Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vita ante acta

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

vita ante acta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 11:50 pm

Markus stood and cracked a few more bones before picking up and redonning the armor he'd set on the ground by the chair. "Seems you'd lost enough strength that even when you were having fits you'd hardly put up a fight with the kind doctor's treatment." he said, glancing over at May. "Speaking of which, I should probably offer something for the services. Hope you don't mind if it's not straight coin." Markus reached into a pouch and withdrew a jade statue of a woman pouring a jug over a basin. The most peculiar portion of the piece was that the woman's lower half was a serpent's tail,coiled on the floor beneath her. "Something we picked up in our travels, if it interests you?"

He waited then for her to finish tending to Jack, standing close to the door, eager to have a hot meal.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:00 am

May smiles warmly at Jack, her tail slowly swaying from side to side in contentment.

"You were no trouble at all! I have more problems with the children and the nonsense they get into, believe me." She proceeds to gently cut a line down the bandages around Jack's torso with a single extended claw, and peels them gingerly away from the wound. She appears visibly satisfied at the rate of its healing-- it's not completely ready to be tested to the sword again, but it's mostly healed and will only be a lingering bruise and patch of raw skin for a while longer.

Surprised at Markus' offer, she quickly shakes her head.

"I couldn't! I-- I work for free, I can't possibly take anything from you for my services. I do this because it helps others and I don't need another reward. Maybe that sounds a little silly to adventurers, I'm just a healer in a small town." she trails off into a small laugh. "If you'd like to donate it to funding the orphanage instead, I'm sure they'd be glad for the extra gold. Even a little bit goes a long way."

Her smile lingers and she is relaxed, her previous anxieties soothed. Perhaps her fears were unfounded and there wasn't anything to worry about, regardless of what her conversation last night may have predicted.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:09 am

"I wouldn't mind donating to a good orphanage that doesn't turn any kid away and treats them all the same..." Jack trailed off lightly, looking as if he was thinking back to the past. He broke his hazey look to look at his wound.
"Oh wow, that's healing quickly," he said a bit shocked, stretching to the side a little to feel the movement. He was going to have a scar, but that was one more scar?

Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:00 pm

"Well," Markus started, "While travelling I came across this and I know that it can help you, whether that mean decorating your house or selling it to support yourself or even this orphanage. I don't know what's going to happen to it, but what I se is that I'm passing it on to you because you've earned it and because I trust you to put it to use. Besides, last time your turned us away didn't that end up rather badly for someone?" He said looking over at Jack with a grin. "Didn't think you'd want to make that mistake again." He had a feeling they wouldn't be here for much longer and in all honesty he wouldn't mind having a lighter bag. Sure he may not be getting the item's worth, but better that then carrying the damn thing with him for another month.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:08 pm

Heat rushes to May's cheeks and she clears her throat in embarrassment at the reminder Markus presented, and without another word she takes the idol from him. At the very least it can be pawned for some gold to go towards more beds for the orphanage, heavens knows they need them.

"But I do have a question I'd like to ask, if anything." She releases a slow breath to calm her racing heart before turning towards the tiefling. "Your... your name is Jack, correct?" She asks, a little quieter than she had intended, mostly out of fear. "I just remembered that but you fell unconscious before I could ask properly-- does, ah, does the name 'May' mean anything to you?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Jack was caught a little off guard by her question but quickly nodded, smiling a little. "Yeah, I'm Jack Grimm." He was about to pick up with how he had never gotten her name before she asked about one of his old friends.
His expression instantly hardened and his brow furrowed together a little.
"It means a lot to me... Why do you want to know?" He asked with a very firm tone. His heart instantly started to race in his chest as he remembered her death. Was this healer friends with May? Did she know he was the one who killed her? His jaw clenched together as anxiety flowed through him like electricity.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:00 pm

May feels her heart begin to pound harder as Jack confirms her suspicions. So what she did remember was true. If that was the case, then she might be able to dig deeper into the mystery yet and get the answers she sought.

