Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Demon      - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:46 am

Devon blew out a long, slow breath. "He's fine now, I think," she said. "I don't know exactly what the argument was and I'm not going to ask." She tilted her head to the side, feeling the vertebrae in her neck crackle as she tried to think of how to word what she wanted to stay. "As far as I can tell--you know how we have to burn off energy sometimes, run around as wolves to keep sane? It'd been awhile since he did something similar, I guess, so things escalated a lot more than they should have. In any case, it's all settled for now and nobody's dead."
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:51 am

Colt listen quietly, thinking about what little she heard of the argument. It wasn't much, Zeke had gotten her out of there pretty quick. Then it hit her. Drake was absent this whole day. Even now she couldn't smell him in the house.
"Well I'm glad he's calmed down now... Where has Drake been?" She was concerned for Drake. He had been like a brother to her for a few years as she grew up with Zach and him with Galaxy, even if they didn't act like it now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:55 am

Devon's sharp intake of breath gave her away before she could speak. For a couple of blissful hours, she hadn't thought of Drake's absence. The fake hunt with Vincent had done a wonderful job of distracting her from her problems, coupled with the less-pleasant event of coming to Colt's and Zeke's rescue, but this jerked her straight back into reality.

"Gone," she said shortly. "He's gone. Left early this morning when everyone was asleep. It has something to do with his father and the demon realm, that's all I know. He wouldn't tell me what he was doing, but he had to go alone."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:40 pm

Colt went silent for a moment and looked down at her hands. She wondered what it was that Drake had to do and why they couldn't come along as well. It was probably because she was too weak to be of any help anymore.
"Oh.." She said finally, "when is he coming back- He's coming back right?"
Devon had saved them tonight, but would they be alright with out Drake? He was a big part is protecting them and helping Devon with everything she did for the group.
She silently decided she would do what she could to help pick up the slack and give Devon a break.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:02 pm

"He said he would, eventually," Devon answered quietly. "Though I don't know when. I told him to try to keep in contact, so hopefully we'll hear from him sooner rather than later. All we can really do right now is go about our lives and wait." The thought of sitting around doing nothing while Drake did something potentially stupid and dangerous made her jaw clench, but there was nothing she could do. She would just have to carry on as normal until something happened.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Colt nodded quietly and seemed as if she wouldn't say anything else and let Devon leave. But once again she stopped her, "Devon... Would you mind possibly re-training me? It's been a long time since I have hunt or done anything close to defending myself.. And tonights events reminded me how important it is to stay sharp..." She trailed off a bit, looking down at her arm. She was nearly useless compared to Devon and if she hadn't called her when she did her and Zeke would have been dead. "Zeke said something about wanting to train as well."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:21 pm

Devon turned back in the doorway, regarding Colt for a silent moment. "Yeah," she eventually said. "Once that's healed up enough, we'll start retraining. Zeke, too." She liked to think she could protect them well enough, but the sad truth of it was that she was one woman and couldn't be everywhere at once. In this line of work, everyone involved needed to be prepared.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:48 pm

"Thank you," Colt said with a small smile as she watched Devon finally leave the room. She looked back down at her bandages and silently hoped Zeke would come back. She liked having him around just for the comfort, but she didn't want to sound clingy. She already felt like she might be a little too much. It still amazed her how one guy could make her feel so much better just by being in the same room.

Vincent came out of his room again, dressed like he normally would be and stopped Devon with a short smile.
"I am still sorry for what happened earlier. But I think you know that..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:55 pm

"And I'll just keep telling you it's okay," Devon said with a weary smile. She picked up a pair of leather gloves from the table and pulled them on, then reached for her coat and a small box nearby. She kept speaking as she carefully pulled the silver bullets from her coat pocket and deposited them in the box. "It sort of comes with living with a bunch of second-tier demons. I'm just waiting for Ronnie to try hitting me so everyone really will have come at me."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:13 pm

"Just say something to make him angry if you want it to happen that badly," Vincent laughed lightly, watching Devon handle the silver bullets.
"Has Colt attacked you too?" He questioned raising a brow. He folded his arms over his chest lightly. "I could help you with those if you like."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:25 pm

"With Villie," Devon said, then coughed lightly, figuring that should be explanation. "And no, I've got it, but thanks. I keep stocks of silver myself, so I do this all the time." She dropped the last of the bullets into the box, then rethought it and pulled one back out so she could look at it closely. "I don't like the sound of liquid silver, though . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:38 pm

Vincent's smile fell for just a moment at the mention of Villie. But when the subject was changed his mood lightened again. "Is that what is in there," Vincent questioned, leaning in to get a better look at the bullet.
"How do you make silver into a liquid without heating it up?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:49 pm

"I couldn't tell you," Devon said, holding the bullet up to the light and squinting. "Silver nitrate? No, that wouldn't work, it's not pure enough to kill. It's a . . . salt or something, just silver molecules, and it'd have to be mixed with water to be liquid, so it'd be pretty useless." She huffed. "I don't know. I never liked chemistry. I just know not to put silver in my body and a little bit of how it works with bullets. I'd have to ask around about these."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:13 pm

"I once had a friend that was very intelligent in the way of weapons, I would say we could ask him. But I do not think he is alive anymore," Vincent stated, having not much else to say. "He was gifted, so there is a chance that he is still alive. I could try to contact him if you like," he offered, even though it was a long shot.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:23 pm

"Well, if you think it's worth a shot," Devon answered, finally dropping the bullet back in the box and stripping off her gloves. Even with gloves, handling silver too long made her hands start to numb. "If not, I can find someone. But thank you in advance."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Vincent smiled and nodded, "anything that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to let me know." He turned around to head back to his room, "for right now I have to try and patch things over with Ronnie."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:02 pm

"Probably a good idea." Devon smiled and dropped her gloves on top of the box, all to be dealt with later, and picked up her coat again. "Good luck. Lemme know if you need anything so tonight doesn't happen again, and take this with you." She tossed her coat at him as he turned around, smirking.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 pm

Vincent turned back just in time to catch Devon's coat, "I will be sure to fix it up nicely," he smiled before continuing into his room. He figured he could have a conversation with Ronnie now, and he expected things to get smoothed over like they usually did. But in reality Ronnie was very serious about staying behind and not letting Vincent not let him age anymore.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:30 pm

After those hectic two days, the peaceful two weeks to follow were a godsend. Drake's absence weighed heavily on everyone's minds. Devon would spend all night hunting one night, then stay in the next, then only be gone for a couple hours the day after, holding no particular schedule. She enjoyed hunting by herself to some extent, but it was much more enjoyable to have a companion that didn't need to be trained. There was more work to be done for the entire group without him as well, though she said nothing and did her best to do everything without relying on the others.

The night after the timely rescue, Devon began training Zeke and Colt again. She used no weapons for now, instead focusing on hand-to-hand combat and how they could best defend themselves. Colt was easier to work with, but Zeke seemed to struggle. He didn't once complain though, even when Devon knocked him to the ground three times in a row relentless. He refused to be put in such a helpless position again, and soon was picking up the techniques and being thrown slightly less often.

The peace was broken after those two weeks during a routine training session. Devon was outside with Colt and Zeke, watching as she had them spar (gently) with each other. She inspected her coat sleeve briefly (still unsure how Vincent managed to fix her coat so well that she could barely find the stitches) when she heard as sudden shriek from the direction of town. She lifted her head and listened, and more cries soon followed—sounds of pain and fear. She frowned, listening, then zipped her coat shut.

“We need to see what's happening,” she said to the other two.

Zeke immediately stopped at the sound, stumbling and barely catching himself before he could hit the ground. The suddenness with which Devon determined they had to go was almost as concerning as the sounds themselves.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 9:51 pm

Colt stopped quickly, skidding a little in the dirt, and looking up toward the sound. Instead of fear, excitement hit her. It was the same feeling that she used to get when she should hunt with Zach in the past. But then she grew worried for the innocent people. Along with training with Devon, Colt had been taking extra time to just go for runs in her wolf form. She was determined to gain more muscle and have her old speed, agility and stamina back. It felt good to just be in her wolf form nearly every morning. And sometimes she would run farther then she meant to.
"Right," Colt nodded before quickly fallowing Devon. Colt was never a leader, and she knew she never could be. She always had someone directing her in her life. And while some people considered it a bad thing she did mind. Though Zach was a bit different then Devon, she was still a great leader in Colt's eyes, and she was glad to have her around.

In the time that past Vincent spent a lot of time trying to convince Ronnie that he was wrong, but the human just seemed to disappear from the house more and more, leaving the vampire to hunt him down and stop hi from doing anything stupid. And Ronnie was always doing something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Devon led the way, running toward the sound of the commotion with Zeke and Colt following closely behind. The screams grew louder as they approached, and soon gunfire joined the panicked screams. Devon unconsciously reached for her own handguns as she went, growing more worried about what they would find.

The sight was nothing that she expected.

In the middle of a ruined street, amongst overturned cars and several unconscious or dead humans, a humanoid figure tore through a rank of policemen, sending one flying and another collapsing in apparent agony. Though the features were roughly human, the figure was clearly anything but, standing close to seven feet in height with dark, purple-red skin and thick, glossy black scales that covered his bare arms and back. He gave an inhuman snarl and batted away another policeman that came toward him.

Devon froze. This was unlike any demon she'd seen before.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 10:16 pm

Colt came to a fast halt behind Devon, watching the demon take down humans so easily. Her excitement instantly turned to fear.
"What is that!?" She asked in shock. She had seen a fair share of weird demons in the short time she was a hunter, but never anything like this.
Before Devon could answer her she heard the cry of a small child toward the monster. She swiftly changed into her wolf form and bolted toward the crying child. She grabbed him by the back of his shirt and yanked him out of of some fall debris and quickly set the kid down out of harms way before returning to the other two, hoping the demon hadn't seen her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:03 am

The demon lashed out and the remaining officers flew back as though shoved by an unseen force. He turned toward a flash of movement, a red-black wolf carrying a child in its teeth.

"Stay out of the way, Zeke!" Devon demanded. Zeke nodded and immediately backed away, instead running to help the officers nearest him.

Devon stepped up onto the crumpled wreckage of an overturned. She fired two shots that glanced off the demon's plate scales, and the demon turned to look at her. A smile came over his face.

"Interesting," he said in a deep, gravelly voice. "I didn't think I'd draw a hunter in so quickly."

"Yeah, you lucked out," Devon said, keeping both guns trained on him. "What are you doing here? Third-tiers never show up in the human realm like this."

He shrugged. "I was called," he answered. He twisted as he turned to raise his hand. Devon managed another two shots that skipped his shoulders before she was bodily thrown backward. She hit the ground and tumbled, her guns knocked from her hands.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Colt watched Devon's bullets hit the demon and just bounce off. If bullets couldn't get through, she didn't know what could. She ran at the demon, not sure what else to do. She came toward his back, aiming to jump on him and distract him from Devon so she could get up, and try to find a weak spot.
She tried to dig her claws in to see if she could manage to some how get them under his scales, growling, and unsure of what else to do. She tried to pay enough attention to him that she could dodge his attacks.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Devon pushed herself up on her hands and shook her head sharply. She was on her feet again quickly, scrambling for her lost weapons as Colt distracted the demon.

The demon snarled and swiped at Colt, gouging at her with his claws. Though the scales on his back and arms were strong, there was still plenty of exposed flesh on the front of his body that he was determined to protect.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Colt did her best to stay on the demons back, jumping out of the way of his claws. During one of his quick, twisting movements to try and claw her she slipped off his back ad fell onto the ground next to his feet. She was barely able to catch herself. Ears laid back she ran between his legs and kept running to get far enough away from him that he might stop attacking her and focus on someone else. She jumped onto the stop of a car to see if Devon had gotten her guns yet and if Zeke was alright, taking her eyes off the demon for just a moment.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:23 pm

The demon started to run after Colt, not about to let her get away. As he was raising his hand to for another force attack, Devon managed a clear shot. Three bullets sank into his chest and shoulder, and he roared and stumbled back.

"Who the hell would call you here?" Devon demanded, advancing on the demon and shooting him again, this one finding his shin. He snarled and knelt, pained. "Why the hell would you even listen? People have seen this now--do you have any idea how we're going to cover this up?"

The demon smirked, kneeling on the ground. "It's not my problem," he said.

"Why are you here?"

"Like he said, I called him," a new voice interjected. Devon looked up to see a man, a plain human, walking carelessly through the clutter. He looked far too clean to be standing among the wreckage of the street, dressed in a charcoal suit with a crisp white shirt and a light blue tie that offset the grey of his eyes. His hair was a shock of white, straight and neatly combed forward. He clasped his hands behind his back as he walked forward, giving a cheerful smile that contrasted the tired lines around his eyes.

Devon turned one pistol on him. Immediately, the demon surged forward, putting himself between Devon and the unnamed human.

"Who are you, then?" she asked warily.

"It's of no matter." When the demon tensed as though to attack, the man put up his hand. "No, Saizel, that's not necessary."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Colt watched the new human and the demon talk with Devon from a bit further away. She was angled a bit, and so could probably get to the human if she ran fast enough. And she had a feeling that this guy meant a lot more harm then just a few cops and civilians. Seeing this as her only opportunity and not thinking about the consequences of it, Colt darted forward as quickly and quickly as she could. She ran straight for the human then jumped, aiming to land on top of him, claws out and teeth bared.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:41 pm

The demon saw Colt coming and whipped around to face her, lashing out to throw her back with a burst of psychic energy.

The man made a "tsk" noise. "Nobody else has to die today," he said. "Not until I say so, anyway. Trust me, I have more than him at my disposal. If you cease threatening me, I'll let you go."

"You've already killed two dozen people," Devon hissed.

He held up his hands in calm defense. There were decorated, circular tattoos on his palms, but Devon couldn't see them well from where she was. "Let's not make it more, then," he said.

Devon slowly lowered her gun. "Then what was the point of this?"

"To make a statement. To see who would react. You're not the first hunter to come out here; he was the first." The man gestured lazily to a male in a brown parka lying crumpled on the ground a few feet away.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Colt was tossed back away from the demon and the human. She flew about 20 feet before slamming to the ground and tumbling over a few times. When she finally skidded to a stop she laid still for a moment before slowly standing back up and shaking herself off. When she looked back up the human had motioned to another hunter.
What were they supposed to do?
"What statement?" She asked, her wolfy lips and mouth unmoving. Talking in your wolf form was a talent that not all werewolves could do. She mastered it cause she loved being in her wolf form. She was sure Devon could do it too since she was so talented.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 pm

"Oh! A werewolf! How delightful." He clapped his hands together in front of him. "I should have seen you sooner. And let me guess, you're a werewolf, too? And that one there's a vampire." He pointed at Devon, then Zeke, who was slowly picking his way closer to the gathering. "Interesting. I didn't realize there were so many others here.

"As for your question," he continued, shrugging and holding his hands out to the sides, "I just want people to know that it's starting."

"What's starting?" Devon demanded.

He just smiled conspiratorially.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Colt silently wished Drake was here to help. He had been a hunter longer then any of them, he would know what to do. Colt slowly started to creep close to them, stopping whenever she was looked at. She had to figure something out to be helpful. She watched Devon, deciding that if she made a move she would too.
"You're just a human... And a weak one by the looks of it... How do you know about demons? How do you know what we are?" Colt asked, stopping when she was about as close as Devon was to them, but on the other side.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:15 pm

"I have my ways." The human nonchalantly checked his wristwatch. "Well, this has been absolutely charming, but I have other places to be. You know how it is. Come along, Saizel."

"Not really." Devon raised her gun, but Saizel was in her shot again, baring his fangs.

"Yes, well, it does not change the fact that I have somewhere else to be now." Saizel placed his hand on the man's shoulder, and the human smirked. "Before I go--Thanos is my name, though I certainly hope we don't meet again."

"No--" Devon rushed forward to stop him, but both disappeared into thin air with a sound like the crack of a whip. The destroyed street was empty, and soon the sound of sirens filled the air. "Shit. We need to go."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Colt looked behind her to see cop cars and ambulances coming toward them. She laid her ears back and quickly ran in the direction they originally came, tail lowered in fear. She hated cops and doctors of any kind. And what she hated more what having to be feared and hated for what she was.
But she was quick to get away from the commotion. While she could run faster then Zeke in this form she was sure to stick by him as they ran.
"What do you think that guy is going to do?" Colt asked Devon when they were finally out of eyesight of anything in the city. "How could a human control such a powerful demon?" Worry was etched deeply into her voice.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 pm

"I don't know," Devon said, rubbing the back of her neck and tilting her head back to look up at the sky. She swore softly. "I have no idea what's going on. Saizel's a dick, so I can't imagine him working with that guy willingly. Jesus Christ, this is going to be all over the news . . ."

"What makes that demon so special?" Zeke asked, jogging to keep pace with Devon's long strides.

"Third-tier demons are extremely powerful and usually very old. They usually don't care about what goes on on Earth. For one to show up, with a human, and cause that much destruction is unheard of. His name was Saizel, right?" Zeke nodded. "I need to look him up. We have to have a couple books on older demons lying around . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:48 pm

"Vincent is pretty old, maybe he will know something." Colt suggested,watching the ground for a moment. If Vincent had heard Colt call him old he would have told her that he wasn't old, that everyone was just too young.
"This whole things just sees so odd.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:55 pm

"I'll ask him," Devon agreed with a nod. "If nothing else, maybe he can point us in the right direction . . ." She ran her hands back through her hair. "Fuuuuck. This is going to get so bad, so soon."

-----

Thanos and Saizel reappeared outside a high-end building complex. Thanos dismissed Saizel for the time being, then quietly made his way toward the top floor, where his own sprawling apartment waited. Today had gone quite well, he thought. He hadn't anticipated two hunters finding him, but that was no matter. Perhaps that would help the word spread just a little quicker. He had power and everyone would soon know about it.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:13 pm

Soon the three of them were back home and Colt shifted back into normal form. Her bangs were messy from the change so she kept herself busy with fixing them for a moment.

Vincent greeted them with a warm smile when they came inside, "how did training go?"

-----

When Thanos entered into his apartment Villie had already beat him there. This humans power quickly interested the power hungry vampire. He sat in a chair when the human came in, in his usual fancy garb and a sly smile on his face. His fangs were always visible and his red eyes were immediately fixed on Thanos. He seemed as if he was waiting there all day, but he wasn't.
"Welcome home," he chimed to Thanos as if he was his friend.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:21 pm

"Miserably. There was a commotion in town--some third-tier demon was killing people in town, destroying everything--have you heard the name Saizel before?" Devon didn't waste time with pleasantries, immediately shucking her coat and setting it on the table with her guns. Her movements were quick and tense--as soon as she figured a few things out, she needed to run or ride or something.

Zeke hung back, unsure what he could do, having no knowledge to contribute.

-----

Thanos paused in the doorway, seeing a stranger perched cheerfully in his favorite armchair. He eyed Villie warily, running a fingertip along a small stretch of the markings on his hand before beginning to pull off off his suit jacket.

"Hello," he said slowly. The word came out as much a question as it did a greeting.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 pm

Vincent blinked in shock a few times, taking a moment to take in what happened. He brought a hand up to his hairless chin.
"I have heard that name before, though I am not very familiar with all demons..." He trailed off a bit, moving off into his room, leaving his door open as he went.

Colt fallowed Vincent with her eyes and looked into his room, not even thinking about it. She saw Ronnie hunched on the ground, holding his gut like he was in pain. Vincent gave his friend a short glance like it was normal and came back out with a large book. The binding was leather, old and falling apart. The pages were dusty and hand written, some with drawings as well.
"I knew I might need this some day," he smiled as he handed the 15 pound book to Devon. "You could try looking in this book, it once belonged to my brother, who took it off the corpse of a very old demon, but I took it so he could not gain more power with it."

-----

"I think you should be a little more afraid, even all your demons could not kill me.." Villie said lightly as he stood up out of the chair. He crossed his arm over his chest and took a couple steps away from Thanos and toward a window.
"Why don't you tell me how it is that you can summon such powerful demons as if they are dogs."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Devon took the book and immediately set it on the table, flipping through the pages quickly and growing more impatient with each one. Finally, the name "Saizel" jumped out at her in curly script and she stopped, skimming the page.

"It's what I thought, then," she said, hanging her head as she leaned with her hands on the table. "Very old, powerful demon, and he's following some human guy around like a fucking puppy. Why? Is it an alliance, or can he really control them . . ."

-----

"I'm more curious as to how you got into my apartment and why you're threatening me," Thanos replied, raising a light brow. He draped his coat over the back of a different chair and moved toward the lavish kitchen, where a rack held several bottles of fine liquor on the counter.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:49 pm

Colt and Vincent both grimaced at the same time.
"Try checking the back of the book. There is some information about how and why some demons get types of powers. This is why William had the book," Vincent suggested lightly.

----

"How about you answer my question first and then I will answer two of yours," Villie suggested, turning around to face the human again. Killing him seemed so much easier. But he had to see what he knew and what he was trying to do first.
"Did someone give you this ability? Or maybe you are a fake and some one is controlling you as well? I would really love to have answer... There is a possibility that I could help you down this path of destruction."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Devon flipped to the back of the book. There was a section entitled "Summoning," but it was painfully short. It gave some details and diagrams on what were now very old rituals for calling and controlling powerful demons. Devon scoffed.

"This kind of thing doesn't work," she said, snapping the book shut. "That much I do know. If people could control demons like those with chalk lines and rosemary, there would be a lot more of it going on. There's some very limited power to such rituals, but there's no way it can work that well . . ." Or could it? No, it couldn't. That was simply ridiculous.

-----

"I am under the control of no one, and nobody 'gave' me my power," Thanos replied smoothly. He chose an older bottle of whiskey and filled a glass with ice cubes. As he poured the whiskey over the ice, he continued. "And I can't imagine really needing your help. I'm in league with much more than simple vampires."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:08 am

"Maybe, but it is all we have to go on," Colt mentioned lightly. She could tell that Devon was pretty frustrated over this whole thing. She personally was just worried.
"I wish I had more information for you. Third-tier demons do not usually come to the mortal world." Vincent added as well, "I have never heard of something like this happening before."

-----

Villie narrowed his eyes at the human, at this rate he was going to have a hard time controlling his temper.
"Do I look like a simple vampire to you? Are you really that stupid? Surely you can't be if you know what a third-tier demon is and what destruction is can do to this tiny world.." Villie hissed his words. When Thanos blinked next Villie was suddenly gone, vanishing from his spot and appearing behind him. Faster then a flash he grabbed both of his wrists with a iron grip and held them at his sides so he could not summon a demon.
"No, not a simple vampire. I am what humans fear when you speak of vampires. I am the oldest and strongest living vampire. Not even a wolfs bit can kill me..." He growled into his ear. "I can control millions of other vampires with just a thought. And I can also control those two mutts and their friend that you encountered earlier today.... So how about you tell me what I want to know, and I will agree to help you, just for funzies.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 am

Devon slouched down in a chair, rubbing her temple with the tips of her fingers. "News is going to break about the attack tonight," she said. "There's nothing we can do. The demon world at large might not be revealed right away, depending on how much people say, but they're going to be suspicious, if not flat out aware of what's happening. It's pretty hard to cover a seven-foot-tall purple man razing down an entire city block."

"Could we be in danger, then?" Zeke piped up. "I mean, that man knew what we all were just looking at us . . . Not everyone will know, of course, but if they start getting suspicious . . ."

-----

Thanos gasped as Villie seized his wrists, but resisted the urge to fight back. He could sense that was a fight that he would not win.

When Villie finished speaking, he swallowed, then defiantly raised his chin. Revealing fear to demons made them lose respect for you. "I'm raising an army," he said. "I discovered this power and I fully intend to use it. Simple once you know the basics. Just a matter of doing it right and they'll listen."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:42 am

Vincent frowned, "in all my years vampires and werewolves have been able to be kept as a myth. But this... If they do not discover us now, they will soon. And knowing humans, they will not trust a single one of us..." He crossed his arms and looked downward.

Colt moved a few feet across the room to get over to Zeke. The thought of being hunted down by scared humans scared her. She quickly wrapped her around Zeke's middle and berried her face in the front of his coat. They already moved so much thanks to Villie or other threats. She couldn't imagine running away from very body...

"We will just have to extra careful," Vincent finally added.

-----
Despite wanting to just kill Thanos Villie released his hands and moved away from him. As he walked he grabbed a bottle of liquor from the counter and inspected it carefully.
"Well, what are you raising an army for?" He asked as he read the label and made a disgusted face. This would not be strong enough.
"Planning to take over this pathetic world?" Villie looked back up now, his red eyes shining with excitement. "Why? What would be the point? Why not go for bigger and better? Why not the demon realm?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:54 am

Zeke folded his arms around Colt, resting his chin on top of her head. He didn't know what to say. The thought terrified him as well.

"We may have to move," Devon said. She leaned forward, the palms of her hands on her forehead, supporting her head. "Wait until tomorrow evening. If the news is bad, we'll need to get out of here, find somewhere that hasn't been attacked. They could start doing sweeps, looking for more demons . . . Jesus, how am I going to hunt if this breaks? All my income comes from bounties, and if everything goes to hell . . ."

She slouched her shoulders. Never had she wished so fervently to have Drake back, if only to have someone else to help her.

-----

Thanos reached for his abandoned glass of whiskey, choosing not to snap at this vampire for touching the bottles. He took a sip as he regarded Villie's offer. The demon realm was certainly a lofty ambition, one he had yet to consider--but if Villie was as powerful as he promised, and he combined those abilities with his own . . .

"Why should I trust you?" he asked, looking at the vampire over his whiskey glass. "I'd certainly be tempted to kill anyone who wanted to share my power if we got to that point."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:08 am

"It sounds like there is not much we can do to stop this..." Vincent mumbled, still looking at the ground.
Colt held Zeke a little tighter, she hated moving.
"Devon... Did Drake not say something about Chance having a way to control him for the reason behind him having to leave?" Vincent asked as he looked back up at her, his expression worrisome and saddened for her.
"Please tell me you have heard something from him.."
Drake hadn't contacted Devon yet, though he had tried many times.

-----

Villie set the bottle back down, "I would have to do the same. But I do not want to gain power at this moment, I have other plans of my own. But like I said, helping you would just be out of funzies and just the love for destruction in general. Since you can not wish to ever control me, when this is all over, I do intend to reap the benefits, and that isn't always power..." He smiled widely, showing his long fangs. It almost seemed as if they were sharpened.
"Just think not about trust, but about the fact that you need me, and I need you."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:16 am

"No," Devon said, not lifting her head. "I haven't heard anything from him since he left. I don't know if he even knows what happened tonight." She took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to clear her head.

"I guess, for now," she said after a moment, "all we can do is be prepared for whatever happens in the next few hours."

-----

Thanos quietly regarded Villie for a long moment, sipping again at his drink. He had no reason to trust this vampire, but the offer was far too tempting to simply allow to walk back out the door.

"Alright then," he said. "Consider it a deal."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 1:28 am

"Hopefully we will hear from Drake soon," Vincent nodded, agreeing with what Devon was saying. He decided to leave the book out for Devon in case she wanted any 'light' reading. But he had to go speak with Ronnie right for now.

"We should turn on the news," Colt said, finally bringing her face out of Zeke's coat. "Wait and see what happens I guess.."

-----

"Our alliance will be great," Villie smiled putting his hands out to each side of him. "My name is Villie, by the way. And I can tell you that possibly the only ones who can stop you would be the little group of pathetic beings you met today. My younger brother is with them. He himself is weak, but very sharp and could provide them with answers... Now tell me, can you control second-tier demons as well? And can you choose from any third-tier demon? Cause I know a few names that could serve you well." Villie was almost too excited about this whole thing. He hadn't had an opportunity like this in ages, and he wasn't going to let this one pass him up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: