Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Orlain     - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:21 am

Jack quickly moved over to Zakuro and took her hand, "Zak, get off the horse..." He said gently. "There's nothing we can do..."

Over off to the side Rane was pulling the ice chunks out of Damien's arm. She gasped in pain each time, crying into her other hand. Once all of the projectiles were out Rane quickly wrapped her arm up to keep it from bleeding. Before she could try to heal her, Damien pulled away and shakily stood up, leaving the barn and not saying a word to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am

Zakuro looked back at Jack, her eyes full of tears. She slid down from the mare and stumbled, falling to Jack as much as embracing him. Helpless and scared, she cried into his shoulder, clinging tightly to him.

Taiju cast an uncertain glance at Rane. He didn't know what to do, either. His heart felt heavy in his chest; it was hard to believe that one of them had simply walked out like that.

"Damien . . ." Kerian said softly. "There's nothing you can do, either. Please stay here."

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stop reusing words Jordan)
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:32 am

Jack let Zakuro fall into his arms and he quickly held her tightly, closing his eyes. As pissed off as she was he felt the same sorrow as everyone else. He felt so bad for Zakuro, and he couldn't believe Joey could ever do something like that. This wasn't just a mood swing. He took a long breath and rubbed her back lightly with one hand in a comforting motion. Part of his said to do whatever they could to get Joey back. And then the other part said they were better off without him.

Damien ignored Kerian completely and headed toward the inn, she wasn't going after Joey. As far as she was concerned, she never wanted to see him again..

Rane watched Damien leave and sighed, "I think her wounds will be fine, they weren't too deep so they didn't hit the bone..." she said, having nothing else to say.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:40 am

Zakuro didn't calm for several minutes, after which she simply stood where she was.

"There has to be something wrong," she mumbled into Jack's shirt. "There has to be. He would never do that if there wasn't . . ."

Taiju nodded to show he had heard Rane. "So what do we do?" he asked, looking to Kerian. "Do we go after him? We could probably catch up to him . . ."

Kerian watched the flames on the road die down. "I don't think we can," she said quietly. "I am not sure what happened, but if he is willing to attack us now, I don't think we can bring him back. He is powerful, even if he doubts himself, and he's shown he's willing to use that power now." She glanced sadly to the inn, where Damien had gone. "Chasing him would be a lost cause."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 am

"I know.." Jack said gently to Zak. "If something is wrong, then I'm sure he will come back..." He tried to reassure her. Though he doubted himself.

"Seems there is nothing we can do, now..." Rane agreed, "we will just have to go on with out him and hope he returns..." She looked sadly back at Jack and Zakuro and inched close to Taiju. She couldn't help but wonder exactly what was going through that boys head...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:53 am

Zakuro didn't say anything else. She wanted so badly to run after Joey, but what if he attacked her like he had Damien? No doubt the others would stop her again if she tried, and she had no idea where he had gone.

"I hope he didn't mean it," she said quietly. "When he mentioned Rowan . . ."

"For everyone's sake, I hope he does," Taiju agreed solemnly, wrapping an arm around Rane's shoulders and drawing her closer. He thought quietly of the time a demon had possessed his body--could something similar have happened with Joey? He remembered his own behavior, that which led to even trying to kill Rane without knowing he was, and wondered just how much of it was really Joey's own doing.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:00 am

"So do I..." Jack agreed gently. "I hope he just kinda wanders around until he comes back to his senses." He pulled away from Zakuro and kissed her on the forehead, "let's go lay down..."

Rane was thinking the same thing as Taiju, it had happened twice now. Taiju was possessed and Jack had another personality. It's wouldn't surprise her if Joey had something like that going on. Except the bizarre mood and wanting to leave, he didn't really show any signs of something like that happening. When Taiju was possessed you could see it in his eyes, he was being killed from the inside. And when Jayce takes over Jack you can see it in his mannerisms and his expression.
Even with that, she was going to bring it up to Kerian later.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 am

Zakuro nodded tiredly and moved to go back to the inn, her movements slow and lifeless. She wiped her eyes on the back of her hand, though it did little to stem the flow of tears. Her best friend of almost thirteen years disappeared only took a few seconds to completely disappear; she couldn't accept that he had thrown it away like that. There had to be something.

"I guess there is nothing else to be done," Kerian reluctantly said. "For now, all we can do is rest. As much as it pains me to say it, we'll have to carry on without him. I do not know how this will affect our mission . . . I can only hope he chooses to return."

Taiju sighed and started back to the inn with Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 am

Jack lead Zakuro into the inn and toward her bedroom. They passed Damien's on the way and he could faintly hear her crying through the door. This was hard on everyone. It made his heart turn, thinking about how much it actually hurt to lose Joey. But he did his best to stay strong for the girls. Jack laid Zakuro down on her bed, laying next to her at the same time. He wrapped her back in his arms and pulled her close for comfort.

Rane nodded and headed inside as well, biting her lip slightly. She felt bad that they were giving up on Joey so fast. She felt like there was something wrong, but then again. Maybe there wasn't...

About 3 weeks passed by with no sign of Joey. Things returned to as normally as they possibly could. They had to move towns for safety but moved as little as possible, so if Joey did return they would be easier to find. Jack tired his best to go between Zakuro and Damien and cheer them up. It was nearly impossible, but after a large amount of prodding Damien came out of her room. She didn't say much, she felt like she had little to say. When she was alone she was sad, but when around her friends, it was just anger. But no one could get her to talk about it. She wasn't mad at her friends, but she would snap at anyone if they brought Joey up.

One day Damien asked Jack to help her with something and they were gone for a couple hours, both very tired when they returned. When someone asked about it Jack just shrugged and said they were letting out frustrations. They took into a habit of doing this a couple times a week.

On this day Jack was sitting with Zakuro, talking in the tavern around noon. The night before Jack hadn't slept much from night terrors and so his mind was a little more jumbled then usual. He rested his head in his hands for a moment, wishing for his thoughts to slow down.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 am

As the weeks passed with no sign of Joey's return, it was hard to maintain any hope that he would come to his senses and return. Zakuro remained hopeful the longest, convinced that they should look for him and that he would eventually find his way back, but when the third week drew to a close and there was still nothing, even she was forced to give up. She fell into a melancholic state, much like she had when Jack had disappeared, not knowing what she could do. Nobody would let her leave to search for Joey and nobody would accompany her to do so.

Kerian and Taiju, though less affected by the loss personally, both wished there was something else they could have done. They talked about leaving to find the boy in spite of the risk, but decided against it. He was probably long gone by that point and they had no idea where he went. The most they could do was continue their training and regular activities and hope that the situation would improve.

Zakuro talked halfheartedly with Jack that afternoon, not in the mood for conversation. She still answered when spoken to and could maintain a conversation, but her mood failed to lift much after Joey's leave. She tried, for everyone else's sake, but there was only so much she could do.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:29 am

Jack sighed deeply. "My head wont stop spinning..." He groaned.
Damien came down from her room at this time and walked over to Jack and Zakuro, plopping herself down into the chair next to them. She didn't say anything at first, just sighing as well.

"Feeling alright?" Jack asked, knowing Damien wouldn't start a conversation. It took her a minute to respond. "I think we should go out today..." She mumbled tiredly. She was referring to when her and Jack would leave for hours at a time. What they did was still unknown to the others.
"I was thinking the same thing.." Jack nodded.

((Sorry it sucks so hard))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:45 am

((XD It's alright. It's really not that bad. Not as bad as what I'm about to write.))

"What do you guys even do when you leave?" Zakuro asked, looking between Jack and Damien. "It's really weird and I wish you would just tell me so that I don't have to think something else is wrong." It was hard enough dealing with everything else in the wake of Joey's absence; the idea that her friends could be keeping more secrets from her even then was even more disheartening.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:22 am

Damien looked between Jack and Zakuro a few times before promptly looking down at her hands. She didn't want to talk about it, but she wasn't about to stop Jack from telling her.
Jack watched Damien, to see what she would say and when she said nothing he looked back to Zak. "Well... Damien has been working on her powers more." He said slowly, trying to explain it without sounding weird.
"And I have too.. We practice with each other since it would be hard to hurt each other by accident, and it lets out frustrations and such... Make's us both feel a lot better. Probably sounds silly thought.." He rubbed the back of his neck, feeling a bit foolish once he said it out loud.
"We hadn't really told anyone cause Damien didn't want to talk about her powers and I don't want Kerian or Taiju to try and make me train my powers with them, cause there is a good chance I will hurt them..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:25 am

"Oh." Zakuro visibly relaxed. "Why didn't you just say so? It's not like I would have thought it was that weird. It's not like I never practiced my powers with . . ." She glanced up at Damien, then cleared her throat. "Well, anyway, have fun, I guess. I'll stay here as usual."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:37 am

"Sorry, Damien asked me not to say anything before..." Jack shrugged lightly.

"You can come if you like..." Damien interrupted Jack before he could say more. "You already know so there is no point in you sitting here alone.." She spoke sadly to her friends but there was a scowl on her face. But she didn't mean anything to them, it was hard not to be angry when your heart was broken by the one guy you thought would never hurt you... The one guy you put all your faith into. The guy you used as an excuse to not run off with a ex that made you feel good. The one guy who you thought things were going to be different with. Yeah, it was really hard to not be mad.

"I wouldn't mind either," Jack agreed, "you could see how far we have come along."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:42 am

Zakuro looked like she would say no, but after a moment of thought, she gave a shrug of her shoulders and stood.

"Might as well," she said tiredly. "Better than moping around here for the rest of the day, I guess." She looked at Damien again and frowned. She couldn't understand Damien's anger--then again, she had never accepted that Joey had gone on his own. Maybe Damien had. Zakuro didn't feel she should ask.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:15 am

Jack smiled lightly at Zak, glad to see her making an effort. "Some fresh air will do you good," he agreed, nodding once as he stood as well.
Damien fell quiet for the time, thinking quietly to herself. It was sad to think about that she had such little faith is Joey to be convinced that something was wrong. Those were all points that Joey would make if he was feeling down. It wasn't like he was talking juibberish. It seemed like something that would run through his mind... OH HELL. What did she care? He was gone and he was never going to come back. He abandoned them with out even bating and eye. He never really cared about them or her... All that bastard cared about was himself.
As she thought about this tears came to her eyes but she quickly wiped them away as she walked out of the inn with the other two. She tried to push the thought out of her mind, but he was all she could think about. It made her heart physically hurt and beat erratically.

Jack lead the two girls out of the inn and toward the edge of the town where they trained with Kerian. But they walked past that, through some brush and into a hidden field. Out in the middle of the grass was a pile of mismatch and random chunks of metal. The ground was cut into in areas, some very deep. Grass was flattened in other. It looked almost as if there had been a battle in the field.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:19 am

Zakuro looked around the area quietly, her brow furrowing slightly at how torn up the field was. "What have you guys done to this place?" she wondered aloud. Not expecting an actual answer, she wandered off to sit on top of a somewhat flat rock, away from where most of the damage was.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 am

Jack took off his coat, dropping it next to Zakuro, along with his sword belt. The heavy swords clanked as they hit the ground. He walked out of the middle of the field with Damien, facing each other but standing about 50 feet away from each other.

"Ready?" Jack asked, stretching his arms over his head. Damien nodded, and didn't move much.
Planting his feet into the ground to steady himself Jack lifted his hands and lifted the pile of metal into the air. It hovered around him, moving in a slow circle at first. He took a deep breath and flung his hand forward, sending a chunk of metal toward Damien.
As soon as he moved to throw it, not wanting to wait any longer then she had to, Damien lifted her hands and made a energy field in a dome shape around her. The metal bounced off it and landed on the ground, skidding and cutting into it, showing that it was very heavy.
Jack quickly threw several more pieces at his friend, having to multitask with getting the other pieces unstuck from the ground and back into his collection. This took some concentration for Jack. He also seemed to be talking to himself as he moved, trying to get Jayce to shut up.
Damien held up her barrier for several minutes until she suddenly broke it off and formed smaller balls of energy in the palm of her hands. Before Jack could throw another piece she tossed them at him with ease. Jack swore loudly when he saw them coming, she had caught him off guard. He pulled his arms into his chest in a 'X' shape and the metal condensed in front of him. The energy balls hit the metal and exploded, pushing Jack backwards, his feet digging into the soil.
This sort of pattern kept going for about a half hour. They attacked each other repeatedly in several different ways. The fight seemed to escalate after a few minutes and it was pretty obvious that Damien was taking all her anger out of him. And it was hard on Jack. It took him a lot more energy to block her attacks then it did her. He was panting before her, but by the time 30 minutes came around they were both panting and growing tired.
Jack tiredly dropped his hands, all the metal he was holding up falling to the ground forcefully.
"I think we should stop..." He said tiredly, his shoulders slouched.
Damien shook her head, "then let Jayce take over... I can keep going." She was tired as well, but refused to stop for some unknown reason.
"No, Damien. Jayce has a lot more control over my powers then I do. And you know he wont hold back..." Jack argued firmly.

Last edited by colt on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause there is a LY in tiredly Jazmyne......)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:04 am

Zakuro watched the fight with some fascination. She had never thought her friends had gotten so strong. Just how much had she been missing? She didn't know whether they had gotten this far over some months or simply over the last three weeks, when she had been too despondent to notice much else. Even during the fight, she had found her thoughts drifting to her own practices with Joey. They were never so violent, of course, but she couldn't help but think of them.

When Damien began insisting that she fight with Jayce, Zakuro shook her head. "Don't," she said as firmly as she could manage. "That's a stupid idea. You know he'll hurt you."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 am

Damien shook her head, "I can block him..." She created another energy ball in her hand.
"Damien stop!" Jack shouted, "I'm too tired, I can't block anymore.."
"Jayce will block it cause he's not going to let your body get that hurt.." Damien insisted, getting ready to throw it at him.

Jack opened his mouth to protest once more but Jayce swiftly took control before he could. In a flash metal flew at Damien, she barely got her barrier up before they impaled her. She gasped, not expecting him to attack that fast and fearing for her life suddenly. In the few seconds after the metal hit her barrier Jayce had run up to her, pulling his sword from the belt that lay near Zakuro and into his hand. He grabbed Damien swiftly with one hand, grabbing her hair and forcing her to lean back, his blade pressed up against her throat.

"You should really be sure of what you are saying before you say it, girl...." Jayce growled threateningly.
Damien could think past the sudden wave of fear.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:25 am

Zakuro couldn't help a startled cry as Jayce ran past her and at Damien. She got to her feet and froze, not knowing what to do. Even if she had a weapon more useful than a knife, she wouldn't be able to attack Jayce.

"Don't hurt her!" she yelled desperately, afraid to move too close and risk drawing Jayce's attention to her instead.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:41 am

"I could slit your throat right now, I hope you know that...." Jayce growled to Damien, not even looking at Zakuro. "But I will not kill you, simply because I like to watch you suffer..." He pulled his blade back and shoved Damien roughly to the ground.
She gasped as she hit the ground on her shoulder before slowly pushing herself up.

Jayce walked toward Zakuro but his eyes were focused on the ground. He ignored her and picked up the sword belt that Jack had tossed aside earlier. He fastened it around his waist and turned to look at the black haired girl, as if expecting her to say something.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:44 am

Zakuro found she had nothing she could say. It was hard enough not to simply tremble when Jayce came anywhere near her. She wondered what Jayce meant by suffering--he had left Damien alone, so what else was there?

It didn't matter. She gave a mental shake of the head and went to see if Damien was alright.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:51 am

"That's not the first time you have wanted me to kill you..." Jayce thought aloud, walking back toward Damien.
"If you wish to die so badly, why not just do it yourself instead if trying to get Jack and I into trouble..."

Damien didn't stand up. She sat on the ground, staring downward, tears rolling off her cheeks.

"A few nights ago she tried to pick a fight with me, I'm guessing she thought I would lose my temper and kill her quickly. She seemed disappointed when I didn't..." He looked to Zakuro when he said this, seeming irritated but also telling Zakuro to keep Damien safe. Almost as if he cared for them in some tiny, misshapen way. But even if he did, he would never show it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:59 am

Zakuro listened quietly, digesting the information. She hadn't even considered the idea that Damien was trying to get herself hurt or killed. She looked to the other girl, wanting to hear Damien deny it, but there was nothing. She inexplicably felt her throat tighten with the all-too-familiar threat of tears, but she swallowed past it and offered her hand to Damien.

"Come on," she said lowly. "We should go back. We've been gone for awhile, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:05 am

"Yeah... Jack passed out, so you are going to have to 'deal' with me for a little while..." Jayce said, putting actual air quotes around the word deal.

"I just want to be alone..." Damien mumbled tiredly.

"UH-HUH. Are you saying that cause you actually want to be alone or because Malak is out here?" Jayce asked, placing his hands on his hips and raising an eyebrow. He stood about 2 feet away from Damien and a couple more from Zakuro. He was actually trying not to upset Zakuro by being too close to her. After the whole thing Jack pulled with impaling himself, he wasn't going to take chances right now.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:08 am

"Malak's out here?" Zakuro repeated, eyes going wide. She cast a fearful glance around them, afraid she would see the man approaching them as they spoke. She looked back at Damien, feeling more frantic. "Damien, please. I can't leave you alone out here if you're trying to hurt yourself and Malak's anywhere close. We have to go back and tell Kerian if he is."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 am

Damien sighed deeply and took Zakuro's hand to stand up. She dusted herself off and glanced around.

"Since I haven't been in control this whole time, I'm not sure how long he has been around. But I will be surprised if he lets us get back to the inn..." Jayce glanced around as well, but didn't seem worried at all. He started toward the inn, glancing back once to make sure the girls were fallowing.

As they passed through their training field Malak suddenly dropped in front of them, blocking their path. He was back in his gryphon form and seemed more irritated then usual.
"I was wondering when you would peak your ugly head out.." Jayce announced to Malak, smirking.

"Shut up Jayce, I'm not here for you..." Malak growled, sitting down in the spot her stood.
Jayce made a fake offended face and crossed his arms loosely over his chest.

"I'm just here to deliver some news to the group... Something I stumbled upon a few days ago." Malak spoke but his gryphon beak didn't move. His voice seemed to be coming from nowhere on the body.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:23 am

Zakuro cried out in shock when Malak descended in front of them so suddenly. Instinctively she tried to reach for her bow, which wasn't there, and cursed her lack of forethought. But when Malak said he had only news to deliver, even she found herself intrigued. What he had to say couldn't possibly be good.

"What news?" she dared to ask slowly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:33 am

"New's about Joey's whereabouts," Malak said bluntly, "and what he has been up to."

Damien instantly looked up, almost hopeful. Jayce crossed his arms, knowing this wasn't going to be good.

"I saw him a couple days ago, to put things very bluntly, he is working with Rowan..." Malak explained, "He would happily do everything Rowan said, like a little puppy dog. And I know the first thing that will come to your mind is mind control. But I can say that he was not being controlled. Rowan and I aren't too different, our magic works much of the same way. If he was being controlled I would have seen it."

"You're lying!" Damien yelled at Malak, hoping that he truly was.

"No, I'm not. Him and Rowan killed my human form that I was still taking over.. So now I am stuck like this until I find another suitable body..." Malak motioned to his body with his bird claw. He seem to be explaining things very quickly as if he needed to leave faster the usual.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 am

Stunned for a moment, it took Zakuro several seconds to be able to speak. When she could, her reaction was much the same as Damien's.

"That isn't true!" she shouted at Malak, hearing the desperation creep into her voice. "He would never do anything like that! He hates Rowan as much as the rest of us and he could never kill anyone!"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:00 am

Malak took a deep and annoyed breath, "listen. As much as I love ruining your lives I am telling the truth. It seemed like he had a change of heart. He has gotten more powerful and he doesn't care about anyone else, he was much more ruthless then usual."

Damien starred at Malak with disbelief. She could tell that it was true, Malak wasn't the type to make up stories like this... And Joey did just abandon them like that...

"I asked him why he was with Rowan, and all he said was that it was where he knew he was supposed to be..." Malak added, thinking back to his encounter with the boy and the elf.

"Is that it?" Jayce asked, "cause if you don't leave I am going to tear you apart..." He growled, starring Malak down. He had some anger to take out on someone anyway.

Malak made a face, "after all I have done for you Jayce? That's the thanks I get?" He almost seemed like his feelings were actually hurt.

"FUCK YOU!" Jayce shouted suddenly, pulling his golden sword from it's sheath.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:05 am

Zakuro took a step back, unsure whether she should run or stay. She didn't want to believe Malak and she knew there had to be some explanation for what he said was happening, but she doubted he would really tell them. The longer they stayed here, the more likely it seemed they would get hurt, and she wanted to run--but leaving Jayce was the same as leaving Jack.

"We should just go," she said lowly. "I-If that's all you wanted, then fine."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:39 am

Jayce glanced back at Zakuro and returned his sword to his belt. He didn't say anything, just returning his glare to Malak.

Malak chuckled lightly at Jayce's actions, "how sweet..." Before anyone could speak again he opened his wings and took off into the air, creating large gusts of wind.

As Malak took off Damien started back for the inn, staring at the ground silently.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:44 am

Zakuro let out a heavy breath and turned to follow Damien. She was glad that the encounter had ended peacefully, even if the news Malak had brought was anything but reassuring.

"I think he's lying," she said lowly to Damien. "You know he would never do things like that on purpose. We both do. There has to be something else going on."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 3:57 am

((Whoops Damien is a bitch))

Damien suddenly stopped and turned to Zakuro. "I am not going to talk about this with you," She said loudly, "you are far to positive to see what is right in front of your nose Zak!" Her voice grew louder and louder until she was yelling, tears streaming down her cheeks.
"Joey left us! He left us... And he is never going to come back! He doesn't care about us at all! Why can't you just see that!? You can't see how fucked up life is! My boyfriend and your best friend left us like we were trash! We are in the fucked up fairy tail land and we are never going to get home! And your boyfriend is a fucking murdering psychopath who will never be the same! Life fucking sucks! Stop pretending it doesn't! " Her voice cracked as she yelled. She wasn't trying to be mean to Zakuro. She was just so confused emotionally that sooner or later she had to take it out on somebody. Damien shook all over, half from crying and half from anger.

Jayce stood back for a moment, almost feeling sad for Zakuro.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:04 am

((Whoops))

Zakuro stood a moment, shocked and unable to form a coherent response. It was a few long seconds before she could find the words to reply.

"Well, just because you gave up on him doesn't mean I have to," she said, clenching her fists at her sides. Her voice never rose. "Maybe he did completely leave us, but until I have real proof that he did, I have to believe in him. Obviously you won't. I'm sure that would make him feel great if he knew that. As for the rest of it . . ." She shook her head. "It's not going to get better if you scream at me about it."

She turned sharply on her heel and went back toward the inn, not bothering to check if she was being followed.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:12 am

Damien stood still, watching Zakuro leave. She had given up on Joey. As much as she didn't want to admit she had, she knew it. She didn't know why she couldn't remain hopeful. It hurt too much to be hopeful. She glanced at Jayce, who started to fallow Zakuro, and then turned back for the training field, walking slowly. She shouldn't have shouted at Zakuro... She hated herself so much.

Jayce fallowed after Zakuro, jogging to catch up to her, but still remaining more then a arms length away.
"I know you probably don't want me with you, but when Jack wakes up he will want to be with you..." He mumbled his simple explanation, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:19 am

Zakuro glanced back once just to see if Damien was coming; when she saw the other girl wasn't, she glared back at the ground. There was no getting through to Damien, but a sinking feeling in the pit of Zakuro's stomach made her wonder if Damien could be right.

"Fine," she mumbled to Jayce, barely acknowledging him.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:23 am

"If it helps... I'm the murdering psychopath... Not Jack..." Jayce mumbled out as they walked, not looking at Zakuro. He didn't want her to actually notice he was trying to comfort her.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:28 am

"I know what she meant," Zakuro muttered. "It doesn't matter right now. I figured at least she would believe in Joey more than everyone else, but apparently she's worse. Feels like I'm the only one who still gives a damn." She crossed her arms tightly over her chest, frustrated. "And she yells at me about everything else, too, like it's my fault she hates everything."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 am

Jayce lifted his hand and rubbed the back of his neck. "I think she just doesn't know any other way to handle all that she is feeling..." He admitted, "this is a conversation better for Jack to have with you, but he's still not responding.... But I think she maybe forgot how to be hopeful..." It was pretty obvious that this whole conversation was extremely against Jayce's nature.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:43 am

"Why do you even care?" Zakuro asked, looking up at Jayce with a mixture of suspicion and exhaustion on her face. She didn't know what to think of Jayce's turn in behavior; she had no idea if she preferred it or not. "Shouldn't you be mocking me or doing something else to make the situation worse than it is?
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:48 am

"Normally I would, yes..." Jayce nodded. He seemed hesitant to explain for a moment. But sighed deeply.
"It seems I should probably just tell you..." He began, "someone put a curse on me... Not sure how Jack doesn't have it too... But if I let myself get too worked up, aka enjoying being mean or getting angry, I hurt and I lose control of our body..." He seemed to be telling the truth, "I have a good idea who put the curse on me, but it doesn't really matter. Anyway... If I lose control when Jack isn't ready to take it back we could go into a coma... Don't ask how I know these thing..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:50 am

Zakuro frowned, looking uncertain as to whether she should believe him or not. Eventually she shook her head and looked back at the ground.

"Great," she said, kicking sharply at a rock and sending it flying. "Something else I have to worry about now. As if there wasn't enough of that."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 4:59 am

"Huh..." Jayce mused, "and here I figured you would be happy that it physically hurts me to terrorize you..." He shrugged and little, not really caring.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:01 am

"I didn't say I was worried about you," Zakuro said darkly. Upon reaching the inn, she threw the door open and went upstairs, effectively ending the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:10 am

Jayce decided to sit in the hall outside Zakuro's room. He figured it was best to leave her alone until Jack could come around. It took Jack about an hour to gain control again and then after a short briefing from Jayce, where he left out the curse, he went to comfort Zakuro. He agreed that it sounded like something was wrong with Joey. He said he would try to talk to Damien later, but Zakuro was his priority. He felt more betrayed, but he tried to keep in the mind set that something was wrong and reassured her that there was nothing wrong with positive thinking.

Damien didn't come back for a long time. When she did she promptly locked herself in her room and didn't come out or talk to anyone.

Around 6 or so Rane pulled her cloak on and went to find Taiju, with a smile on her face and River beside her. She knocked on his door lightly to check if he was in his room.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:15 am

Unwilling to fight with everyone else over their respective problems, Taiju had retreated to his room to avoid Damien and the other moodier teenagers. He was contemplating leaving the inn to spar alone when he heard the knock, and smiled almost immediately when he saw his visitor was Rane.

"Hey," he greeted warmly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 4 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: