Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Orlain     - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 am

"Of course it didn't, not with a crazy woman wielding scissors at it." Joey smiled over at Damien to show he was teasing as he swept up the floor.

"I am not adorable," Taiju seethed, glaring at the wall rather than the actual offenders. It was hardly his fault that he already found Rane attractive, or that most women's fashions in Orlain left significantly more to the imagination.

Zakuro laughed. "That's mostly how clothes fit, Rane," she said. "It's pretty normal. We might find something a little bigger, since that's one of my old shirts, but it won't fit right if it's too loose."
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:35 am

Damien made a fake crazy laugh, "so crazy, I'm a murdering crazy woman with scissors!!" Then she giggled her normal, light laugh and went back to watching Joey sweep.

Jack just laughed quietly to himself as Zakuro just tired to reassure Rane. The blonde didn't respond for a moment before quickly turning to walk out to front door to take a seat on the porch stairs. Her heart was racing from the embarrassment, she felt like a hussy.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:52 am

Joey laughed and dumped the dust pan into the garbage. "Thank you, though. It does feel a little better having it cut back." He set aside the broom and moved over to where Damien was sitting, casually leaning in and placing his hands on the counter on either side of her. "

Taiju frowned, his blush and embarrassment immediately fading in the face of Rane's distress. He started to get to his feet, but Zakuro was already ahead of him.

"Sorry," she said, already going to the door. "Um, maybe we pushed that a bit far--lemme talk to her, Taiju."

He didn't seem pleased, but begrudgingly sat back down.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:05 am

"You are welcome, my dear. I am just glad you trusted me to do it," Damien smiled sweetly, reaching out and putting her arms on top of Joey's shoulders, linking her hands behind his head.

Jack watched Zakuro leave to talk to Rane and sighed lightly, "I'm sorry. I take jokes too far a lot. I'm sure she is just having a hard time adjusting..." He was very sincere in his apology.

Rane sat on the top porch step, taking deep breaths to calm herself down. Her blush had faded away into the cool air, but she pulled uncomfortably at her shirt.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:22 am

"Well, you seemed to do well enough with yours, so . . ." Joey shrugged casually. "Besides, you've probably saved my life a hundred times in the past year. I can probably trust you with a pair of scissors and hair that grows back obscenely fast."

Taiju shook his head and scrubbed his hand through his hair. "I think I understand how you must have felt before," he said. "Nothing matches. I didn't think it would be this distressing, though."

"Hey . . ." Zakuro said slowly, closing the door behind her. "Um, I'm sorry. We didn't mean to make you uncomfortable. Just teasing, you know?" She shifted uncomfortably on the porch, not yet daring to sit beside Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:31 am

Damien smiled again, admiring her work on Joey's head before pulling him a little and kissing him firmly on his lips before he could say more. When she felt this good, it was hard not to kiss him.

Jack nodded lightly, "trust me, I know how you feel. It's a huge change and a huge scare. Never knowing if you will get to go home is the worst. At least you don't have to train from skratch to fight a all powerful evil rulers, and have the fate of a hole country on your shoulders. . . " He sat forward and looked at the ground. "It's a huge relief for us to be home because we know what to expect in this world. High school, friends, family, then college or getting a job. But, for me at least, I almost miss Orlain... I had gotten used to that life too..."

Rane glanced back at the black haired girl, "oh no, Zak, it's fine." She took another breath and looked forward again. "I understand that you were teasing, I just.... I just don't know what to do. I'm frightened and trying to keep myself composed seems to be making it worse..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:44 am

Joey made no protest, kissing her back for a long moment before ducking away and lovingly tucking his face against the side of her neck.

"Much as I hate to interrupt this," he said, "I think we've left everyone else to their own devices long enough. I've definitely heard the door go a couple times, and we've still got a bunch of warriors sitting in your living room." He pressed a kiss to the dip behind Damien's ear before reluctantly pulling back.

Taiju slouched into the chair that he thought was overstuffed and too lavish, thinking quietly. "Everything seems more complex," he said. "A step up for us rather than down for you. Nothing here seems similar. I can't imagine adjusting."

"Yeah, I understand that," Zakuro said, finally giving in and sitting. She reached out a hand halfway before remembering her old mental powers would do nothing here. "You'll get used to it, though. It just takes some time. We did it, after all, and you have all of us."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 1:58 am

Damien groaned in dismay when Joey mentioned heading back into the living room. "They are adults, they can handle them selves," she mumbled, pulling him back in close to her and kissing him again, a hand on the back of his head.

"Well, you had magic that we had to take a step up to learn... And we have science." Jack said at length after a moment of thought. "but yeah, you guys will have a bigger adjustment... And I really don't see any way to get you back home with out magic to be honest..."

Rane nodded to Zakuro, "you are right. I am very thankful to have all of you here. And to be honest, I don't know what we were going to do once you four were sent home... I had no plan..." She bit her lip lightly, "but I think... I think not being able to heal is the hardest part. What am I good for now?" She looked back at her friend, her pale blue eyes questioning. The time that the group had spent together Rane felt like out of the girls, she had become closest to Zakuro since she had spent so much time teaching her about healing and medicine.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:10 am

Joey rolled his eyes and went along, standing between Damien's knees and resting his hands on her hips for another few seconds. Then he disengaged again, trying to give a stern look but failing.

"We really should, though," he said. "If not because we have 'responsibilities,' then because I don't feel like listening to Jack makes jokes about us getting it on in the kitchen."

Taiju didn't respond, closing his eyes as he absorbed Jack's words. Admittedly, he saw no way home, either. Magic was what sent them here, but they could not use it to return. Either someone on the other side would have to know--which seemed unlikely--or they would have to find a miracle.

"You aren't useless," Zakuro said instantly. "You know how to heal without magic, too, remember? Besides, you don't need to be amazing and 'useful' to be around us. Don't worry about that, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 am

Damien laughed, hanging onto Joey so he couldn't get away. "Alright, if we have to..." She frowned, sticking her lip out. She kissed his jaw, still trying to convince him to stay there with her.

Jack thought about what Damien and Joey were doing so long in the kitchen, cutting his hair shouldn't have taken that long. He smiled to himself and decided to keep his mouth shut this time. Even though it was so tempting.

"But what will I do?" Rane asked quickly, "what happens now? Do we just try to blend into your world? Do we just pretend we are normal? And I am so confused about about normal is." She was flustered and confused as she had been since the moment they woke up here.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:32 am

"We'll have time later, once we get this all sorted out," Joey promised with a soft laugh. "Especially since I intend to get a proper date now that we're back home and not running for our lives. C'mon, let's get this sorted first and then we can goof off all we want."

"Well, I don't really know. For now, I guess yeah, you would try to just blend in. Once we get you better clothes and everything . . ." Zakuro bit her lip and looked out toward the street, across the well-maintained pathways. "Stay here with Damien for awhile while we try to work this out, try to stay out of the way a bit."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:49 am

"A date!?" Damien cried happily, excitement filling her eyes. "It's been a long time since a gentlemen has taken me out on a proper date!" She left Joey go and hoped off the counter, quickly grabbing his hand to wrap into hers.
Damien had a lot of boyfriends in the past before they had gown to Orlain, but none had treated her too well.

Rane sighed deeply, "alright. I guess I will just do my best..." She rubbed her face with her hands, trying to rub off the stress.
"Thanks Zakuro.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:52 am

"Well, I'm hardly a gentleman, but yeah. Once this settles. I hate to think we've been dating for months without actually doing what the term implies." Joey gave Damien's hand a squeeze before leading the way out to the living room. Her excitement was already rubbing off on him--he was happy to see her so ecstatic about the idea.

"We'll get this figured out," Zakuro promised before standing again. "Sooner or later, even if it takes us awhile. Come on, we should go get ready so we can get everything else we need."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 am

"You're more of a gentlemen then anyone else I have ever dated. But it sounds like a lot of fun." Damien added ending just as they walked back into the living room.

"Did you guys use a condom?" Jack asked as they came back in, "you know you got to be safe..."

Nodding, Rane stood up and turned to head back into the house, pulling on her shirt again.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:07 am

Joey's immediate response was to flip off Jack with his free hand, and otherwise ignore the other boy's presence. "So are we about ready to go?" he asked, surveying the rest of the room. "Since I assume I'm chauffeuring everyone around some more." He glanced about as Kerian came down the hall, clean and dressed, looking more comfortable in her clothing than the others generally did, with her damp hair tied back.

"I think so," Zakuro said, following behind Rane. She eyed Rane tugging at the hem of her shirt. "We'll find something looser," she promised.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:20 am

Jack just chuckled to himself, even after Damien whacked him in the back of the head as she went.

Rane sat down next to Taiju, grabbing his hand for comfort and smiling at him warmly.
"I'm as ready as I can be," she told Joey with a slight nod.

"Good, this will be a lot of fun!" Damien said firmly, not going to let anything get her down.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:26 am

"Ooh, yes, I have so much fun at the store even when I'm not worried about half my party," Joey remarked blithely. He made a quick head count and winced. "Ah--someone else has to drive, too. My little sedan can't fit us all."

Taiju grasped Rane's hand tightly, for both their comfort. "Are you alright?" he murmured to her, still concerned about her behavior earlier.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Jack didn't know how to drive, and he didn't have a car so he just looked over toward Damien once it was noticed that they would need another car.
"Shopping is a lot of fun, and I will drive too," Damien quickly said, "I love shopping for clothes and doing it with friends makes it way more fun."

Rane nodded to Taiju, keeping her warm smile, "I will be alright, just need to get used to the clothing mostly... I feel like I am showing too much.." She tugged at her shirt again, feeling it hike. "It will take time."

"Hate to tell you guys, but I am flat broke. As much as I would like to help pay for their clothes I can't," Jack sighed, not proud of the fact that he was the poorest one of the four of them.

"It's alright Jack, I don't mind paying for all of it. I don't have anything else to use my money on," Damien shrugged.

"Oh in that case, my skate board went missing...."

Damien just laughed, knowing Jack was joking.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 am

Kerian made an uncomfortable expression. "Are you certain?" she asked Damien. "That seems like a lot of money to be spending . . ."

"Well, we need to make you guys blend in comfortably," Joey said, sliding his keys from his pocket as he led the way out of the house. "Besides, you took care of all of us for over a year, so it's more like returning the favor."

"Still," Kerian protested. "You have to allow us to pay back the debt somehow."

Taiju smiled faintly. "If it's any reassurance, I think you're just as beautiful as you were before," he murmured to Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:45 am

"Don't worry about it Kerian, I have more money then I know what to do with it, I would love to spend it on you guys," Damien said happily as she grabbed her keys off the small table next to the couch. "Consider it a gift, so I would be offended if you tried to pay me back."

Rane was still not used to Taiju giving her compliments and blushed again. But it was a happy blush.
"You think so?" She asked, glancing at her clothes and then back to him.

Jack got up to leave with the group, walking up behind Zakuro and wrapping his arms around her from behind.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 am

Kerian frowned, obviously not content with Damien's argument, but also unwilling to push the point any further. She was silent as they left the house, instead returning her attention to their surroundings.

"Of course," Taiju murmured, pressing a kiss to the side of Rane's head. "You hardly have to worry about that."

Zakuro swallowed down a yelp as she felt Jack grab her mid-stride. "Jaaaack," she whined, thumping her head back against his shoulder. "I can't walk when you do that."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:07 am

"Really Kerian, it's not going to make me any worse for ware," Damien insisted, heading outside to get into her white jeep.

Jack laughed and just kissed Zakuro on the cheek before letting her go again, all but her hand that is. He kept a hold of her hand and headed out the door.

Rane didn't know how to respond, she just leaned into Taiju lovingly before pulling away again.
"We should get moving," She laughed lightly, turning to fallow the rest of the group out.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:14 am

"It is just not in my nature to leave debts like that," Kerian groused, but she let the argument hang as she followed Damien to her car.

"We're going with Joey," Zakuro decided immediately, pulling Jack to head toward the familiar blue car.

"Ugh, why," Joey deadpanned.

Taiju laughed and nodded. "Fair enough, he agreed. He glanced between the two vehicles, decided there was probably slightly more space riding with Damien, and headed that way.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:25 am

"Just pay me back by being my friend," Damien added to finish up the topic as she climbed into her jeep and turned it on.

Jack laughed as he was pulled by his girlfriend to his best friends car. He climbed into the back with her and wrapped one arm around her, not even buckling up. He was so happy to be a carefree teenager again.

Rane carefully got into the back of Damien's jeep, very confused about the whole thing. Damien instructed them how to put on their seat belts and why before starting the car and waiting for Joey to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:36 am

"Put your seatbelt on," Joey said, angling his rearview mirror to look at Jack. "I refuse to get a ticket because you're being a dumbass."

He glanced out the window as he carefully pulled his car out of the drive to lead the way to the nearest department store. "Whoops," he said mildly. "Damien has to deal with everyone who's never ridden in a car."

Zakuro laughed. "That'll be fun," she said.

"Yeah, Taiju did not like my car much."

Speaking of, Taiju was visibly tense as he took a seat in the back of the jeep and fumbled with his seatbelt. If he had his way, he would not have to deal with vehicles ever again, but had no choice in the matter. Kerian was rather nonplussed about the entire ordeal.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 am

Jack groaned loudly, "OKAY MOM." He pulled on his seat belt and then leaned back into Zakuro.

Damien smiled at Kerian in the front seat as they pulled away, " you are taking this all really well," she noticed.

Rane quickly grabbed Taiju's hand when the car started moving, watching out the window in awe, the other hand on the belt over her chest.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 2:54 am

"Wouldn't have to act like your mother if you'd just do stuff without being told," Joey muttered as he flipped through a few songs on the stereo.

Kerian smiled faintly. "It's all very different," she said, "but it's also very interesting. The technology here is so much different from what little we have. I can see how you all adapted without the use of magic. Let alone the differences in culture . . ."

"Seems like a good way to get killed," Taiju said, staring resolutely out the window.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:06 am

Jack glared at the back of Joey's head for a moment, though playfully. He stuck his finger into his mouth getting as wet as possible as fast as possible and quickly shoved it into Joey's ear, laughing and pulling away quickly.

"Well I am glad someone is taking it well," Damien said proudly, she glanced at Rane in Taiju in the rear view mirror and noticed them both tense and looking out the window.
"Don't be scared, I'm a good driver, think of it like riding in a carriage."

That idea actually did make Rane relax a little, "but there is no horse.."

"Nope, and no way for a horse to have a mind of it's own and do something stupid.. Just me."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:12 am

Joey managed to get his hand up in time to try to stop Jack, but only succeeded in diverting the blow, ending with being smacked in the head instead. "Jesus fucking--you're disgusting! And while I'm driving? Are you trying to make me kill us all?"

"Quit flirting, boys," Zakuro said, propping her chin in her hand to look out the window.

Taiju did relax at Damien's reassurance, but only slightly. He still seemed uncomfortable in the car. "At least I have some understanding of how a horse thinks," he countered. "Rather than whatever this is."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 am

Jack just laughed like it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. He wiped his hand off on his pants and let out a long, happy sigh.
"But I am just so in love with Joseph!" He proclaimed, "sorry honey guess I'm gay now!"

Rane was more relaxed as they drove on, starting to be in awe of everything else around them as they drove through the city. It was so big and busy.

"I enjoy driving a car over riding a horse anyway. Much more comfortable and less work to take care of," Damien though aloud.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 pm

"Sorry, I think that's going to be a bit unrequited," Joey said with a shake of his head. "I just don't love you that way. Far, far too straight for that."

Zakuro started laughing so hard she had to lean on the window for support.

"It does seem that way," Kerian agreed, casting a look around the inside of the vehicle. "It's--more or less automatic? I can't tell, but just having something that does not tire or need feeding would make a world of difference."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Jack laughed a little before dramatically putting his hand over his heart and leaning back in his seat, "OH MY HEART. WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME JOSEPH. WHYYYY!" He cried dramatically, pretending to cry. But then he suddenly snapped out of it, as if he realized something. "Nah, you are too nerdy, not my type. I like them smart, beautiful, talented and a good sense of humor.. Which we all know you have no humor at all.." He winked at Zakuro, smiling widely again.

"Yeah, very automatic. You have to pay for gas, to make it run so like hay for horses I guess. They do break down and need to me fixed every now and then. But still, much much less maintenance then a horse. Plus they can go a lot faster. But Joey is a good boy and goes the speed limit," Damien teased, pointing a head of them at Joey's car leading the way, keeping her from speeding like she normally did.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 pm

"And what a gosh-darn shame that is." Joey glanced up in the mirror again, smirking, before returning his attention to the road so he could make a turn into a parking lot. "I wonder how I'll ever make do. If only I had a perfectly lovely girlfriend, one who doesn't even try to get me killed while I'm driving . . ."

Zakuro grinned back at Jack, amused by the banter.

Kerian glanced ahead at the blue sedan cruising at an acceptable speed. "Well, if it is a law, it is probably good that he's stopping you," she said with more than a trace of amusement in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:07 am

Jack leaned over and kissed Zakuro on the temple when the car stopped, before he unbuckled his seat belt and went to get out.

Damien stopped her jeep next Joey's car and hopped out after turning it off. She smiled at everyone, while waiting for the seven of them gather up so they could head into the store. She glanced around the parking lot, happy to be home and happy to have some normality, no matter how strange it felt.

Rane carefully got out og the jeep, tugging on her shirt again and before looking at the huge building in awe.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:24 am

Joey got out of the car and locked the doors, looked over at the front doors to the mall, and groaned softly.

"Oh, god," he sighed. "We're going to have a fun time here today, aren't we . . ."

Taiju looked immediately relieved to be out of the car, but he seemed less than excited by the people trickling in and out of the  sprawling building. "A market?" he asked.

"Kinda," Zakuro interjected before Joey could say anything. "There's lots of stores here and stuff, but you don't really call it a market. It'll probably be kinda busy, since it's still the afternoon somehow."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:37 am

"Just make sure to stick together and we will be fine," Jack stated, putting his hands on his hips. He was excited because there was a tattoo shop in the mall that he wanted to stop by while they were there. He had a fresh idea for a new tattoo.

Damien grabbed Joey by the hand, and pulled him to head the way into the mall.

Rane glanced at Taiju and fallowed in, looking to find clothes that fit her better. Once they got inside and were surrounded by other people she instinctively moved closer to him, feeling safer closer to him. She just watched everyone around them, trying to figure out everything as quickly as possible as the group moved through the mall into the clothing store.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:56 am

Joey laughed a little as he was dragged along behind Damien.

Taiju slipped an arm around Rane's waist and tugged her close without a thought. He visibly tensed as they crossed the parking lot and entered the mall, gradually becoming surrounded by more and more people. "Crowded," he remarked dryly.

Kerian was silent, looking around at the crowds with an expression of mild fascination. People in various styles of dress and with wildly colored and varying hair styles ambled between shops and along the wide corridors, many of them forced far too close for comfort by the limited space.

"Here," Zakuro said eventually, stopping in front of a shop. "We should be able to find some stuff here without too much problem."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:09 am

"Girls and guys should split up and we will get more done faster," Damien agreed once they were in the store. Mens and Womens were on the opposite sides. "But I will pay for it so make sure to grab anything and everything you want, specially if it makes you feel more comfortable." 

Jack nodded once, thinking they had the easy job since there was only one guy they had to find clothes for. But then again, girls enjoyed shopping. Jack didn't mind it too much, but he didn't go very often since he didn't have much money.

Rane reluctantly let go of Taiju to go with the other girls. She trusted them to find her clothes, but convincing herself that this world was safe was easier said then done. And she didn't feel safe with out him next to her side.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Joey nodded absently, glancing around the store. He had a feeling he would be absolutely useless during this venture as anything more than a cabbie. He glanced around at the displays nearest him, wondering how expensive everything would be if he looked at the tags.

Taiju swallowed his frustration as he moved away from Rane to follow Joey and Jack into the aisles on the other side. There were too many people here for him to feel perfectly safe in splitting up the group, no matter how reassured the others were.

"Well!" Zakuro said to the small group of women, far more excited than most of the others seemed to be, "this should be fun! I haven't gotten to go out like this in awhile with other people."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Damien nodded, in equal excitement. "We will find something that makes you feel comfortable Rane."
Rane smiled lightly, rubbing her arm, "thank you."
Then Damien looked back at Zakuro, "we have a lot of work ahead of us."

Jack wandered through the clothes for a moment before stopping in front of the jeans.
"I don't suppose you know what size you are?" He asked Taiju, glancing over at him. "Maybe a just a bit bigger then me..."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Zakuro blew out a breath. "Yeah, we do," she said. "But it should be interesting." She paused to look at a rack of modest blouses, flipping through them. "And since girls' clothes never make any sense for sizes, it'll probably take forever . . ."

Kerian looked at a rack of tight-fitting tank tops. "This is common clothing?" she asked, a note of disbelief in her tone.

"Oh, heh, yeah. When it's summer, it's cooler to wear stuff like that. I guess it makes sense not to be used to it."

"The forest was temperate even when it was summer," Kerian murmured. "Long sleeves were usually fine."

--

"Um, no," Taiju replied, eying the jeans warily. "Clothes were typically tailored to fit. How is anyone expected to find something that fits properly this way?"

"You don't," Joey said drily. "You sort of guess. But we can guess and check until we find something."

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:30 pm

With in a few hours they had found enough clothes to make the new comers a good wardrobe. When Damien bought all of it, as it got close to closing time, the total was nearly a thousands dollars but she didn't bat an eye, but tried to hide the total from her friends so they wouldn't feel bad.
Loading the boys up with moutains of bag Damien finished cashing out and motioning for everyone to leave.
"I am so glad to have found everyone a good amount of clothes. We don't know how long you are going to be here, but we need to be prepared." She smiled widely. She loved buying things for people that mattered to her. And with the way her friends were, she didn't get to do it all that often.

"Thank you," Rane smiled, her mood a little better as she became more used to the way this world was. She could tell how relaxed the 4 were, and that made her feel a bit better. It was just so much to get used to.

Jack looked over the pile of paper bags he held in his arms, watching where he was walking to make sure not to bump into anyone.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 pm

Taiju looked into a bag of clothing he was carrying, still a bit doubting as to whether he could wear them long-term. The borrowed clothes he was in now were still uncomfortable, the denim rough against his skin in a way he was unaccustomed to.

"Thank you," Kerian said honestly, smiling warmly at Damien. "We would be lost if you did not help us."

"Well, of course," Zakuro said with a shrug.

"It's only day one," Joey sighed. "We'll have a lot more to do, but we can worry tomorrow about it. Probably more important to finish resting and getting set up now."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:08 am

"For how much you have all helped us and kept us alive, it is the least I can do." Damien smiled back at Kerian. As they walked out into the huge parking lot there were not nearly as many cars there as there was when they arrived. Most likely because it was around 7 in the evening an beginning to get darker, though not yet dark.
Jack was a bit bummed that he didn't get to go to the tattoo shop and get his new tattoo done. But it would be there tomorrow.
They stuffed their new bags into the two cars, a little more in Joey's trunk since jeeps didn't have much in the way of storage.

"Yeah, we need to settle in more, get you guys a home base before we deal with everything else," Damien agreed. "Like I said before it would be best for you all to stay with me since I live alone and have extra rooms."

"Wish I could stay with you too.." Jack mumbled, thinking about trying to explain everything to his father. If he was even awake anymore. He was usually passed out by 6.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 am

"Same," Joey said. "But--ah, hell, school starts again tomorrow. Dad wouldn't really go for letting me stay out on a school night. Not that that's really my biggest concern right now, but . . ."

Zakuro threw her head back and groaned at the evening sky. "Dang, you're right. We're going to have to work around all that somehow. What are you guys supposed to do when we're gone? We can't just run off and skip or somebody's going to notice."

"We are capable of taking care of ourselves," Taiju said mildly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 am

"I can skip a few times with out anyone noticing," Jack stated, "I have a lot actually." Which was the truth. For how often Jack skipped school, it was a wonder that he didn't get held back.

"Well let's get set up fro tonight and worry about the rest later," Damien stifled a long yawn, "I am tried."

Rane nodded in agreement, "I must admit, I am growing a bit tired, though it feels early."

"It's been a long day," Jack agreed, "let's just head back to the house for now."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:34 am

"Right," Joey groaned, ruffling his hair as he took his keys from his pocket. "Everyone pile in, and I guess we'll figure this shit out soon. I hope we ca get you buys back soon. Governments don't take well to people appearing out of nowhere."

Zakuro giggled wearily. "That's true," she said as she slid into the passenger's seat of Joey's car. "I'm sure it'll be okay. We'll manage it."

Taiju remained quiet. At this point, he wanted nothing more than sleep, too.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:48 am

Damien got into her jeep and started it up, looking back to see who would fallow. Jack decided to sit with Damien, since Zakuro had chose to ride with Joey.
Rane pulled Taiju to ride with Joey, his car seemed safer. And that left Kerian to ride with Damien again.

Another short drive later, they returned back to Damien's house and quickly unpacked the bag again. Damien showed her friends the spare rooms. She had three rooms that went unused in her house, but told Rane and Taiju to feel free to room together if it made them feel better.
"Just come back down stairs to eat, once you figure everything out." Damien said as she came back down the stairs, leaving the three upstairs to rejoin Joey, Zak and Jack downstairs.
She sighed lightly, "what do we do about them?" She asked quietly.
"I was guessing to just try and stay low until something happens..." Jack shrugged, sitting on the arm of the couch.
"What if nothing ever happens? What if them coming here with us was a mistake and they can't go home?" Damien dared to ask.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:59 am

Joey, who had immediately sprawled across the entire sofa and claimed it as his own upon entering the house, shrugged. "I don't know," he murmured, turning his head to speak without being muffled. "Without magic or anything to work with, I can't figure out how we're supposed to look into returning them. All I can think is that someone on the other side will notice and try to get them back, except . . ."

"Who's going to look?" Zakuro asked, finishing the thought. She slouched in her chair. "And that only works if they can get some sort of portal working. I thought we only got there because of the prophecy thing."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 am

"That's what I am worried about..." Damien agreed. She walked over to the couch and threatened to sit on Joey.

"We have to try to think of something..." Jack sighed, trying to think of something to do.
"Wait.. did you say eat?" He asked, looking back up. "I'm starving."

Damien laughed lightly, "yeah I ordered some pizza. It will be here soon."

Jack made a over dramatic excited expression," oh my god pizza is going to taste so GOOD!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 19 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 19 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: