Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Orlain     - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Joey just gave a solemn, exhausted nod. They reached Asha just in time to save her. If nothing else, that made the rest of the misery justified. Asha had no place in their fight; she never should have been involved in the first place.

"Just work as quickly as you can," Kerian said, moving to stand a few feet away and watch the empty area. "We are running out of time. We need to leave this place and return to Aegon."

Zakuro stood awkwardly nearby, watching Rane work. She caught Jayce's gaze and managed a faint smile, before realizing how angry he seemed and looked away again. No point in antagonizing him.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:53 pm

As Rane moved to different part of Asha's body her expression became sadder and sadder. She felt so bad for this girl, even when she lived through all of this and they got her back home, she would still have mental scaring. After all Aegon had done for her, she wished she could fix that too. She was just a kid, how could some one hurt her so badly for what Rane assumed was information.

Jayce pushed himself off the wall and walked over next to Zakuro as if he was going to talk to her. He stopped next to her, still glaring, his hands clenched into fists.
Damien watched him quietly, concerned about what Jayce might do. He was so unpredictable. Some times it seemed like Jayce was becoming a better person, then he would relapse into his old ways.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:10 pm

Zakuro tensed slightly as Jayce approached her. She forced herself to relax, not wanting to act weak in front of him. She wasn't as scared of him anymore, and knew that he had to keep himself under control to some extent, but that didn't mean she trusted him to keep to it.

"What?" she asked, sparing him another glance when he stopped.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:34 pm

"I don't know why Jack loves you so much..." Jayce sneered, looking up and down Zakuro's body once. "There is no much you will learn when I fix that."

"Jayce this is no where near the time or place!" Damien shouted at him, keeping her voice low enough so it didn't travel far, but it made her point.
Jayce just turned his glare back toward Damien, "oh shut up girl! Don't act as if you don't see what is going on too. It makes me sick," he looked back at Zakuro, "and it will be fixed" He turned back around and walked away from Jack's girlfriend.

"Don't listen to him, Zak..." Damien said softly, shaking her head.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Zakuro didn't have a chance to respond; by the time she was able to formulate a proper reply, Jayce was walking away.

"I don't understand," she said, looking over at Damien. "I haven't even done anything to him. What's he talking about 'fixing'?"

"It's probably not good," Joey interjected, looking over at Jayce's retreating silhouette. "We don't have time to worry about it right now, but keep an eye on him in case he does try anything."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Damien watched Jayce stop a good distance from the group, cross his arms, and lean on a tree.
"I can't imagine what it is like for Jack to be stuck in his mind with him all the time." She sighed quietly and looked back at Zakuro, "you know Jack won't let him hurt you... "

Jayce let his hold on their shared body slip away and Jack resurfaced. He let his arms fall limply to his side before sliding down the tree and sitting on the ground. He didn't look back at the group, he just rested his arms on his knees and his head on his arms, staring off into the distance. He was torn between what Jayce told him was true, and what his emotions told him was true. And his emotions were losing.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:38 pm

"I know. I'm not really worried about that anymore. I'm just worried what he's talking about, and what's happening to Jack." She sighed heavily and folded her arms over her chest. "It doesn't matter right now, I guess. There's all this going on." She gestured vaguely at Asha.

"How much longer?" Taiju asked, turning back to Rane. "I don't mean to rush, but we are still sitting on Rowan's doorstep."

"I'm not sure it matters," Joey said, still watching Jack. "He's not . . . I don't know. I'm not getting anything. Either he's not aware anything's happened or he doesn't care."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:14 pm

"Let's hope it's just Jayce blowing out hot air... But Jack has been really quiet since we got to Aegon's.." Damien observed, glancing once at Jack. She figured he was back now. Jayce had said once before that he didn't like to sit down, and Jack was sitting on the ground.

"I think I am almost done. I once she wakes up again she should be able to ride." Rane said, sounding tired. Though Aegon had been teaching her how to gain energy from the world around her to heal someone she had no where near mastered it yet. And with so much to heal on Asha and so little time, she had to pull from her own energy again. Not nearly as much as in the past, but it was still taking it's toll.
Asha's eyes blinked open again and Rane stopped healing. She would need many more healing sessions before she would be fully well again, but now she should be good enough to ride home.
Rane leaned back and sighed lightly, "welcome back, how are you feeling?"
Asha stared for a moment, "sore and weak.." she mumbled.
"Well once we get a little ways away from here we will get some food and water into you and I'm sure that will help.." Rane smiled, offering a hand out to the girl. She took her hand and together got Asha back standing again, though she was unsure on her feet and winced in pain whenever she moved.

Rane motioned to Damien and handed Asha off to her before walking away from the group and over to Jack. She knelt down next to him and spoke to him just for a moment before handing him a small bag and walking back to the group.

"Where is my father?" Asha asked, glancing around. "Is he safe? Is he alright?"

Jack stood up and walked over to where the group left the horses.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:49 pm

"Here," Kerian said, pulling out her water skin and offering it to Asha. "Best to start now, if you can handle drinking it. Your father is fine at home; it will take a few weeks, but we'll return to him as quickly as we can."

"Let's go, then," Joey said, shaking his head sharply. "Sooner I get him to get rid of this fucking link, the better." He went to his horse, hardly noticing Jack.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Jack had his hand held out to Joey's horse, and it was eating something from his hand. The other horses were all chewing on something as well, and the bag that Rane handed Jack was empty. He forced a smile at Joey, "Rane had be give the horses some grain that will give them an energy boost until we can stop and rest again..."

Asha took Kerian's water skin, opened it, and quickly moved it up to her lips to drink. It had been so long since she had water.
"Drink slowly, in small sips." Rane said firmly, causing Asha to slow down. She sipped it lightly, but still choked on it, coughing harshly, the coughs making her double over in pain.
Damien quickly caught the smaller girl and rubbed her back, "smaller sip maybe.."
Once Asha stopped coughing she tried taking another sip and then forced herself to stop, even though she wanted to down the whole thing.

"You can ride with me Asha," Rane said with a small smile. She couldn't help but be happy. Asha was safe now and Rowan wasnt attacking them.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:31 am

Joey smiled faintly, the evidence of his exhaustion obvious in the strained expression. "Good," he said. "I'd hate to overwork them, considering how quickly we need to get back." He took a deep breath before hauling himself up into the saddle, muttering obscenities as he situated himself.

"Careful," Kerian said gently to Asha. "I'd hardly want to tell Aegon you made yourself sick on water before we even returned. We'll stop for food when you're feeling more capable." With the promise that the elf girl would ride with Rane, Kerian went to take up her own horse. Zakuro and Taiju followed, both eager to leave.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:42 am

Damien climbed up onto her horse as well, thankful to get moving and thankful that Jack was back for a while.

Rane swung herself onto her tall horse, taking more effort then should have been needed and extended a hand down to Asha. Jack helped her up onto the horse, to sit behind Rane, to make sure she didn't hurt herself more. They both thanked Jack before he moved back over to his grey stead and pulled himself up as well.

The sooner they could get away from Rowan the sooner they could all relax.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:25 am

When they returned to the coast, with Asha worse for wear but perfectly safe, Aegon met them with dire news: they had run out of time.

The dragon's armies had massed in their absence and were storming the cities. Demons terrorized the villagers, killing and destroying anything in the way. They had thought they had more time before the dragon moved, but, it seemed, it had taken advantage of the party's absence and moved in on the capital not a week before.

Kerian had been distressed when Aegon delived the news. “They aren't ready!” she had protested. “They have not trained enough!” Taiju nodded his agreement.

“They don't have a choice,” Aegon replied grimly, sweeping his gaze over the nervous four.

They left the following morning. As they set off, Aegon reminded them, “Keep faith in the prophecy. It is meant to come true, even in the face of the dragon's power.”

The promise rang hollow in everyone's minds as they turned their horses and galloped away.

When they arrived, it seemed at first that nothing had changed. As they slowed their pace and drew warily closer, however, the new state of the city was made obvious. The wrought iron gate of the entrance had been torn from its hinges, leaving only the gaping stone archway, flanked on either side by two demons. Neither monster so much as turned its head as the party passed, and the clacking of hooves on cobblestone was the only sound that met their ears.

The once bustling city was reduced to utter stillness. Demons perched on every street corner and patrolled the roads. Some peeked into the few windows that were still without shutters or boards. As they all walked on, the saw only one other human, a young man who sprinted, panicking, across their path and into an alley. A shadowy demon was immediately behind, running crouched on all fours, its beastly mouth stretched wide in a grin. The muffled, sickening sound of shredding flesh followed.

Taiju tore his gaze from the alley. “We need to hurry,” he said, his left hand tightly gripping the hilt of one sword.

Joey nodded once. “The castle,” he said. “They're probably holed up there.” He prided himself on keeping the tremor from his voice, though nobody would have mentioned if they had heard. “I think it knows we're here.”

“Waiting,” Zakuro agreed softly.

They urged their horses into a gallop and sped toward the castle. The demons watched their passage in impassive silence.

The castle seemed as pristine and untouched as they had left it—until they reached the sprawling courtyard just past the gates. Ranks of faceless soldiers clad in shimmering black steel lined the walls and stood eerily still, statuesque, as the group dismounted their horses and made the trek to the high castle doors.

The corridor was cold and unlit, and motes of dust drifted in the air. At the end of the hall, hanging from the handle of the door to the throne room, was a gold crown. It clattered to the floor when they shoved the door inward.

The throne room, in contrast, was brightly lit and cozily warm. At the back of the room, perched comfortably in the ornate wooden throne, sat Rowan, his chin propped in one hand, the other hand draped over the armrest to settle on the head of an enormous black dragon. The beast was curled behind and around the throne, its obsidian scales catching the firelight, sleeping.

“It's about time,” the elf said distractedly, tracing his finger up the hard scale's of the dragon's brow. “I was starting to think you wouldn't show up. Don't worry about her; she's out for the night.”

Joey frowned, one hand already on the hilt of his sword. “I though you worked for it,” he said slowly, nodding toward the dragon.

“Well, I may have lied, or deceived, or however you feel like saying it.” Rowan waved a hand. “Not that it matters. What does matter is that you are up against me and a dragon. And you will not win this. The last year has been fun, but I've worked far too hard to let a handful of adolescents march in. You lost last time, Joseph. You will again, all of you.”

Joey smirked. He had nearly killed Rowan the last time they met.

Rowan stood up lazily, forcing the rest of the group on their guard. Rowan's hands began to glow with magic, he rushed forward, and the fight began.

It was immediately obvious that he had grown in power since the last time they fought. Even with all seven of them there, Rowan held his ground, countering attacks with ease and hurling magic back at them. He was impossibly swift and devastatingly strong, and the fight seemed to go on for hours before he began to show even the first signs of exhaustion.

Then he changed.

The dragon woke, and Rowan sprinted for the beast. As soon as he laid a hand on its head, the dragon gave an ear-piercing roar that reverberated in the empty hall, and its body lit with a fierce red glow that spread from it to Rowan. Rowan's silhouette in the blinding light shifted and morphed, and when it dimmed, the dragon was gone. What had once been an elf was nothing short of demonic, an amalgam of draconic limbs and glossy black scales over flesh. He snarled and swooped back into the fight on shredded wings.

It lasted far too long, until finally, an arrow from Zakuro's bow sunk into Rowan's chest, crunching a half-formed scale, sent the man sprawling to the ground. Bleeding from multiple wounds, singed and burned with magic, his body seemed to barely be holding on.

At once, he was met by two swords and a dagger, and his body crumpled to the ground.

The group barely had time to turn around, to smile at each other and open mouths for congratulations, when the world went black.

Joey came around to the uncomfortable sensation of carpet fibers digging into his cheek and the pain that came from sleeping on the floor for far too long. He gave a groan as he opened his eyes, only to find himself staring at the bleached white walls of his living room.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:53 am

After so much had happened, after such a long battle full of pain and so many close calls, a slight head ache was the last thing Damien expected to feel first. She groaned lightly and pushed herself from the ground, instantly wondering what had happened before she had time to see where she was at. When her eyes focused on the soft lighting of her bedroom, a quiet shock took her over for a good long minute. She was home? And instantly her mind filled with so many questions. Was it all a bad dream?
Damien jumped up from her spot on the carpet and looked into her mirror. She looked the same, the same as she did in Orlain. She was slightly dirty with the same, old clothing, and longer hair. But the wounds she expected to sting were gone, as if the battle with Rowan had never happened. But everything else had. Lost in her own reflection she hadn't even noticed the other person in her room with her and nearly jumped out of her skin when there was movement behind her.
"Damien?" Rane groaned, sitting up and looking up at her friend.
"Rane??" Damien gasped in disbelief, turning back toward her. "You're here too??"
"Here? Where?" The blonde girl asked as she looked around the room, confused. She had never seen a place like this before. "Wha...Where.." Her questions died in her throat, the shock almost too much.
"What is going on!?" Rane's voice was scarred and she felt like she had every reason to be when she stood up and looked around for the others.
"Calm down-it's okay," Damien said quickly, putting a hand on her shoulder. "This is my home.."
"Your h-home?" Rane new that the four had come from somewhere far away and they could never explain themselves properly, but this was just too strange.
Damien quickly dug through her bag on her bed and pulled out her cell phone and dialed Joey's number as fast as she could, praying he would answer.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:00 am

Joey blearily registered his phone ringing in the bedroom down the hall. He stood, wobbling, feeling only a dull ache in his head despite the fight he knew they had just finished. He ran his fingers down the front of his shirt, confirming that it was nothing like his regular t-shirts.

He looked down again, and saw Taiju likewise unconscious on the floor, just beginning to stir.

Spitting obscenities, he darted down the hall, through a hallway that hardly seemed familiar anymore until he reached his bedroom, and the phone ringing out with a clip of a song he must have used to love. He fumbled with the device for a minute, relieved to see Damien's name.

"Are you okay?" he asked immediately, running his hand back through his bangs. "Where are you?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:05 am

Damien was visibly relieved when Joey finally answered the phone. Each ring gave her more fear and it seemed to have rang forever.
"Oh good... I'm fine, are you alright?" She glanced back at Rane who was giving her a confused look as to why she was talking into a small box. "I'm at my house... Rane is here with me.."
"Who are you talking to? I am right here, what-" Rane's questions were cut off suddenly when she noticed the digital alarm clock showing bright red numbers. "This must be some kind of magic..."
"Have you heard from Jack and Zakuro?" Damien asked, not giving Joey enough time to answer all her other questions in between.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:08 am

Joey breathed a sigh of relief. If Damien was alright, the others probably were as well.

"Fine, fine," he said. "I'm home. And Taiju's here, I don't know why--did everyone come? No, I haven't heard from the others, I'll call Zak in a minute, just--"

He heard cursing from the living room, swore again, and sprinted back out into the main room of the house to find Taiju standing slowly, hands on his swords, looking ruffled and confused.

"Shit, um, Taiju, don't move, just--" Joey sighed harshly. "Okay, Damien, can we regroup at your place? We can figure out what's going on. I'll go get the others on my way."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:17 am

"Yeah, yeah. Get here as fast as you can." Damien agreed quickly, hearing that Joey had his hands full with Taiju just like she would need to calm Rane down.
"I'll see you soon..." She finished as she watched Rane wander out of her bedroom before hanging up and fallowing her.
She quickly explained that Taiju was with Joey and they would be getting the others and meeting here and tried her best to explain that she wasn't in any danger.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:26 am

Joey snatched his keys out of his bedroom and herded Taiju out the door, ignoring the young man's protests as he went. Taiju objected to not being told what was happening, but, in all fairness, Joey didn't know, either.

"Just--get in the car, please," he said, unlocking the doors of his old blue sedan with one hand and dialing numbers on his phone with the other. "Rane's with Damien and I'm calling Zak and Jack right now, we'll get them if we can find them and then we'll figure this out."

Taiju nodded slowly, but stopped on the other side of the car with one hand on the door handle.

"Just pull it and get in," Joey sighed with a heavy note of exasperation as he put his phone to his ear.

He probably broke several laws as he pushed the speed limit, heading first to Zakuro's house (to find her and Kerian both confused, but unharmed) and then Jack's, calling on the way.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:34 am

No matter how many times Joey called Jack's phone he didn't answer. It rang, so his phone wasn't dead. But he never answered it. The group pulled up to his house just as the front door swung open and Jack emerged, walking out backwards, yelling back into the house. His cloak was gone but he remained in all his old Orlain clothes but he was quickly pulling his grey hoodie on. He didn't notice his friends pull up and his dad was quickly on his heels, yelling at him, asking about what he was waring and his hair. They both noticed Joey's car at the same time and the yelling immediately stopped. Jack smiled, relieved and his dad threatened something quietly before turning to go back inside as Jack jumped down his porch steps and jogged to the car.

"Hey! Whoa-- Taiju and Kerian too?" He asked, a bit confused as he squished into the back seat next to Zakuro. "Are you guys alright??"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:41 am

"Everyone's fine, it's just--" Joey allowed himself another sigh as he tipped his head back onto his seat for a moment. "I don't know what's going on. They all came back with us. We're all fine, as far I know, but we're headed to Damien's now to try to figure out what's going on."

Zakuro watched out the window as Jack's father stormed back into the house, worried about what had happened.

"This is your home?" Kerian asked, twisting around in her seat (a feat made easier by her lack of seatbelt) to look at Jack's house as Joey pulled the car away from the gravel side of the road. "Was that man your family? He seemed--unenthused by your return."

Joey winced, unwilling to tell Kerian off for the line of questioning.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:48 am

Jack listened to Joey and kinda nodded to himself, he had thought they would never return home, so it was pretty shocking, but in a way comforting. He didn't have time to say anything before Kerian started to ask questions.
"Yeah, that's my house and that was my dad. He... Just gets worried and he only knows how to yell is all. He thinks cause he found me passed out that I'm on a bunch of drugs or something." Jack laughed lightly, half because of his nerves. He was used to covering up for his father, but no one had asked him so out-front before. "What is really weird, I checked the date, and it's the same day that we left." He glanced between Zak and Joey. "And I don't have any of my battle wounds..." he returned his gaze to Zakuro, she looked fine as well.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:51 am

"I'm fine, yeah," Zakuro agreed, lifting her left hand to look at her forearm, where she had previously had a long, jagged gash from the fight. "That's a relief, at least. I'd hate to try to explain that to my parents."

"Dad's out for the day with my siblings, I think, so at least I have a few hours..." Joey groaned. "Christ, this is a mess." He glanced in the rearview mirror, first at his passengers, then the road, then, satisfied the road was empty, eased the accelerator down until he was doing nearly fifteen over the speed limit. "You weren't supposed to come back with us."

"Believe me, I'm less than thrilled," Taiju said tersely, watching the road speed by at twenty miles per hour faster than he had ever experienced.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 1:59 am

"Yeah my dad may have called the cops if I were torn up, looking weird AND passed out..." Jack chuckled lightly. Though everything was very confusing and having the others here was a little concerning, he was glad to be in a place that he knew. Though at the same time, it felt so different and wrong.

"Taiju, don't look at things close by, that's a good way to get car sick.." He advised. But they were getting close to Damien's house, so it wouldn't be much longer.

And as they pulled up Damien and Rane came out the front door to wait for them, the screen door slamming behind them, making Rane jump.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:05 am

Joey parked the car as neatly as he could in front of the house (which was not very neat at all, given the circumstances). Taiju stumbled out the door almost immediately as he caught sight of Rane, and was jogging up to meet the girls before anyone else could follow.

"Are you alright?" he asked as soon as he was in hearing range, hardly taking notice of anything else.

"Guys, inside," Joey advised, tucking his car keys into his pants pocket. "I don't feel like having neighbors call the cops on us because we look like a convention gone wrong." He flashed Damien a weary smile, happy to see that she was alright.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 2:19 am

Rane quickly met Taiju just off the porch and wrapped her arms around him as tight as she could. She didn't let go until Joey asked them to move back into the house.
"I'm fine, as you seem to be as well." She said as she pulled away, glanced him over and started to head back into the house.
Damien ushered everyone inside, glad to see that everyone was in one piece. Whatever happened to bring them back had brought back their friends too, and as much as she would have missed them, it didn't seem like a good thing.

Once everyone was inside Damien shut the door and pointed for them to sit down in her rather large living room, she had plenty of room for everyone to sit.

"I don't understand what is going on. If you all have returned to your homes, why are we here? This is not our home.. And where is THIS?" Rane quickly asked once they were all sitting. She was pretty on edge and wasn't convinced of their safety.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:10 pm

Taiju embraced Rane tightly, relieved she was well, and only let go when they were ushered into the house. He took a seat beside her, making no effort to hide his protectiveness or tension.

Kerian managed a certain amount of poise as she took a seat in an empty chair. "It is strange," she agreed. "This was never mentioned in the prophecy--it should not have happened."

"It shouldn't have happened regardless of what the damn scroll says," Taiju said tightly.

Joey ran both hands through his hair, pacing rather than sitting. "I don't know," he said. "I blacked out as soon as we killed him, woke up in my living room with a swordsman on my floor. The date hasn't changed, and nothing else seems wrong . . ."

"Could it be something else? Some other sort of prophecy thing?" Zakuro asked from where she sat on the floor in front of the couch.

"Zevran made no mention of it, nor his replacement," Kerian said with a short shake of her head.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:34 pm

"This is strange.. I was almost convinced it was all a bad dream. But the clothes and scars are all here, and I feel like it all happened..." Jack nodded in agreement, placing his hand on his abdomen where his biggest and deepest scar from the other world remained.

"Well the prophecy says that were to slay the dragon, then I guess.. Get sent back home the same way we were sent to Orlain in the first place.." Damien thought aloud, shrugging her shoulders where she was sitting. "Maybe they just got caught in it since they were so close by?"

"Does that mean we don't get to go back?" Rane asked, worry still etched on her face.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 5:46 pm

"Certainly there must be some way back," Kerian insisted. "If we were sent here in the first place, there must be a way to return, just as the four of you did."

"I don't know how we'd go about finding it, though," Joey sighed, finally standing still. "Magic doesn't work here, not like it did in Orlain. We can't just open up a portal and throw you back through. I'm not even sure how it happened in the first place."

"So we are trapped," Taiju confirmed.

"Maybe. For now. I have no idea."

Zakuro took a deep breath. "There has to be something," she said. "We'll figure it out. We figured the rest of it out."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:00 pm

"Doesn't work here??" Rane questioned Joey, looking down at the palm of her hands. She had felt different since she woke up on Damien's floor, but she assumed it was from the travel, or whatever you would call it. She reached over and touched the bare skin of Taiju's hand to see if she could feel his energy like she could before. And there was nothing. Just the feeling of his skin against hers.
Her pale eyes widened in shock and fear as she quickly pulled her hand away and looked at it again. "I can't...." Healing and magic was all she ever knew, it was her whole life. She based every fiber of who she was on what she could do to help others. She felt so powerless, and not like she had when she was sick, but completely powerless. When they had all gotten sick and her ability had vanished for a while she still felt the spark of it being there, but now there was just nothing. Her heart raced as tears filled her eyes. River had always been a part of her, even after he died, and he was gone too.

Jack frowned and looked down at his own hands. He had grown fond of his power to control metals, but he could tell it was gone too. And Jayce also seemed to be absent. While he knew that was a good thing, he felt empty with out him.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm

"No, it's--different rules here. Science and tech, not magic." Joey finally flopped down in an empty chair. "Useful, but not quite magic."

"I wondered," Kerian murmured. "I did not feel the usual--aura, I suppose. The connection. It puts us at a serious disadvantage."

"Well," Joey said, "at least you're not likely to need it. Not quite as many roadside bandits here, mostly."

"Then what do you suggest we do?" Taiju asked, sliding his hand over to grip Rane's reassuringly. "We cannot stay here, but we have no choice."

"For now? Blend in, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Rane gripped Taiju's hand and wiped away her tears on the back of the other. She took a long and deep breath, trying to steady her nerves.
"Blend in? How do we do that?" She asked, her voice soft and a bit more steady now.

"The same way we did in your world..." Damien answered, sighing lightly. "You are all welcome to stay here with me. I don't have parents who would question and I have a big house..."

"But Joey's right. There aren't dangers here like you are used to. Laws are much more strict and with more people, they usually aren't crossed as often." Jack mentioned with a lighter tone, trying to lighten the mood a little. "We can help you all adjust, and I am sure something will work out sooner or later.."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 6:47 pm

"We'll find some clothes and figure out what to do. First off, I wouldn't recommend carrying swords around--people don't tend to take to that well around here." Joey tried to smile, but the expression fell flat. "We'll get that sorted, I suppose. Since all of you can stay here, we'll sort out our own things--god, this'll be a mess with school and work and parents . . ."

"Well," Zakuro said, getting to her feet, "maybe we should do clothes first? I might have some stuff that'll fit Rane."

"I can see what I've got, or just hit Wal-Mart for cheap stuff. Um . . ." Joey sighed again. "Yeah, I guess those are our options. I should probably change, too. Get a haircut before Dad notices."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 7:13 pm

"Yeah, lets get everyone into normal looking clothes then we can go shopping for the rest," Damien nodded. "A hot shower sounds so nice..."

"Something I have will probably fit Taiju better, so Joey if you can drop me back off at my house on your way I'll get cleaned up and pick up a couple things.. Then meet back here." Jack nodded and stood up.

"Yeah, you three should stay here while we gather things up. Better to not be out and about until we get you settled in and looking more normal.." Damien added. She pushed her hair back out of her eyes, and looked at Zakuro, "why don't you gather what clothes you think might work and come back like Jack is."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:27 am

Zakuro nodded her agreement with Damien's suggestion and got to her feet. "I've got some stuff that was always a bit too big for me," she said.

"And then we'll get to work sorting this out, if we can," Joey said with another short sigh. "Alright. Back to my car, since I'm the chauffeur. I figure I'll have a shower and pack up some stuff before I come back, too. Get a haircut tonight, probably, when we're not all freaking the hell out about this." He groped in his pocket for his keys and turned back to the door. "Come along, children."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 1:44 am

Jack smiled widely and stood up to fallow behind Joey, leaning forward to whack him lightly on the back on his head. "I'm older then you shorty," He laughed, jogging ahead and out the door so Joey couldn't strike back.
Damien smiled and shook her head lightly at the boys. It had been such a long time since she had seen a relaxed attitude on any of them.

Rane watched the three of them leave again and sighed heavily, still trying to keep herself calm. She leaned into Taiju and closed her eyes, glad that everyone was here at least.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:07 am

Joey couldn't help a laugh as he swatted at Jack as the other boy ran by. "Screw off," he said without venom. In spite of the seriousness of the situation, and the knowledge they weren't truly free yet, he felt lighter just by being home. Things were halfway to being better.

--

They all returned about an hour later, freshly showered and dressed in modern clothing for the first time in over a year. Joey felt slightly awkward in his worn t-shirt and jeans, too accustomed to heavy cloaks and rough tunics. Zakuro carried a plastic bag of old jeans and blouses for both Kerian and Rane's perusal, as well as a couple extra hairbrushes and other toiletries.

"Hopefully this'll work," she said with an apologetic smile as she brought the clothes over to Kerian and Rane. "It's not a lot. We'll do better later, when we have time."

Kerian nodded absently. "I'm certain it is fine," she said as she peeked into the bag. "Given our circumstances."

Taiju had taken to pacing the room, usually keeping close to Rane. He eyed the clothing the others wore, looking skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:23 am

Jack had taken a shower and replaced nearly all his face piercings with fresh ones. His clothes consisted of jeans with a couple chains on the sides, a black hoodie hiding his band t-shirt and a rough looking, worn and torn denim vest with a few patches on it over his hoodie. He brought some of his more normal, less worn clothes, for Taiju. Considering he was more muscular then when he was last in these clothes, they were a bit tighter then usual. It didn't matter too much since he had always worn loose clothes before. Jack had also shaved for the first time in a long time.

While they were gone Damien had showered and changed as well, cutting her silver hair back a little so it didn't hang in her blue eyes so much, and feeling much more comfortable in her normal clothes. Though, compared to how she dressed before, she wore more modest clothing.

"I have two bathrooms, so Taiju you can use the one down the hall, and Rane and Kerian you can use the upstairs ones," She smiled, pointing toward the hall, then the stairs.

Rane grabbed the clothes that Zakuro had gathered for her and looked at Kerian, "is it alright if I go first?"

Jack plopped back down on the couch, rubbing his hair free chin, it was a strange feeling now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:30 am

"I can wait awhile longer," Kerian said with a nod, refolding a soft, dark pair of jeans and a plain long-sleeved blouse that seemed like they would fit.

Taiju took the offered clothes from Jack with a raised eyebrow. "Your fashions are strange," he remarked, looking at the unmarked red t-shirt.

"Yeah, well, it's what we have." Joey laughed a little. "We got used to what you guys wore, so you can do the same."

Taiju looked doubtful as he wandered away to the bathroom.

Joey looked at Damien critically for a moment. "You cut your hair," he said, gesturing a bit at his bangs. "Looks good. Any chance I could get you to do mine? I don't trust myself with scissors near the back of my head . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:47 am

Rane headed off to the bathroom she was directed too, quietly looking at the clothes she was given as she went.

Damien's face lit up when Joey asked if she could cut his hair, "sure I can. Though I gotta say you're longer hair was growing on me," she laughed lightly. "I can cut it now in the kitchen if you want."

Jack reached up and grabbed the tip of his hair, the ends were barely black any more and it was so long that he could see it plainly when he pulled on it.

"You want me to cut yours too Jack?" Damien asked whens he saw him looking at his hair.

"Nah, I kinda like it like this," he shook his head, letting his bangs fall back onto his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:53 am

"Ah, please," Joey said with a note of relief. "Sorry, but the length is getting old and I don't feel like taking care of it on top of the fact that someone is going to notice." He ran his hand back through his hair, pulling out the old band that kept it tied as he went.

"Shame," Zakuro sighed. She sat on the couch and propped her chin in her hand as she glanced at Jack. "Yours is okay, though. I'm glad you're leaving it."

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 3:01 am

Damien just smiled at Joey and moved off to the kitchen, pulling out a chair from the table and grabbing some scissors from the drawer.
"Alright, how short do you want it? Just like it was before or did you have something else in mind?" She asked, motioning for him to take a seat.

Jack grinned at Zakuro, "oh you do?" He asked, "maybe I should just go bald then..." His tone sounded like he was serious, but the goofy smile on his face said otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Joey sat in the chair and tilted his head back. "Like it was is fine," he said, letting out a contented breath as he relaxed into his seat. He was silent for a moment, before cracking open his eyes to look at the ceiling.

"Does it feel weird to be home?" he asked. "It's sort of strange. I mean, I'm glad to be back, but we were in Orlain for over a year in that time."

"No!" Zakuro protested immediately. "You wouldn't dare."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:47 pm

Damien grabbed a comb off the kitchen counter that she was using earlier and started to comb through Joey's thick hair. She didn't pause in her work when he spoke.
"In a way, yeah. But at the same time, I put so much energy into wanting to come back and thinking about what it would be like to be back that I almost expected it? I suppose?" She started cutting at his hair, taking off little bits at a time.
"But I didn't expect for everything to be as we left it. I expected time to pass and people to forget about us.. So it is relaxing to know that we didn't go missing. But at the same time, strange, strange to be relaxed..."

Jack laughed at Zakuro's reaction, "I dunno! I kinda like the idea of having no hair to mess with."
He reached over and poked her in the softness of her side. "Would you leave me?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 10:55 pm

"Yeah. I wouldn't know how to explain it if we'd come back a year later. Can't exactly say, 'Well, just popped off to an alternate dimension for a little bit, sorry about that.'" Joey closed his eyes again, relaxing into the feeling of Damien's hands in his hair. "But now we have to deal with the others. Still not sure what to do there, other than keep them out of sight."

Zakuro made a strangled yelping noise and wiggled away from Jack. "I might!" she replied. "Especially if you keep doing that!" She laughed and reached over to swat him on the shoulder.

Kerian watched the two in silence, amused by their banter. An hour and a half home, and they seemed happier already.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:06 pm

Damien nodded as she clipped away at his brown hair, letting it fall to the kitchen floor. "I'm sure we will figure it out. We always do some how." She paused for a minute, running hr fingers through the locks before continuing again.

Jack laughed and wrapped his arm around Zak and brought her close to him. "Well, I wouldn't want that to happen." He momentarily thought about how care free he suddenly felt now that they were home. But he knew that wasn't the only reason. Jayce's absence was a huge relief of it's own.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Joey hummed contentedly. He wondered if he could convince Damien to do this more often. "I'm sure we will, too," he said. "Doesn't make the process any more enjoyable, though. But, at least we don't have any giant dragons or deranged elves to deal with this time. Just trying to get everyone home, somehow."

Zakuro laughed and said nothing else, relaxing against Jack.

A minute later, the door to the bathroom down the hall opened. Taiju came back into the room, dressed in jeans and a red t-shirt that stretched tight across his torso, looking incredibly uncomfortable. He carried his old clothes tucked under his arm and his sword belt in his hand.

"Your fashions are strange," he complained again as he sat back down in a chair. He figured he wouldn't mention the brief fight with the zipper of his jeans.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:32 pm

"It's shocking for them, I know how they feel... But I have to say I am going to miss them once we do get everything back to normal," Damien spoke quietly, almost seeming as if she didn't want to find a way to send them back. After just a couple more snips with the scissors she took a step back and proclaimed "all done." She had done her best to get his hair cut back to the way it was before, maybe a tad bit longer cause it had been so long since he had seen it short.

"To us, your fashions were strange. But we will find something that suits you a little better at the store," Jack smiled, waving his hand dismissively toward Taiju. "Give it some time and keep a open mind."

Rane emerged from the bathroom and descended down the stairs toward the group. Her hair was still wet from the shower so it remained upbraided and her clothes, bow and quiver full of arrows she carried at her side. Her clothes were simple since they were from Zakuro, and a little tight. A purple t-shirt with normal jeans which, she stumbled slightly from. She was used to dresses with a thin bloomers (lol) underneath.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 11:45 pm

"Me, too," Joey agreed quietly. When Damien proclaimed the haircut finished, he stood and ruffled his hair with both hands, shaking free the loose bits and feeling the length. "Wow, this is short. Thank you, though." He glanced down at the floor, littered with curls of hair. "Um, if you get me a broom, I'll deal with the . . . carnage."

Taiju opened his mouth to retort to Jack, but was distracted by Rane's arrival. He looked at her for a minute, quietly taking in the clinging t-shirt and the hip-hugging jeans, before turning his head to hide the flush roiling up his neck and face.

Kerian cast Taiju a knowing smile before standing. "I suppose it is my turn, then," she said before heading for the bathroom. "Try not to hurt yourselves in my absence."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:00 am

Damien smiled and grabbed a broom and dust pan from the closet and handed them to Joey. She starred down at the hair as he swept it up. "That poor poor hair. It never stood a chance.." She put her back to the kitchen counter before lifting herself up and sitting on it.

Rane noticed Taiju turn red and look away and she couldn't help but blush herself. She felt as if she was waring nothing. "When will we be able to get better fitting clothes?" She asked, tugging on the bottom of the shirt, feeling like it was hiking up.

"I'm sure we can go once everyone is ready, you look fine," Jack smiled, only glancing at Rane and noticing her blush. Then he looked at Taiju and noticed his and grinned again. "Awww you two are just so adorable!!!" He shouted playfully.

Rane's cheeks got even hotter and she looked away from the group, wrapping her arms around her middle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 18 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: