Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Demon      - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:21 pm

Devon looked doubtful, but she nodded and turned to go back down the hallway. "Alright," she said. "If you're sure you're fine. We'll keep going."

-----

Thanos paused, smiled to himself, and folded his hands behind his back. He didn't follow immediately, letting himself revel in the praise from Spirus, before eventually trailing out of the room. He was sure to scuff the lines of the chalk circle before leaving the room, locking the door firmly behind him.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Colt just nodded with a short smile to reassure Devon that she was fine.
As they took to walking again the bad feeling crawled back up her spine and the smell of smoke became a bit thicker.

"Well, that honestly went better then I expected..." Villie mentioned as he headed out of the basement with Thanos. "This could be easier then I had thought." He couldn't help but grin slyly. "Now, I would love to be introduced to your little hunter pawns."

Spirus traveled up the steps onto the upper level where he felt like he wasn't underground anymore and let out a deep sigh. He glanced around lazily, feeling many demons around him. So this is what had been happening to all the more known demons. This was not what he had expected. He could tell that Thanos was weaker then he thought he was, and he didn't have much control over him. He wondered how it effected the other demons. Most probably wouldn't answer his questions. But it was worth a try.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:28 pm

Devon wrinkled her nose as the thick scent of smoke became steadily stronger. "What on earth is that?" she wondered aloud. "It's not fire, but it's starting to worry me. I have no idea what he's doing . . ."

--

Thanos glanced over at Villie. "Well, they don't seem all that open to guests," he mused, glancing up at the ceiling in affected thought. "But, if they haven't yet wandered off to somewhere they shouldn't, I'm sure it can be managed. I'd rather everyone know everyone else. Makes for such a simple work environment."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 11:47 pm

"It's almost getting hard to breath..." Colt mused lightly in agreement.

Vincent thought for a moment, looking toward the ground, his brow furrowed. "It must be some sort of demon. I don't know which one though..."

Spirus had snuck up onto the group, much quicker then should have been possible. He heard the group talking just before he turned a corner to the same hall they were in and paused. He glanced down at his never ending cigarette, wondering if he really made that much smoke. He shrugged his shoulders and turned around the corner, very quietly.
"You three... I think you aren't supposed to be here..." He said, not as if he was alerted, but more as if he was confused. Though the confusing could hardly be noticed beyond his monotone, tired voice.

Colt nearly jumped out of her skin, whipping around to look at the grey haired demon. He looked oddly familiar.

Vincent instinctively took a step back away from Spirus. He was not the strongest, and Spirus inspired fear in him instantly. Being so old, it was easy to tell how old Spirus was as well. Or at least guess.

----

Villie nodded, acting as if what Thanos said mattered to him at all. "What is your next step? I want to know if there is something I should do to be helpful, to cause..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:06 am

Devon whirled around to face the new demon, her hand automatically flying to her gun. When it seemed that the demon wouldn't attack--at least not immediately--she relaxed.

"We were sort of . . . conscripted," she said. "Only been here for about an hour and a half or so." She glanced over the demon, unsure what to make of him.

--

"Right now, I'm still gathering my forces. Sometimes hosting events in cities for attention." Thanos lifted his hand to hide a yawn. "There is little to do now, other than that. Soon I'll begin with the larger cities, move forward."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:14 am

Spirus managed a slight smirk, "no I mean... Aren't you supposed to be staying out of trouble?" His tone was a bit lighter now.
"What.." Colt asked, not even sure how to finish the sentence.
"Didn't Drake send you a letter telling you to stay low and out of trouble? I think I remember him saying he did..." He made a slight face, as if he was annoyed but still light. "He did say you had a way of not listening to anyone, girl." He motioned lightly to Devon with a nod of his head.

Vincent was shocked into silence, unsure of how to feel about a million something year old demon talking so nicely to them. And he knew Drake?

------

Villie gave one last nod, "my followers would be happy to help shed some blood," he grinned, showing his sharp teeth. "They have been asking me when it would be their turn, they are not very patient."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:21 am

Devon bristled. "Yeah, well, he doesn't get much of a say when I haven't seen him in months," she said. Then she narrowed her eyes, her hand again resting on her gun. "And who are you? Why do you know him or us?"

--

"Not long," Thanos assured, a thin smile pulling at his lips. "They'll have their fun soon enough." Though, he was admittedly unsure that he would trust a hoard of vampires running around his set-up. He would have to deal with that when the time came.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:37 am

Spirus glanced down at Devon's gun, "that is not always a good way to get answers, girl." He shook his head a little, "you would need a lot more then that to threaten me."
"So.. Can you please tell us who you are?" Colt asked lightly, trying another approach.
"My name is Spirus, keeper of the ninth gate, savior to many humans, right hand to Chance... And Drakes father.." He introduced himself, bowing slightly to the group. "You are Devon, Colt and Vincent. Drake has told me much of his would-be family."

"Ninth gate..." Vincent mumbled to himself, wondering out loud.

------

"Excellent, just give me the signal and they will come." Villie nodded, heading up a flight of stairs. He wouldn't admit that he wasn't excited to shed a little blood. He never stopped himself before, but he did hold himself back. Sometimes it wasn't worth killing so many food sources at once.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:45 am

"Really," Devon said. "Can you prove it, then? Given I've met some large handful of demons today all working for a guy who is, by all means, completely psychotic, I'm not really eager to believe you when you say that."

She did, however, lift her hand away from her gun, sensing there was little it would be able to do in the face of a very powerful third-tier.

--

Thanos nodded as they continued down the hallways. He could hear voices not too far off; it seemed Spirus had found their group after all.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:11 am

"Proof?" Spirus asked, a bit shocked. Being that Drake looked more like him then his human mother, he never thought he would be asked for proof. He thought for a moment before digging into his pocket and producing a small leather bracelet with a few stones on it and holding it out to Devon. It was a bracelet that Drake always wore, there was nothing special about it, but he had never taken it off before. It was broken now though, and stained with Drakes blood.
"I noticed that after Drake had a argument with Chance, I meant to give it back to him, but I forgot." He explained.

"Is that Drakes blood?" Colt asked, leaning in over Devon's shoulder to look at the bracelet.

"I was looking for Drake when I was summoned just now, and I need to send out a signal to him. He was helping me find out why all the stronger demons were vanishing and why Chance didn't care. He needs to know where I am. He can't stay in the demon realm with out me there to protect him." His tone was almost worry, the smoke coming from his cigarette seeming to get thicker, in a condensed area.

---------------

Villie noticed the voices as well, and wondered if Spirus knew who the hunters were. Or if they would know who he was. He couldn't wait to say hello to his pets though...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 am

Devon stared at the bracelet for a long moment, silent. "Is that where he is, then?" she asked quietly, holding out her hand for the bracelet. "I didn't get any of his letters for awhile--they all got stopped by someone--and he did a shit job explaining what he was doing before he left . . ."

She trailed off as something in her chest seized: a pang of loneliness and worry constricting her heart.

Before she could ask any more questions, she was interrupted by approaching footsteps. She jerked her head to to see a familiar white-suited figure at the end of the hallway, smiling pleasantly.

"I see everyone's getting along nicely," he said with a saccharine tone.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 am

Spirus looked back at Thanos and Villie as they approached the group, he shrugged lightly at his comment. "I'm a nice guy."

Colt was first to gasp and freeze up when her eyes met Villie and his red eyes instantly landed on her first. Her whole spine locked up in fear, for good reasons. Adding to that, the last time she saw him she had bitten him. He should be dead.

"William??" Vincent asked quickly in shock. "I should have known you would have your dirty claws in this whole thing." His purple eyes narrowed on his brother who just smiled pleasantly.

"Well Thanos, you didn't say anything about having a vampire as well..." Villie laughed, "brother I have missed you dearly!"

Vincent's hands rolled into fists, he knew he was lying. Though part of him wished he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:49 am

Devon stiffened, standing ramrod straight as she caught sight of Villie. She cursed herself for not catching the vampire's scent earlier; if she hadn't been so worried about news of Drake, she would have noticed the vampire coming sooner.

Thanos glanced between the group, his smile growing broader. "I didn't realize any of you knew each other!" he said. "Well, that just makes the whole thing easier, doesn't it?"

"We've met," Devon said acidly, her glare leveled at Villie.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:09 am

Spirus glanced between the group, but decided it was better to be silent.
He had known who Villie was, and he knew Vincent was related to him. But he hadn't known the girls had known him, or dealt with him. But it made sense.

"Oh yes. Vincent is my brother who I created myself..." Villie explained, "and this one I enjoy to threaten cause she is so feisty," he pointed at Devon with a sharp fingernail. "And this one is my pet, who I owe a punishment to for trying to kill me the last time I saw her," he narrowed his eyes, pointing at Colt.

A terrified squeak came from Colt and and took a step back away from the group, prepared to change into her wolf form and run if she had to. But Vincent took a protective step in front of his friend.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:16 am

Thanos' smile finally faltered. He took a step toward the middle of the group, trying to break the tension. "Come now," he said. "I expect everyone to get along here, yes? I didn't realize there was such animosity between the lot of you, but if you're all fighting on the first day, we're not going to get anything done."

"Somehow, Thanos, I'm not really worried about that," Devon said bitterly.

"I mean it."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 am

Villie seemed to enjoy this moment, and how the small group reacted.
"I will behave for now... But you must know that you don't have all of their little group right?" He asked Thanos.
"William..." Vincent growled, threatening his brother. They had left the other two behind to keep them safe. But Villie was out to ruin their lives every chance he got.
"There is a human, a vampire and a mix blood missing..." He stated, "all who could stand against you, or cause these three to lose focus..."

The thought of Zeke being threatened quickly snapped Colt out of her fear. But it was too late to stop Villie from telling about him and anger flushed over her like a hot wave. She changed into her wolf form and shoved roughly past Vincent, jumping at Villies throat.
Before anyone could react Spirus moved more quickly then the eye could see, catching Colt straight out of the air and pinned her down, roughly, but not enough to really hurt her.
"Calm down..." He muttered quietly, the smoke thickening again and traveling into her mouth and nose. Seconds after Colt inhaled the smoke she quit thrashing to get away and fell asleep, shifting back into her human form.

"Well... you were quick to defend..." Villie smiled, almost shocked.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 am

"They didn't come with us because they weren't of any use," Devon said with a roll of her eyes, turning her attention to Thanos. Her heart was hammering wildly, but she hoped Thanos would choose to listen. "A human kid and a fledgeling vampire who doesn't know how to control himself half the time--we never took them hunting for a reason." She risked a glance at Colt,torn between launching herself at Spirus and containing herself.

Thanos hummed quietly. "It does not matter," he said. "I have the ones I'm interested in, and I would much prefer it if we didn't start any other fights." He leveled a disapproving look at Villie. "I don't care what everyone's personal relationships are, but there will be consequences if I have to keep breaking up fights."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 am

Once Spirus was sure Colt was asleep he picked the girl up and handed her off to Vincent. But unlike Spirus, Vincent could barely carry the girl.
He reassured him that Colt was just asleep and shortly glared at Villie.

Villie was unfazed by both glares from Thanos and Spirus.
"This human is a lot more capable then you give him credit Devon. He has been around as long as we have... And the half bloo-"
"Is dead." Spirus interrupted Villie harshly, growing impatient. "He is dead. He was a threat to my kind as well and I killed him."
"I kind of doubt that-"
"Are you calling me a liar, boy.." Spirus growled, a another much larger and demonic voice behind his, threatening to harm him.
Villie crossed his arms, "fine... " Before more could be said the vampire vanished into a small shadow that swept across the room and vanished.

Spirus instantly returned to his calm state, puffing on his cigarette.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:15 am

Devon froze. She thought Spirus had just said Drake was fine, if alone in the demon world. Perhaps he was lying for Drake's sake, but then again, she hardly knew the man--

She forced her lungs to take a breath. She could discuss this later, when this confrontation was over.

"Come on," she said, clearing her throat. She stuffed the leather bracelet in her pocket, her fingers still tight around it. "Let's get Colt to bed. Will you come with us?" She looked to Spirus. "I want to ask some things."

Thanos watched the shadow sweep away, sighing softly. He would have to keep an eye on this group.

"Please try to avoid these confrontations in the future," he advised the others before turning away.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:28 am

Spirus watched Thanos turn to leave before nodding lightly to Devon. He knew she would want answers.
He followed after Vincent who followed after Devon with Colt in his arms. He hoped their friends would be safe. While Ronnie was capable to some extent, he was still only human.
They headed back to the same room they started in and Vincent laid Colt down gently on the couch, "what did you do to her?" He asked Spirus once he was no longer holding her. "She seems to be in a coma..." He couldn't help be worried, her heart beat was so low.

"In a way she is..." Spirus answered, "but after some rest she will wake up. Good as new."
"Thank you for stopping her.." He added. And Spirus only responded when a short nod. That was his job.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:35 am

"It could have been worse if she'd gotten to Villie," Devon agreed, picking an overstuffed chair and sitting down on the edge. She took off her glasses and rubbed her eyes. "God, I can't believe he's here. What are the odds that we'd be dealing with him and Thanos? God. I don't even know how we'll survive here at this point."

She took a deep breath in an attempt to regain some composure, fingering the bracelet through the fabric of her pants pocket.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:44 am

"I am sure you will survive..." Spirus said lowly before taking a deep breath. "I am sure you are wondering, and Drake is not dead. But he may be a key to helping at stopping this. Because he is only half demon I don't think Thanos could control him if he wanted to. But that would make him a threat..."

"Honestly, I do not think my brother believed you, even at the end," Vincent admitted. "I know William, and if he backed down he must have another plan."

"I don't doubt it. That vampire is nothing but a nuisance... But I would not kill my own son... "
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 3:58 am

"The fact that he's working with Thanos makes me worry," Devon confessed. "Thanos can't control those demons, not as well as he thinks he does, unless he's got something else going on. Villie probably thinks he's an idiot, but if he has a small army working behind him . . . Things can get a lot worse, very quickly, but I don't know exactly what he wants."

She paused for a long moment, her hands folded in front of her mouth, before her expression softened and she looked to Spirus. "How is he? Is he alright?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:13 am

"Last I saw him, he was fine. Maybe a bit tired," Spirus said firmly, "I have been sending out a signal so I am sure he has seen it and is on his way."

Vincent looked at the ground, thoughts racing through his head.

"Thanos does not have control over me, but I want to stay close to him to try and bring the other demons back. Some of these demons would cause chaos if left on earth. But I can feel him persuading me, and it's easy to persuade a demon to kill and destroy. It is in out nature..." Spirus explained, "I am sure Villie has his own reasons for supporting him. I believe Villie was the one who told Thanos how to summon me." He ran his hand back through his grey hair, "this is all a pain..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:08 pm

"Which definitely means Villie has his own agenda." Devon ran both hands back through her hair, catching her fingers on the elastic band of her ponytail. She pulled it out, letting her hair fall messily around her shoulders, before slumping forward again. "Makes sense, I guess. Thanos wants nothing less than for everyone to fear him and to have power, and that seems right up Villie's alley. 'Course, Villie's not really one to share, so this can't last very long."

She chuckled dryly. "This should end well."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:25 am

"Yes, I am sure my brother plans on killing Thanos," Vincent agreed, placing his hand on his chin as he thought. "He is likely using this to essentially unleash hell on earth. He would quickly gain a upper hand having an army of vampires behind him. And most demons aren't in it for power, but more basic, selfish reason."

Spirus raised a brow at the old vampire, wondering how he knew so much about demons. "It would be unlike a vampire to want to wipe out the food source though.."
Vincent just nodded in thought and agreement. Villie must have been planning something else. "Or maybe he isn't planning anything at all... I would not be surprised to find out he didn't have a plan and he is just trying to float to the top of whatever happens... William terrorizes because he enjoys it, and because he becomes board. He has even when he was human."

"So then, I can't do much with out risking the safety of the humans, what is your plan?" Spirus asked, looking at Devon.
"I doubt Thanos will wait much longer now that he has me."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Devon shrugged, her shoulders heavy with weariness. "I don't know at this point," she said. "I'd hoped to try to find information to take him down first, but he's messing with things I couldn't predict. None of us have been able to deal with Villie since we met him, and if he's getting information to summon demons like you, I'm not sure how to go about this without getting us killed.

"Besides," she added, sitting up straighter, "if we're right and these demons all have their own agendas, getting rid of Thanos won't do much. They'll still be here for their own reasons, and now that they're here, they probably wouldn't bother going back."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:41 pm

"Drake was helping me figure out a way to round up the demons... At least the more threatening ones," Spirus explained, crossing his arms over his chest. "I still don't have the kinks worked out, and I will need all the help I can get. But Thanos will need to be stopped first or he can just undo my work."

"What kind of help?" Vincent dared to ask, breaking out of his thought.

"This isn't the first time demons have been summoned to earth, and many years ago I built many transmitters that will basically transport them back to where they belong..." The grey haired demon explained lazily.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Devon lifted her head. "Where are they?" she asked. "How would we get them to work? If we could get those up and get rid of Thanos, we could finish this without many casualties."

She paused, then slumped back. "But I can guarantee it's not going to be all that simple, is it? Are they all broken? Stolen? Buried beneath a thousand years of ice in Antarctica?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:07 pm

"It's not simple.. It's been a few hundred years since they were last used. And there is parts missing because they can be used the other way around and bring demons here.." Spirus explained at length. He rubbed his eyes with his hand, trying to remember.
"There was a book I left with a vampire a few hundred years ago. It had all the details and also is the only book that contained the spell to summon me and a few other demons. It was written by the first vampire..." He sighed heavily, "and I have no idea where it is now, considering the vampire has been dead for a long time, and Villie might even have it..."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm

"Great. So it's basically one giant fetch quest, if we can even figure out where or how to get what we need." Devon tipped her head back on the chair and rubbed at her eyes again. "I guess we at least have a clue how to go about it, but I'm not sure it's going to be any easier than anything else we could think of."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:28 pm

"The place to start would be looking for the book," Spirus agreed. Sometimes he wished he was as simple as other demons, with no care for what happened to the humans. Humans were simple minded beings, not always good. But he admired that about them, and their will to live.

"Was the vampire who had this book named Damios? And was the book thick, with a red cover and written in blue ink?" Vincent asked suddenly, looking at Spirus now.

The demon blinked a few times in shock, "yes... How do you know this?"

Vincent gained a saddened expression, "Damios was my teacher. He taught me how to control myself and my powers... My brother killed him out of jealousy. And I believe I have the book at home..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:36 pm

"Wait. You have it?" Devon asked, immediately sitting up again. "Well, that's--remarkably convenient, all things considered. Can we get it?" Again, Devon assumed there would probably be a hundred and one complications preventing them from finding the book. Not only that, but they still had to actually fix the transmitters before they would be of any use. Still, if this first step was as simple as this . . .
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:11 pm

"If Thanos will allow us to leave, I can go and fetch it myself," Vincent smiled a little, glad that he was a bit of a book hoarder.

"We have to get it one way or another.." Spirus confirmed, "we can't wait long."

Colt started to stir lightly on the couch where she had been passed out, the effects of Spirus's smoke waring off. She groaned lightly, raising her hand to rub her head before she even opened her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:45 pm

"That might be a problem, but we'll figure it out," Devon said with a note of relief. "Thank god you came with us, or we'd be completely lost." She smiled at Vincent briefly.

The rustling of Colt's movements provided an excellent excuse for Devon to clear her throat and stand, going for one of the bottles of water Thanos had left and moving to the sofa where Colt lay.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 5:06 pm

Vincent couldn't help but smile proudly, as much as people thought he was useless, he loved to prove that he wasn't. And he knew Devon didn't think he was useless, but maybe just not as useful.

Colt groaned again and blinked rapidly, slowly starting to sit up. She looked at Devon and took the offered bottle of water, "what happened.." She asked, glancing around the room.

"I knocked you out before you could attack Villie.." Spirus explained lightly, "the fuzzyness should ware off soon."

After taking a drink of water she sighed deeply and moved to sit on the couch properly, "I'm sorry. That was stupid.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:24 am

"It was," Devon agreed, "but I don't really blame you. I was getting ready to attack him myself." She shook her head and perched on the arm of the couch that Colt occupied. "Keeping a working relationship with Thanos while Villie's around is going to be a challenge, to put it extremely lightly. We'll have to be careful."

She drummed her fingers on the couch. "We've got something of a plan," she continued. "We can't get started tonight--probably not even for a few days depending on how closely Thanos plans to watch us--but we something, at least."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 am

Colt rubbed her eyes roughly and took another drink. Her insides felt dry, as if he has fallen asleep years ago. "What's the plan?" She asked once she felt a little more refreshed.
"There is a book I own that will help us force all the demons back to where they came from, we have to get it, fallow what it says and kill Thanos." Vincent explained this as if it would be a piece of cake, though they all knew it couldn't be.

"If I can get out long enough to stop Drake from being seen by Thanos, I can send him to get the book... It may be the safest bet," Spirus offered with a slow shrug. "Thanos will know if any of you leave, I am sure he will have demons watching you. He probably thinks I am watching you right not. But I would like to see him spy on me.."

Colt listened for a moment, "I almost forgot about Drake..."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:41 am

"In all likelihood, it will have to be someone who isn't us," Devon said, with a weary nod of agreement. "But it'll have to get to us eventually, and we'll have to carry all this out without Thanos realizing. It may take awhile. We can't sit in his house while we wait for Drake or someone else to carry out the rest of it."

Granted, Devon thought privately, she wasn't even sure she wanted Drake to get involved. Not that she would be ungrateful for help, but there was so much potential for things to go wrong even without him--and she was unsure of what would happen when she saw him again.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:52 am

"Yes, but at least Drake can get the book to us first, so we can be sure to read it and set up a plan before we might give ourselves away..." Spirus agreed, as much as he didn't want to have to sneak around, he would have to for now. He couldn't fight back with out causing too much damage to the world around him.

"How far away do you think Drake is? And We have no idea where we are in comparison to our house," the vampire added, wondering how long it would take.

"I think we a roughly a day away from your home. But I'm only guess off the smell you all give off... And I think Drake should be a day away or less, as long as he does what I told him to. But he was having a hard time taping into his demonic powers... I think more of he didn't want to then he couldn't... So if he can't do that then he is a month away..."

"A month!?" Colt exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:01 am

Devon dropped her head. "So we either have a day, a month, or any indeterminate amount of time in between," she concluded. "Well, that's wonderful. I guess we'll at least have some time to plan, and work with Thanos, as long as he doesn't try to move too quickly. Still don't know exactly what he's doing, but I think we'll have at least some time while he keeps building his little army."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:12 am

"There aren't a whole lot of 2nd tier demons left for him to summon..." Spirus answered with a shake of his head. "Things were pretty quiet before I left. But my biggest concern at the time is why Chance, as you call him, didn't care at all. So maybe I just didn't see some.."

"That is wonderful..." Vincent sighed heavily, crossing his arms over his chest.

"As we call him? What do you call him?" Colt dared to ask, but Spirus just chuckled lazily at her and shook his head, "it would be just like my real name. You could never speak it."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:16 am

Devon absently dragged her fingers down the left side of her neck, over the rough pink burn scars left from her first encounter with Chance. As fantastic as werewolf healing was, the scars had barely faded once the scabs had healed. She was long past self-consciousness over the scars, but they were a pleasant reminder about Chance and the primal desire for revenge she kept in a little niche of her mind. She had yet to come close to killing him, but she would one day. There were more than enough reasons.

"God forbid Thanos summon him," she muttered.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am

"He can not, so don't worry." Spirus stated firmly, "it takes immense power and thousands of lives to summon Chance. But that being said, there is nothing stopping chance from coming of his own will."

"Greeeaaatt..." Colt rolled her eyes, slouching over and taking another drink of water.

"Chance is unlike any leader before him. He was granted the position by blood, and this has never happened before. Usually one has to gain the position by fighting any challenger. And when a challenger comes calling to him, I have only ever seen him turn them away. This causes problems, and with in days the ones who cause problems are killed, and move on to their next life cycle," it was almost like the old demon enjoyed explaining things to the young ones. He kept giving information even though it was not asked for.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:39 am

"Yeah, well, I can't say I care much," Devon declared, getting to her feet, "unless he either stays the fuck away or lets me put a bullet between his eyes."

She glanced at her watch, chewing on the inside of cheek. "It's late," she said, by which she meant it was nearly dawn. "I don't think much is going to happen while we're dead on our feet. I need sleep, and it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for everyone else, too."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:47 am

"Sleep, yes, I forget that you still do that. I wonder when the werewolf will evolve it away like the vampire.." Spirus unfolded his arms and turned to leave the room.

Vincent gave him and extremely confused look, he had never heard of a time when vampires slept like humans. He also didn't know they could evolve.

Colt glanced around the room and decided to change into her wolf form. It was a common thing for her to do. It seemed like being in this form would make her feel more comfortable at uncomfortable times. She hopped off the couch and laid down at the foot of it. Her body felt tired even though she had just woken up, but her mind was wide away.

Vincent took to sitting in a nearby chair, seeming to relax just a little, while still maintaining good posture. And Spirus waved tiredly and left the room with out saying more. He needed to do some looking around and talk with some of the other demons.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 am

Devon cast a weary, disgruntled look at Spirus as he left the room. She still enjoyed sleeping, and didn't appreciate the insinuation that the inability to stay up all night was somehow a flaw of her physiology.

Sometimes she forgot how some demons could be.

She huffed as she looked around the room. Initially, she had planned to take one of the bedrooms in the wing of the house, but seeing the others get cozy in this room made her change her mind. Perhaps it was best not to separate on the first night, so instead she flopped down on the vacated couch. Instead of going to sleep, however, she dug the leather bracelet back out of her pocket and quietly examined it.

She held it against her wrist, contemplating wearing it, before deciding against it and putting it down on the mahogany cofee table.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 am

Vincent pushed part of his bangs out of his eyes and decided to close his eyes. Though he didn't sleep, he rested and spent a good time thinking in the darkness. Whenever he opened his eyes to glance around the room, the violet of them almost glowed faintly. It was something that his eyes always did, but was hardly noticed.

Colt watched Vincent and Devon for a moment before laying down her head. She hadn't felt comfortable leaving this room to sleep away from the others. It didn't feel safe at all, and she had never questioned doing it. And she knew Vincent would hang out where ever unless he was asked to leave or something. But specially with Villie lurking around, she didn't want to be alone, even for a second. And while she thought about how there was safety in numbers, she drifted off into sleep before she knew it was happening.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:12 am

Devon stared up at the ceiling for awhile, while the faint light of the rising sun filtered in through the cracks of the heavy crimson curtains. Her mind was full of thoughts, too preoccupied for her too sleep: worries about Thanos and Villie, suspicions about Spirus' motivations and his honesty, what to do when and if Drake returned, how Zeke and Ronnie were faring at home and whether she could send a message, and the absurdity of their entire "plan," if it could be called that.

"I don't know if I can pull this off," she said aloud after an agonizing hour.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:17 am

Vincent opened his eyes from where he sat just a little ways away. He looked at Colt on the floor and saw her still sleeping soundly and then at Devon.
"I am sure you will do fine, dear." He said quietly and calmly, "we are all here to help you, and Drake will be back soon. You are not on your own." His purple eyes glowed lightly as he looked at the wolf girl. Despite the sun trying to get in, it was still fairly dark in the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: