Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Orlain     - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:55 am

Damien looked back at Joey, narrowing her eyes at first, her automatic reaction was to become angry. But her expression quickly softened. "I'm fine.." She then very quickly reached back up on the saddle and pulled herself up onto her horse, trying to do it fast to try to make it hurt less. But once up on the horse she whimpered in pain through her teeth, leaning forward and clutching her shoulder.

"Alright," Rane agreed, moving over to Taiju's horse. She almost glanced back to see if River was fallowing, out of habit. But she stopped herself in time.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 am

Joey was unconvinced, but there was nothing he could do at that point. Damien obviously didn't welcome his help, and he didn't want to push his luck any further.

He gave a little sigh and backed off, headed to saddle up his own horse. "Let me know if you need anything, I guess," he said as he moved away.

Taiju swung himself up into the saddle with ease, then offered his hand to help Rane up. Knowing that they would find Aegon for certain now, he was eager to leave. He didn't even want to stop in the next town, though he knew Kerian would have them stay at least a day.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:16 am

Damien turned her horse away from the group to take a few steps away to try and calm down the pain in her shoulder.

Jack got onto his horse soon after and glanced over at Asha, "do you have a horse?" He asked, noticing she was just standing there.

"No I have something better," Asha said quickly as if she was snapping out of a day dream. She stuck two fingers in her mouth and blew hard, whistling loudly. A few seconds later the bushes moved before a huge grey stag jumped out of the bushes, stopping next to the elf girl. It was a huge deer with a huge pair of antlers. Vines and moss hung off the antlers and it's coat was shaggy, but clean. She quickly jumped onto his bare back and smiled.
"You ride a deer?" Jack asked, a bit shocked.
"Nothing moves through the forest quieter," Asha smiled.

Rane took a deep breath and took Taiju's hand, pulling herself up onto the saddle with his help. She barely got up before the pain got to be too much.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:43 am

Joey saddled up his mare and mounted in silence. He pulled his hood over his head, trying to hide from the others. He didn't want to talk much if it could be avoided.

Zakuro couldn't help an incredulous laugh. "I wasn't expecting that," she admitted.

"Elves are closer to nature than humans," Kerian mentioned as she finished saddling up her own horse. "It wasn't too uncommon to see similar things in my village."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 am

"What village are you from?" Asha asked, looking for at Kerian with a curious smile.

Rane tiredly leaned against Taiju, almost tired enough to fall asleep sitting up on the horse.

Jack smiled, "that's actually pretty cool." He turned his horse to fallow Kerian, glancing at Joey and Damien. They both seemed to be a little upset, but only mildly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 am

"I was raised in Anderlynn," Kerian replied, leading her horse to the front of the group. "It was unfortunately raided by the dragon's forces some time ago, looking for the prophecies. I've yet to have time to return and see how they have recovered, but I'm certain the village is still there."

Zakuro shifted uncomfortably in her saddle, both at the mention of the ruined village and at watching Joey and Damien. She had a feeling this wouldn't resolve itself for some time.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:20 am

"I have heard that Anderlynn was a beautiful place. It's too bad that it was attacked," Asha chimed as she fallowed Kerian and the group. "I have only been traveling since I left my father, so only about a year. I haven't made it that far yet, but I plan on seeing it sometime."

Damien glanced back at Joey once and her eyes met with his for just a second. She had to force herself to not smile at him before she looked away again. She was so happy that he was back and seemed back to normal. But she couldn't just let herself forgive him so fast.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:25 am

"It was lovely," Kerian agreed forlornly. "Hopefully soon I will be able to return."

Joey tried to maintain an apathetic expression when Damien looked away so quickly, but ended up simply dipping his head so no one would see. It was unbearable how much he had missed her while he was gone--he didn't even think he could miss some of the things he did. He felt foolish for it, yet wanted nothing more than for everything to simply return to normal.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 am

Damien sighed lightly, looking at her horses neck quietly. She wanted t badly for things to be normal too, but she knew they wouldn't be for a while.

"My father was there once, he has been a lot of places and is probably the smartest person in the world," Asha added with a proud smile. Even though she wasn't Aegon's blood, she was proud to be raised by him.

Before she could stop herself Rane was in a half-sleep state against Taiju.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:41 am

Kerian laughed quietly. "Let's hope he lives up to that reputation when we find him," she said in amusement.

Taiju silently shifted to carry Rane's weight. He rested his hand over hers, though she probably wouldn't notice, and thought of what Aegon might be like--and what he might have to say to Aegon to convince the healer to help Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:21 pm

"Normally I know he wouldn't help you guys, he has to turn a lot of people away. But I'm sure he will think differently when I tell him you guys are the prophecies. But.. He might ask fro proof." Asha said, thinking out loud mostly. "I'm not sure.."

"What kind of proof?" Jack dared to ask.

"I'm not sure, probably a show of your powers or something.." Asha shrugged.

"Oh, well that doesn't seem too bad."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:11 am

"Because letting everyone know exactly who you are hasn't turned out badly before," Taiju said dryly.

"Well, he already knows we exist, even if he doesn't know who we are," Zakuro pointed out. She shifted in her saddle, seeming momentarily uncomfortable, before adopting a confident look. "But he has to help. This isn't just for us, after all."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

"I'm pretty confident that he will help, I'm sure he has had big plan for helping you guys." Asha agreed. Then she fell quiet, thinking to herself about her foster father. She had no idea if he would be upset for bringing strangers home, or proud of her for finding the prophecies. The hoped it was the latter of the two.

Jack fell quiet as well, his gaze fixed on his horses ears as if he was in a trance like state. But he was only thinking, and talking with Jayce. Jayce didn't like the idea of fallowing this strange girl and Jack was just trying to get him to keep his mouth shut. From time to time Jack would accidentally speak out loud when having conversations with Jayce, he would try to make it seem like nothing if someone noticed.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 pm

The next few weeks were unusually quiet and, as a result, much more tense, as they traveled westward to the coast to find Aegon. As Kerian promised, they stopped for one night in a town on the way and departed the following afternoon. It was a needed bit of rest, but it wasn't put to much use. Joey left to purchase new clothing during the day, Zakuro accompanying him, and then stayed in his own inn room to avoid the rest of the group when possible. He made a few passing efforts to talk to Damien, but it was quickly clear that it didn't matter what he said.. Taiju confined himself to the inn as well, too worried about Rane to think about leaving her.

The following three weeks on the road were no better. Joey was primarily silent the first few days, usually looking despondent, until his mood became his regular apathy. It was hard to tell whether he was upset or happy at that point, but it was better than moping constantly.

Taiju kept with Rane, getting increasingly anxious to find Aegon as the days passed. He didn't know how much longer Rane had, and he didn't want to prod her with questions. He plotted to himself what he would say to convince the old healer to help if, for some reason, Aegon decided he didn't care to give Rane aid.

Zakuro kept a close eye on Jack, as she usually did, and took on her usual role of trying to cheer the group. It worked at some times, but everything combined with the overly long trip made it difficult to keep up a cheerful atmosphere all on her own. She eventually resigned herself to the fact that people were going to be moody whether she liked it or not.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Damien remained pretty distant from the group, often talking walks away from the camp sight once they were all set up. She seemed to make herself especially scarce when ever Asha was feeling extra bouncy and annoying. It seemed like that girl could find anything to talk about, and she seemed to be trying to tie herself into the group, appealing to everyone the best she could. At times when she was talking with Joey she seemed to be flirting with him. Of course Joey never seemed to noticed, he was always kinda clueless to those things. But Damien would do her best to hide a angered blush crossing her cheeks whenever she saw it happen.

Jack remained pretty positive as well, just happy to have Joey back. He was one of his best friends, how could he have not been happy? He seemed pretty stable mentally throughout the travel to the coast, but Jayce did take his chance to come out to talk with Asha one night. He threatened her, letting her know every way he could rip her body into chunks, and describing how he had done it before in too much detail. Asha was then after terrified of Jayce and Jack, keeping clear of him.

Rane condition only seemed to get worse as time went on. She could only stay awake for 5-7 hours at a time and when she was awake she coughed harshly, often coughing up blood. She grew pale and had a hard time breathing, often waking up in her sleep, gasping for air. She was glad Taiju didn't leave her, and it was pretty obvious how scarred she was. She didn't want to die, specially not now that she had Taiju. She could help but think about the fact that Aegon might not even be able to help her. And her wound only got worse, growing increasingly infected and almost decaying under the bandages. Her skin went from a green-ish red-ish color around the wound to a thick line of dark purple and then thinned out to red. When riding she would lean tiredly against Taiju, whimpering in pain from time to time from being jarred around.

Asha lead the way to Aegon's like she said she would, taking as many short cuts as she could. And when they finally reached the coast it was damp but sunny. The air was filled with the smell of sea water. And it was constantly breezy, and chilly. They had to bundle up. Rane couldn't help but shiver, huge dark bag under her eyes.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 pm

"So much for a sunny beach," Zakuro couldn't help but remark. The coastline dipped and stretched away into the ocean; for awhile the group had walked on a stretch of soft white sand, which gave way to rock as the coast disappeared again. Zakuro pulled her new cloak (a gift from Joey, which he had half-jokingly said was for putting up with him all day in town) over her shoulders and up to her face, shivering at the chill.

"It will be summer soon. I imagine it'll be warmer then," Kerian said. She slid down from her horse's saddle to let the animal walk with greater ease on the uneven ground. "How much further, Asha? Will we make it by nightfall, or should we turn back to the village we passed to wait until morning?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:24 pm

"Yes it will be summer in only a week, and it will be a huge change," Asha agreed as she lead the group through the rocks. Her stag having a rather easy time with it. " And yes, we will be there in just a few minutes. His house is on a cliff over looking the sea."

Jack yawned tiredly as they walked along. His horse slipped a few times on the rocks and he felt bad enough to dismount it and walk beside him. The movement helped warm up his body anyway. "Oh good."
He paused for a moment to glance back at Damien and Joey then to Zakuro, making sure everyone was alright for his own nervousness.

Rane shivered in the saddle, one arm loosely around Taiju's waist as she rode behind him. She pulled back a little from leaning on him to cough harshly several time, too tired to even raise a hand to cough into it. Once the fit was over she leaned on him again, wheezing as she tried to catch her breath. She winced as she felt warmth just above her mouth, barely able to pull a hand up to touch it with her finger and inspect it. A small stream of blood was coming from her nose. And she could tell from her pounding headache that it wasn't from her nose.

Jack looked over at her to see her looking at the blood on her finger tips and her eyes involuntary close. He could tell she was about to pass out. "Taiju!" He said quickly as Rane's arm loosened from around him and she started to fall off the horse.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm

Taiju felt Rane's grasp loosening just before Jack shouted his warning. He turned back in the saddle awkwardly and caught Rane before she could fall, but his position wouldn't allow him to hold her up long.

"Help me get her down," he said to the nearest person, who happened to be Joey. He obliged and moved to help the now-unconscious Rane from the horse and onto the ground. Taiju jumped down and looked over Rane, looking for the source of the blood.

Joey awkwardly stood back, then looked down the path. Aegon's home wasn't much farther, according to Asha, but it still seemed too far away.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Asha stopped leading the group and leg her stag over to Taiju and Rane. "What happened?" She asked in a concerned tone.
"She passed out again, looks like she's bleeding.." Jack answered, moving in for a closer look as well.

Damien seemed distracted by something, looking behind them, down the beach where they had came.

Blood slowly seeped from Rane nose, and soon, the corner of her mouth. She seemed to be fighting the unconsciousness, as if she was too afraid to fall asleep. She peered past almost completely lidded eyes, too weak to do much else.

Asha slid off her mount and moved over to Taiju and Rane, when she saw the blood she reached out and carefully pulled open one of her eyes and then quickly let it close again. Her white pupils were dilated, almost covering all of the blue. "Look like it's gone to her brain, we need to hurry." Asha said firmly, getting back onto her mount. "Only a couple more miles."

Last edited by Colt on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mouth? wtf?)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:26 am

Taiju grit his teeth as he picked up Rane. There was no way he could carry her on horseback safely while she was unconscious, but walking might take too long . . . Damn it, why wasn't there something he could do to fix this?

Joey caught Damien looking down the beach, but chose to say nothing. It was probably pointless. She scarcely talked to him and there were more important things going on than Damien spacing out.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:36 am

"Jack, your horse is the biggest here." Asha said suddenly, knowing that Taiju wouldn't be able to hold Rane up on horse back.
Jack glanced at his horse and nodded, "yeah I guess he is."
"Come with me, we will run ahead and get a cart," Asha said firmly. Even though she didn't trust Jack, she had to help Rane. "You all keep moving ahead but we will rush back."
Asha then quickly kicked her deer in the sides and it jumped over a couple rocks and took off in the direction they had been going. Jack quickly pulled himself back onto his horse, glancing back at Zakuro before quickly moving his horse into a gallop after Asha. The rocks were hard on the horse though. But luckily it would flatten out soon.

Damien watched them leave, still sitting on her horse, and then looked back behind them again. Only looking ahead when the group moved off again.

As Rane was moved she let off a small groan, showing her displeasure in the movement.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:41 am

Taiju watched Asha and Jack depart, his expression grim. Would they even return in time? Rane had gotten worse in the last weeks, but the last few days seemed to be the worst, and now . . .

He swallowed his fears as he started picking his way over the rocks, being as careful as he could to avoid jostling Rane. He wanted to say something to her, but his focus was on getting to Aegon, and nothing he said was going to fix the situation.

Joey took Taiju's horse's reins and led the stallion alongside his mare. Zakuro went quiet, just hoping Aegon would agree to help--and that they would reach him in time.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:57 am

Jack and Asha raced as fast as they could to Aegon's house. In a about five minutes they were there. Asha showed Jack where their cart was at so he could hook his horse to it and then quickly ran inside to Aegon.
"Father!" She called quickly as she entered the house, glancing around to try and find him quickly.
Jack luckily had always been horse person and knew exactly how to hook his horse to the older wagon.

Damien, who had been hanging back a bit, finally moved her horse to catch up to the group.
"So... This may be the worst time to say this... But I'm pretty sure someone has been fallowing us for the past day or so."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:02 am

Aegon was in the back of the house, in the largest room in the building--his study. Most of the house was modest and clean, but the same couldn't be said of the study. It was more like a library, filled to the brim with bookshelves, all lined with books, scrolls, and just about anything else that could have writing on it. A sturdy oak desk sat in the middle of it all, and this was where Aegon sat.

Despite being over two hundred years old, Aegon didn't look a day over forty. He was a tall man, square in the face and shoulder, with dirty blond hair that he preferred to tie back and streaks of gray in both it and his short beard.

He stood as he heard a familiar voice echoing in the house, accompanied by frantic footsteps. He wasn't sure what to make of Asha's arrival.

Joey looked back over his shoulder. "You have got to be fucking kidding me," he muttered.

"Followed?" Kerian interrupted, casting a glance at Joey for his tone. "By whom? Have you actually seen anyone?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:28 am

Asha finally found her foster father in his study, the place where he was usually at. She briefly hugged him before taking a deep breath.
"Okay so I have a lot to tell you, but very little time. I found this guy out when I was traveling and directed him toward a city he was looking for. He had just escaped from Rowan, but he was a good guy. So later I accidentally bumped into him and his group of friends again and found out they had a healer in their group. I wanted to meet her and then I found out that she was actually pretty sick. And after some talking the revealed to me that they were the prophecies, well at least the four younger ones were. And the rest were companions trying to help them out. I then found out that the healer was dying and you are the only person who could help her. I don't know what she is dying from, they wouldn't give me much details but we have been traveling here so they could talk to you. And she has only gotten worse and worse. It moved to her brain just a few miles from here so she can't hang onto a horse, I brought one of the prophecies ahead with me to get the wagon to bring her back quick. And you have to help her! She's really important to all of them. And by now he is headed back with the wagon and will get to them soon." Asha said very very quickly, all in just a couple breaths. Thankfully, Aegon would be the only person in the world used to Asha talking like this. She had to take a moment to try and catch her breath after ward.

"I don't know..." Damien said, "I have just been seeing this figure every now and then. And I have seen it enough times to know it's not just in my head.

Before anymore questions could be asked Jack ran up to them, his horse pulling a small wagon. "Taiju come on," he said, "Asha stayed back to talk to Aegon."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:01 am

Aegon stared at Asha for a quiet moment, holding her by the shoulders. He let out a sigh.

"You come home after a year of travel and the first thing you do is bring strangers to my doorstep," he lamented.

Kerian stared back in the direction they had come, hoping for some sign of their apparent pursuer. She saw nothing, and was forced to dismiss the issue in favor of more pressing matters.

Taiju didn't hesitate, gently laying Rane in the cart and kneeling over her.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:09 am

"They aren't just strangers, they are the prophecies," Asha said, shaking her head lightly. "They have powers and everything, one even tired to kill me when we first met cause she thought I was a threat."

Jack tugged on the long reins to turn the wagon around. He didn't glance back as he urged his horse to go as fast as if could.

Damien kicked her horse suddenly to chase after Jack and the others, figuring there was no reason to hang back. Her little mare didn't quite catch up though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:18 am

"I know, I know . . . " Aegon bit back another sigh. He should feel more excitement at knowing that the prophecies were on their way, but he was distracted by the others Asha had mentioned. Another healer in trouble, a few others . . . He hid away from the mainland because he wanted to avoid being used for aid. "I suppose there's nothing to be done about it now. Make sure they get there without any trouble and I'll be out shortly."

Taiju braced himself against the edge of the wagon with one hand, keeping an eye on Rane. The ride was rough than either of them would prefer, but it would be worth it if they got to the healer.

Zakuro and Kerian both remounted their horses to follow after Jack and Damien. Joey fumbled for a moment with Taiju's horse and ended up falling behind a bit, fighting to keep both horses under control and only managing after a minute or so.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:29 am

Asha smiled widely at Aegon and quickly gave him another short hug before running out of the room and out the door. She jumped back on her stag and raced back toward the others, catching up to them about half way there.
"He's not very happy, but he said he would help," She called to Taiju to try and make him feel a little better.

The group finally made it to the house and Asha jumped off her mount once again to run and open the door so Taiju could easily take Rane inside. She pointed for him to take her over to a couch and remained in the door way to wait for the others. Jack quickly unhooked his horse again and tied him under a small shelter where there was a small amount of hay, for her deer to stay under in bad weather. Damien dismounted and did the same, not bothering to take off the horses tack for now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:42 am

Taiju just nodded to Asha, barely acknowledging her. He wouldn't feel better until he knew Rane was going to be safe.

Once at the house, Taiju delicately lifted Rane to take her inside. He ran through his arguments in his head--he still didn't know if Aegon would refuse to help Rane, but Asha made it sound like a possibility.

Joey, after fighting with Taiju's horse, gave up entirely and left both Taiju's and his outside with the others. He and Zakuro trailed to the door, hesitant, while Kerian took up the lead.

Aegon chose to take his time.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:54 am

Once everyone was in Asha closed the door behind them and moved to get a spare blanket. She laid it over Rane since she was still shivering.
"He will be out soon," Asha said, taking a step back and trying to relax herself a bit.
The blood coming out of Rane nose and mouth had slowed down and she seemed to be a little more awake. But slightly delusional...
She gave Taiju a confused look and asked where River was. Her pupils were still dilated and she just seemed confused and tired.

Jack glanced around the house quietly, trying to see what he could learn about Aegon from his house.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:01 am

Taiju sat beside Rane and quietly ignored her questions. He brushed a bit of hair from her face and waited, feeling his prior determination slowly being overcome by sickening anxiety as the seconds ticked by.

Eventually, Aegon entered the room. He stood in the doorway, his arms crossed and nearly lost in the folds of his white robes, as he surveyed the ragged individuals who now took up the majority of his main living space. Taiju and Kerian both stood almost simultaneously, but he didn't acknowledge them.

"So which of you are the supposed prophecies, then?" he asked.

Joey cast a glance at Zakuro. He was hesitant to out himself ten seconds into their first meeting with this man.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:12 am

Asha didn't speak for them since she was not the one spoken to.

Jack glanced around and when nobody said anything he took a step forward. "I am one, sir. And my three friends are too." He gestured at Joey, Damien and Zakuro who were all thankfully standing in the same area.
"We came because Asha said you could help us, but more importantly, help Rane..." He added, gesturing back at Rane. He then bit his pierced lip, feeling Jayce pushing to get out and say something. Now was not the time.

Damien didn't say anything, just watching Aegon as if expecting him to attack.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:18 am

Aegon looked impassively at Rane. He could tell she was a healer of decent power, if too ill to act the part.

"I live away from cities because I do not want to put my talents to use for everyone who shows up at my door," he said coolly. "I have had--and still have--much more important things to worry about than one life among thousands."

Taiju grit his teeth. "You can't just ignore her," he protested. "We came to you because you're the only one who can help."

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Jack couldn't hold Jayce back and he came out, holding a firm glare. Asha saw the sudden change in Jack and recognized it. She quickly moved across the room stand next to Aegon, obviously afraid of him.
"Asha said you were trying to help us, that it was you main goal. Well here, help us then." Jayce growled, "without Rane most, if not all of us would be dead! And we aren't going to be able to go on without her. I don't think you realize how many people and demons want us dead! So help us by helping her."
Jayce clenched his fists, the metal buckles on his clothes started to bend.
Asha took a small step behind Aegon, just enough so she could still see what was going on, but enough so she felt safer.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Aegon seemed unimpressed by Jack's sudden change, though he didn't understand the reason for it. He eyed the metal buckles on the young man's clothing.

"I don't think frightening Asha is the best way to get me to do anything for you," he remarked.

Kerian started to speak, but before she could get in a word, Taiju interrupted. "We wouldn't have traveled all the way out here if we thought anybody else could help," he said, his voice low. "I've known for awhile this was going to happen, but not like this. We had plans to come find you later, when we had the time, but she got hurt and her brother was killed, and I couldn't do anything about it except stand around while she got worse until Asha told us she knew you . . ."

He looked up from Rane to Aegon. "This is the only thing I can do for her," he said, suddenly sharp, "so I'm not going to let you stand there and tell me you aren't going to help her just because you don't want to! We aren't a bunch of peasants who happened to wander to your door, inconveniencing you with a cold--Rane needs this!"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Damien reached out a hand and touched Jayce's arm, trying to get him to calm down. He glared back at her for a moment before his expression softened and he let go of control, letting Jack slip back. Jack immediately looked sad and took a step back to join the group again. He was breathing a little bit heavier then normal and he starred at the ground, trying to wish Jayce away.

Once it seemed like Jack was back to normal Asha came back out from hiding behind Aegon. She listened to Taiju speak, he sounded so desperate. She wondered if she would ever find love like that...
"Father..." She said softly, looking up at him. "Please don't be upset, this is my fault, not theirs. So please don't punish them by letting their friend die.... Punish me if you have to, cause I was the one who led them here." She couldn't help but feel so guilty. Rane was going to die if he didn't help, and she had gotten all their hopes up.

Rane wheezed as she tried to breath, her body suddenly moving into a coughing fit. She tried to raise a hand to cover her mouth, but couldn't. She sputtered out blood as she coughed, choking on it once. Her pale eyes filled with pained tears as she coughed, trying to reach her hand out to Taiju. She could barely hear what everyone was saying, and she couldn't fully understand it. But it didn't sound good.

Last edited by Colt on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am bad at words)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:32 am

Aegon watched the group for a long, agonizing moment. Taiju turned his attention away from the older man to look at Rane, taking her hand in his and forcing a smile that fell flat. It was a pointless gesture--Rane knew she was dying and no attempts at reassuring smiles were going to convince her otherwise.

Finally, Aegon heaved a sigh and rolled up the sleeves of his robes. "Move out of the way, then," he said as he went over to the couch. "In spite of everything, I suppose the healer in me can't turn away a dying girl. What happened for her to be like this?" To Asha, he added, "Fetch my supplies out of the study. This is going to take some time."

Taiju was visibly relieved and didn't bother trying to hide it. He launched into an explanation of the bear attack first to explain Rane's injuries, then had to hesitate as he explained more about Rane's history with her brother and the effects of River's death. He wasn't sure of all the details, and somehow saying them all aloud made him feel ignorant, but Aegon just accepted the story with a nod.

"Unusual method of keeping someone alive, but I've heard it's been done before," he remarked as he hovered over Rane to inspect her wounds. "I may have to ask her more about it when this ordeal is finished. It's going to take me considerably longer than I expected, but she'll live."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 am

Asha sighed in relief and quickly turned to run and fetch his supplies like she was told.

Jack and Damien both moved back, trying to give the healer space to work. They both relaxed when they said Rane would live, finally, something was going right again.

Rane made a slight noise when Taiju moved out of her view, and then gave Aegon a confused stare. Asha came back in with all of Aegon's supplies, setting them down next to him and taking a step back, but sticking close encase he needed more help.
She couldn't protest when her shirt was lifted so Aegon could inspect her wounds, even though deep down, she felt she needed to. When her bandages were barely touched to be taken off she winced in pain. She closed her eyes to try and think about something else happening.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:34 am

Taiju stood nearby, looking on as Aegon worked. The healer focused first on cleaning Rane's wounds and the blood from her face so that he could better examine them.

"As I said, this will take some time," he said, laying his hands one on top of the other over Rane's stomach. A pale blue glow emanated from his palms. "Several days, in all likelihood. Asha can show you to the spare rooms while I work."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Asha nodded and turned to everyone else, "come on then. It's been a long ride, everyone needs their rest." She turned around and assumed everyone would fallow her. Jack glanced back at Rane one last time and did fallow her. Since Aegon said she would live he felt much better, now he could relax, and realize just how tired he really was.

Damien hesitated though, she glanced toward the front door of the house. "I'm going to go and make sure the horses are alright," she announced before heading toward the door.

Rane almost started coughing again, but passed out before she could.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Joey followed after awhile, suspicious about Damien's decision but unwilling to question it. Zakuro went as well, walking beside Jack. "Are you alright?" she asked after a moment, her voice low.

Kerian, on the other hand, declined to follow Asha, instead turned for the door. "I'll accompany you," she said to Damien with a cheerful smile. "I have a feeling they could all use a good check-up after such a long ride, particularly in this terrain."

Taiju remained where he was. Aegon finally spoke after a long minute, never lifting his gaze from Rane. "Are you going to stand there all night?"

"If I have to."

"Hovering over me is not going to help her heal faster," Aegon said, calm but stern. "I understand she means much to you. Unfortunately, you are doing no good by standing there, and I'm sure you need to rest as much as the others. When I am done for the night, I will tell you how she is. Until then, do not bother me."

Taiju clenched his jaw, but eventually conceded and left to follow after Asha and the others. He didn't have much of a choice in the matter.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Damien went outside and headed over to where the horses were left. They all seemed to be asleep, nice and tired from the travels. She went to her horse first, petting the mare on the nose and checking her legs and hooves to make sure she didn't hurt herself. Then she moved to Joey's horse. She paused for a moment, glancing around as if she expected something to happen. And when nothing did, she continued with what she was doing.

Jack let out a small sigh as he walked with Zakuro. "Just the usual, just really tired of Jayce," he answered quietly. He went into the room that Asha directed him to, pausing to see if Zak would fallow.

(( aww Taiju is so cute <3 ))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Kerian was quiet for a minute, looking over her mare before moving on to check on Taiju's horse. "You seem on edge tonight," she observed as she inspected the stallion, to his apparent dismay. She paused to give him a baleful glare and a reprimand when he wouldn't let her inspect his hoof before continuing. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm sorry," Zakuro said, unsure of what else she could do to help. She briefly hesitated, then followed Jack, deciding to ignore her near-instinctual fear at least for awhile. Jayce had been unusually nonviolent as of late.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:11 pm

"Besides that fact that something had been fallowing us?" Damien asked Kerian, not looking away from her horse. She dug a small rock out of it's hoof and moved on to the next one.

Jack smiled lightly when Zakuro fallowed him into the room. Having her there would keep him calmer. It always did.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Kerian raised an eyebrow a fraction of an inch, which most likely went unnoticed as she continued her inspection of the agitated stallion. "Speaking of," she continued, "do you know anything of who would be following us? Nobody else has given any indication that they're aware we're being followed, and I admit I wasn't aware until today. How long have you been suspicious?"

"I'm glad Rane will be alright," Zakuro said idly as she sat down in a chair--Aegon's home appeared humble, but it was well-furnished. "I wonder how much he can do for her . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Damien stopped what she was doing and looked over at Kerian. She didn't say anything for a long moment, as if she was deciding to tell her the truth or not.
"Truth is, I have had a feeling something was fallowing us for weeks. I guessed that it was Malak though, since he has a habit of popping up from time to time. But he hasn't attacked us in a while and it wouldn't be the first time he has fallowed me around, so I didn't think much of it. But I saw a glance of something this morning, and whatever it was, it wasn't Malak. I didn't want to say anything until we were really close to getting Rane here. Taiju was so on edge already that I didn't want him or anyone else to like die of stress or something..." Damien explained, telling the truth. Kerian was their leader and protector, she had to know.
"It seemed like the thing got closer every time Rane took a turn for the worse. When she passed out I could have swore it was right behind us, but when I turned around there was nothing there." She sighed, looking down. "I feel like I'm going crazy like Jack..."

"Me too. We would be kinda lost without Rane... Not to mention Taiju would probably be so grief stricken that he would be out of order too." Jack agreed tiredly, plopping down onto the bed. "I'm sure he has it under control though."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:20 pm

"I'm sure you are fine." Kerian finally left the horse alone and stood, turning to face the empty, rocky beach. "I may have to go scout for myself to see if I can find anything." She paused, then added, "Would you be willing to go with me? You're the only one who seems to know anything about it, and you haven't seemed at ease with anyone else lately, either."

Zakuro nodded, slouching in her chair. Sometimes Taiju's behavior astounded her. She hadn't liked him much when he had first joined the group due to his dismissive attitude and disinterest in everyone else. He had changed over the last year and it still never failed to amaze her.

Then again, in almost a year, all of them had probably come a long way.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 10:50 pm

Damien hesitated again, she wasn't sure if she wanted to go or not. The thing she saw has sent a chill or terror down her spine that she hadn't felt since she thought Joey was going to die. She swallowed past a sudden dry lump in her throat. She couldn't let Kerian go out there alone.
"Yeah, I'll go. I don't want to hang around here anyway." She finally said, hiding her fear the best she could.

Jack ran his hands back through his shaggy red hair. Nearly all of his black hair dye was grown out by now. Only the tips having red and black stripes. As his hair flopped back into place over his green eyes he momentarily thought about cutting it, but then figured that Jayce would have a problem with that. Besides, he kinda liked the shadowy look it gave him. He looked at Zakuro, thinking about how she had changed since they had been thrown into this world. She had grown up a lot, just like he had, and was still as beautiful as ever. As he sat there thinking he found himself smiling at Zakuro, but he didn't bother to try and hide it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 3:59 pm

((Holy shit, you replied.))

Kerian nodded and grasped the hilt of her sword. "Keep an eye out, then," she said. She considered asking more questions, trying to get Damien to explain what was going on in her head in the last few weeks, but she decided to keep quiet. Damien would speak if she wanted to, and there wasn't much Kerian could do otherwise.

Zakuro looked out for the window for awhile, then caught Jack staring at her. She couldn't help an amused half-smile. "What?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: