Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demonic Happenings

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:32 am

Vincent chuckled lightly, "normally it would not bother me." He sighed lightly, an act only to calm his nerves, and removed his hand from his face to look at them. His eyes were still dark and his smile was a little less genuine, but he was no worse for ware.

Colt didn't move when she was spoken to, like she was stuck in a trance for a moment. But before her friends could press further she suddenly shook her head and then her whole body as if shaking off water.
"I'm fine," she said lightly, "couple small cuts. I'll heal quickly." She remained in her wolf form though, as she often did. Sometimes she spent more time running around as a wolf then in her natural state.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 am

"Alright, good. Glad everyone's okay. Sorry to make you do that, but we got caught a bit off-guard." Devon glanced over at Zeke, who still looked vaguely ill. "You gonna live? We still need to make a pit stop at the nearest clinic or something for you, which will not work well if you're passed out on the street."

"I'll live," Zeke replied. His gaze slid down to the corpse of the shadow, which was beginning to disintegrate in wisps of black that disappeared into the air. He grimaced, but was unable to take his eyes off the sight.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 1:02 am

"Should we do something with this body?" Colt asked looking at the human body that was there when they arrived.
"I could bury it in the forest..." Sometimes if they left mangled bodies it raised a lot of suspicion and made the locals go on a man hunt.

Vincent tried to ignore to pungent, but delightful, smell of human blood. He couldn't wait for the energy he took from the demon to ware off. He knew if he used it the process would go faster. But he couldn't really bring himself to do that either.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 pm

"Yeah, probably. Can't really just leave the poor gal here." Devon sighed, putting her hands on her hips. She then leaned down to poke around in the body's clothing pockets. "See if we can find an ID and tip off the family about what happened, if she has any."

The scent of the human's blood hit Zeke's nose and he grit his teeth. The smell was simultaneously nauseating and enticing, and the combination threatened to make him ill again. He couldn't start drinking this on a regular basis. He refused.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 am

There was no ID on the body and while they took a closer look they noticed that she was a little dirty and her clothes were grubby.
"Maybe she was homeless..." Colt suggested quietly. She sniffed at the body once, noting that it didn't smell very clean either.
"That's just sad..." She said to herself.
When there was no ID or anything of significance found on the body she tucked her nose under it and carefully maneuvered it onto her back.
"I'll go back to the motel when I am done."

"Are you sure you will be alright alone?" Vincent asked, though he had faith in her. The wolf nodded a reply.
"It wont take me long.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 5:26 pm

"Damn," Devon sighed when her search turned up empty. She stood and backed away from the unfortunate corpse. "Hate it when we're too late to stop anything. Yeah, go take care of it, I guess."

Zeke made a face. "Are you really that cold about it?" he asked, looking disbelievingly between Colt and Devon. "You've got a dead homeless woman and you're just--that okay with carting her off like a dog?"

Devon turned a flat expression on him. "Okay, well, first of all, maybe don't say that to the half-dog people," she replied. "Second of all, it's either this or human authorities start tracking us down, so . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:51 am

Colt eyes settled on Zeke in something of a glare.
"We keep our eyes out for family or such, but what else are we supposed to do? At least I bury them, where as the cops would end up burning her when no family came forth..." She said bitterly, her lips arching just a tiny bit.
"It's not us who chose to throw her out and make her an outcast to society!" She nearly barked with her last comment. But before anyone could say more she turned and trotted away from the group, heading toward the forest.

Vincent let out a soft sigh as if to break the tension. "Maybe we should keep moving..." He suggested quietly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:03 am

Zeke, sensing he had misstepped, grimaced and drew up his shoulders. "Sorry," he murmured to Devon. "I didn't mean to--I just can't get used to all of this. All of this hunting and demons and all the violence... I just don't get how you can get used to it."

Devon sighed heavily. "It's alright," she replied. "We've been doing it for awhile. A lot of it is just a necessary evil. Colt will be fine until you can apologize to her, but in the meantime, we're finding you some blood whether you like it or not." She shoved her hands into her coat pockets and picked a direction, heading down the street.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:12 am

Vincent watched Colt fade out of view before turning and walking quickly to catch up with the other two.
"Unfortunately, I have grown thirsty, probably from draining that demon..." He said as if he felt a little ashamed about it.
"I can wait if need be, but it is very bothersome."
The vampire was careful to not look at Devon too long, or else his gaze would become fixed.
"I can also find something on my own, but it takes some time usually."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 am

"It's alright. We'll try to get you sorted too, if we can." Devon frowned a bit, seeing Vincent refuse to look at her, but said nothing. Nobody else knew, besides her, that he absolutely had to feed from live humans, and we shouldn't say anything now. She wasn't thrilled, but nothing about any sort of demon life was easy.

Zeke followed reluctantly behind the other two, his hands in his hoodie pockets. He would have to find Colt whenever they were all together again.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:42 am

After some time of walking they managed to not find anymore trouble, but they did find a hospital. They snuck in the back entrance and with Vincents help of persuading a couple nurses they managed to find where all the blood was kept. Vincent could only manipulate some humans for a short time and nothing against their moral standing. He just suggested they go on a break. The vampires opted to wait outside the door while Devon filled a cooler up with blood bags before they made their way back to the exit and left. Thankfully it went down with out a hitch. And Vincent had remembered to grab a few other things on their way out that would be helpful later.
Vincent stared at the cooler that Devon was carrying, making a slightly disgusted face.
"As much as I wish I could drink from bags, just thinking about it makes me feel itchy..." He said as he scratched at the side of his neck idly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 2:57 pm

Devon hefted the heavy cooler in her arms, wishing she'd thought to grab anything easier to carry. Werewolf strength only went so far. Still, it would be more than enough tide Zeke over for a couple of months, which meant no more trips like this for some time. Thank god.

At Vincent's complaint, Devon made a slight face. "Yeah, I know," she murmured back. She dropped her voice a tad, hoping that Zeke, who was busy looking anywhere but at Devon and the cooler of blood, wasn't paying attention. "I know you and Ronnie already went out tonight, so if you need a volunteer..."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Vincent gave her a confused look, blinking a few times.
"OH!" He said suddenly as he realized what she was talking about.
"Oh no, dear, I am fine," he blushed very lightly, "I can hold off a few more days. And it shouldn't be hard to find more tomorrow night.. I, uh... Thank you for the offer though.." Vincent gave a nervous laugh. He couldn't deny that he had thought about it. She was pretty much the what he liked, and werewolf blood was rather sweet and not something he got to taste very often. But he hated the idea of drinking off his friends, even if he could heal them.

Just then Devon got another text message. It was from Ronnie:
DONT COME BACK
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 7:17 pm

"If you say so. But if it does come down to--oh bloody hell," Devon cut her off swearing as her phone pinged. She was forced to set down the cooler to reach the phone in her pocket, and when she saw the message, she blanched.

"Something's wrong," she said, already texting back: why? What happened
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 8:05 pm

"What?" Vincent asked leaning forward a bit to try and see the message on her phone. When he saw Ronnie's text a lump formed in his chest.
"We obviously can't listen to him," he said quickly, hoping she would agree.

There was no response back though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 11:14 pm

"No," Devon agreed, shoving the phone back into her pocket. "We need to get back now."

"What's happening?" Zeke asked, cleaning his neck to look see the message. "Is it Ronnie?"

"Apparently. Come on, we need to get back to the motel now." Devon hefted the cooler into her arms and took off at a run without waiting for a response, sprinting through the snow with a grace belying her human appearance.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 6:18 pm

Vincent was quickly on Devons heels, anxious to know if hos friend was alright or not and what was going on.

When they got back to the motel everything was silent and seemed to be exactly as they left it. At least on the outside. The faint stench of human blood lingered in the air though.. And... flowers?

Vincent paused for a second outside the their door, unable to open it because the smell was coming from inside. He gave a desperate look to Devon, unable to say anything.

When the door was finally opened their eyes quickly landed on a figure sitting in the chair that Ronnie has last been sitting in. Blood spattered the nearby walls and floor and their human friend was gone. Villie sat there with his legs crossed, licking blood off his finger, his red eyes glowing in the darkness of the room.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 pm

As they neared the motel, Devon abandoned the cooler nearby to be recovered later, hands flying to her guns instead. She shoved open the door without waiting, aiming both pistols at whoever had intruded on their temporary home.

Who she found made her blood run cold.

"Villie," she snarled, her lips curling over wolfish canines. "What are you doing here?"

Zeke was close behind, but as soon as the stench of blood hit him, his pace slowed to a reluctant walk. He stayed behind Devon and Vincent, afraid of what he might find if he even glimpsed into the room.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Vincent searched around the room quickly before settling a glare on Villie.
"William! Where is Ronnie!?"

"Well, that's no way to greet your brother after such a long absence..." Villie acted like he was hurt. There was a large bleeding gash on his cheek bone, but it didn't seem to bother him.
He slowly licked the blood off his hand again, "it's strange... blood does seem to be like wine... better with age."

Vincent opened his mouth as if to say something but nothing came out. Villie had hurt Ronnie before. But never enough to leave so much blood behind.
"Wher-"
"If you had come when I summoned you this wouldn't have had to happen little brother.." Villie hissed, bringing himself to his feet.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Devon kept both guns trained on Villie, although she knew any damage she could do with them would be minimal. She prayed that the blood on the walls was not Ronnie's--at least, not enough to indicate what they all feared. "Why are you here," she repeated, a growl underlying her forceful voice. "He's not coming with you. Nobody is."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:22 pm

"I came to retrieve my brother!" Villie answered happily. "We are having something of a reunion and he is one of most wanted guests."

"Reunion?" Vincent questioned, his voice almost broken.

"Friends, family..." Villie trailed off, "the whole sha-bang!" As if on que there was a loud explosion that shook the walls from the other end of the motel. People screamed from their rooms as the whole place started to catch on fire, starting at the opposite end of the motel from them. Villie laughed and mumbled something about perfect timing.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:30 pm

"You're not taking him--" Devon was cut off by the sound of the explosion, nearly knocked off her feet by the wall of heat that roiled over them all. She stood her ground as the hot wind ripped at their clothing.

"What the hell was that?!" Zeke yelped behind them.

Devon groaned. "Get the humans out of here!" she yelled over her shoulder, already holstering her guns. For the second time that night, she couldn't count on her trusty weapons to help her. Without waiting for a response, she shifted and lunged at Villie, claws extended and fangs bared in a vicious snarl.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Villie was fully prepared for Devons attack. He let himself fall with her, grabbing her by the front of her neck to keep her mouth away from him and also to use her momentum to throw her back against the wall. He quickly stood up and hissed at her.
"Do you really think one single wolf can kill me?" He asked, but not really wanting an answer.
There was another snarl behind him that he didn't expect and Colt hit him across the back but he was quickly thrown against the wall with her friend. She yelped as she hit the wall and collapsed. Her paws were dirty and she was covered in cuts as if she had been fighting int he time they were apart.

In this time Vincent did as he was told and ran back out of the room and toward the fire. It wasn't hard for him to run headlong into the smoke filled rooms and come back out with a human in his arms. He gently set them down in a safe area before running back inside toward the screams.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Devon yelped as she hit the wall and slid, but it didn't keep her down for long. As soon as she was on her paws again, she was on Villie again, determined to keep him on the defensive so he couldn't do any other harm.

Alarmed but determined to help, Zeke followed Vincent's lead, stumbling away from the room and toward the rest of the motel. He couldn't carry the other hums to safety but he helped to lead them out, away from the fire and fights.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 1:38 am

Colt got back up and shook her head, trying to shake off the pain. The hairs on her back raised up again and she leaped at the vampire as well.
Together they managed to land several blows on the vampire, but he barely seemed to noticed. Over and over again he threw them off and they leaped at him again. Then they both landed solid bites on him, one on his leg and one on his arm. Unlike other vampires he didn't fall into a pile of ash, he didn't scream in pain, and this time... He didn't throw them off again.
"I'm growing tired of this!" As he shouted lines of electricity arched off of his body, shocking the two wolves violently.
Colt cried loudly, letting go of the vampire and falling to the floor, convulsing before shifting back to her human form and laying still.

Villie cursed under his breath as he looked over his wounds, his clothes soaked in blood. His skin burnt where they had bitten him and the air smelt of it.

Vincent and Zeke slowly worked to get all of the people out of the motel. They were finishing up when the night air was filled with flashing lights and sirens. The older vampire grabbed Zeke by the back of the shirt and pulled him into the darkness of a near by alley way. His clothes were singed, probably more in a few patches, and he winced lightly in pain.
"They can not take my brother by themselves, we need to help," he said breathlessly. Wolf cries rang through the night air as they were shocked. The humans wouldn't have been able to hear it over the sirens and screaming.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 12:01 pm

Devon held on as long as she could, locking her jaw and digging her teeth into Villie's flesh, but she could only last a second. She was thrown back just after Colt, skidding across the floor and into the wall. She barely held onto her wolf form, every cell in her body begging her to shift back into her easier human body.

"What the fuck is your goal here?" she panted, glaring up at Villie with the last of her strength. "Why do you want him so badly? He'll never help you."

"What?" Zeke yelped. His eyes were wide and fearful in the alternating blue and red lights of the oncoming police. Soot smudged his face and clothes, and the sleeve of his hoodie was singed black. "What are we supposed to do? If they can't handle him, how are we supposed to?"

Not only did he fear for his life as it was, Zeke could feel the thirst for blood rising. He had put himself off as long as he could, but the exertion and the constant scent of blood around him were beginning to take their toll. His fangs peeked out as he spoke, hinting at his distress.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 2:29 pm

Colt didn't move from where she layed on the floor, there was a large bruise forming across her face and going into her hair line.

Villie laughed, "I just wanted my brother. But now I am considering taking another prize..." He took a step closer to the two but paused when there was a light thud. He held up his hand but it was gone. Where Colt had bitten him on the arm it had worn through his skin and bone. It seemed like wolf bites would still turn him to ash but it seemed to be very localized. He grunted in pain, holding his stump with his free hand.
Behind him the flames were licking up the walls of their room and smoke was starting to fog their vision. "Now I can't have my fun, I will have kill you!" the vampire shouted, letting off another stream of electricity.

Just as the smoke of the room blocked all of their vision several loud gun shots rang through the air. There was a choke and gargle before a stream of curse words from Villie. And then suddenly, his stench seemed to be gone.
The roof cracked and groaned loudly as it threatened to cave in.
Someone stepped in close to Devon and Colt, gently picking up Colt and hoisting her over their shoulder before reaching out a hand to Devon.
"Come on, this place is coming down," Drakes voice said through the smoke.

Vincent started to panic more. His friend was gone and probably dead, and they were going to die facing his brother and there was nothing he could do about it. Sure he had some powers that might come in handy, but he couldn't get past of the heart stopping fear his brother made him feel.
"I do not...." He searched for the right words. What use would they be in this fight? Zeke was so young to this that he didn't know any of this own strengths yet.
"Th-they have help on the way..."
Vincent nearly jumped out of his skin as he turned around to see Ronnie walking toward them, using the wall of the alley as balance, holding his side.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Just as Devon was bracing for the impact of the cave-in, she heard the newcomer's voice. Startled, she looked up into Drake's familiar face, and was immediately overcome by relief.

"Holy shit," she breathed. "Leave it to you to wait until the last dramatic second." Before she could say anything else, however, the ceiling gave a threatening groan, and a chunk of plaster hit the ground in front of them. She swore and turned, bolting for the nearest exit, ducking around rubble and flames as she went. It was a difficult run, her body weak with exhaustion and the lingering effects of the shock, but she pushed through.

Zeke barely held back a yelp, but when he recognized Ronnie, he immediately ran to help. "Oh my god, you're okay," he said in disbelief, maneuvering to help him stand. "How hurt are you? Who's coming?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Drake shook his head lightly but quickly followed after Devon. When they were outside he noticed the police starting their way, trying to figure out where the gun shots had come from. He ducked into the near by alley that the other 3 were hiding in, Colt still limp over his shoulder.

Ronnie gladly took Zeke's help, leaning on him. He was about to open his mouth to try an explain when Drake entered the alley way. So instead he just motioned tiredly.

Vincent didn't notice at first, he was too busy hugging his friend around the neck, trying not to hurt him more. When he turned to face Drake his expression grew concerned again. He didn't know who he was.

Drake was taller and more muscled then everyone there. He had striking white hair that hung over his bright blue eyes that seemed to have slitted pupils just ever so slightly. His skin was pale and he had fangs that peeked over his lips and he was dressed in all black, a black cloaking barely hiding his guns holstered at his hips. But it didn't hide the shot gun on his back.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Once in the alley, Devon finally shifted back, leaning against the cold brick for support. Blood was smudged on her face and hands, remnants from Villie mixed with bits of her own. She could barely keep her eyes open now that she was out of immediate danger.

Despite being told Drake was friendly, Zeke was still suspicious. "Who are you?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at the stranger.

"He's Drake. He's fine. He helped us." Devon rested her head against her arm for just a moment, trying to regain any sense of stability. "Fuck, that lightning thing hurt. Wish you'd gotten there thirty seconds earlier. Maybe grabbed some of our bags on the way out."

Even half-dead, she couldn't resist a bit of sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:13 pm

Drake shrugged, which was hard to do with Colt over his shoulder.
"I guess I will just let him kill you next time," he returned whatever Devon dished out pretty easily. Their relationship was usually filled with playful jabs.

Vincent move over to Devon to offer her some help, "lightning?" he questioned warily. "That is new."

Drake glanced back from where they came form. "The police saw us, we gotta go." His voice was deep, strong and gravely. He didn't have he raise it to get his point across. "I have a car just down the road, we can come back later to get whatever is left of your things.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Devon leaned gratefully on Vincent. "Yeah, the lightning was a bit unexpected," she agreed wearily. "Pretty sure that's just unnecessary. Not even sure I have nerves anymore."

"Are you sure they won't follow us?" Zeke asked nervously as they started to move out, glancing back in the direction of the burning motel and the police surrounding it. "Won't that all be suspicious? Didn't Devon leave a cooler of blood out there?"

"I worked so hard to carry that, too," Devon mumbled, head lolling against Vincent's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:39 pm

"It will be fine," Drake insisted, shooting Zeke a stern look. It wasn't quite like a glare, but it wasn't very nice either. "We have bigger problems right now."

Vincent kept glancing back on Ronnie to make sure he was still alive and getting help from Zeke. He knew his hard headed friend would turn away help a lot. He also glanced as Devon. She smelt slightly of burnt air, and blood, but at least she was alive.

The group made their way to a black car parked down the street a bit. It was a fairly plain looking car, but the windows were heavily tinted. Drake frowned slightly. His car wasn't big enough for all six of them. He sighed before opening the trunk and placing Colt in it gently. He held the back of his hand to her lips to feel for her breath before closing the truck.

Vincent first helped Devon get into the front seat and then Ronnie into the back seat so Zeke didn't have to. He whispered something to his friend in which he nodded in return.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:43 pm

Zeke held up his free hand in surrender to Drake's annoyed expression. Far be it for him to piss off the most threatening-looking one there.

Devon slouches with relief in the front seat of the car, finally giving in to the urge to close her eyes and rest. "So how did you know to come find us?" she asks as she hears Drake get into the driver's seat. "Villie caught us by surprise while we were out."

Zeke cast a worried glance at Colt as she was placed in the back of the car. It was far from the safest location, but right now, he had to admit it was all they had. He sat quietly in the back seat of the car, trying not to fidget but visibly shaken.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 3:58 pm

"I didn't," Drake replied as he started the car. "I was following the trail of a group of vampires when I smelt a lot of blood. I found this guy," he thumbed back at Ronnie, "and Colt fighting some vampires." He stared to drive away from the motel, it's blaze finally under control by the firemen.
"Colt took off before she told me where she was going, so he had to tell me where you were staying. I told him to stay in the car." He shrugged again. "I had no idea Villie was in the group I was following or that you were even in this state.."

Vincent quietly scolded Ronnie about how he should have stayed in the car. He waved at his friend, leaning his head on the window. His eyes blurred a little, the loss of blood was starting to really get to him. His body hurt all over.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:08 pm

Devon nodded once, wearily. "We came out here to help Vincent and Ronnie," she replied. "Thought Villie was at least a little ways out. Didn't realize he was already here. We've only been in town for like four hours."

"He's going to come back again, isn't he," Zeke piped up from the backseat. He glanced worriedly between everyone in the car. Not one of them, besides Drake, appeared to be uninjured. "He nearly killed you all. He's going to try again."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:19 pm

Vincent looked at his hands, feeling enormously guilty of bringing this situation to them. Neither him or Ronnie said anything.

"When everyone is recovered enough we can get out of this state," Drake answered, "maybe go to the association for protection until we can figure something out. If we stick together Villie is unlikely to attack again anytime soon. His MO is to get people alone." He glanced in his mirror at the three. He noticed Ronnie didn't look too good. Humans were so weak. He tried not to show it, but he had a distaste for humans that seemed to grow every year.

After a few minutes he turned the car down a long dirt road. It lead to a old rickity farm house standing by a barn in a field. There weren't any houses near by. It seemed really undisturbed in the snow. Once they were stopped he got out to fetch Colt out of the trunk.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:49 pm

Devon slowly pulled herself out of the car, leaning carefully on the door as she got to her feet. The drive had done very little to aid in her recovery. She felt like she could sleep for years.

"The HA's probably the best bet," she groaned. "Go underground for a little bit, maybe see if anyone's turned up anything else. He was really desperate to get his hands on Vincent for something, which sounds to me like he's got a plan in store."

Zeke looked doubtfully at the old barn. "Is this really the best place?" he asked. "Shouldn't we get at least Ronnie to the hospital? The rest of us might be alright, but he seems bit . . . not good."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 5:06 pm

"No hospitals," Ronnie groaned as Vincent helped him out of the car.

Drake lead the way into the house, the wooden floor creeking under his feet. He set Colt down on the couch before switching on a couple lights. The inside of the house wasn't any warmer then outside. But he went t remedy that by starting a fire in the fireplace.

Vincent sat Ronnie on a rocking chair and crouched down next to him.
"Want me to heal you?" He asked quietly. Ronnie hesitated before nodding and holding out his wrist. The vampire took his wrist and scrubbed away from dirt and blood with his sleeve. His fangs slowly lengthened and he bit down.
Ronnie winced and looked away, even after so long, he hated to see his friend as a monster.
After a short moment Vincent pulled away even though every fiber of his being screamed at him to keep drinking. He wiped his mouth on his sleeve before standing up. Ronnie kept his eyes closed and his body limped just a little as if he fell sleep.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 11:32 pm

Devon stood beside Drake, though she was still a bit wobbly on her feet. She watched as he built up the fire, lost in thought herself. "So have you heard anything about Villie?" she asked. "Nobody else seems to have any ideas about what he's doing. Not even Vincent."

Zeke stood by the edge of the couch, looking down at Colt. It was hard to believe that a few hours ago, she was just lively and cheerful, and now she was unconscious from willingly fighting for someone else's life. She and Devon both had, but at least Devon was awake and functional. With Colt, who knew. He felt immensely guilty that he had been unable to do anything but stand on the sidelines, all but crying in fear.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 11:39 pm

"No, I don't know anything about it," Drake said standing up and dusting his hands off. "Like I said, I was just following a group of vampires, I had no idea Villie was in the group." He walked away from her and into another room but he returned quickly with a large med kit.

"Does he need anything?" He asked Vincent, motioning to Ronnie. Vincent jumped slightly as if breaking out a trans. He looked him over for a moment before lifting his shirt to reveal a large gash on his abdomen.
"Yes, I should wrap this."

Drake took out a bandage and tossed it to him and then looked back to Devon and setting the kit on the coffee table.
"I'll patch up Colt, do you need help with any of your wounds?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:01 pm

Devon shook her head. "No, mine are mostly superficial, minus any nerve damage from being shocked to hell. Take care of Colt." She sat on the coffee table and reached for some gauze and a bottle of antiseptic. As she shrugged off her coat, it revealed a number of bruises up and down her arms and chest, as well as a few scratches, but nothing severe.

"Can I help?" Zeke offered to Drake. He couldn't look too long at any of Colt's wounds, but he was determined to do something, anything besides sit around and be useless.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:46 pm

Drake sat down next to Colt on the couch before looking back at Zeke. His expression was hard but also had a bit of confusion.
"uh... Yeah, get a warm bowl of water from the kitchen?" Drake said finally. He didn't want to blow... whoever this was.. off, but he wasn't sure how much help he would be. He didn't look like the type ho could stich a wound.

He carefully took Colts jacket off and checked her body over for the worst of her wounds with out looking into really personal areas. She had a nasty bruise on her head, and a few good cuts but nothing life threatening. He guessed she was knocked out and hoped for no concussion. When Zeke came back with the water he cleaned a few of her more dirty cuts, wiping away dirt and dried blood before stitching together the really deep ones and bandaging the rest.
"At least she's out for this, but she better wake up soon..." He mentioned as he finished.

By then Vincent had finished wrapping Ronnies midsection and looked over toward Colt.
"I... could heal her... But I feel uncomfortable about it with out her permission..." He said lightly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:07 pm

Zeke was quick to leap to his feet to bring back the water. It was a menial task, and he had a feeling Drake was humoring him more than anything, but right now he needed to do something. Anything to assuage his guilt and distract from his growing thirst.

Devon dabbed at her own wounds with gauze and antiseptic, barely flinching as it stung. "I wouldn't," she said to Vincent. "We get into scraps all the time, and the whole consent thing's a bit weird when she's unconscious. She'll be okay with some rest. How's Ronnie looking?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:42 pm

Vincent looked at the ground a little ashamed that he offered in the first place. His powers always had a catch. They hardly seemed useful at all.
"He will be alright, just needs rest." He rubbed the back of head, feeling just as useless as Zeke did.

Once Drake was done he wiped his hands off and stood back up from the couch to add another log to the fire. He thought for a moment and headed back into the bedroom. He returned with two blood bags and offered one to Zeke and Vincent.
"I don't have any food, I didn't plan on running into anyone who might need it.." He said to Devon.
Vincent put his hand up and shook his head, refusing as politely as he could. Drake just shrugged at him.

With out notice Colt suddenly shot up from her position on the couch shouting, "NO!" in a terrified tone.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Zeke awkwardly took the blood bag, pinched between two fingers. His distate was evident on his face, but the desire to feed grew tenfold just having the blood in his hands. Whether he liked it or not, he would have to drink.

That was forgotten pretty quickly when Colt yelled. He jumped in shock and dropped the bag, which hit the floor with an unappealing squelch.

Devon cast an uncertain glance Vincent's way as he declined the blood, but said nothing. Like Zeke, her attention was immediately drawn to Colt's outburst. She set aside the first aid supplies and got to her feet. "Easy, Colt, you're fine," she said, holding out her hands. "Villie's gone."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:44 pm

((attempt to reply on my phone))

Colt looked at Devon first and then around the room. Slowly she realized that what her friend told her was true and she let out a breath. Her shoulders relaxed a little, "what happened?" She groaned lightly and held her head as it throbbed.

"I saved your asses like usual," Drake teases, crossing his arms over his chest. He smiled though, glad to see her awake.

Colt leaned forward and rested her head against her arm over her knees, her body tensed up again and her shoulders shook very lightly like she was trying not to cry.
"That was really scary...." She squeaked.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 12:09 am

Zeke leaned over to lay a hand in Colt's shoulder, light and hesitant in case she reacted poorly to the touch. "It was l," he agreed in a murmur "But it's alright now. We're safe."

Devon lightly smacked Drake on the arm for his response, but she was smiling, too. "Villie knocked you out,but Drake got us out of there. The motels's fucked, but we'll go back later. Thinking about finding the nearest chapter of the HA."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 1:11 am

Colt pulled her head up to look at Zeke's hand, hot tears brimming on her eye lids. She sighed to try and calm herself, leaning her cheek on his hand just a little. The reassuring touch did a lot of comfort her and calm her down. It grounded her in a way, reminding her where the real world was, and dulled her panic.
"How did he find us so fast?" She asked, knowing no one had the answer. She had been prepared to see him, but not like this, and not so soon.

Drake winced and rubbed his arm in mock pain. When he smiled his large fangs were very hard to hide. They were long like a starving vampire, but he seemed fine. And two other sets at behind them. That wasn't normal for a vampire.
These were things Vincent noticed, along with his burnt smell and icy eyes. Something was off about Drake but he couldn't put a finger on it.
He glanced at Ronnie before turning for the front door. "I will be back in a short time."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 1:57 pm

"It's a mystery," Devon sighed. "He bolted after Drake showed up, but I have no idea if we hurt him enough to keep him off our tail for a bit or not." When she saw Vincent sneaking toward the door, she added, "Where are you going? It's not safe to leave yet."

Zeke rubbed a little circle into Colt's shoulder with his fingertips before pulling his hand back into his lap. "So . . . where is this HA, anyway?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demonic Happenings    Demonic Happenings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demonic Happenings
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: