Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Orlain     - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Rane starred at Taiju and didn't respond to him. She lifted one of her hands and looked at the blood on it, wincing lightly.
"I'm.. Losing too much b-blood..." She mumbled weakly as tears started to swell in her eyes. "Can you get me b-back to the inn?" She looked off to the side and spotted River laying on the ground and swallowed past a hard lump in her throat. "K-Kerian... And Zakuro can h-help me..." She could feel River slipping away. Much like the closer River what to her, the stronger her healing was, she could feel his being. She had never really noticed it before. Not until it was fading away. But she could tell it was too late for the wolf. And as much as that hurt her, she knew that if she didn't get at least patched up, she would die for sure. Kerian was really good with bandages, and Zakuro could heal a little. Healers usually couldn't heal other healers, but it was worth a try. Even with River gone, she didn't want to die. She wanted to stay with Taiju.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:05 pm

Taiju glanced back at River. "I can't take him with me if I do," he said quietly. "I would have to leave him here to get you back . . . Are you sure?"

A small part of him said it didn't matter. If he had to choose, it was Rane's life over River's--though with how closely related those two lives were, he wasn't sure if the decision even mattered.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Rane closed her eyes to try and hide how sad she was. "Leave him here... He's already gone..." She couldn't imagine life without River, but she was going to have to if she wanted to live at all. She knew he was gone and there was nothing they could do. She couldn't heal him now. She had to focus on staying awake. If she slipped off again she wasn't going to wake back up.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Taiju sighed softly. "Stay with me, then," he said gently, carefully moving to stand and begin the awkward process of helping Rane onto one of the horses. "I need you to work with me a little, alright? I'll get you back as soon as I can."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:25 pm

"I will try..." Rane agreed. When Taiju helped her up she clung to him the best she could. And when she was up she tried her best to stand. She couldn't help very much, and her head spun from lack of blood over and over again. She got tunnel vision and her hearing meshed everything. But she did what she could. Be began to shake from the movement, but her legs were moving so it seemed like she wasn't having spine problems like River had.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm

After some maneuvering, Taiju had them both situated on his horse. It was less than ideal--Rane should have been lying down, not sitting behind him for a three-mile jarring ride, but there was no other option. He nudged his horse into going as fast as they could without agitating Rane's injuries further. With one hand, he held onto the horse's reins; the other held Rane's tightly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Rane hung onto Taiju's waist as tightly as she could possibly manage. She clung to his shirt. Through the ride she leaned on his back and had her eyes closed tightly, trying to hold back any sounds of pain.
By the time they reached the inn she was unable to hold on any longer and started slipping off when they came to a stop.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Taiju twisted around awkwardly to catch Rane before she could actually fall, still hoping that he had gotten back to the inn in time. With some work, he slid down from the horse and helped Rane down as well; knowing that by that point she probably couldn't walk, he didn't bother asking her to and simply took her up in his arms in spite of the weakness he was feeling. It was only a few more feet. He could manage it.

"You'll be okay," he murmured, as much for his reassurance as hers.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Rane's eyes were closed from how tired she was but she let out a very soft moan to let Taiju know that she was still awake. Her body was still shaking lightly but it was beginning to slow down and staying awake had never been harder. When they came into the front of the inn, wich was the tavern, everybody paused and looked over. By now Rane was almost covered in her own blood and Taiju was coated with a mixture of his own and River and Rane's.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Zakuro was finally coming downstairs, trying to clear her head of the day's events, when she saw Taiju stagger through the inn door with Rane cradled in his arms. They were both smeared with blood; Rane appeared unconscious and Taiju was pale and appeared exhausted.

"What happened?" Zakuro asked, leaping down the last few stairs to reach her friends.

"I'll explain later," Taiju said between gritted teeth. "I need to get her upstairs. We need your help and Kerian's. Go get her."

Unwilling to argue, Zakuro nodded and bolted back up the stairs to find their mentor. Taiju struggled his way up the stairs to lay Rane down in her room.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:37 pm

Rane let out another tired and pained moan, trying to speak again. But she was too weak to form words. Jack happened to be fallowed Zakuro out and when she ran back up the stairs without saying a word he grew concerned. He came to the bottom of the stairs, just before Taiju started to climb up.
"Whoa!" He gasped when he saw the two. he quickly noticed that Taiju was having a hard time carrying Rane from his own injury. "Here. let me take her." He offered, moving to help.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Taiju looked reluctant, but eventually nodded and handed Rane off to Jack. Almost immediately, he fell back against the stair banister, grabbing again at the gashes in his chest. He hadn't realized how exhausted he was. He had, for the most part, stopped bleeding, but the damage had been done. Regardless, he pushed his way up the rest of the stairs, needing to make sure that Rane would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:20 am

"Take it easy..." Jack warned gently. He started up the stairs with Rane in his arms. Once he got into Rane's room he gently laid her down on the bed and looked back at Taiju.
'What happened? Where is River?" He asked worriedly. He had assumed Zakuro was getting Kerian since she went by so quickly.

Rane tried to open her eyes but couldn't. It was getting hard to just breath, she had to focus on it or else she would stop. This made her breathing labored and weak with short breaths.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:42 am

Taiju leaned against the wall, closing his eyes. "River was attacked by a bear," he explained wearily. "By the time I found them and killed it, River was already too badly hurt, which is why Rane is as she is." He winced as a spasm of pain shot across his wounds. "River's . . . He's gone. There was nothing we could do. I don't know what's going to happen to Rane now, but we have to help her first."

Zakuro came into the room, Kerian shortly behind her. Kerian carried a handful of medical supplies, having been briefed on the situation by Zakuro on the way. She looked at Taiju, but he waved her away. "No," he said. "She's worse than I am."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 am

Jack was too shocked to speak for a moment. he could never actually imagine River dying.
"Where were you at?" He asked, "I will go find River just to be sure..."

Rane's whole body was tingling, like when your foot falls asleep cause you are cutting off the blood to it. Her whole body felt like that very faintly. She was no longer shaking, she was no longer able to. Her mouth moved slightly as she tried to speak again, but her head fell to the side and she blacked out.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:58 am

Taiiju swallowed thickly and ignored Jack's question. Instead, he looked to Zakuro. "You need to try to heal her," he said. "I know it's not your skill, but she needs anything we can do."

Zakuro looked startled. "I can't," she said, as Kerian quickly busied herself tending to Rane. "I could barely heal a paper cut and I haven't even tried in months. Besides, healers aren't supposed to heal each other."

"I know. She said that." Taiju's expression turned almost to one of pleading. "Please, just . . . just try. I can't let anything else happen."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am

Jack sighed deeply and looked back over at Rane. There was so much blood. He was almost glad Damien was hiding in her room. The blood might have reminded her of things she didn't want to remember.
"You can do it..." Jack reassured Zakuro. Though he knew her healing abilities were minimal, he knew she could at least help a little.
They didn't know that trying to heal another healer was like swimming up a waterfall and would take it's own toll on the person trying to heal.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:13 am

Zakuro was quiet, watching Rane for a short time.

"Alright," she eventually agreed. She went and sat on the edge of the bed, placing her hands one on top of the other over Rane's stomach. She closed her eyes and tried to focus, reaching into her mind just for the memories of the lessons Rane had taught her over the months.

Kerian stepped away quietly. Seeing that there was nothing she could do until Zakuro had finished, she instead went to help Taiju. He sank heavily into a chair and was quiet, pulling off what remained of his tattered shirt and barely reacting as Kerian cleaned and dressed his gashes.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:16 am

"Are you sure you don't want me to go find River?" Jack asked quietly, still worried that there could be that ever so tiny chance he was alive. He watched Zakuro as he spoke, "is there any chance that he is alive?"

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:23 am

"There's a pond about three miles out from the city," Taiju said quietly. "We left him there with her horse. I don't think there's much of a chance he's still alive. I didn't want to leave him, but to get help for Rane . . . And she said he was gone."

Zakuro quickly found the healing much more difficult than she had anticipated. It was like a force was actively working against her, preventing her from using any healing energy on Rane. A thin sweat broke out on her brow as she focused, but there was very little change in Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:52 am

"I'll at least go get him and her horse..." Jack nodded. Before leaving he touched Zakuro's shoulder softly. He jogged out of the room quickly, trying to go as fast as he could so he could be back if they needed help.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 1:57 am

After about ten minutes, Zakuro was forced to stop. She had successfully healed Rane a tiny amount, but it was barely enough to superficially close the open wounds; if she tried any more, she was liable to pass out herself. She pulled away from Rane and sighed deeply, wishing there was more she could do.

Taiju pushed his chair closer to the bed and sat, waiting. Rane had to survive. He didn't know what he would do if she didn't.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:07 am

About 10 minutes after Zakuro had to stop Jack came back. He had bits of dried blood on him from River, but he was fine. He had a sad look on his face and didn't say anything when he came back. River was dead, and he figured he didn't have to announce it to everyone for them to figure that out. If he was alive he would have brought him in with him.

He went over to Zakuro and pulled her into a hug. "How is she doing?" He asked quietly.

Rane was breathing normally again and she wasn't nearly as pale anymore. It seemed like she was going to live, but no one could place bets on it. It was hopeful though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:15 am

"Not much better," Zakuro mumbled, leaning into Jack. "I couldn't do much at all. Even if it were easier for me to heal another healer, I couldn't have done much more than what I did. I wish I could . . ."

"The most we can do is wait now," Kerian said gently. "You've done what you can and that is more than anyone could have expected."

Taiju didn't speak for a long moment. He watched Rane for a minute, unsure whether he dared to let himself get hopeful about her condition.

"What did you do with River?" he eventually asked.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 am

Jack looked over at Taiju, stilling holding Zakuro against his chest. "I left him in the straw in the barn.... I wasn't sure if I should burry him or not..." He said carefully. He could only imagine what Rane would be like when she woke up and found out her brother was, for sure, dead. But that would probably be a while anyway.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:26 am

"Alright," Taiju said quietly. "I suppose that's fine for now." He ran his hand across the bandages on his chest. "If Rane doesn't wake up by tomorrow evening and tell me otherwise, I'll need your help burying him. Maybe go back out to that pond . . ."

"For now," Kerian interrupted lightly, "I think you should focus on other things." She pat Taiju on the back of the shoulder. "Go get cleaned up. Her condition isn't going to change in the twenty minutes it takes for you to bathe and you're still covered in blood."

Taiju looked tiredly down at his hands. Blood still streaked his arms and abdomen. He wasn't sure whose it was.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:52 am

"Alright.." Jack agreed quietly. "I'll stay with Rane while you clean up. The least I can do for how many times she saved me ass..." He offered, trying his best to not sound too depressed. He didn't have a happy tone, but he couldn't bring the mood down anymore...

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:59 am

Taiju looked like he would argue, but he ended up shutting his mouth without saying a word. He carefully stood, leaning on the chair for balance until he was steady, and left the room to fetch some cleaner clothes. He would return as soon as he could, unwilling to leave Rane alone longer than he had to. His presence might not do anything to help, but after the times she had watched over him and waited for him to get better, the least he could do was the same.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:12 am

A long week passed by very slowly for everyone. From time to time Rane would open her eyes, as if she was trying to wake up but would always end up passing out again. At the end of the week her wounds were healing as nicely as anyone could have hoped. It was going to be a long time before she was back to herself, but she didn't show any signs of internal injuries or broken bones.

It was a sunny quiet day when Rane's hand twitched a little. Slowly, she managed to pull herself from her slumber and open her pale eyes. The room was bright and so she winced lightly. The first thing she noticed was the slight pain from her wounds, and the nest thing was her dry mouth. She cleared her throat lightly, still starring up at the ceiling. she hadn't looked around so she hadn't noticed where she was or who was with her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:18 am

Taiju kept to his own word and kept a constant eye on Rane as she slowly recovered. When it was apparent that she would survive, he was able to relax just a bit, but he could never be content until she was actually awake. He spent most of his time during the day with her, leaving only so he could sleep in a proper bed or if Kerian desperately needed something. It seemed a little silly to maintain this constant vigilance, but he didn't stop.

He was just returning from eating a quick meal when Rane began to wake. He didn't notice at first as he closed the door behind him, but he noticed her shifting as he approached the bed and immediately smiled.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:25 am

Rane blinked rapidly as w blurry figure walked up to her bed. After a second she could tell that it was Taiju and smiled tiredly.
"Hey..." she whispered, unable to make her voice to much more then that right off the bat. Her smile quickly fell though when she started to remember what had happened. She lifted her head slowly to glance around the room for River, and when she couldn't see well enough she started to push herself to sit up. She whimpered lightly, the sudden movement causing her pain.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 am

"Careful," Taiju said, stepping forward quickly to support Rane as she tried to sit up. "It hasn't been all that long. You haven't healed yet." He tried to suppress the somewhat stupid smile he had, but it was hard. After some days of worrying about whether she would even live, it was difficult to not be happy. "How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:40 am

Rane held onto Taiju and sat up enough to look around the room. When she didn't see the wolf anywhere her eyes started fill with tears instantly. She cleared her throat again and looked up at Taiju, ignoring everything he said.
"Where's River...?" She asked in a pleading voice. She hoped so badly that he would say he was waiting outside or just down the hall or something. But she knew he wasn't going to.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 am

Taiju's smile fell instantly. He knew this question was coming, but he still couldn't find a gentle way to answer.

"He's gone, Rane," he said softly. "I'm sorry. Jack and I buried him a little under a week ago . . . There was nothing anyone could have done."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:48 am

Rane was speechless for a moment as she looked down. Hot tears slid down her cheeks and she let herself fall back into a laying position. She turned so her back was facing Taiju and pulled her knee up toward her chest, straining herself slightly. She put her hand over her mouth to try and keep herself from crying. She felt like a little kid again when River had died as a human. Now it was far too late for her to help him at all. Her whole body began to shake. She was holding back her sobs so hard that she couldn't help but whimper.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:55 am

Taiju sighed deeply and reached out a hand to gently pull Rane's hair from her face, the only comforting gesture he could think to give.

"I'm sorry," he repeated quietly. He frowned slightly, then added, "You don't have to hold it back."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:10 am

Rane thought quietly for a moment before grabbing Taiju's hand and pulling on him, trying to get him to lay down with her. Once she got him down onto the bed and turned over and cuddled into his chest, hiding her face from the world as best she could. Once they were still and she was certain he wasn't going to leave, she moved her hand and let herself cry, sobbing heavily into his shirt, her shoulders shaking with each sob. All she could think about was how much it hurt to face life without River.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 am

Taiju was confused for a moment before understanding the kind of comfort that Rane wanted. He embraced her quietly, wincing slightly when she agitated the half-healed gashes on his chest but not complaining. He said nothing and let her cry, figuring that was all that he could do.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:31 am

It was nearly a half hour before Rane physically could not cry any longer. She finally settled down and pulled away from Taiju just enough to look at him. Her wounds were bleeding through her bandages slightly. Not in a concerning way, but just enough to show that she accidentally reopened her wounds a little. She gave Taiju a tired and pitiful look, her cheeks read from crying.
"I'm sorry..." She mumbled. she hated crying, she knew how awkward it was for other people.

Last edited by colt on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because that red squiggily line means your dumb, not to press the send button)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:36 am

Taiju made a halfhearted attempt to smile. "You don't have to be sorry," he said reassuringly, before his eyes trailed down to the blood that had begun seeping through Rane's bandages. He frowned at the sight. "Maybe I should go get Kerian to change those out . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:56 am

Rane glanced at the blood and shook her head lightly. "No... Please, I don't want to see anyone. It's can wait..." She mumbled tiredly. She lifted one hand to wipe her wet eyes, garbing Taiju's hand with the other.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:01 am

Taiju sighed. "Alright," he agreed, "but if it gets any worse, I'm getting Kerian. You've been hurt enough to last me a lifetime."

He settled back on the bed, not sure what else he could say. There was nothing he could find that would be comforting.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:28 am

Rane was silent for a long time, thinking about River. She didn't know exactly what had happened to him since she was passed out by the time Taiju got back from weeing where he went. All she could remember is pain and then feeling his life draining. it was a horrible feeling.
"What happened?" She finally asked, unsure if she really wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:31 am

Taiju rubbed his hand lightly against Rane's back in what he hoped was a comforting gesture. "A bear," he answered. "He was running away from one when I found him. I was able to kill it, but by the time I had, it'd done a number of both of us . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:35 am

"a bear...." Rane repeated. It sounded so unreal to her. Why would a bear attack River for no reason. She knew River wouldn't have picked a fight either. She looked up, "you got hurt?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:48 am

"I didn't get out of the way in time and it managed to claw me. It hurt, but it could have been a lot worse." Taiju gingerly touched the tips of his fingers to his chest, where the bandages were hidden under his shirt. "I'm alright."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:06 am

Rane lifted a hand and touched his chest lightly where he had to feel the wounds. "I would heal you... But I don't think I can right now. I'm still weak.." She mumbled, feeling bad for no0t being able to help him.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:13 am

"I wouldn't let you, anyway. You need to focus on getting better, not helping everyone else. That would only make it worse." Taiju took her hand in his gently. "I was hurt much less than you were in that. Like I said, I'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 am

Rane forced a very small smile but let it fall quickly. She kissed his lips lightly and laid her head back down. "I'm sleepy..." She warned him softly, her eyes half lidded. She needed her rest, and part of her wanted to just sleep forever.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 6:19 am

Taiju smiled tiredly. "By all means," he said. "Let me know if I can get anything for you. I doubt I'll be going anywhere anytime soon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: