Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demonic Happenings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Demonic Happenings  Empty
PostSubject: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:33 am

((Crappy start but here we go!))

"Finally," Colt sighed with exaggeration as she dropped her bag and flopped over the floral couch. "I'm SO TIRED, you are a slave driverrrr..." She groaned dramatically, speaking to her friend. They had been on the road for several days with little to no rest. Now they had decided to stop in a city in Nevada for a few days to recoup and look for more leads.
Colt was in her early twenties, around 5 foot 8 with a lean figure. She had brown hair that toppled over her shoulders in loose curls and her bangs were always in her bright green eyes. Freckles lined her cheeks and tops of her arms and legs. She had a few jagged teeth that hinted at the fact that she wasn't human, but to an untrained eye they didn't look terribly odd. Her outfits usually consisted of easy slip on shoes, leggings, a short skirt, and a shirt with something cute on it and dark coat. Though she found herself always buying new coats. In their line of work they would get ripped up pretty easily. She wore and sweater and a coat today since it was winter.

Her and her small group of friends were traveling after a lead they had gotten saying their friends with in this area. Colt found it hard to believe that Vincent and Ronnie would be in such a snow covered state. But it was a reliable source that they got the information from. They were all worried about them, since they were in danger. But they were also pretty confident they were ahead of whoever was hunting them. But they had been on the road through a few states.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 am

Devon chuckles wearily as she drops her backpack on the ground beside the hideous couch. "I know, I know," she says, perching on the couch's arm. "I'm the worst. But we needed to get here quick. Vincent's not much of a fighter and Ronnie's--well, Ronnie." She unzips the bulky leather jacket and unwinds the silvery scarf around her neck, shrugging both off and over her bag. In doing so, she reveals the twin handguns at her hips, snug and secure in their holsters--but never far out of reach. "We'll crash tonight and get going in the morning, if we don't hear from them soon."

On the other side of the room, Zeke kicks the door shut, his arms loaded with heavy bags. "Don't mind me, I can manage," he mutters, dropping the load on the ground. His own belongings take up no more space than a duffel bag, but only because he went on the run. He licks his lips, taking a moment to poke at the extra-sharp fangs in his upper teeth that still feel so unfamiliar. "I guess I don't get why we needed to bolt here so fast? I get they're friends or whatever, but just how bad is this family of theirs?"
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:27 am

"Oh sorry Zeke," Colt said pushing herself up from the couch. But when she saw that he had basically gotten everything she let herself flop down again.
"More then I could describe," She added at the end, throwing her arm over her eyes and trying not to think too heavily about the vampire that she just recently found out was Vincents brother. It made sense based on their age and taste in clothing. So far she was the only one who had encountered Villie yet, and she was thankful for that. But word got around quick about him in the Hunters Association. And vary few people faced him and lived to tell about it. She didn't talk about what happened when she had faced him, she always changed the subject.
"He's been around for a very very long time and so is very very powerful..." She added after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:19 pm

"They're old friends. And Villie's a huge threat--not just to them, but to everyone," Devon continues. She rubs her eyes under her glasses, exhausted by the long drive and general worry. "If I remember right, he's the one who turned Vincent, so if he's looking for him now, it's not for a fun family reunion. Plus, we're worried he's got some old contacts or even some other family we don't know much about."

"Geez. What is it about immortality that makes people so nasty?" Zeke asks. He unconsciously rubs the side of his neck, over scars that are no longer there. His own vampiric turn was recent, just over a week ago, and the adjustment has been difficult. He often forgets it happened at all, until someone reminds him or he makes the mistake of trying to eat regular food. Come to think of it, he's effectively immortal now. The thought sends a shudder down his spine.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:46 pm

"I think it has more to do with primal urges you get after the change," Colt said as she sat up on the couch again to look at Zeke. "Same for wolves honestly... Not a lot of people can learn to control it."
She momentarily thought back to when she was bitten, it was by a werewolf that couldn't control himself and he attacked everything that moved like he was rabid. The memory didn't bother her too much.
"Plus, if I remember correctly, they were both princes originally, brothers to queen Victoria," she mused in half thought. "So wanting power an all that would come pretty naturally." She yawned, not bothering to muffle it at all. It was crazy how much Vincent and Villie were polar opposites. She kind of couldn't wait to see him again, and to know him and Ronnie were both okay.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 2:09 pm

((Just realized I started writing in present-tense instead of past. Oops.))

"That's . . . some history," Zeke said, blinking a few times.

Devon took out her phone to check, but there were still no messages or anything awaiting her. She wasn't sure why she bothered--Vincent wasn't terribly likely to send her a text. "Frankly, I see it more in humans who turned rather than born demons. Power corrupts, I guess. Even if, you know, that power means sedating yourself once a month or drinking blood or whatever else." She shrugs tiredly. "But thankfully there's only one or two to really worry about, and the Hunters to take care of the rest. Speaking of, I really wish we'd hear back from Vincent. We can't track Villie at all, so . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Colt chuckled a little at the idea of Vincent using a phone. He generally liked to stay away from anything too technological. They were hard for him to wrap his mind around. Ronnie on the other hand, was well versed in the ways of tiny computers.

"Maybe Ronnie lost their phone," Colt suggested, "you know how he is."

As if on cue Devon received a text message that read:
phone was dead. we r fine. near Gordon NE.

Thankfully, that was exactly where they were.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 2:37 pm

"Oh, good. They're nearby," Devon said after reading the text. She sent off a quick response: just got here, keep us posted. Then she tucked the phone away again. "Thank god. I'm tired as hell and really don't feel like doing a manhunt today."

"Isn't that your job?" Zeke asked skeptically.

"But I'm tired. And I've already got enough to do. We're gonna have to pin you down a blood source while we're in Nevada, and look for leads, and ugh."

Zeke made a slight face at the mention of blood.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 2:46 pm

"Do we get to sleep first?" Colt ask as if she was about to get really bad news.

Devon got a text back.
k. will need to stop for blood then we can find u.

"Maybe Vincent can help find a blood source for you," she added after a second. She didn't know that Vincent couldn't drink bagged blood like what they usually got for Zeke. Only Devon knew that, it was a bit of an accident that she knew. All the vampires that Colt knew that weren't evil drank from blood bags, so why would she assume otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 3:22 pm

"There's gotta be a way around that," Zeke said with a shake of his head. "I can't keep drinking like that. It's horrible." His fear of blood had been a well-kept secret--until he turned and his body craved it like nothing else. He had given in once, the same night he turned, and immediately been sick afterward. He had kept enough to keep him going, but he knew he needed to find a replacement soon.

"Unfortunately, nobody's made a good enough substitute," Devon sighed, reading the new text and putting her phone away again. "There's not exactly a huge pool of scientists to make a good synthetic or anything else.

Zeke groaned, but said nothing else. He would just continue to put it off as long as possible.

"Anyway," Devon continued, glancing at Colt, "They have to make a stop, so yeah. You can just go crash if you want, I'll probably have a nap out here until they get here."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 4:31 pm

"I'll ask Zack if he's heard any news on that," Colt said to Zeke as she stood from the couch and grabbed her bag. Though he hadn't met Zack yet he knew he was their main contact through the Hunters Association. She was going to ask him, but she knew it was unlikely.

She took her bag into her room, leaving the door open behind her. She didn't like being alone a lot and pretty much always left her door open unless she was changing or such.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Devon kicked her bag in the vague direction of her room, then draped herself across the couch with her back to the room. "Wake me up under penalty of death," she warned.

"I guess I can keep an eye out," Zeke said, slightly strangled.

"Cool. I'm gonna try to get in contact with some people once they get here, see what we can find. Or just sleep for twenty years, whichever."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 8:53 pm

Only a couple hours passed before there was a light knock on their hotel door. Colt practically jumped out of bed to make sure she got to the door first. She hadn't been sleeping as much as she had been resting.

"Oh my god what happened to your face!?" She nearly screeched when she opened the door.
"Screw you!" Ronnie quickly answered and they both laughed. Obviously she was poking fun at the human and there was actually nothing wrong with him. But he didn't fall for it.
She opened the door and stepped to the side to invite their friends in. Ronnie came in and dropped their load of bags, sighing heavily. He was a young man, looking to be around 25 or so. He was tall and lean with shoulder length brown hair pulled back into a loose pony tail. His hair was usually messy because he just didn't care. His clothes were a bit out dated but not as bad as his companion who came in behind him.

"Ello dear," Vincent chimed happily with a slightly british accent and hugged Colt back when she moved in for one. Colt was just a hugger, and he didn't mind. Next to Ronnie Vincent was like a tower, and the human seemed buff. He was pale skinned with violet eyes, black bangs hanging over one eye, hair spiked in the back with a white patch in the front of his hair that didn't have bangs. He had soft features, pointed ears and a kind face. The air about him was sweet and caring but wise.
Once he let go of Colt his eye met with Devons and he smiled, "ello, sorry to keep you waiting."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Devon was jolted out of her light sleep by the knock at the door, but before she could even think of getting up, Colt zipped past her. She smiled at her friend's enthusiasm and decided to take her time getting up.

"No worries," she said to Vincent. "Just glad to see you guys in one piece." She stretched indulgently before getting to her feet, holding out a hand for a less-affectionate handshake. She would leave the hugging to Colt.

"Um, hello," Zeke said, awkwardly waving from where he stood behind Colt. "You don't know me but I'm guessing you're Vincent and Ronnie."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Vincent shook Devons hand in a friendly manner before looking over at Zeke when he spoke. He was quiet for a moment, his expression not so happy, as if he was thinking.
"Sweet another guy finally," Ronnie laughed. He looked over Zeke for a moment and noticed how quiet his friend had gotten. He didn't notice what Vincent had right away but when he did... He didn't care.

"Yes, I am Vincent and my companion is Ronnie," the vampire said suddenly breaking out of his trance like state and reaching out to shake his hand as well. He smiled at him, deciding the young vampire wasn't a threat.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Zeke laughed nervously, unsure of how to take Vincent's sudden change in emotion. "Yeah, you too," he replied, nervous. "I uh, hear some stuff is going down. Doubt I can help, but I can around. Make drinks, that kind of thing."

"Two of you can't drink and two of us need three times the alcohol to get drunk, but your enthusiasm is appreciated." Devon claps Zeke on the shoulder before turning to Vincent. "So. Shall we start?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 11:10 pm

"I would love one of those drinks," Ronnie said to Zeke with a short smile.
"I'm still human, I can get drunk just fine.." He thumbed to his chest.

"Oh, yes, sorry." Vincent smiled to Devon. "Though I am not sure that I will be much of a help. To be honest, I do not know why my brother is after me suddenly or who the group is comprised of beyond William." He moved over to couch to sit down with her.

Colt decided to let Devon handle the business, she wanted to stick with Zeke.
"I'm not into drinking, but I do enjoy watching Ronnie get drunk!"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 11:57 pm

"Oh, I don't. Don't actually have any alcohol. It was a joke." Zeke rubs his neck uncomfortably. "I--guess I could get some, or I would if I weren't broke."

"No, you're fine, chill out." Devon sits back on the couch. "The Hunters don't have much, either. He's impossible to track. Mostly rumors. Some thoughts that there's other family members involved, maybe Some others he gathered? Had he tried to contact you at all?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 am

Ronnie groaned, "ah what good are you for then?" He waved his hand dismissively at Zeke before taking a spot on an arm chair.

Vincent thought for a moment, "he sent for someone to retrieve us, said it was for a friendly meeting. But when I said no the retriever became violent." He folded his hands in his lap, sitting straight and on the edge of the couch.
"As far as I know we do not have any living family, he was careful to kill all of them. Unless he turned them instead of killing them... But then he would have competition, so I doubt he would have done that." He shrugged a little, feeling bad that he was unable to he more helpful.

Colt shrugged,"it was a fun idea, maybe another time." She thought about the time of night and thought about how cold it was outside.
"We could go dig up some trouble, see if there are any low level demons or such around."

Last edited by Almost Easy on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 12:54 pm

"Lovely," Devon sighed. "Maybe it's extended family? Or maybe it's not and it's just a weird little coven he's developing. Not good either way, though I'm a bit worried if you have another family member you pissed off..."

"I know that feeling," Zeke said mildly, flipping through something on his phone as a distraction.

"Anyway It wouldn't be a bad idea to scout out the area, see if there's anything that might link back to Villie. I doubt there will be, but it can't hurt since we don't know where he's at." Devon got to her feet, patting the guns at her hips as though to check they were still there. "Plus, we need to find our newbie blood before he passes out."

Wide-eyed, Zeke shook his head. "No, no we don't. We can avoid that. I'm fine."

"Yes, we do. It's either that or you lose it in another week, and then we have to kill you, which I don't feel like doing."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Vincent gave a confused look to Zeke as he stood up from the couch.
"You struggle with the number one thing that drives you now?" He asked, his expression worried. He took a few steps over toward him.
"Unless you want white hair for eternity," he ran his hand through his spikey white bangs, "you should not with hold yourself from blood."

Colt listened and made a humming sound, she had no idea that was why. Then she thought about her other friends white hair.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Zeke scowled. "I'm afraid of blood," he said. "The last time I took any, I threw it all up and had a panic attack. I don't want to do it. Besides, I don't care if I go white. It'll probably look dashing on me."

"Well, again, that's the least of your concerns," Devon added. She grabbed her coat and pulled it on in one efficient movement. "But you'll probably get hungry enough that it won't matter, so either way we'll figure it out."

Zeke shoved his hands in his pockets to hide that they were faintly shaking.

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

"I can tell you have already gone too long," Vincent said in a firm but concerned tone. "Have you tried intravenously?"

"That's a good idea!" Colt chimed, knowing that they hadn't tried that yet.

"Some of your urges to feed will not be satisfied, but it will keep you living and strong.." He trailed off a little, unsure if he should mention that he young vampire wouldn't come into his powers with out keeping himself well fed.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 4:55 pm

"I don't think I like that idea any more than the rest," Zeke replied, looking a bit queasy at the thought. He hunched his shoulders, looking away. "God, just my luck that I would be the world's only hemophobic vampire."

Devon gave a little sigh and pat him on the shoulder. "We'll get it sorted," she assured. "There's not really a way around it. There's gotta be a blood bank or a hospital nearby we can take from, and then we'll figure what to do. It's unavoidable."

"Yeah, well, I didn't exactly ask for this."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 6:18 pm

Colt and Vincent both frowned, they felt bad for Zeke. And Vincent most of all understood.
"I was much like you when I first turned," Vincent said softly, "took me many years to be able to just drink with out vomiting after or drowning in grief." He reached out and put a hand on his shoulder. His grip was firm enough to be reasurring, but soft enough to be comforting. "It will become easier with time, and you will also find reasons to enjoy the gift... At least most of the time." He smiled at him before pulling his hand back and looking at Devon.
"Shall we go? I believe we need a change of subject."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 pm

Devon cleared her throat. "Yeah, let's get going," she agreed, already heading for the door. "Come along, children."

Zeke took a deep breath, shook his head sharply and pulled his hoodie tighter about his person. "Alright," he said. "Let--let's go, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 am

Colt wanted to do something to comfort Zeke... Something, anything. But she couldn't think of anything that didn't seem weird. She let out a quiet sigh and followed behind Devon and Vincent.

"I'll stay here and keep and eye on things," Ronnie called after them, leaning his head back in the arm chair and closing his eyes. Vincent gave him a slight wave in response. This was fairly typical of the human.

As they walked away from their motel room Vincent put his hands into his over coat pockets and watched the steam coming from Devon's mouth for a moment. He had almost forgotten that was a thing that happened in the cold.

Colt hung back enough to walk with Zeke, but didn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 9:46 pm

"So you can't think of anyone else that might have gotten with Villie?" Devon continued as they head out into the cold night. She shoved her hands in her coat pockets, a thin shield against the chilly air. "Not that I expect you to know his goings-on, I guess, but it seems odd for these rumors to come up so quickly when we just thought he was alone before."

Zeke fell back to walk beside Colt, letting the other two discuss more important matters. It took him awhile to gather up the nerve to speak. "So how do you guys deal with all this?" he asked, staring at his feet as he walked. "I don't--I didn't want this. Never. How did you become okay with it?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Vincent shook his head lightly, "none that I can think of at this moment, but if William is gathering vampires then I can only assume he has something big planned." He looked straight ahead, thinking about his older brother. He did usually like to work alone... Other then his following. But it sounded like these people were not blindly following him and doing his dirty work. And he had no idea why they would be after him.
"I do wonder..." He said lightly, "if it would be easier to just comply with him and go to him. I do not think he will kill me. He would have by now if he really wanted to."

"Well..." Colt started, looking off at the white and nearly untouched snow. "My life wasn't good before I was bitten... So it felt like more of a gift at the time. A very painful gift. And I don't have to drink blood so I can't say anything as to how I would react if I had to..." She looked back toward Zeke. She couldn't help but think he was cute in the moonlight. Even if he was a little pale.
"But when my first full moon hit I completely lost it... And that was my first taste of the curse. Though I was locked up, I managed to get out and attack the people who had taken me in. I hurt them because Zack was locked up too. I killed a couple people, and was only stopped when a friend who just so happens to be a vampire as well, took me down." She shuddered a little as the memory flooded back to her.
"For me it wasn't like I was watching myself hurt the people I was growing to love and not being able to stop... I actually wanted it. I wanted to kill them an rip into them. It was a like a intense rage for no reason at all.... And I enjoyed it." Colt explained herself quietly, almost like she didn't want the other two to hear. But she knew it was useless. Tears pricked at her green eyes.
"And I didn't feel as ashamed as I should have the next morning. I was still angry and lashed out at everyone... Zach said I was losing to the madness of the wolf."
She paused for a moment, blinking hard.
"But... I had Zach... He taught me how to control it and let it out in bursts and use it. He taught me how to fight, tried to teach me how to shoot," she laughed lightly, "and gave me a purpose. I didn't have one even before I was turned... But he gave me one.." She sort of motioned at Devon, "and that was hunting for the ones who hurt and kill innocent humans and disturb the peace."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:20 pm

Devon gave Vincent an incredulous look. "You can't be serious," she said. "You do realize this is the same guy who fucked up Colt and kills just for funsies, right? You can't align yourself with that. Even if he didn't make you do it all, you can't."

Zeke listened in quiet awe as Colt spoke, revealing more than he had ever expected. For a moment after he was silent, digesting what he had been told, before he spoke up.

"I kind of get that," he said. "I . . . still don't really have a purpose, I guess. But since my family kicked me out and I was basically living in my car and at work, at least being around other people is sort of an improvement. But I just--I can't get over just being human one day, and then suddenly not. Why would other people want this?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:31 pm

Vincent couldn't help but smile a little at Devon, "I could be a... Oh what do you call it?" He made a questioning gesture, "a double agent?" He was half joking... But only half.

"I think that people get a sense of purpose out of the power that comes with it. I mean, take Villie as example. He wanted to be turned to be more powerful and live forever." Colt shrugged a little, she was going off what she had been told at one time. "And all he seems to do now is whatever makes him happy." She subconsciously pulled at her coat sleeves to cover her scarred wrists. Then she suddenly looked as if she got a great idea, "well you are with us now! You can become a hunter too! We can teach you stuff and I can get a hold of my other vampire friend, who is a hunter, and I am sure he could teach you as well." She smiled widely at him, her eyes sparkling with excitement.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Devon quirked a half-smile, but it was gone quickly. "Seriously, that's not--I don't even think that would work, but either way, I don't think that's something to be considering. The fact that he hasn't killed you yet doesn't make him an okay person to be around. There's a reason the HA has been trying to track him for years."

"Oh, I--I don't know about that," Zeke responded, startled by Colt's enthusiasm. "I'm not really a fighter. And I don't know anything about fighting. I'm not sure I could pull it off even with help."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:47 pm

"Then what is your plan dear?" Vincent asked, still smiling. "I am not much of a fighter, but I am at your service." He tipped ever so slightly in a polite bow toward her, still walking.

"I wasn't either, I was only 13 when I was turned and started training," Colt laughed lightly, "and I can shoot a gun for the life of me. You just have to find your strength. And as a vampire you will develop powers, usually they are in tune to your personality. Like Villie can practically mind control people and Vincent can heal. Among other things since they are both so old."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:56 pm

Devon huffed out a laugh and looked away, her gaze on the landscape. "I do not know," she admitted. "Right now, the plan is just keeping you and Ronnie safe and trying to get a better idea of what Villie's doing." She kicked at a bit of snow as though it were the cause of her frustrations.

"Really?" Zeke asked. He looked down at his hands like power would manifest right then and there. "I . . . guess that's kind of cool. But I don't know if it's worth the rest of it."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 pm

"Well with all of our senses that should be fairly easy," the vampire concluded fore looking over his shoulder back at Colt and Zeke.
"I will have you know that I am respectively only 25," he said this with an indignant tone but he still smiled. "And Colt has a good idea, you should at least learn to defend yourself because if you are with this group your life will be in danger quite often, and if you are on your own you will have hunters after you."

Colt flushed lightly, she had almost forgot the other two were there.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 pm

"Don't lie, you're an old man," Devon teased, before she paused, an expression of concern on her face. She lifted her face up, nose to the air, concentrating. It was dampened by the cold, but she could just catch it: the acrid, burnt-metal smell of a demon nearby.

"Well, I don't even know if I'm staying . . ." Zeke said, trailing off as he noticed Devon stop.

"Well, here's a look at what we do," Devon said, reaching for her guns. "At least one or two somewhere in town. We'll need to check it out."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:29 pm

Vincent paused, looking in the direction that he felt the threat. He had known it was there, but it didn't seem to be getting closer so he hadn't worried about it. He wasn't a hunter after all.

Colt hadn't noticed it yet. Even when Devon said there was a demon she still hadn't. She had stopped just a moment before Zeke did, when he said he wasn't sure if he would be staying. She stared at the back of his head, a twist in her stomach that was all too familiar. She should have been used to it by now. Everyone left. Devon was the only one that didn't leave or shoo her off. She pulled her gaze away, her brow furrowing before quickly running toward the rancid smell of demon, shifting into her wolf form after just a few strides.
She was large, almost the size of a small horse, with a brown coat with black points. And she could move faster over the snow this way.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:39 pm

"Stick close and try to keep out of trouble," Devon warned, already sprinting after Colt. She kept herself on two legs for now, waiting to see what lay head before she shifted. The burnt scent intensified as they moved deeper into the little town, then seemed to split into two directions. There was more than one demon around.

Zeke stared, open-mouthed, as Colt bolted away on all fours. He knew that she was a werewolf, and had even seen her form once or twice before, but he had never seen her transform before. It was such a rapid process--if he'd blinked, he probably would have misssed it.

"I--I guess we should go after them?" he said after a moment.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 11:52 pm

"My instincts tell me not to...But you heard the lady!" Vincent said before running after Devon. He knew Colt was a better fighter in her wolf form and so thought little of it. It was fairly easy for him to keep up with them as well.

Colt slowed to a stop in a dimly lit intersection, sniffing around the area. She was a little confused at the two smells for a moment and half waiting for her friends to catch up. Just as they caught up there was a short gargled scream to the right and she quickly ran that direction. Down a couple more roads she slid to a stop in front of a womans body on the ground, covered in deep cuts. She sniffed it over and wrinkled her nose into a snarl. Her wolf eyes picked up on a shine in the darkness and she backed a few steps away before a knife like leg swung out of the shadow at her. Her claws clicked on the pavement as she kept stepping away as the spider like creature stepped into the street light.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:42 am

Zeke groans and runs after everyone else, stumbling through the snow as he goes--no wolf body or (decent) vampire reflexes for him, just plain old struggling to catch up.

Devon was close behind Colt, weapons at the ready. As they came up on the lacerated body, she skid to a halt, gun trained on the oncoming beast. But as she focused on one target, a flicker of movement in the corner of her eye distracted her. She turned to face it, but it was already gone, hidden somewhere in the darkness. She fired two shots off at the spider-like beast instead, keeping her senses trained to find the other source of the movement.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:55 am

Devon's bullets ricocheted off the metallic body of the demon, making small sparks in the cold night air.
Colt glanced around, seeing something move as well but unable to take her attention off the scrael for too long. And it was a good thing she didn't because it suddenly screeched and scuttled toward her. It was very quick, almost hard to see, she barely managed to dodge it in time.

Vincent stopped about 50 feet away from the two and the demon, not wanting to get to close.
"A scrael?" He mused in confusion, "those beasts do not usually travel alone.."

The spider like demon was hot on Colt's trail, his legs clanging against the ground.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm

"Son of a bitch," Devon sighed as the bullets bounced away. They would be of no use in this particular fight. She holstered her guns, rolled her shoulders, and quickly shifted. As soon as she was on her paws, she sprinted after the scrael, leaping at the creature's back.

Zeke opened his mouth to reply, but before he could, a shadowy shape manifested in front of him. He yelped and stumbled back. The creature was taller than both of them and seemed to be made of darkness, the edges of its form frayed and shifting, like light through leaves on a tree. It had no discernible facial features, but a wide, teasing grin spread across its face as it looked down at Vincent and Zeke.

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I said the same thing twice because I'm a hack)
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Vincent could have gotten away from the demon fairly easily but he wasn't about to leave Zeke there to be killed. He protectively stepped in front of him slightly, staring at the demon as if he wasn't scared at all.

The scrael screeched as Devons weight came down on its back, pinning it to the pavement. It flailed wildly to try and get away, trying to reach it's legs back to cut her. Once it was pinned Colt turned back from running to face it and try to find a weak spot she could bite into.
"It's all metal!" she shouted over it's clanking without her lips moving. If she grabbed one of it's legs she worried about another leg cutting her. Just as she was about to grab one she looked over Devons back to see another demon in front of their vampire friends.
"Oh, no.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 3:25 pm

Eyes wide, Zeke backpedaled away from the shadow. The shadow laughed, a dark, gravelly sound, and ducked around Vincent to pursue his prey. It struck at Zeke with ethereal claws, just barely missing as Zeke hurriedly dodged.

Devon lifted her head just long enough see the shadow a few feet away, but her attention was quickly dragged back as a knife-like leg cleaved the air by her nose. There was no way to break away without risking Colt being injured instead.

"Vincent!" she shouted across the way. "You need to distract that thing and let Zeke get away! Shadows like to chase, and if you both run, it's going to catch you both!"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 7:06 pm

Vincent nodded to Devon before running back toward the shadow and getting in between it and the young vampire. His violet eyes shined in the darkness and he reached out a hand toward the demon. In a second the shadows vital energy started to drain out of it.

Colt suddenly grabbed one of the scraels legs and ripped at it as hard as she could, shaking her head back and forth. Her teeth scraping against the metal felt horrible but after a moment the leg gave way and she tossed it to the side, blue stick blood seeping out of the hole it left.
She grabbed the next leg, "I got it, go help them!"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 pm

The demon screeched as it felt its lifeforce seeping away, its amorphous body slouching with sudden exhaustion. Enraged, it struck out at Vincent, once and then again, Zeke long forgotten. Zeke scrambled away, ducking into a nearby alleyway to hide.

Devon nodded her agreement to Colt and bounded away, sprinting for the shadow attacking the others. She lunged, planting her paws on its back and knocking it forward. Before she could deliver a killing blow, though, the shadow dissipated underneath her, dissolving into slivers of shadow that writhed away from her. The shadow reformed a few feet away, its wide mouth turned down in a vicious scowl.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 11:53 pm

Vincent saw the attack coming and skillfully jumped back away from the creature. His violet eyes were now a dark and deep purple. He had sucked a lot of energy away from the demon but in doing so he had to store it in himself. He felt slightly sick to his stomach and very hungry. But he kept his composing, dodging again when Devon jumped onto it. He looked where it reappeared and felt himself scowl a little as well.

Colt quickly grabbed the metallic spider by another leg and shook it vigorously. She whined slightly as a couple lets cut into her neck and face. Not deep, but it stung. She gave it another hard shake but released it, sending it hurling into a near by wall. The scrael was stunned for a moment, laying on it's back. And in that moment she saw it's weak spot. She quickly jumped on it, pinning down as many legs as she could with her front paws before ripping into it's soft abdomen.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 am

Devon snarled and leaped at the shadow again, pinning it just as she did before. However, before it could reform this time, she sunk her teeth deep into its neck and twisted. The creature screamed, and oily black blood leaked onto the asphalt, shining eerily in the streetlights. Devon tore into its throat, then, when the shadow fell limp under her, backed away. It still twitched with effort, desperate to reach anything at all. She shifted again and stood over the shadow on two feet, gun in hand. A single shot to the forehead, and the demon fell limp.

Off to the side, Zeke could be heard faintly, gagging.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 am

Vincent pointedly looked away from the demon, not so much in disgust. His expression was more one of empathy. He rested a hand over his eyes, trying to remove the image from his mind.

It took Colt a minute longer to finish off the scrael. But even after it was dead she kept ripping at it until her paws and face were splashed with it's blue blood and it was in pieces around her. She stood over her work panting for a moment, her eyes distant.

"I have not had to do that in a long time, I had forgotten how foul demon aura was..." Vincent mumbled after a moment, hand still loosely over his closed eyes.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:25 am

Devon looked over to notice how uncomfortable Vincent seemed. "Sorry," she said. "Didn't mean for that to get quite that gruesome." Then she made a face and turned her head, spitting a mouthful of saliva tinged with oily blood. "Blech. I'm with you on how foul it is, though. Colt, you okay?"

After a minute or so, Zeke slowly made his way back to the group. His face was paler than usual, and the sour smell about him definitely indicated he had been sick while hiding. Devon wrinkled her nose, but let it pass--hunting wasn't always an easy thing to watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demonic Happenings
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: