A Piece of History

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:56 am

Once their work was done, Devon immediately went back to the servants' quarters for as much sleep as she could get, which only amounted to about four hours. All too soon she was woken again by the clamor of everyone getting ready for the ball. Most of the servants had work to do even if they weren't directly involved in the affair.

Devon almost wished she were in the kitchens with Colt.

Devon dressed unhurriedly, making sure to secret herself away from the other men. The tailored shirt and waistcoat were soft and quality, but form-fitting. She wrapped her chest extra tight just to ensure that there wouldn't be so much as a hint of curve under the waistcoat. It limited her breathing slightly, but the result was satisfying. When she was done, she washed her face, combed her hair, took a deep breath, and made her way out to begin preparing for the guests' arrival.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Ronnie was a bit thankful he didn't have to be running around or dealing with snobby guests for the first part of the night. But Vincent was so picky that getting him dressed and ready for a ball was a whole knew chore of it's own.

Colt was busy with the kitchen, it went into all time crazy mode where everyone was scrambling around to try and get so much food cooked for so many people. And the crazy and loud head chef didn't help at all.

As Devon walked by Vincent's room to attend to what ever she was assigned to Ronnie poked his head out of the princes room just in the perfect time to see her.
"Devon! Please help me, he's being a priss and wont listen to me," He growled, but his begging was sincere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Devon paused to listen to Ronnie's plight, but was genuinely confused about how she was meant to help. "I don't know what you expect me to do about that," she said, brows knitting together. "I'm not actually a fashion expert. Why, what is he doing?"

She took a couple steps forward and tried to peer over Ronnie's shoulder into the room, not knowing what to expect. Of course the prince was prissy. He was a prince. Wasn't that the whole point of tonight?
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Ronnie rolled his eyes heavily at Devon, glanced down either side of the hall and quickly grabbed her hand and tugged her into the room, shutting the door behind her.

"He wont decide what outfit to ware," Ronnie grumbled, motioning toward Vincent who was across the room and shirtless. His skinny structure was outline faintly in muscle, his backed turned toward the two, there were a few small scars outlining a old pale bruise on the small of his back. He turned and looked back at the two from the shirt he held in his hands.

"OH! Devon, hello.." He greeted warmly before walking over to his bed where several shirts and vests and coats lay.
"Please give me your opinion, I don't want to be too flashy but I feel like everything I have is... To royal.." He mumbled, motioning to the clothes.

"Just tell him you like one so we can all move on!" Ronnie sighed, crossing his arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Devon wasn't sure what she expected upon walking into the room, but seeing the prince half-naked certainly wasn't it. Even in helping the royal family on a daily basis, she was able to respect their modesty. Devon managed to catch herself and focus on the clothing that was scattered on the bed, but not before her gaze had made its way down, and then up, the curved line of Vincent's back.

"I'm--not sure what to say there," she said, moving over to the bed. She gave a quick shake of her head. "I suppose if you're trying to tone it down, it makes sense, since tonight is for the princess, but . . ."

She placed her hands on her hips, surveying the options to avoid thinking about the faint scars on Vincent's skin. After a few seconds, she grabbed a white shirt, black jacket, and a deep purple waistcoat, and presented them to the prince draped over her arms. "Here. Not too bright, won't take attention away from the princess, but it should still look fine."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Vincent surveyed the clothes Devon had presented him for just a moment before smiling widely. "Yes perfect! Thank you so much!" He took the shirt from her to pull on quickly. On his front he had only one scar, but it was large in length and width. It went front just under his belly button, tracing the slight raises in his abdomen and falling down toward his hip bone and ending under his pants. This one was not fresh at all, very healed, but shockingly vivid. It was covered as he buttoned his shirt up.

"You are brilliant," he added happily as he fixed his collar perfectly.

Ronnie sighed loudly and folded his arms, "next time ask Devon to be assigned to you then. I would rather be in the kitchen.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Devon tried not to blush, partially at the praise, mostly at the damn half-naked prince who seemed completely unashamed as he dressed. "Well. I'm glad I could help. Would hardly do for the prince to be late to his own sister's party." She self-consciously ran her fingers through her hair, hoping it still lay flat enough to pass as formal, and turned back to the door. "Well, if I'm not needed for anything else . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:19 pm

"What were you assigned to do?" Vincent asked before Devon could get to the door. He glanced up at her several times while he buttoned his cuffs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Devon hung back, feeling slightly guilty. "At the moment, nothing," she said. "I was going down to the ballroom just to make sure that everything was ready. It's about time that all of us who have to work go down, to ensure nothing goes wrong before the party's even started." That was a good way to get reprimanded; if something were unsatisfactory from the start, someone was sure to complain.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:26 pm

"Would you like to switch places with Ronnie and send the night with me?" Vincent asked, pulling in the jacket next. "He has been complaining all night, and I would like better company." Though the words would have sounded harsh from any other person, he was right. And Ronnie was so annoyed with the prince for his joke the day before that he would rather be yelled at all night then spent time with him.
"Please.." Ronnie said flatly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:29 pm

Devon paused, surprised by the request. Ronnie was normally perfectly happy to assist Vincent, however begrudging he acted, and Vincent . . . well, perhaps it wasn't surprising Vincent was looking for good company, but not necessarily from her

"I . . . suppose I can," she said warily. After all, what safer place to be from criticism than at the royal family's side? Besides, although Vincent was difficult at times, he wasn't all bad.

The fine clothing for the night might have helped a little.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:35 pm

Before another word could be said Ronnie quickly left the room, almost slamming the door behind him.
Vincent winced when the door shut loudly, but kept his smile. Pulling on his purple waist coat and tucking everything neatly as moved across the room to look in a mirror, "thank you Devon. I did not want to have to force Ronnie into a night he would hate even more. He is still quite mad at me for my little joke yesterday."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:43 pm

"Well, I guess I can understand it. It's not the sort of thing that goes over well with the masses." Devon, meanwhile, couldn't care less. The servants got lonely down in their quarters and none of them cared enough to rat each other out over who the others chose to bed. "But he'll come around eventually. Probably." She stood back respectfully, only peeking in the mirror around Vincent's side to ensure that her shirt was tucked in and her coat was smooth.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:05 am

"He will forgive me once he thinks everyone has forgotten about it," the prince agreed with a nod. Once he was properly dressed and ready to go he turned back to Devon, "shall we go? The guests will be arriving shortly."

He didn't wait for Devon to answer because he knew she would not say no, let's not go yet. He started out the door, stopping just for a second to run his fingers through his brown hair.

They headed to the ball room where he greeted his parents and his siblings, William seemed to be in a worse mood then usual. But he was always civil when his parents were in ear shot. When the guests started to arrive things started to get festive and complicated fast. Devon had to stay with Vincent as he said hello to every single guest and took the time to make them all feel important. All of them were rude and only wanted to talk about themselves, but Vincent spoke to them as if he rehearsed a thousand times and made each one happy. He was so polite it was sickening.

When the night got into the swing of things and he didn't have to greet anyone else he walked to the back of the room to just watch. The prince already seemed a little worn out. Every time he has spoken with someone he kept his hands clasped tightly behind his back unless they were needed for shaking or gesturing. When he was finally able to break free he let his hands go and they were shaking lightly. Even having to do this his whole life, he was always nervous, but came across so confident and suave at times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:25 am

Devon, the picture of a loyal servant, stayed at Vincent's side throughout the beginning of the night. She said nothing--the guests didn't care for her opinions and she never had a moment alone with the prince--and kept her hands behind her back and a faint but suitably friendly smile on her face. The whole affair was sickening: watching Vincent play polite to nobles who didn't care in the least for what he said, while she acted as his accessory. There was only one who seemed to take any genuine interest in Vincent, a lovely, dark-haired woman who laughed politely and smiled seductively at him as she took her leave. Devon disliked her in particular, though if pressed, couldn't say why.

When they finally received a break, retiring to the back of the room, Devon couldn't help a small breath of relief. She turned to Vincent to ask what else they may be expected to do, only to forget her question as she finally saw his facade cracking. "Are you alright?" she asked in a low voice. "Should I fetch you something to eat? Water?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 am

Vincent sighed lightly and rubbed his hands together to try and relax his muscles, "no, I am fine..." he trailed off lightly as if he wasn't going to continue to speak but then spoke anyway. "I do this many times a year, the words just run out of my mouth, I hardly have to think about what I am going to say. . . But knowing that I could slip up and embarrass my parents and my family is terrifying. They all stare at you with judging eyes." He looked at the floor, ashamed of what he was saying and hoping he wouldn't say the wrong thing to Devon again to make her mad.
"It's so easy but wares me out so much..."

Vincent hadn't recognized the lady who took interest in him. But there were several people he didn't know right away. A group in the center of the large open room laughed loudly at a Joke William made. They paid him more attention because he was to be king as soon as he picked a bride. Everyone wanted to be on the kings good side. They called Vincent 'your highness' but really couldn't care less about him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:58 am

Devon listened to Vincent and was quiet for a moment after, unsure of how to respond. Eventually, she gave a short nod. "I can imagine," she said. "It's sort of easy for us to not say the wrong thing--we just don't talk, most of the time, and we know better than to say anything outright nasty unless we want to be punished We're always getting punished for little things, but you learn how to avoid it. But I guess it would be harder, having to watch every single word because they're watching you like that."

The woman from earlier was in the group clustered around William, putting on a polite act as she watched him. Something about her said that she wasn't one of the regular guests; her posture was confident, her very aura seemed to exude something else, something almost magnetic. She said little, choosing only to observe from her vantage point in the group.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 am

Vincent smiled just a little at her, she understood. He always understood how hard servants had it, but he never considered his life free or easy.
"Thank you," his hands stopped shaking and he adjusted his waist coat. He didn't pay attention to what his brother was doing, it was normal for him to be the center of attention, even when the party wasn't for him.

William had his eye on the new lady in the group. He knew he hadn't seen her before. Everyone woman not married in the room he had met personally to see if they were worthy of being married to him. He politely excused himself from the group and made his way over to her. He was completely enticed by her beauty and confidence.
"I don't believe we have met," he charmed as he took her hand and kissed it, "I am Prince William."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:21 am

Devon smiled faintly, letting her gaze drop to the floor. She felt a bit guilty then, as the full meaning of what Vincent said dawned on her. Constantly being monitored for his behavior in public probably extended to every other aspect of his life. He'd hinted before at how rigidly controlled his lifestyle was, but it was easy to dismiss in light of watching him live in luxury. There wasn't even a guarantee of payoff at the end when William--undeserving in every sense--was next for the throne.

Maybe a different kind of servitude after all.

"I'm sorry," she muttered at the floor.

--

The woman let him kiss her hand, a coy smile tugging up the corner of her painted mouth. "Charmed," she replied. "Although, I think there's a certain amount of irony here--you're hardly as unfamiliar with me as you say now."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:29 am

A bit shocked by Devon's sudden change Vincent put a hand on her shoulder, "please do not be sorry. I just want us to be friends and I want you to trust me." He smiled warmly at her.

---

William let her hand go and starred at the woman, confused for a good moment. Then his grey eyes brightened and he smiled again.
"Velanna?... M'Lady, it is so nice to finally meet you. I wasn't sure if you got any of my letters..." He tried not to show his excitement but it was pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 am

Devon smiled ruefully. "I realized that awhile ago, but obviously it was too big of a leap for me to manage." Because of course Vincent had been nothing but friendly towards her in the last weeks and months, and even Ronnie had given his word, but she was too stubborn and too set in seventeen years' worth of conditioning.

--

Velanna hummed, taking back her hands and delicately brushing an imaginary speck of dust from the collar of her fine dress. "You are remarkably persistent," she said as she inspected her glove. "One or two eventually had to make their way through. Though why you chose me still remains unseen."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:46 am

"Well I am just happy you seem to have come to your senses," the young prince smiled happily and brought his hand back from her shoulder.
"I am not like any other royalty you will ever meet. I know you are a person with feelings, and I know you want to be free just as much as I do." He was so happy that she seemed to finally let him in. That's all he wanted, to prove to her that he was different. There was something about her and Ronnie that he loved, something he didn't see in the other servants, though he treated them kindly as well. He wanted these two close to him, and in the long term, he wanted to help free them. He didn't mention his long term goals though. He didn't want to get any ones hopes up. Now that Colt was a servant, she as on his short list of friends as well.

---

"To be completely honest, I was told you were the most powerful and the best. And I only want the best." Williams smile was scary, there was something sinister about it. If he smiled it usually meant pain for someone.
"I can offer anything the crown has to offer in exchange for your services."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:59 am

Devon laughed a little but didn't reply, unsure of what to say. At least Vincent was taking it in good stride; she wouldn't have been able to bear it if he'd turned away her apology or berated her for her prior mistrust.

--

Velanna's expression was amused as she looked back to William. "And if I don't want it?" she asked airily.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:04 am

Vincent noticed his older brother talking to the strange woman.
"That woman gives me a bad feeling.." He said to his friend quietly. "Just something about her.

---

Williams smile fell just a hair, "well you must have something in mind that you want. Why would you have come so far just to tell me no?" This woman was unlike any other that he had met. What could she want in return for granting him eternal life?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Devon followed Vincent's gaze out to the floor, where William was conversing with a strange woman. She shrugged one shoulder. "I don't recognize her, but there are too many guests for me to keep track. I probably don't want to think too hard on it, really."

--

Velanna's smile took on a cruel edge. "Do you understand how many human men have come crawling to me for the exact same thing you have?" she asked, her voice a low, cold whisper. "Just how many people over the years have come, begging and demanding and pleading for me to turn them because they think it'll be the key to whatever they want?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:49 pm

I don't recognize her either, and that is not uncommon, but I still have this bad feeling..." Vincent admitted quietly to his servant friend. "I feel horrible saying it.... But she makes me feel like their is something evil watching me..."

-----

"I would imagine quite a lot..." William trailed off a little. "But I am not like the other men. This life is too short to accomplish all I want. I want to fix that, and I know I can not demand anything from you. And begging will not get me anywhere and nore will I stoop so lowly that I will do it." He paused for just a moment, smiling again, looking her straight in the eyes.
"All I can do is offer a trade, I just need to know what is it that you would want from me or of me..." He hardly notice anyone else was in the room anymore. His heart pumped excitedly in his chest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:18 am

Devon quietly watched William and Velanna speaking. Nothing with William and women ever ended well, but this one seemed unswayed--even angry with William's conversation. "Maybe," she murmured. "Sounds right up his alley." Then she winced, realizing she had just spoken ill of the roya family to a prince himself.

--

Velanna laughed, soft and cruel. "You truly think so," she said, a touch of bewildered awe in her voice. "You think you have something you could give me. A poorly prince of an unimpressive nation, who dreams of what, exactly? Money? Power? Things a truly talented man could accomplish without a demon's hand?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:13 am

"True..." Vincent nodded lightly before sighing and forcing himself to look away from his brother and the woman he was speaking to.

-----

William held back his scowl the best he could, but he didn't do a very good job.
"I am trying to be polite. If I don't have something you want then perhaps something I can do for you." He spoke a bit more harshly but like he was still trying his best to not sound rude.
"What I want it for is not important..." His fist clenched a little around the top of his useless cane. It was hard to take such sass from a woman. But he knew she was not just a woman. But a monster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:19 am

Devon waited a few seconds longer for the reprimand. When nothing came, she dared to glance at Vincent from the corner of her eye. He seemed nonplussed by the insult to his brother, so it seemed she was safe. The relationship between the two princes was not a good one, that she knew, but it was still impossible to predict how freely she was allowed to speak with Vincent.

--

Velanna lifted a delicate brow. Then her hand shot out in a movement too fast for the eye to track, seizing William by the throat. Her sharp nails pricked his skin like claws, threatening to draw blood with the faintest of movements. The crowd around them gasped and shrieked before falling deadly silent.

"You think you ask for a gift, but you will receive a curse," she said. "You are insolent and presumptuous and know nothing of what you speak. But if it's what you think you truly want, perhaps I should. Perhaps that will teach you and all of the foolish mortals who think they can compare to a god, if only I would oblige them . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:28 am

William did little more then tense up when the vampiress grabbed his throat. He had little time for much else. He winced as her nails dug into his soft flesh. Instead of responding he starred her defiantly in the eyes, daring her.

Vincent quickly looked back toward his brother when he heard the shrieks of the crowd, who was now slowly moving away a little.
"William!!" He shouted, "GUARDS STO-" He was shocked into silence when he noticed all the guards were stock still as if they were in a trance. With out thinking for a second he quickly started to push through the crowd to get to his older brother as fast as he could. But the crowd was thick and no one would move despite his shouts to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 am

Velanna's mouth turned up with a vicious smirk. Her other hand came up to shred the collar of his fine clothes, revealing the flesh of his neck. She dragged him forward, lips curling up over extended canines that glinted in the light before she ducked her head and sank her fangs into his flesh.

Devon was up off the wall in a flash as the commotion erupted. She followed quickly behind Vincent. She ducked around him as the crowd resisted their attempts to move. "Get out of the way!" she snapped at the guests, pushing at bodies to open a path. "Move! The prince is in danger and you're in the way!"

At that, some of the guests stumbled away, whether in shock or forcefully shoved.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:45 am

Fear washed over William just for a second before her teeth sank into the muscle of his neck. Pain shot through him and he closed his grey eyes tightly and grunted in pain. But he didn't fight to get away. He had never been sure how he was to receive the gift, but if this was it, he wasn't going to stop it.

Vincent finally made it to the small clearing where his brother was. Blood poured from him, far too much for her to drink, and coated his blouse and soon dripping and puddling onto the floor.

"NO!!" Vincent shouted as he ran to them and grabbed Valenna's arm in an attempt to pull her off.

He had no good relationship with his brother. He didn't have a fond memory of when they were growing, but he was his brother. And he loved him. And he did not want him to die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:53 am

After a few long seconds, Velanna pulled her mouth away from William's neck and dropped the prince onto the floor. Her tongue flicked out, lapping the blood from her lips, and she seemed to consider the taste before she spat crimson onto the floor. Vincent's grip on her arm seemed to be of no concern.

"Boy, this is not a fight you will win," she said, eyes glinting with a dangerous gold tint. She delicately wiped the remained of the blood from her lips with the back of her glove. "Your brother will survive, most likely, although whether he will want to or not is another story. Let me go, or your survival will not be guaranteed, either."

Devon broke through the crowd and sprinted at the woman, a fist already raised to retaliate and protect Vincent if need be. Before she came close to landing a hit, Velanna whirled around and kicked, landing a solid blow to Devon's middle and sending her flying and skidding across the floor several feet away.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:01 am

William was out before he even hit the ground, growing pale from the blood loss. He slumped to the floor in the pool of his own blood.

Vincent let the woman go, his stomach twisting wildly from the sight of her ingesting the fluids. He turned to his brother, but froze, eyes stuck on the blood and the sight of his (what he thought to be) dead sibling.He didn't notice Devon get kicked. His face suddenly felt hot, but all his color was gone, and before he could move forward his vision blurred and then darkened and his knees buckled. He hit the floor hard, landing next to the heir to the throne.

Just as Vincent fell to the ground Ronnie managed to break through the crowd. Instead of running to his friends side he ran at Velanna as well, pulling a dagger from his hip, aiming to stab her in the abdomen.

Guards from elsewhere in the palace broke into the room loudly and stomped toward the center, the guests turned to flee through the now open doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:11 am

Velanna turned in time to see Ronnie coming at her. She smiled as she ducked out of the way, almost dancing as she backed away from her attackers. As the guards closed in, she seemed to melt into the crowd of fleeing guests, disappearing immediately from view. She was outside of the castle walls in moments, already making her escape.

Devon groaned as she got back to her feet. By the time she was up, the scene was already clearing, with two princes collapsed on the ground and the majority of the guests gone or pushing for the doors. Immediately alert again, she scrambled over to where Vincent and WIlliam lay, shouting at the nearest guards to find the healer.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:20 am

Ronnie cursed loudly as she danced around him and vanished almost into thin air. He quickly shoved his blade back into his belt under his shirt before of the guards could see. The other guards in the room finally broke from their trance like state and rushed over to help. Quickly they scooped William up and ran out the door to the infirmary inside the palace.

Another guard looked Vincent over and when he found no wounds he sighed a little, "I think the young price fainted..." He explained to the other two where were around, Devon and Ronnie. The last of the guards ran and searched the palace for the attacker and got the King, Queen and Princess to safety.

The guard who was much larger then either of Vincents friends knelt down and scooped his lifeless body into his arms and turned to carry him out of the ball room and toward his bedroom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:27 am

"Not surprising," Devon said, feeling a little light-headed herself between the adrenaline and the horror of the situation. She instinctively followed after the guard carrying Vincent, caring little for William but wanting to be certain that Vincent was well. She looked to Ronnie. "Do you have any idea what that was? A random woman just--attacking the prince like that. She was like a--a demon or something."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:33 am

"I have no idea, but I am going to find out!" Ronnie said firmly as he followed along.
Once the guard laid Vincent on his bed he ordered the both of them to watch over and tend Vincent until the healer could come around, and not to let him leave the room for nay reason until someone told them it was safe. And he quickly left, wanting to find where the attacker went as well. He was not fond of William, but he could lose his job and his life is she were to get away.

Ronnie sighed deeply and sat down on the foot of the giant bed. "God damn it....." He groaned tiredly, " we worked so hard putting that stupid ball together....."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:42 am

Devon waited until the guard left to take a deep breath and scrub her hands through her hair. "I feel like we have other things to worry about," she pointed out, although she had to admit that a week's worth of work had been lost to tonight's incident. "Can you imagine what this is going to do? An attack on the crown prince by some sort of insane woman. Regardless of how we feel about him, this is serious. And they were talking for a long time before she attacked him--Vincent and I were watching--so what happened? Why would she attack him but not kill him?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:49 am

"He's not dead?" Ronnie asked in shock, "I thought he was dead. No one can live through that much blood loss..." He glanced over Vincent again to make sure he wasn't hurt and he was still breathing.
He visably jumped a bit when some one opened the door and quickly came into the room. He relaxed when he saw it was just Colt.
"What happened??"She asked quickly, "there was screaming and I heard something about Vincent getting hurt?"

"He fine, he just fainted, a crazy woman attacked William and tried to kill him... She was probably on one of those new drugs or something. They mess with your head...." Ronnies explained, rolling his eyes lightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:58 am

"But they were talking before that," Devon insisted. "Maybe she was crazy, but Willliam looked like he wanted something from her. Vincent and I both noticed. I don't know what or why, but it might be important." Devon crossed her arms, staring thoughtfully at the floor as she began to pace. "I don't know. She said he would survive, but only probably. What did she do to him, besides tear out his throat."

She paused to look over at Vincent. At least he was unharmed, only rattled.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:18 pm

It was hard for Ronnie to believe that William and this crazy woman were planning something. She was probably an assassin or something of the such.

Colt kind of froze though, "what??" She asked almost breathlessly. Fear washed over her expression, "a woman bit William's throat? What did she look like?" Before Devon could answer she quickly turned around and locked the door to Vincent's room. And then quickly ran over to check that the window was closed and locked as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:40 am

"What--" Devon started as Colt suddenly bolted around the room, locking everything down. She blinked, suddenly more concerned than she had been a moment prior. "Yeah. The woman he was talking to got mad or something, she grabbed his throat, and then she bit him. No idea why."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:23 pm

Once she was sure the room was as secure as it was going to get Colt moved over to Vincent and checked his neck, pulling down the collar of his fancy shirt on both side and then checking both wrists. She seemed relieved to find nothing.
"What did she look like?" She asked, turning back to Devon.
She wasn't surprised at all that she was the only one who had a clue of what was going on. But should she tell them? Would they think she was crazy? Would that mean they would find out her secret? She didn't know, but she was sure that she had to keep Vincent safe... He did save her life after all. And she was also sure that she was terrified, and trying to keep that a secret was impossible.
Ronnie watched with confusion, but didn't say anything. He hadn't gotten too good of a look at the maniac that attacked the prince.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:34 pm

"Uh--" Devon paused, trying to recall any helpful details. "She just looked like one of the guests. No more than twenty-something years old, if I had to guess. Dressed nice. Dark hair, might have been pale but I couldn't tell from where I was. Vincent said she seemed off, but couldn't say why."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:44 pm

"If you ever see her again be sure to turn and leave the area as fast as you can... She's bad news..." Colt pleaded, looking between Ronnie and Devon.
Ronnie quirked a brow, "what are you going on about Colt?" He asked as if she was going nuts too.

"I can't really properly explain it..." She looked at he floor, wishing there was some way she could explain what was happening with out sounding crazy.

Ronnie was about to demand more explanation when he noticed the young prince stirring. Vincent kind of twitched a little as he woke before quickly shooting up to a sitting position shouting his brothers name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:49 pm

"Well, could you try?" Devon prodded Colt. "'She's weird and looks sort of evil' is all we really have to go on right now. This whole thing is strange, so I imagine it can't get that much worse."

As Vincent woke up shouting, Devon flinched and kept her distance. Crowding him wasn't likely to help his recovery.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Vincent looked around the room, completely confused for a moment.
"It's all right Vincent, you're safe," Ronnie said soothingly. But the prince didn't seem convinced, "where is William? Is he alright?" He moved to stand up, wincing lightly at his already sore body from hitting the ground.

"He was taken to the infirmary..." Ronnie explained, "you probably shouldn't get up yet..." He placed a hand firmly on his shoulder, trying to keep him down with out actually forcing him.

Vincent glanced between his friends as he sat on the edge of his bed. He made a sickening face and ran a hand through his bangs as he remembered the amount of blood pouring out of William.

Colt was hopeful that the subject changed and no body would keep questioning her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 pm

"The woman who attacked him is gone. She said something about how he would probably live, although that's for time to tell," Devon added in. She crossed her arms, thinking, then looked at Colt. "You know something about this, don't you? You need to tell us what happened in there, if you have any idea. Who knows what could happen next, and we need to be ready."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:20 pm

Vincent looked up at Colt, confused, what could she know about it?

The young girl panicked a little, unsure of what to say. She couldn't just blurt it out. How do you explain to your friends that vampires were undead, blood sucking monsters with unbelievable powers?
"I- Uh... Well-" She was cut off as blood curdling screams of agony filled the air. They were muffled by walls, but still loud. They came from the direction of the infirmary. It made the hair rise instantly on the back of her neck.

"W-William??" Vincent questioned in shock, recognizing his voice. Before anyone could say anything he jumped off the bed and darted out the door and ran down the wide hall toward the source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Piece of History   

Back to top Go down

A Piece of History
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next