"It was part of what I remembered-- I never knew my name. The townsfolk call me what they will but it never sat right with me. It was May. That's what my name was, what it is." She fiddles with the statue in her grip, looking down at it nervously. "My name is May. That's why I want to know if it means anything to you, so I can figure out who I am."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:33 pm

As soon as the dragonborn made mention of May, Markus' face became stern and he took a quick glance to read the boy's reaction. No outbursts yet, but he's sure it wouldn't take much. "You'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit... curious as to how this came about. It's not a common thing for someone to find themselves with strange memories and a foreign name. When it does happen it is rarely under amicable circumstance. I don't suppose you'd mind telling us how this name came to you? A dream perhaps, or whispered thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Jack was silent and stiff for a long time, starring, almost glaring at the dragon in front of him. He let Markus speak and then was silent a bit longer. He was blank and frantic at the same time internally. He didn't know how to react or what to say. Emotions filled his body and brought heat to his face and knuckles that were now clenched tightly. Seconds before she started to answer his questions he piped up.

"I killed May..." He said suddenly, his tone cold and a slight growl hidden behind it. He never broke eye contact with her, his green eyes glowing lightly a he replayed her death in his mind.

Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 pm

May's hand reaches up and gently closes around her throat. She feels the pulse of her heart beneath her scales and it soothes her, slightly.

"Dreams. I have dreams and sometimes... visions or sorts, depending on the circumstance." She explains coolly, closing her eyes and willing herself to take a deep, calming breath. "It's always the same and I'm beginning to put the pieces together."

She drops her hand and looks at Jack, looks into his bright eyes and her face twists in sadness.

"That's why I know you and your name. You're always the one that kills me in my dreams."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Markus took a slow step forward, making sure to keep himself between the two of them. "I may know what is happening to you and I may know a way to stop it. Make you yourself again and not what this thing is making you believe that you are." He took another look at Jack, making sure he wasn't about to 'finish the job' on this poor girl. It wasn't her fault that this had happened and she shouldn't suffer for the sins of another and the manipulation of another.

Markus offered her his hand then. "Believe it or not I've gone through something like what you are. I nearly lost the name Markus once. It's not an easy feeling, especially when the images of this other life become so... invasive."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:05 pm

Jack didn't move from where he sat on the cot still, but his expression remained hardened and his black tail flicked back and forth like a grumpy cats would. He wanted to see what Markus thought was going on, cause he sure as hell didn't have a clue.
He didn't know what to do at all, but he didn't want to kill her. That revenge was already had. He felt so heated up though, and yet so confused.
"This guy has a way with minds... if something is messing with your head he will be able to help you..." Jack finally spoke, his voice a bit softer now. He almost felt bad for her? He knew ghosts were real... Was May's ghost haunting this lady?
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:11 pm

May frowns deeply, wringing her fingers together nervously. She wants to believe Markus, believe that something is drowning out her true self, but the dreams are so persistent and real to her. They feel as real as the memories from the day before, but needless to say endless amounts more terrible. And when she remembered her name, she felt a little more whole.

Perhaps he can help he regain her real self, at any rate.

"I'm open to suggestions, if you have any," she says cautiously, "I can't say I've tried unconventional means to remember. All I've had are dreams and feelings that something is off... as though my body itself is not mine. Like I should know something but it never comes."

She drops her hands to her side and breathes deeply. "If there's anything you can do to try to, I don't know, unlock something I can't grasp, I would be... I would be very grateful."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 pm

"Well, I would definitely call it unconventional, that's for sure." Markus said giving the girl a small smile. "You'll need to relax your mind though. It will seem very strange, and may become a bit... uncomfortable. Whatever happens, just hold on to yourself. And you may want to sit down too. I'd hate to go through all this only to have you snap your neck on the counter."

Markus pulled two chairs over and sat in one, the other set before him. "Jack, keep an eye on me if you don't mind. You should owe me at least that much for the past few days, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:56 pm

Jack sat up a little on his cot and nodded to Markus. he had helped him with his own mental plight before so he trusted him, though he never fully understood it.

"I'm not going anywhere.." he added, his expression was relaxed now, with a bit of confusion.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 10:59 pm

Looking perturbed, May obeys and sits awkwardly on the wooden chair, her tail curled behind her. Her hands briefly dig into the cloth of her robes and she looks up at Markus expectantly.

"Well, I think I'm about as ready as I'll ever be. Can't say I can recall the last time my mind was played with, so this ought to be an interesting experience, at any rate." She laughs a little halfheartedly. "Just try not to make a mess."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:17 pm

"I'll do my best, but I've got to work with what I'm given." Markus says with a smile before reaching his head out to press against May's temples. He closed his eyes then and let out a long breath.

I trust you'll restrain yourself in there. She doesn't need two beings fighting for control of her any more than she needs the one.

His other half didn't respond though he could vaguely sense the being's amusement.

As May sat , she slowly began to feel her thoughts clouding, though it was something that put her at ease as well. She felt it spreading through her mind, pressing itself into any crevice she left open. As it spread she began to see flashes of memory and emotion. The first were her most recent memories: the conversation with Markus, changing Jack's wounds, the taste of the bread she'd eaten at lunch. Soon the memories were farther back however. Days, and weeks past. Images of the twins at the orphanage, or the tailor bringing some scrap cloth for her to use.

Then a strange voice sounded in her mind. The way it spoke reminded her vaguely of a serpent, though the way it spoke nearly demanded her immediate attention. Who are you? Where have you come from?
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:52 pm

May feels strange as something clouds her mind, penetrating into the inner most levels of her consciousness. She is barely able to keep a hold on herself through her flickering memories when a stern voice demands her purpose. Startled and lost in the maze of her fragmented psyche, she stammers out an answer.

"I-I'm May. Or I'm sure that's what my name is. I don't know why I'm here-- or why I'm like this. I didn't want to know before but the dreams are getting worse and I feel like I have no choice but to seek an answer."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:14 pm

Is this who you are, who you were, or who you will be, child of this fragile realm? The voice continued, probing deeper into her mind. She could feel that it was searching for something, like flipping the pages of a book, scanning the contents for that last bit of information you needed.

Just know, you would be wise to not hold back anything. I see your nightmares, and so shall you. You can spend an eternity reliving them if needed, but I'm sure you wouldn't want that. May could feel her mind pressing in on her, as if she were losing part of herself and being crushed into the deepest corners of her head, but the feeling lasted only a moment before it was gone. Why have you come to this world and what do you want with this form?
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:29 pm

"I don't know! Stop it!" May cries, clutching her head in her hands and squeezing her eyes shut. "I don't know why I'm here. I don't know!" She recoils against the figure in her mind, trying to fight back briefly, but she quickly tires, and releases control once again.

"All I know is Jack is the one who always kills me in my dreams. He slices my throat, and sometimes it still feels like it's bleeding." She touches her neck, grimacing at the taste of blood pooling on her tongue at the memory. "I don't know why and I don't know if it's connected to anything. But it has to be since... he confirmed that it did happen, or mostly..."

She inhales a shaky breath. "If that's truly a memory of before, then did I nearly die? Or did I die? How did I end up here and why don't I remember anything? Please, I just... I just want to know how I got here and why."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:41 pm

While Markus was helping this girl with her memories (if they were hers) Jack had gotten out of bed and dug into his bag that his friend had carried here for him. He dressed himself the rest of the way, pulling his loose tunic back on, then his black vest. It was old a ragged but in fairly good shape for all the battles it had seen. He finished with his black cloak, also ragged and torn, with fur around the collar. He left his hood down and strapped his huge swords onto his back, the leather making an X over his chest just like his two precious swords did on his back. He checked through his bag once more to make sure everything was accounted for and then checked his pockets and little bags on his waist.

He sat on another near by chair, in front of May and watched her. He subconsciously twisted a small amount of brown hair in his finger tips. It was in a braid, the cut end tied up with string. He didn't realize he had been messing with it until he looked down and remembered where it had come from. It had been months, and he wasn't sure why he kept her hair. But in some weird way it comforted him.
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 pm

The harder she resisted, the tighter Asakku squeezed, his claws digging into her mind, waiting for those tell tale thoughts to reveal another presence. The more he pressed the mortal, the easier the distinction should be to make, but she was on the verge of tears and still he felt nothing. Then you are truly lost it seems. Not restrained or repressed, but a flickering light swirling in a black abyss, unsure of what brought you here and desperately clinging to your dying embers.

His curiosity had grown now and he pressed into May's deepest memories, looking back as far as he could. It would be painful to her, especially with how broken and fragmented they were. Splicing together memories that were pushed away or never meant to be known could certainly lead to... consequences for the host. He could taste the blood, the oncoming cold and darkness. But there was more. A chiding laughter echoing through. Laughing at her failure, not that it cared since she was nothing but a wasted opportunity. As the darkness came though, the cold did not end. It seemed to get worse. Ice flowed through the veins, only for everything to be wrapped in a blistering heat. Flesh and muscle burnt away until nothing remained. And then emptiness.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:11 pm

May snapped back into reality with a scream. She spends several moments catching her breath, a hand clawed into the fabric over her chest, her entire body shaking in terror. She blinks hard, repeatedly, to clear the tears that blurred her vision, and clears her throat.

"I-I... shit, I--" she trails off, nearly breaking down into sobs but barely managing to keep her composure. "I didn't expect that."

After another long pause she's managed to calm down, and turns her attention back to Jack. He's dressed, now looking back up to par (as far as she thinks, at any rate), and feels remarkably pleased with her work. Then she notices him playing with something and it catches her eye. A rope?

"What are you..." She starts, her tone light with curiosity, and she realizes with dawning horror that it's a braid. Brown hair tied into a single braid. Instinctively, she reaches up to the tendrils of scales that lie over her shoulders and promptly feels silly, because she doesn't have hair. But she feels offended and angry nevertheless, as if it was part of her-- as if it was something of hers that she knew of--

I don't wear braids, obviously,she thinks, why do I care? I don't even like braids that much--

I think it would look good on you, sis!

The corners of her vision crackle and she stops breathing for a second, before she gasps and memories flood back in fragments, sharp and mismatched. She remembers the color of that hair. She saw it every day when she brushed it and put it into braids. She didn't particularly like the braids but her sister did, and so she made it a ritual to do her hair up every day just to see the girl smile at her. Even after her sister died, May continued the habit numbly. She always wore her hair in braids, and Jack should not have her hair. Jack should not have her hair.

"You--," she croaks, "You took off part of my hair?" Her voice rises in volume, growing sharp. "You kill me and then you take my hair? Was it meant to be some sort of fucking trophy to you?"

She stands to her full height, pupils a narrow slit in her blazing eyes. Her lips pull back in a deep scowl.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:05 pm

Jack jumped lightly when May screamed, coming out of the state Markus had put her into. He then narrowed his eyes at her as she started to ask about the hair in his hand. When she jumped up to a stand he did as well, a hand instinctively up and on the hilt of Rewyn. He starred her dead in the eyes, a scowl on his face.
"It's a better trophy then the scars I have because of you!" Jack shouted loudly, a familiar growl backing him up. He didn't have the want to fight or kill her anymore, but he wasn't going to let her just attack him, verbally or physically.
"I have to live with this fucking guy in my head, dulling out my senses and my own coping methods! I have to be the person I was meant to be and don't want to be because of you!" His whole body was tense as he stared up at her dragony-face. "I have every fucking right to take a trophy!"

Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:05 pm

It took Markus a moment to return to reality as his other conscious merged back with his own. As he did, he could hazily hear a scream and then yelling coming from around him. He blinked his eyes and shook his head to keep back the pounding and red on the edges of his vision. Taking in Jack and May seemingly at each others throats he sighed. "What did you do this time Asakku..."

He quickly stood from the chair and placed himself between the two, facing May with his hand up placed against Jack's chest. "Do the two of you really think this is what is needed right now, right after we just spend the past few days getting you back together?" He said, glancing back at Jack. " I don't exactly know what has..." He paused for a moment. "Well. that... changes things." Markus took a long look at May. "You really are her then? Not some being playing the strings and feeding you fragments of history. Don't exactly look much like the girl I'd been told about."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:14 pm

May deflates a little when Markus interrupts her and Jack's spat, her shoulders sinking and cheek fins shrinking back together.

"You're right. I'm not the same as I used to be and I don't know why, but I know that Jack murdered me out of revenge for something I had no control over. I was being played like a puppet and... was responsible for things I'd rather not go into detail about. But I paid for that with my life, regardless." She clenches her fists, her claws digging hard into the soft scales on her palms.

Unrolling one hand, she shoves a finger at Jack accusingly and snarls, "But you have little goddamn right to take part of my body--" she fumbles over the word, looking suddenly ill. "A part of me, as some sort of... sick token when you wanted me gone that badly. Badly enough to not even give a shit about what we all went through."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:36 pm

Jack grit his teeth together before grabbing Markus's wrist and pulling his hand away from his chest, half heartidly shoving him away at the same time.
"I don't care what you went through!" He shouted very loudly, anger boiling up in him like bad heartburn.

"I don't fucking care at all, you know why?" Jack's black skin tailed flicked quickly back and forth behind him and he lisped a little between his sharp teeth. The chains on his tail clinged lightly "Because whatever you let them put inside of me drowns out Jayce, and with out Jayce I don't have somewhere to put all this hate and anger and horrible feelings! So now this is just who I am! And because of that I don't care about what you had to go through, and I don't care about your death, I wish I could have made it last longer!!"
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 11:46 pm

Markus looked between the two of them for a moment before shaking his head. "I've got a feeling that nothing that's come rushing back to you would give us any bit of a lead towards getting the damn thing out of him either. That would be too much to hope seeing as how everyone who was even involved in that mess is dead now. Well, except for you I suppose." Now that Jack had pushed him off, he crossed his arms, but kept an eye on Jack to make sure the tiefling wasn't about to draw his weapon when May might still be of some assistance to them. "I'm still interested to see how on earth you managed to find yourself... ", he looked up and down her scaled body. "... here. Some kind of phylactery maybe?"
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:06 am

"I don't know! Didn't I tell you that already?" May snaps at Markus, before quickly turning back to Jack. "And you could have! You could have tortured me if you wanted, and I expected you to! So why the hell did you just finish me off so quickly if you hate me that much?!" Her voice breaks at the end, her eyes brimming with tears that she quickly blinks away.

"I only ever wanted to help... and look what happened to me. I was a pathetic excuse for a cleric. I... I truly deserved to die." She slumps slightly forward, looking lost. "It was nice to be able to live carefree, for a while."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 12:14 am

Jack paused for a long moment before he finally responded, " I didn't drag it out because I didn't really want you to die.." He admitted, his tone not so loud or angry.
"I wanted it all to end... The torment I went through- am still going through." He lowered his hand from the hilt of his blade relaxed a little, though his expression still angry. "It all needed to end, so you needed to die... You betrayed me when I trusted you and held you so dearly to me..." He never looked away from her eyes, his heart aching lightly. "You should have been able to fight it enough for your friend... And part of me was convinced that if I killed everyone involved it would go away..." Jack reached his hand back into his hooded cloak and rubbed the back of his neck where the implant was.
At times it caused him pain. Not just mental, but physical. Like whatever it was didn't like him trying to fight back with it...
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:41 pm

Markus sighed. "Like I said, too much to hope for." He turned away from the two of them and took a step away. "Well. I suppose I should say it's a pleasure to meet you after so long May. Bit strange circumstances I'll admit." He had a feeling that the two of them would have a lot more catching up to do before there were any time for pleasantries, assuming they'd come at all. From what Asakku had found it seemed she was genuine, and at least now Jack seemed willing to listen.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:01 pm

Looking at Jack mournfully, May sighs, "Look, Jack, if I could change what happened I would have. If I could have saved you, I would have-- but that was far from an option. I already atoned for my sins with my life, and by some miracle, I was not allowed to remain dead. Or human, apparently." She crosses her arms, intentionally digging her claws into her arms. Shifting her weight to the side, she continues, "But I've done good here. I'm... fairly practiced in this body as it stands and I'd like to take advantage of it, and of my second chance. I don't want anymore conflict. I just want to do my work, wherever that takes me."

She gives a sidelong look at Markus, fins twitching. "I can't say it's the right time for introductions, but... I appreciate the sentiment, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Jack fell silent once again and looked away from May staring at the dark floor. He was really unsure of what to say next. Thinking about what had happened brought back so many memories and with it so many emotions. Anger and stress... But also sadness and regret.
His facial expression softened greatly and his shoulders slumped lightly. "For what it's worth...." He started to say but paused as if he wasn't going to finished his sentence. And he didn't finished the one he started, he couldn't, so he ending with something different.
"Thank you..." Jack's voice was soft and torn as he thought about what he had done to her. He didn't look back up but turned around to leave the small room, grabbing his bag as he left. He was sure she didn't want him around anymore.
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:29 pm

Markus could see the pain on his friend's face. Frankly, he didn't blame him given the situation. Even without being the one who had sought out May before, his reaction would have certainly been quite a different if he hadn't taken it right from the source. As Jack left the room he shifted slightly to go after him but stopped, looking back at May. "I can't say that for certain that everything is now behind the two of you. I wouldn't be surprised to see you walk away now and just let things be as they have been."

He turned then and stepped through the door. Just before it closed behind him, he looked back one more time. "If you follow though, you'd best be prepared for the consequences. When blood has been spilt, it will take more than this to clear the waters." With that he followed after Jack, checking the straps on his bag to make sure everything was secure.

Once he caught up with the tiefling he smiled over at him. "Well, about time we caught up with the others I'd imagine. Might take a while given how long you slept in for."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 4:28 pm

May watches Jack go, her jaws parting for a brief second as though she attempts to speak, but can't find the proper words. What could she possibly say to him at this point in time? There's little she can do besides put some salve over already-healed wounds and hope for the best result.

Then Markus leaves, and his words spur her into action. Abandoning her post, May steps out of the room and tails the two at a quickened pace.

"Jack, wait-- please--" she tries, her claws bunching up into fists. "I don't want it to end like this. Don't just leave after everything."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Jack just made a short glance at Markus and kept walking. Not only was he running away from May, he was running away from his emotions. His heart skipped a beat when he heard her voice call after him. Everything told him not to stop and just keep running away like he always did. But he stopped, and turned back to face her.
"What do you want May?" He asked, "you said you had a good life here.... I don't want to ruin that for you anymore then I have.."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:03 pm

Markus stopped with Jack but didn't turn. He let out a quiet sight and rubbed his furrowed brow. S'pose things weren't meant to be easy, nor simple. Especially not around these ones. "So what exactly do you expect to happen now then?" He asked, finally turning to face May. "You're here and alive, despite our friend's best attempts. Now you're chasing after him despite having a safe place to do what you've done your whole life. It's hard to see the wisdom in that."

He Gave Jack a quick glance, measuring his temperament. He sent a mental thought to him as well. If you plan to leave, then make it quick and make it decisive. You don't want unanswered questions haunting you.
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 2:05 pm

May shoots Markus a stern look, her decisiveness like a sharp gleam in her eyes.

"Then maybe I'm not as wise as you take me for," she says quickly, quietly, turning her attention back to Jack. "Because I had a life here, and I was happy, but the me that was living here in blissful ignorance is not the same person that I am now. That I was."

She absentmindedly smooths down her robes. Yet another thing the temple had provided her, for free, out of kindness and gratitude for her services. She preferred the weight of chainmail to the gentle feel of this cloth. She had never been fond of luxury.

"The idea of helping others... drives me, I admit that. In a perfect world maybe I would find peace here. It's tempting to stay, it's always going to be tempting to stay, but... I am of better use elsewhere. I know that now. Helping fix your wound reminded me of how much better I am while under fire. In the midst of combat. I'm not meant to be an idle healer." She laughs a little, humorlessly. "I learned under fire. I'm drawn to it. Maybe that's why I don't think I can bear to let you go without me."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 4:09 pm

Jacks expression turned from one of annoyance to understanding. He weighed over what might happen if they let May come along again. It couldn't be that bad could it? Then he was reminded of her betrayal and his heart hurt a bit. He could never trust her. Not again. He wouldn't be caught so off guard.

"Fine..." He finally said at length. "You can come... But I am not going to pretend to trust you."
Back to top Go down
Silver Lining
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
Silver Lining

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2015 4:36 pm

"Suit yourself then" Markus laughed, surprised at the stubbornness of the girl. "Hope you remember the joy of sleeping in mud with a rock for a pillow as well. But ah well, I'm sure we could use the help. Jack here has a nasty habit of falling on swords and wandering into arrows. Might be he needs a woman of the cloth with him at all times if he plans to live past 30." He threw a smirk at Jack, though he could still see the sternness in the tiefling's eyes. Even if he let May follow them he certainly wasn't happy about it, Markus could tell that much.

"Now, I'm sure we'll need to catch up with the others sooner or later, but I did hear a few rumors in town while we waited. If you're itching to test out May's handiwork we can always investigate one before finding the others. Been a few fisherman disappearing near the lake as well as an increase in caravan raids. Word is there's even a necromancer on the loose too."
Back to top Go down
absolute configuration
A labor of Love
A labor of Love
absolute configuration

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:54 pm

Casting a slight glance at Markus with a softened expression, perhaps one of gratitude or understanding, she then visibly bristles at Jack. Such a conversation was bound to happen eventually.

"If you can't learn to trust me after I was enslaved, treated like a puppet, and forced to do horrible acts with no control of my own... then don't expect me to act kindly towards you for murdering me and several innocents while entirely in your own mind. We had no choice, but you did... and you fell right into his hands." She trails off, forcing her attention away from Jack. Her eyes dim a little as she recalls the more painful memories she had only just regained, and some of her still wished she hadn't.

"What we had done had to be repaid somehow, but of our own free will. We all knew we would have to spend the rest of our lives attempting to redeem ourselves in the eyes of Bahamut. But sentencing us all to immediate death out of vengeance, without so much hearing what had happened to us? There is no redemption in that. There is no peace of rest."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:10 pm

As his expression hardened once again Jack's heart raced. His own free will? His choice? Was it his choice? Was it possible that he could explain away his side and make her understand. Probably not. Deep down he knew he wanted to forgive her, because he had cherished her so much before the mess. And that was why it hurt so badly and why his primal instinct made him exact his revenge. The whispers from the unknown source that he had been dealing with for some time. And the ones from the man who had controlled them all.... And Jayce... No body could understand what control Jayce had over him even when he wasn't in direct control.
He seemed like he was going to argue back with May, maybe even yell and tell her to fuck off. But as quickly as the anger built inside of him it died off and his expression became almost blank, his green eyes dull and almost dead.

"I don't expect anyone to treat me kindly for the things I have done..." He starred past her, memories of all the things he had done flashing by him. The teifling started walking toward the exit again, expecting the other two to follow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vita ante acta   vita ante acta - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vita ante acta
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: