Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

no rest for the wicked.... NSFL

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

no rest for the wicked.... NSFL Empty
PostSubject: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 11:45 pm

The mood of the club was particularly somber, despite the bright lights and blaring music. The smiles of the bartenders were forced, and even the dancers seemed to be a little off their usual game. It was understandable, considering the night before marked the untimely demise of one of the club's most beloved workers. She was a lovely individual, from May's time spent working the pole alongside her. Petite and pretty, and with real breasts (unlike her own, which were silicone and makeup and weighed down her chest uncomfortably), and with charisma that made her silver-tongued and able to pull tips that made May positively green with envy. Nevertheless, May had no real connection with the human woman, and didn't feel remarkably mournful at her passing. It was the mortals' way, after all-- death and all that. Humans died constantly. It was difficult for her to even keep tabs on it.

This disconnect from her empathy, she thinks, is one of many reasons she was not welcome in Heaven any longer.

She took slow, measured steps in her stilettos through the club, pausing occasionally to give a smirk or a wink here and there to the patrons, who grinned deviously at her. They were honestly disgusting, all old perverts who took pleasure in the bodies of the young and vulnerable. Had she anywhere else to work, she would have long since dismantled this place with immeasurable delight. Fallen or no, radiant energy burned inside her, and she felt it flare up as her anger did. How she longed to spread her wings and smite these pigs with every ounce of her magic, until there was nothing left but ash. But alas, her position was a fragile one, and she would be smart to remain out of sight and out of mind, so she didn't risk attracting the attention of some... hellish folk. They were separated by an entire realm for a reason.

Sighing and leaning against the bar, May flagged down the bartender to deliver her another platter of drinks. Perhaps she could still salvage her tips tonight from the drunkards attempting to forget the loss.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:05 am

He paused outside the bar, letting out a short sigh. He tried to pretend to not want to be there, but he was lying to himself. As he walk in from the cold night air he instantly felt a bit claustrophobic. He glanced between the ladies who worked there and a few men letting off some steam. He couldn't judge, this wasn't the first time he had come to this bar, but it was the first time he had come on business. He wandered his way through the tables, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his leather jacket. He did notice that there was less males here then usual, but he figured it was on account of the death the night before. Word traveled fast in this part of the city.
His green eyes made eye contact with the bar tender as he finished across the room and sat down. He ordered a whiskey and scanned the bar again. He noticed one of the workers waiting for more drinks just a few feet from him, as he looked her over his mouth and sharp teeth filled with a metallic taste. It was so thick he had to wash it back with his drink before he could speak.
"Not very busy tonight..." He mentioned to her, hoping to strike up a conversation. Jack wasn't the type to be pervy on the girls, if he came here for pleasure he just watched and didn't talk or touch. But he was here to find some answers tonight.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:15 am

May wanted to ignore the stranger approaching the bar, though he was at least much more attractive than the usual patrons, but once he spoke off-handedly to her and her drinks hadn't been prepared, she knew she was trapped in a conversation.

Smile. Be bubbly. She reminded herself, blinking slowly and turning towards the man. She smiled with perfected coyness, her hand reaching up and twirling a bit of her hair.

"Ah, don't worry about that, sweetheart." Her voice was somewhat smokey, but nevertheless almost painfully sweet. "People come here for a good time, after all." She leaned in closer, shifting her weight so her hip stuck out more. "And speaking of a good time, is there anything I can do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:21 am

Jack's eyes trailed down shortly to her hips before popping back up to her face. He tried his best not to smile, "you don't have to do that..." He reached into his pocket and produced a shiney little piece of metal pinned onto a bit of leather. A detectives badge. "I just want to find out more about what happened last night," he shoved it back into his pocket.
"Were you working last night?"
He didn't exactly look the type to be a cop of any sort. But in this city there were a lot of weird things. His dark red shaggy hair hung over his green eyes that almost seemed to glow in the dim light. He took another swig of his drink, trying to not think about the taste of blood in his mouth.

Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:36 am

May's face, as well as her facade, fell at the glint of metal of the police badge the man showed her. She straightened up her posture and crossed her arms over her chest, making a small face of discomfort at the fake breasts being squished against her chest. She wished the club would allow her to work without them.

"No, I wasn't working last night," she says, her voice dropping slightly in pitch. "And before you ask, no, I also didn't know her. We shared a shift here and there together on occasion, but it wasn't much more than a mutual acquaintance, at best."

In truth, she didn't know a lot about the death, besides what she heard on the streets and in gossip between dancers backstage. There were mixed stories, some more gruesome than others, but all of which pointed to one thing: murder.

The bartender delivered the drinks in a timely fashion, setting the tray beside May. She had little desire to assist in any sort of investigation. If she wasn't actively working, easy cash was slipping through her fingers. She lived on those tips, after all.

"Look, unless you intend to get a private dance or something, I need to get back to work. I can't waste time with idle chit-chat."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:42 am

Jack wasn't all that convinced by her answer, but it was more of the reaction his own body was giving off at being close to her, then what she said that made him not trust her. He usually only had the taste of blood in his mouth like this when the person he was around wasn't human.
"Do you know who was working last night," He asked, making a mental note of her lack of empathy toward the dead stripper. "You obviously know what happened, so what did you hear?"
He knew all these questions had been asked the night before when the police were called, but they weren't looking for what he was looking for. He hated this part, searching for answers to questions. His favorite part was the chase instead of the hunt. Well... right behind the thrill of the kill.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 12:54 am

May all but glared at the detective. The police had already come and done a thorough sweep of the place and found nothing, and had questioned basically everyone. She thought she had been spared a long and agonizingly boring interrogation, but apparently she wasn't so lucky.

She released a slow breath of exasperation, looking at the man with half-hooded eyes. Her thickly-applied eye shadow glittered under the multicolored lights.

"If I remember correctly, it was Peaches and Mermaid on the pole. I can't recall anyone else. I generally don't talk to people here if I don't have to. I get my schedule and go."

There was a nagging, tingling sensation running down her spine at the detective's presence. She felt as though she should be on-guard, wary, even though she doubted he wanted anything more than information from her. She had never felt this sensation before, and it made her feel... a little scared. Scared, of a mere mortal? How utterly pathetic was she to fear--

Unless...

"I... I heard she was murdered," May said, a little more calmly. "I also heard it was rather... messy. She was killed in the red light district, I know that from the news, but usually crime in that area is a lot more... I don't know, sexy? This just seemed like one of those shock gore movies. Nothing elegant about it at all, the way she died."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:09 am

"Generally speaking death isn't all that elegant," Jack smiled a bit at her. His teeth were sharp behind his smile, and so he didn't smile for long. He finished off his glass of whiskey and set down a few dollars for payment. He then produced a couple of folded bills and handed them out to May.
He thanked her for her help as he got up to leave, heading toward the back door where the workers lounge and such was. As he got up to the door he flashed his badge to the bouncer that was set there to protect the ladies and passed by him.
When May opened up the folded bills they turned out to be two hundred dollar bills.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:18 am

Her heart began to pound when she saw sharp teeth peek through his grin. Something wasn't right...

May didn't think too much of the cop handing her money. It certainly wouldn't be the very time she got a meager tip for answering questions. However, her jaw went slack when she saw the 100 mark clear as day, and on impulse she took off, abandoning the drinks at the bar and nearly outright running after him. She was almost afraid he had made some sort of mistake, giving her a tip that large, and besides that every instinct in her was commanding her to not let him out of her sight. She wasn't sure if it was her intuition about the police in general, or something deeper. He wasn't normal, and she had to know why. Why her heart raced when he talked to her. Why his eyes were almost ethereal.

She rolled the bills back up and shoved them into her top, running right past the bouncer (who gave her an odd look).

"Hey! Wait just a second--" she called out urgently. "You can't just-- I can't--"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:24 am

Jack only paused for a second, glancing back at May jogging up after him.
"Yes I did mean to give you that much," he answered, rolling his eyes playfully as he walked toward the locker that the dead stripper had owned. It had already been opened by the police the night before so the lock was off. But when they didn't find anything important they had left her belongings inside. He reached out a hand to open it and smiled when he saw her coat. She had obviously left the night before with out it. Which was odd.

He hadn't noticed that the taste of blood was gone until it returned again when May was just a few feet away. He swallowed hard, feeling his heart race against the taste.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:35 am

When May slowed to a stop a ways back from Jack, she stared at him intensely. No one she had ever met had thrown around money so casually in that plane. It was a precious commodity. Who was he, to be so nonchalant about something that would pay for her basic groceries multiple times over?

"You know... I think you need a warrant for that," she said, smiling a little weakly. "I don't know what you expect to find that'll be useful for evidence. The police already went through everything they could think of."

Anxiety was gripping her, now, like a hand clutching her heart and squeezing. She didn't feel entirely endangered, no, but she felt something strange about him. She had to know. Even if it was just a hunch, she had to know.

Her eyes flashed a brilliant gold, pupils turning white. Then, after a mere second, she staggered backwards in terror and pressed herself against the nearby wall.

"You! You're-- you're one of--" she stammered, her heart quickening its pace even further.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:41 am

Jack had mostly been ignoring her. He grabbed the coat from the lockers and brought it up to his nose to smell it. He inhaled deeply, taking in the smell of her very being and labeling it as important in his mind. Just when he was done he turned back around to face her, looking very nonchalant.
"What? A detective who actually gets shit done?" he asked, "or maybe someone who just bought your silence?" His eyes narrowed just a bit. But he didn't make any threatening moves.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 1:53 am

Fear bubbled up in May's throat, choking her. She watched the being in front of her with wide eyes, taking in his every movement and waiting for any possible threatening action. She wasn't sure whether to run or fight-- logically she knew he wouldn't outright attack her, not somewhere as public as the club, but her emotions overwhelmed her. Demons were not generally known for their tact.

And all she was to the human world was a lowly stripper. What would it matter if she died, as the other girl did?

"Bought my silence?" May repeated, her voice shaky. "As if anyone would actually believe me. I'm just a stripper at a club. You're a detective, or so you claim to be. Who would even think twice about something happening to me?"

Her fingers dug into the cheap paint on the wall, nails stratching away at it slightly.

"So tell me. Was it you this whole time? Is that get-up just a trick to lure your victims in? Do you have some sort of sick fetish for a game like this?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 2:01 am

"Bought your silence as in don't cause a scene..." Jack said very bluntly. He stuffed his hands back into the pockets of his leather jacket. He seemed to be getting slightly annoyed but only slightly.
"You always assume that all demons are blood thirsty monsters..." He snapped a little, taking offense to her assumptions about him being the killer. "I am actually a detective and I am NOT the killer... As hard as that may be to believe."
He made a tsking sound between his teeth before turning to leave out of the lounge, shaking his head. He could already smell something in the bar, something linking his brain to the smell of the dead stripper.

No he wasn't like most demons. He was a mutt and had more emotions then most demons. He was generally shunned by the other demons and so he spent most of his time hunting them down when they were killing innocent humans. It was the only thing that filled the void in him... Other then booze...
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 2:46 pm

May appeared to calm a little, her look of fear instead turning into one of irritation. She crossed her arms.

"I can't say I've ever met a demon who was anything but what you just described. Not that I go out of my way to run into them." She glanced over her shoulder, making sure no one was coming into the room. Fortunately the music was loud enough in the main area of the club to cover their voices.

As the detective appeared to try and leave, May's arms dropped to her sides and she moved to intercept him, blocking the door.

"So you're honestly trying to help, then? Not that I'm sure I can take your word for it, but no tricks? Because if you so much as try anything, I will stop you."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Jack seemed like he was going to get extremely angry for a second before smiling at May.
"Just like you stopped the other demon from killing your coworker," he half teased. "I thought angels were supposed to care about humans?" He had to admit this was the last place he ever thought that he would see an angel. And it made him understand why his mouth filled with blood when he was around her. Angels and Demons were natural enemies. The blood that any demon would taste would send normal ones into a blind killing rampage. But it was something he had never had a problem with. It was more annoying then anything and made him thirsty.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:39 pm

May felt as though she had been slapped. The absolute nerve!

"Yes, well, angels are supposed to do a lot of things. None of which include predicting the future and monitoring every demon that comes our way." She cocked her head and smiled wryly. "As I told you earlier, I wasn't working yesterday. I might stick my neck out for my coworkers when it comes to mortal issues, but I had no control over what happened to her. And who's to say I would have even been able to stop it without causing a scene?"

She stepped closer to him, her face inches from his. Her voice was low, barely above a whisper but had a strange, almost unnatural echo to it that pierced through the music in the background.

"And how remarkable it is for a demon to get such a prestigious job in the mortal plane. Your abilities must be rather impressive. Your restraint must be... astounding."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:46 pm

He didn't budge as the angel moved close to him. He remained cool and smiled a bit wider, his sharp teeth showing nicely.
"You have no idea..." He mumbled back, slightly shifting his weight to press onto her just a bit. Their gaze was almost level, she was tall. But that was not uncommon for an angel. His green eyes flashed with energy, and he was unable to keep his full human form with his concentration being pulled. For a second his half form flashed and she glimpsed his pupil-less eyes and horns on the side of his head.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:54 pm

May cocked a sly smile, her own form slipping intentionally. Her large, brilliant wings fanned out on both sides, feathers a shimmering white that ended with faded gold at the tips. They were still mostly transparent, but nevertheless kicked up a small breeze and dropped the room temperature significantly.

"I'll be keeping a close eye on you," she said simply, her voice like words on the wind, and her eyes blazing gold. She stepped aside, her wings tucking back to her form and disappearing from sight.

"Do what you want. You seem interesting enough."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Jack had to force down his own desires to finished the job at hand. He decided not to say anything else and left the room to head back into the bar. The loud music almost seemed to sooth him as he tried to forget what could have happened in that moment instead.
Once he had his composure he glanced through the bar again, taking in a long inhale through his nose. Blood. He could smell blood. And it was coming from a sleezy looking man in the corner.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:18 pm

The man in question was hunched over a table in the corner, an empty glass in one hand and the other hand raking through his hair. He looked uneasy, inebriated to say the least, and flagged down a nearby worker and shouted at them for another drink. May recognized how severely drunk he was, and the worker followed club protocol and refused to give him another drink. Unfortunately, that seemed to trigger his wrath, and a shouting match played out which drew the attention from nearby patrons and strippers. The girl he was yelling at took a wary step back, holding her hands close to her chest as a defensive posture. He nearly sent the chair flying as he stood up, face twisted in anger, and continued shouting at her.

May's jaw clenched, her eyebrows set low. "Disgusting," she said in a mutter. Though she wanted to be the one to send the asshole off, she took the risk of easily losing her job getting involved in an altercation.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Jack watched the man start to yell at the waitress, thinking over the options of what he should do. When he stood up and seemed like he would harm the human Jack quickly took action. He moved across the room quickly and got in between him and young lady, taking a defensive stance.
"Hey! Back off!" He shouted, his green eyes flashing against the darkness of the club.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 pm

"Oh yeah?" The man slurred, his own eyes flashing red. "And what're you gonna do about it, ya freak?" He stumbled a little, but regained his balance quickly and puffed up his chest at Jack.

"Oh shit," May said, realizing what the man was. Humans likely wouldn't notice the signs, their perception of reality was depressingly abyssmal, but she could see a dark aura beginning to rise like a fog at the demon's feet. If he manifested there, the lives of the entire club would be in great jeopardy.

"Get outta here, if you know what's good for ya," he continued, lips pulling back into a snarl that revealed rows of pointed teeth.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 10:55 pm

Jack made a motion at the waitress to get moving so she wasn't in the way and laughed at the drunk demon.
"How about we take this outside tough guy?" He asked with a wide and excited smile. He would kill the demon in front of all the humans if he had to. He could wipe their memory. But it could get messy and dangerous.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 pm

The man sobered up disturbingly quickly, tilting his head to the side and grinning wickedly.

"Why would I wanna do that?" He asked in a low hiss, his eyes glazing over red. "I think we should take care of this right here and now." He spread his arms, fingertips elongating into talons. He laughed, a horrific and echoing sound, and the temperature of the room intensified.

May gasped, rushing forward at a sprint (thankfully she was quite efficient in moving in her heels) and snagging the, now nearly petrified in terror, woman by the arm and tugging her away. She hoped the detective knew what he was doing, because the odds of this fight turning sour were fairly great. She didn't know if she could usher the rest of the people outside in time before the demon formed fully.

Humans were unable to see half-forms, or see the little slips in the disguises in the supernatural. But they certainly felt the effects of it, and if the demon fully manifested... it would be very difficult to hide. The humans would notice immediately, and likely go into a panic.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Jack shrugged a little and pulled his hand gun from his belt and aimed it at the demon.
"You are under arrest for the murder of Tiffany Coleman," he stated loudly, before turning his head slightly to address the rest of the club. "Everyone please evacuate the building!" He also gave his new angel friend a glance as if to ask her for her help getting the humans out of the club.
He knew the gun wouldn't threaten the demon and it wouldn't do any good to shoot him. But he had to put on a show for the humans. As he starred the demon down his own disguise started to fade. Nothing the humans would see in their panic. His eyes became pupiless and his features became slightly more boney and sunken in. His horns were large and were black and white.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 2:57 pm

Fortunately the sight of the gun appeared to deter the locals, who took turns screaming and running for the door. May barely had to do anything as they shoved each other through the double-doors leading outside, leaving the club wholly empty (besides the three) in mere seconds. However, she was a little afraid that the bouncers or a particularly brave and drunk patron would think they could be a hero, so she rushed over to bar the doors closed with a chair.

"So I was right about you," the demon laughed, "nothin' but a freak parading around as a flat-foot police officer. Hilarious!"

He swayed slightly from side to side, a snake-like tail curling at his feet and flicking with anticipation.

"And that bitch had it comin'. No one says no to me. No one!" The demon shrieked, looking as though he was about to attack Jack. Then, a pearly white stiletto heel slammed into the side of his head, and he looked over at May in a rage.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:09 pm

Mostly for show, to keep the humans out, Jack fired twice at the demon before quickly returning his gun to his side. He took his leather jacket off as quickly as he could, tossing it over a table to the side. Just after May through her shoe at his head he dove forward to punch him in the face, hard ice surrounding his knuckles to reinforce the punch and tear at his skin.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:24 pm

The punch landed while the demon was distracted, send him reeling backwards and stumbling into the nearby table. He hissed in pain at the blow, claw reaching up to delicately touch at the torn flesh stretching across his face. His nose was crooked as though broken, but did not bleed.

"Alright, alright, you probably scared them enough!" May shouted, kicking off her other shoe and rushing towards the demon. As he stood back up and snarled at her, she planted her hand over his face. Immediately, radiant energy seared his face, smoke rising up from in between her fingers. He screamed in agony, and as May leaped back (just in time to dodge a lash of his tail), he hunched over with both claws covering his charred face.

"It's not very powerful," May commented, skin glowing slightly with residual energy from her attack. "Likely caught the poor girl off-guard. A human is no match for even the weakest of demons."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:33 pm

"Good then I wont have to ruin my clothes!" Jack shouted happily as he went back at the demon and punched him several more times with both fists. He grabbed the front of his shirt to not let him get away. The air was cool around Jack and bits of ice formed on the floor tiles where he stepped. His power seemed to be cold unlike most demons who were hot and toxic. A large sharp icicle formed in the palm of his free hand. He smiled wickedly as he brought it up and rammed it into the demons chest. Very quickly the ice spread through his body, freezing him solid as it went. Jack let go of his shirt and took a couple step back.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:46 pm

May watched Jack's assault on the demon with a mixture of shock and disgust. She really should have expected as much, though the ice was a bit of a curveball, but it was still stunning to see in person.

"Yeah I... I think you got him." She moved over to the frozen form of the demon and kicked at it lightly with the inside of her foot. Cracks webbed over the ice in seconds, and the entire lump shattered as the demon perished and dissipated into smoke, returning to Hell. May sighed and ghosted a cross over her front with her first two fingers.

"I need to get into a better line of work," she said with a small, humorless laugh, looking over at Jack. "If this is the sort of shit I have to put up with."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 3:53 pm

Jack wiped his hands together and shook the bits of ice off before grabbing his leather jacket and pulling it back on. Once it was on he dug into the pocket and produced a pack of cheap cigarettes and placed once between his lips. It seemed to light on its own and he puffed the smoke in deeply.
"Why are you working here? And why are you even on earth?" He asked after he put the cigarette back in his hand. As he spoke smoke escaped out his nose. He seemed as if he was going to leave, glancing around for another way out besides the front door.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:23 pm

May watched Jack smoke for a moment before sighing deeply.

"Tell you what, let me get changed and I'll tell you everything. Since you probably prevented another murder I feel as though I owe you that much." She walked off towards the locker room, motioning the detective to follow.

Once inside, May shut the door behind them and went to work unzipping her rhinestone-laced top and bottoms. She haphazardly shoved them into her locker, pulling out her street clothes and tossing them into a nearby chair. She seemed to not care about Jack's presence at her mostly nakedness, though something about her chest was definitely off. Her breasts were discolored compared to the rest of her body, and they seemed... stiff despite no longer being supported by her top.

"So basically," she began, picking at her chest as though trying to peel the skin off, "I was kicked out of Heaven. Not for anything you might expect, either. No big event or anything... I just never really fit in. Never really belonged, I guess. No hard feelings, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Jack silently followed the angel back into the locker room, puffing on his smoke stick as they went. He watched her get undressed, his eyes half lidded as if he thought nothing of it. She was an angel after all. There was no way he was going to be able to get a piece of that.
His eyes opened a bit wider as she explained that she was kicked out of heaven. But then he looked confused at her explanation.
"So you aren't a fallen angel then?" He asked as he finished off his cigarette. "Sounds like you and me are basically on the same boat but from different sides. I didn't exactly get along with every body in hell."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 pm

In one swift movement, May snagged a loose flap on her chest and peeled the false breasts from her pecs. She sighed in relief as the weight was lifted, and stretched a little to readjust to the feeling. Almost angrily, she stuffed the silicon into her locker and slammed it shut. She hated that she had to disguise herself to meet the humans' standards. In Heaven, it was a non-issue.

"Fallen angel implies I fell. It was more a... mutual agreement. They didn't burn my wings and I still have access to all my power. I'm simply not allowed back, nor am I allowed to interfere in their business." She explained, pulling a shirt over her head and slipping into black tights and a pink skirt. She tugged on her coat and buttoned it up, then wrapped a striped scarf around her neck. Finally, she slipped into more regular, and somewhat weathered, white heels. She'd have to wash her makeup off when she got home.

"Funny. I figured you were a bit of an oddball for being a demon and a cop. Certainly explains that... Not that I'm judging. I'd certainly rather run into a renegade demon than another angel, at this point."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:48 pm

"There are actually a lot more demons living human lives then you would think," Jack shrugged, looking away a little. He thought about his father and wondered if she would know about him. "A lot of them are diplomats or CEO's of big companies."

"I would have to agree about the angel thing, they have their heads shoved so far up their ass..." He turned to walk back out since she seemed ready to go. "It might be better if we go out the back and just leave them wondering."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 4:55 pm

"Yeah, I can see that." May left the locker room with the detective, careful to go out the back exit that lead into the nearby alley to not attract too much attention. If she was lucky, she wouldn't have to deal with the fallout of what happened there when she went into work the next time. If there would even be a next time.

"Not many angels would survive down here. I struggled enough as it was and I'm fairly... what's the expression humans use? 'Down to earth.'" She smiled at the irony.

"But I digress... I never even caught your name, detective. You can call me May. I'm afraid my burned bridge to Heaven prevents me from sharing my angelic name, but it was a mouthful anyway."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 pm

He smiled at her warmly, "I'm Jack. Honestly I don't really have a demonic name. My father was not very creative.." He ran his hand back through his shaggy red hair and let out a sigh. He was really glad that the encounter didn't go any worse. But he felt bad that he couldn't have stopped the demon sooner. It wasn't the first human he had killed.
He walked with her down the alley way, unsure of what he should do next. He was done for the night and usually he just had a drink and went to bed.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 8:07 pm

"Your father, eh?" May remarked. "From the way you said that I'm guessing you aren't a pure-blooded demon, then. Makes sense given your disposition to... law enforcement." She giggled, "Not that I'm any better. I'm pure and work as a sex worker for humans. We're certainly two odd peas in a pod. Hey, look at that, another human saying. I'm on a roll."

She laughed, a vibrant and warm sound, a goofy smile spread across her face. She shoved her hands into the pockets of her coat.

"So what will you do now? I imagine the justice system here won't take too kindly to the guilty party up and vanishing. Not that anyone can prove anything, nor did they even ever prove who it was... but it might be a pain when it comes to paperwork."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 11:35 pm

"I'm not full blooded, no, but some say that makes me even more powerful..." Jack explained with a smile. He listened to her laugh and felt a warmness in his chest. It was nice to meet someone who wasn't so afraid or put off by him. It was nice to hear someone laugh with innocence instead of evil.

"Actually the case was closed almost immediately. Either because this demon was part of a gang that paid off a cop, or because no body cared about the stripper with no family," He said, turning slightly somber. The humans had a way of being almost more cold then a lot of demons. "So I don't have any paperwork to do."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:28 am

"So..." May trailed on, rolling her head a little. Her breath came out as wisps in the cold, night air. "You have a place to stay tonight, detective? You're more than welcome to bunk at my place for the night. The inhuman need to stick together, after all, even if we are from opposite sides."

She put on a flirty smile, cocking an eyebrow at Jack.

"And inviting a demon over would be quite adventurous, if I do say so."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:36 am

Jack looked at her curiously, unsure of what to say at first. Did she have some reason to trust him? Probably no more then he had to trust her. But he sorta did for some strange reason. Maybe it was because she was an outcast like him. Or maybe it was because she didn't act anything like an angel. Least none that he had ever met.
"I actually don't have a place. Can't stay still too long with my work so I just check into a shitty motel every night." He turned the corner at the end of the alley, almost round back toward the front of the club. He paused at a red and black motorcycle and swung his leg over, not bothering to put on a helmet. After he kicked the bike loose from the stand he smiled at May and motioned her to get on with his head.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:43 am

"A motorcycle? This just keeps getting better and better." May said as she swung her leg over, tucking herself closely to Jack's back and hugging her arms around his waist.

"My place is a ways from here, just so you know. You'd be surprised at how much I get paid on good nights... like this one." Her voice dropped in volume and she rested her chin on Jack's shoulder, speaking softly into his ear. "And y'know, despite the whole having to basically murder someone thing... I'd say it was a very good night indeed. But I'd like to end it on an even better note."

She pulled back a little. "Just take a left to leave and take the first left and follow the road all the way up. My apartment building will be on the right on Amber Road, near the end. Follow it all the way back."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:57 am

Jack's heart couldn't help but race a bit as she leaned against him and spoke... Maybe a bit seductively...
"I would say killing a demon who has done nothing but wrong for this world a pretty good night," Jack laughed as he started his motorcycle and revved it's engine a couple times. "But I wouldn't mind ending it with a bigger bang."
As they stared down the street he pulled his feet from off the ground and let the bike go. Very quickly they were speeding down the street, the cool night air wiping through their hair and pushing on their faces. He drove over the speed limit and took corners too fast. Just fast enough to be very exciting but not actually put them in real danger.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:05 am

skippy skippy skippy

Once the two had made it safely to the parking lot of May's apartment complex, motion-sensor lights flicked on and bathed them both in a pale, artificial light. May's makeup sparkled, though a lot of it was smeared or rubbed off entirely, and her smile was dazzling. She pulled her keys from her coat pocket and made her way upstairs without another word, simply ushering Jack to follow with a sly look.

She unlocked her door and opened it, sighing and tearing off her coat, and throwing it carelessly on the floor. The apartment was simple, but elegant, with tan walls and many framed photos of environments and landscapes that were perfectly aligned with each other. Her furniture looked fairly new, but nevertheless used, with a brown faux leather coach and a loveseat sitting by a half-empty bookshelf decorated in various knick-knacks. The space was warm and, though it could use a little more in the ways of furnishing, was obviously lived in and comfortable.

May kicked off her heels and made a beeline to the bathroom, calling behind her, "Make yourself at home. I'll just be a minute."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:11 am

As they entered her apartment Jack glanced around for anything suspicious or any other signs of life. When she called to him to be comfortable he pulled his leather coat off and tossed it over the arm of the couch before sitting on it. He listened to what she may have been doing in the other room, wondering if this night was leading where he wanted it to.

"This whole situation is very strange, but I can't say I am upset..." He called to her, leaning back on the couch.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:04 pm

May took her time scrubbing off her makeup, the heaviness of it making her skin feel uncomfortable and plastered. She should have really invested in some better quality merchandise...

Stripping down, she took a quick rinse in her small shower, savoring the feel of hot water for a few minutes before she toweled herself off and slipped on a fluffy, white robe.

May emerged from the bathroom in nothing but the robe, her hair still wet and messy with some strands sticking to her cheeks.

"So," she began, looking devious, "What's your poison? I've got a full arsenal." She twirled around, her wings flaring out and hiding her from sight for a brief moment. Then, like the feather fans of a performer, they separated, and May peeked out, her face looking a little... softer. Her wings folded and she put a hand on her hip, which was much more curvy than previously. Her chest also stuck out, though it looked entirely natural and not like the false breasts she wore when working. "I've been practicing some things," she explained, her voice still smoky but higher pitched. "Unless you'd like me to go au naturale, but that wouldn't really be fun for either of us."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Jack was taken off guard by May emerging in her robe and then flaunting around. His brain was completely blank for a moment as he watched her and thought about what she had said. Was this really happening? Was this going where he thought it would. His ears rang and his cheeks turned very slightly red, but he felt like his face was on fire.
"I.. Uh.." He mumbled at first, a weird pressure building up inside of his body. "Honestly... I'm up for pretty much anything." He forced himself to look away from her to clear his head just a little. But then he looked back, "though if I had to choose a preference... That is pretty nice.." He sort of gestured at her more feminine figure and pushed himself off the couch to head over to her. He smiled slyly, his heart pounding in his chest.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 11:38 pm

May cocked an eyebrow at Jack, and teased, "Ahh, so the demon is rather open-minded. Can't say I'm surprised... but I admit I would rather be in another, more comfortable form." She did a twirl, careful not to accidentally slap the man with her wings. Even in the dim light, they appeared to glow.

"Well, I suppose I can cut to the chase. I'm not much in the mood for foreplay. Or talking, for that matter. It still feels like work, y'know? But I'm no prostitute." She spun around, her wings folding to her back, and she slowly and leisurely made her way towards the bedroom. "It's just been a while since I had some fun, and I feel as though there's no better candidate for the oldest dance than your mortal enemy."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 12:30 am

Jack's smile fell a little. He wondered what May thought was going to come from this. He generally wasn't one to turn this sort of thing down. But if he felt like it may effect the other participant negatively he was hesitant.
He followed her into the bedroom and toward the bed. He didn't say anything as he reached out a hand, snagged her hip, and pulled her close against him. The taste of blood in his mouth was almost overwhelming and started to drive him just as much as the pressure building inside of him did.
He looked down at her, looking over her features. "Do whatever you are comfortable with," he quietly instructed before bending a bit to kiss her lips firmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no rest for the wicked.... NSFL   no rest for the wicked.... NSFL I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

no rest for the wicked.... NSFL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: