Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Orlain     - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Rane quickly shuffled over to the door and opened it, smiling widely. "Taiju! River is awake!" She said happily, turning to go back into her room. She was changed and packed, just overly excited about River.
On her bed River lay tiredly, but awake. He wagged his tail at Taiju and lifted his head a little. He looked really weak though.

Damien lost her smile quickly, "oh..." She looked down for just a moment. "Don't worry about it... Really. I mean Malak is dangerous in his own way... But I don't want you to worry about me and him. Cause there is nothing between us anymore. I really just think he says things like that just to make you mad." She tried to explain. She suddenly felt really nervous, as if Joey knew that for just a split second she had thought about what it would be like for her to go with Malak. She didn't want to leave Joey. She didn't have any good feelings left for Malak, she knew that. But the sense of adventure that would come with Malak made her wonder. But only for a second before she realized how stupid that was.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:12 pm

"Really?" Taiju said, surprised. He followed Rane into the room to see River, and was relieved to see the wolf awake for the first time in days. "That's good. I was starting to wonder if we would have to make another trip somewhere for him."

"I know. I don't really think you'd go for the hell of it." Joey hesitated, trying to find the words to explain himself. "I guess . . . I guess I'm worried that it's still an option. Like maybe you'll get a reason to want to find him again because of what happened before and he'll be able to use it against you or something. Maybe I'll ruin everything and that will be enough. I don't know."
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Rane nodded happily, "that's not the best part." She turned back to River and looked at him, as if expecting something. He glanced between the two quietly for a moment.
"I highly doubt he will be as excited about this as you..." A tired males voice came from the wolf. The wolf's mouth didn't move but it was pretty obvious that the voice was coming from him.

Damien hesitated for a moment, thinking about what Joey had said. "I don't think you could ever do anything that bad. You would have to pretty much murder all our friends before anything like that would happen. And even then, Malak used me. He didn't even like me and I can't ever forgive him." She explained with a small shrug of her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:44 pm

Taiju stared at River for a moment, raised an eyebrow, and glanced at Rane. "You might have to explain this to me," he said slowly.

Joey sighed heavily. "Still," he said. "It's just something I think about whether I need to or not. And really, this isn't even what I wanted to say. This has become a really dumb roundabout, spill-my-guts kind of way of saying anything, but . . ." He shook his head, took a deep breath, and forced himself to stand straighter and look Damien in the eye--his nerve wavered shortly after and he was soon staring at the floor. "Anyway, I know I don't act like it very often, if really ever, but I do really care about you. I don't think it'll change anytime soon, either, so if I do fuck everything up, it's probably not on purpose."

He shook his head and laughed dryly. "This probably sounds really stupid, but I figured you should know anyway. With everything that's been happening lately, it just . . . it seemed appropriate, I guess. Not exactly what I wanted to say, but I guess it's close enough."

((/walloftext))

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : why the fuck did I write that part twice)
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:25 pm

"I wouldn't know how to," Rane smiled widely. "I'm not sure how he is speaking, or why. But I'm glad it's not just me or I would think I was going crazy." She reached over and pat River on the head.

"It's actually pretty nice to be talking again... Though to me, it feels like I am just thinking." River tilted his head to the side, a bit confused as well.

Damien giggled lightly at Joey's babbling. She reached forward and hugged him firmly, "I know you do." She mumbled softly, "you don't have to remind me, but it's nice to hear." She kissed his cheek lightly and hugged him again, "I care about you more then anyone else..." She wanted to say love. She wanted to just spit it out and say the words I love you. But she was scarred. What if he didn't love her back? What if she scared him away? It wasn't worth the risk. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Taiju shook his head. "I feel like I should be more surprised than I am," he said, "but I think I've seen too much since agreeing to work with Kerian. Nothing is genuinely surprising anymore. Hopefully this means you'll communicate in better ways than running off into alleyways now, though." He cast a look at River.

"Like I said, I know it sounds really dumb, but I've just been thinking about things and with how easy it is for something to happen . . ." Joey trailed off as he embraced Damien, wishing he could explain himself better. No wonder it had been so difficult trying to say "I love you" earlier--he couldn't even say something less than that without using a hundred words more than necessary. It was probably for the best that he hadn't, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

River chuckled lightly, "you two still never got the point I was trying to make. And now that I can say so, I want to point out that you are both clueless." He teased lightly.
Rane looked confused, "what do you mean?" All River could respond with was a laugh.

Damien held Joey out at arms length to look at him. "Nothing is going to happen," she said firmly. Though it was hard for ever her to believe it sometimes. She doubted her abilities to work in a real relationship and in a place like this, everyday could be their last. But she never doubted Joey, not once.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Taiju raised a brow at River. "Because I'm sure you know much more about our relations than either of us do," he remarked.

"No, maybe not. But it's pretty much my job to worry about everything even if it's not necessary." Joey smiled faintly, relieved to finally have the conversation out of the way. This was precisely why he never had conversations like this in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 am

"I guess I do," River laughed, wagging his tail. "Since I could tell you two liked each other before you even knew it yourselves."

Rane crossed her arms, "well sorry I have never had feelings like this before.." She blushed slightly and gave Taiju a small smile.
River started to stand up from the bed, though he was very tired.

"If we could, I would like to keep this talking thing between us... I don't want to scare anyone and it just isn't something that they need to worry about..." River asked, stepping off the bed.

"I worry too, but more about me screwing this up. Or I worry that you will die all the time," Damien laughed, rolling her eyes lightly at herself. She knew it was ridiculous to worry about something so unlikely all the time.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:48 am

Taiju was a bit confused by the request, but he nodded anyway to show his agreement. "In that case, we should go," he said, looking back to Rane and fidgeting with the cloak under his arm. "She seemed anxious to leave, and for a good reason."

Joey smiled tiredly. "We really have the most dysfunctional relationship," he said. "Can't even go a day without thinking one of us is going to ruin the entire thing."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:17 am

Rane nodded, "yes, we need to get out of the city while we still can." She moved to grab her stuff but then paused, looking at Taiju's cloak under his arm. "Want me to help you put that one?" She asked.

Damien laughed and nodded, "we are the most pathetic couple ever, "She agreed as she turned to meet back up with the others.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:26 am

Taiju glanced down at his cloak; he'd forgotten he was carrying it. "That's not really necessary," he said lamely. Admittedly, he was torn between asking for help and facing the cold night without his cloak. The latter option was a bit more appealing.

Joey pulled his cloak tight over his shoulders as he followed Damien, somehow feeling more relaxed then than he had at all that night. The feeling was quickly overshadowed by another flash of self-directed anger--he was pathetic, he couldn't even say what he wanted to a girl--and then it was gone again a second later. He swore under his breath and rested his head in his hand, confused by the swing in emotions.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Rane gave Taiju a defiant look, placing her hands on her hips. "Come on. Let me help you. I can't let you just get cold..." He said sternly, but lovingly. She moved close to Taiju and reached to take his cloak from him, determined to get him to let her help.

Damien was thinking and walking, she didn't hear Joey curse under his breath but she did notice him put his head in his hand out of the corner of her eye.
"You alright?" She asked quickly, growing concerned. He must have still been hurt from Rowan.

((Sorry for not replying the last couple days. I got distracted by a new season of Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. But I finished it. So... Yeah. Sorry. tongue ))

Last edited by colt on Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : FUCK MY HANDS)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:33 pm

((I was wondering. XD But awesome.))

Taiju sighed but didn't argue. He had a feeling he would have to put up with it until his wrist was healed. Of all the injuries he could have earned, it had to be the one that left him unable to so much as dress himself with ease.

"I don't know," Joey said slowly. "Last half hour, since we fought Rowan, I've just been having these weird . . . mood swings, I guess. Suddenly feel pissed off for no good reason but it's gone again a second later. I don't know what it is."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Rane giggled lightly at Taiju's sigh and pulled his cloak around his shoulders and fastened it in the front. Once she was done she looked up at him, "I can't help but be annoyingly helpful," She teased.

Damien frowned a bit deeper. "You should have Rane look at you... Really," she said softly, "just in case." She couldn't help but wonder what Rowan had done to him. He did say something about being the one who came out on top, even though he was running away from the fight. What did he mean by that? Then she wondered if he had the same sort of powers as Malak... Malak could make Jack go insane just by them meeting eyes... What could Rowan do to Joey?
These thoughts made her heart pound in her chest with fear, but she had to push it aside for now, she was probably just over thinking it.

Last edited by colt on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : BECAUSE FUCK YOU THATS WHY)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Taiju smiled tiredly. "You're not being annoying," he assured. "I just don't like being unable to take care of myself. I've had to for some years now, and it shouldn't have to change because I hurt my hand."

"Maybe," Joey agreed. Other than the odd shifts in mood and a couple of bruises from being thrown several feet, he didn't feel any worse for wear. Still, he couldn't rule out the possibility that something else had happened, especially after what Rowan had said.

He took a deep breath. It was probably nothing and he was letting something inconsequential get him worked up. It wasn't as if he had never had self-esteem issues before that night.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:21 am

Rane smiled warmly, "that's good then. But I do want to help you, even if you don't want to admit you need it." She leaned onto her tip toes and kissed Taiju briefly before pulling away to grab her things again.

Damien let her frown fade to a small smile as they met back up with the group. She smiled at everyone, trying to not let them know that she was worried for Joey's health. It may be nothing, they didn't need to worry yet.
"Where are Taiju and Rane?" She asked, noticing the two hadn't arrived yet.
"Probably getting their things.." Jack shrugged, wich was fallowed by a yawn he didn't bother to try and stifle. Jayce left him sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:32 am

Taiju pulled at his cloak, adjusting it slightly over her shoulders as he waited for Rane. Though he wouldn't say so, he was grateful to have her help. She at least seemed to understand and didn't tease him about his injury.

"They always take forever," Zakuro said.

"Well, he did break his wrist or whatever . . ." Joey yawned too, sparked by Jack having done so. "Damn it. This is going to be a very long night."

Kerian nodded her agreement. "This did not turn out as I had hoped," she said quietly. "If it had, we would not have to flee and hope that Rowan makes no effort to follow us."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:00 am

Rane glanced at Taiju and River each before heading out the door to find the others.

"Still... It turned out better then it could have," Damien pointed out gently, "we should at least be a little thankful." She thought about what could have happened and it made her visibly shudder.

Jack nodded in agreement, glancing at Zakuro.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:08 am

Taiju followed Rane out the door, not looking forward to the night ahead.

"It could have been worse," Kerian agreed, "but it also could have been better. I had hoped you were all ready for the task, but I suppose I was wrong."

Joey looked off to the side. If he had been just a bit faster--not hesitant, pathetic, like he always was--they would have succeeded. Everything would be better if Rowan had died. He frowned deeply at the thought.

"Oh well," Zakuro cut in. "It's not like we don't spend all our time running and being tired, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 am

Jack let out a tired sigh, "we should try not to think about where we failed and just think about how we can train to do better next time." He ran in hand roughly over his face, trying to shake himself out his exhaustion.

Rane and Taiju met back up with the group, Rane was smiling happily.
"River woke up while we were gone," She told everyone as they walked up.

Damien smiled, "that's good!" She was glad to hear that Rane would be back to her normal self and that the wolf hadn't died.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:09 am

"Awesome," Zakuro added, giving a bit of a smile herself. "That's at least one good thing to happen tonight."

"If we're all ready, then we should depart," Kerian said, turning to leave the inn. "We've been here long enough."

Joey glanced at Rane from the corner of his eye, debating whether to stop her and ask, before deciding against it and following Kerian out the door. It was probably nothing. Mood swings weren't that weird.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:44 am

Rane nodded and fallowed Kerian out, glancing back to make sure River was keeping up alright, wich he seemed to be.

As they left Jack grabbed Zakuro's hand, just to remind himself to stay positive about things. Sometimes it was really hard to see the bright side of anything.

Damien hung back a moment to walk next to Rane. She could tell Joey wasn't going to say anything right now, so she was going to. She spoke quietly with Rane about Joey, still not wanting to worry the others. Rane seemed to think for a moment before nodding and then Damien joined Joey again.
"Rane said she would check you over when we set up camp," She told him quietly with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:52 am

Zakuro held Jacks' hand tightly until they reached the stables. Even as the most positive one of the group, she couldn't help having similar thoughts. When everything seemed to go wrong, as if often did here, it was hard to be convinced that everything would be okay.

Joey looked back at Damien. At first he seemed somewhat grateful, but it quickly passed. He turned away, looking more annoyed than anything else. "You didn't need to do that," he muttered.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:59 am

"I know I didn't need to, but I wanted to." Damien smiled even though she felt like he was mad at her. But he couldn't really be mad over something so small could he?
"I just wanted to make sure it got done, just in case you had second thoughts..." She added softly, unsure of how to react to him.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:11 am

"It's probably nothing," Joey said, though he was feeling a little less convinced. He hadn't said anything to Rane even though he knew he needed to--why was he so upset that Damien had? Because he could take care of himself, he didn't need these people fawning over him at every given second--

He sighed shortly. Maybe he did need that check-up.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Damien watched Joey silently for a moment, she could tell he was frustrated. "I'm sorry...?" She said softly. She wasn't sure that she really was sorry, but she didn't want to get into another fight, specially when he was having such bizarre mood swings.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Kerian led the group out of the city, no more looking forward to the next several hours than they were. She could only hope that Rowan wouldn't choose to hunt them down while they fled. To her surprise, he did not, and the trip was uneventful until she decided they would make camp.

Throughout the ride, Joey suffered some number more of the random mood swings, until finally he was too frustrated by them and the night's events to so much as speak to anyone else. He asked Rane to check just in case, but nothing would turn up. As far as anyone else could tell, he was perfectly healthy, if moody.

They didn't sleep long before Kerian had them move again, continuing on into the next city where they could hide. The second trip was several more days, still completely uneventful.

During that time, Joey showed no signs of improving. Where the moodiness had mostly been kept to himself, as a couple of days passed, it became more obvious to those around him. He was increasingly frustrated or angry, withdrawing from the company of the others and choosing to be alone instead. He voiced his frustrations with the failed mission and previous failures, sometimes commenting that the entire reason they were even in Orlain seemed hopeless now. He started sleeping alone, no longer wanting to be around Damien for no reason that he could give, and near the end of the week, was habitually snapping at most anyone who tried to talk to him, Zakuro included. Upon reaching town, he spent most of his time in his inn room alone, avoiding everyone else as much as possible.

His unusual turn in behavior quickly wore on everyone else as well. Kerian spent some time trying to ask him what was wrong, but when he didn’t answer, she left him alone, unsure whether something had happened or he was just being a pain. Taiju let Joey be from the start, figuring that if he said anything back, there would only be a fight. Zakuro tried longer than the others, but when even she couldn’t coax an answer out of him other than “This entire thing is pointless,” she was forced to concede as well.

This left everyone feeling a bit dismal as they lounged around the inn in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:18 am

Damien tried her best all along to stay calm with Joey. But his moodiness frustrated her more then anything. She wanted to yell at him and tell him to snap out of it, but she knew that wouldn't help. And it was almost a miracle that she could keep cool for so long. She could tell that something was wrong with Joey, he wouldn't just be this moody for no reason. And when Rane found nothing wrong with him she felt hopeless. When the hopelessness didn't immidiently turn to anger, it was a weird feeling for her. She would rather have been mad...

Jack also had to do his best to stay away from Joey and try to ignore him. At first he had just been confused and concerned but when Joey started to snap at Zakuro repeatedly, he would lose his temper. He got into a couple very loud arguments with Joey over how he was treating everyone, but stopped himself before he let it get too far. Other then that, he tried to just keep quiet.

Rane was concerned for everyone with Joey acting the way he was. She thought that maybe things were just getting to Joey, and he just needed some time. But she could see how ill effecting it was to his friends, specially Damien. She had a habit of accidentally finding Damien crying a lot. She tried her best to comfort her, but Joey was the only one who could fix it.

The group was quiet a lot, and never seemed to have fun anymore. It was amazing how one person could ruin everything. There was no way they could defeat anyone like this...

Last edited by colt on Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cuz)
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 am

One evening, when Joey had predictably locked himself in his room and the others were left to their own devices, there was a shout from the second floor, followed by arguing. It was Zakuro's voice that was the loudest, and it sounded as though she were pleading--the other voice was Joey's, lower than hers, the words more difficult to make out from anywhere else in the inn.

Taiju and Kerian were in the tavern when Joey came downstairs, his pack slung over his shoulder and his sword belted at his hip. Zakuro followed shortly behind, stumbling on one of the steps as she hurried to follow him.

"You can't leave!" she protested loudly.

"Then try to stop me. I dare you," Joey growled, casting a deadly look over his shoulder as he went for the door. "I'm done with this shit. I don't want to do it anymore."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:39 am

Jack had heard Zakuro yelling from his room and immidiently went to go see what was wrong. He fallowed her voice down the stairs and just like he thought, found her and Joey.
"Zakuro? What's wrong?" He asked, concerned from her shouting.

Damien was outside the inn, sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall of the inn. She was starring blankly ahead, thinking about something she could say to Joey to make him feel better and for all of this to stop. Nothing came to mind that she hadn't already tried.

Rane was sitting with Tauji and looked up at the commotion, frowning at the bag Joey had over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:43 am

Zakuro turned back to face Jack, tears welling in her eyes. "He said he's leaving," she replied. "I can't get him to stop--he won't listen and I don't know why--"

Kerian and Taiju both stood from their seats. Kerian was the first to move forward, placing herself between the door and Joey. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"Somewhere that isn't here," he answered coldly, dodging around her to leave the inn. "Have fun without me."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 2:55 am

Jack quickly jogged after Joey after he swerved around Kerian. "Whoa! Joey, calm down!" He said quickly, grabbing him by his arm, gently but firmly. "Just take a moment to think about it..." He asked, trying his best to sound more concerned then mad.

Rane fallowed after Kerian and Taiju, though stood back for a moment, watching. She had nothing to say or do for this moment. She could only hope his mind would be changed quickly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:06 am

"I have thought about it. And I decided that this is pointless and I'm not staying around here anymore," Joey said, pulling his arm from Jack's grasp as he went out the door.

"Why are you leaving?" Kerian pressed, following after Joey as he started for the stables. She reached to grab him but he swatted away her hand forcefully. "You of all people should know better than to try to leave on your own--where are you going to go? Have you forgotten what you are--"

"No, I haven't fucking forgotten!" Joey snapped, whirling back to face those who were tailing him. "In fact, it's all I've thought about for a week and I've just decided I don't want to be part of it anymore! I'm done with it. What have we even gotten done, anyway? Pretty goddamn pointless, if you ask me."

"Have you lost your mind?" Taiju demanded.

"Not as far as I know. I'm going."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:15 am

Damien looked up from where she was sitting outside, just in time to see Joey shout at everyone. What was he talking about? He was leaving? She quickly got up to fallow after the group.

Jack paused when Joey yelled almost, yelling back. He grit his teeth. "So you are just going to leave us all here!?" He shouted angrily, "just abandon us!?"

Rane fallowed the group to see what would happen, still feeling like she had to right to try and stop Joey.

Damien pushed up through the crowd quietly, wondering what he would say.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:27 am

"It's not like you need me here, anyway," Joey spat bitterly. "What have I done, exactly, that the rest of you couldn't do by yourselves? I might as well go somewhere where I'll be more useful. Fuck, maybe I'll run into Rowan and hinder him enough for the rest of you. I couldn't do any worse with him than I do here. Maybe I'll even be more productive there! And besides," he added with a sneer, "where the hell do you think you get off saying anything about abandonment, huh?"

"Now you're just speaking nonsense," Kerian said, stepping forward again.

Joey shook his head and quickened his step toward the stables. As he reached his horse, Zakuro pushed her way ahead and seized his wrist. He whirled back and ripped his arm from her hand, a streak of flame flaring from his fingertips as he did. The fire didn't touch Zakuro, but it startled her enough to make her step back. He watched the others, daring them to make a move as he grabbed his horse's lead.

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The word is "where," Jordan, not "what")
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 am

Jack was thrown off for a moment, Joey's last remark to him sinking deep. For the moment, he let it slid, gaining a new reason to make him stay. To be able to beat the shit out of him. Even though he knew he wouldn't actually beat Joey up, it gave him a nice boost to reason.
When he threatened Zakuro with fire his anger quickly flared and he took at step closer. His fists curled into balls and just before he moved forward to hit Joey Damien graded his hand, making him stop. She fought back tears from her eyes, trying to remain calm.
"Then I'm going with you..." She said softly. she was convinced that if he still wanted to leave, if she tagged along, she could convince him to come back.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 am

"You're not coming with me," Joey said as he swung himself into the saddle. "I'm not leaving so that I can take everyone with me. It'd be easier if you just let me go."

He noticed Taiju drawing one of his blades and rolled his eyes. "And what are you going to do with that?" he asked sarcastically. "Attack me? Kill me? That wouldn't exactly help the cause."

"Joey, you can't . . ." Zakuro trailed off helplessly. "You can't go. You'll get killed."

"Better than fucking around here and letting my life be ruined even more than it already has." Joey nudged his horse to move out of the stables, not caring who stood in the way.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:51 am

What did Joey mean about his life being ruined? Damien had to wonder. She lost several words in her throat but reach out to grab his horse by the bridle, close to it's mouth so it couldn't walk.
"No," She said firmly, "you aren't leaving, you have no reason to." She looked up at him, glaring now. Tears glistened in her blue orbs and she let them spill over.
"I'm not going to let you just walk out of here."

Jack was silent now, he knew that if Damien couldn't stop him then no one could...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:58 am

Joey hesitated just a moment as he looked back at Damien. Doubt flickered across his face, only to be replaced with a scowl.

"Let me go," he said coldly. "If you won't let me go yourself, I'll find my own way." Another flame came to life in his hand as he waited, daring Damien to argue further.

Kerian put her hand on the hilt of her sword, but even she realized it was fruitless. There was no reasoning with him. If he would even threaten Damien . . .
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 am

Damien looked from the flame to Joey's face a couple times and she could tell that he was serious. And then she felt scarred. She wasn't afraid of Joey hurting her, even though it was likely to happen. She was afraid of what Joey was turning into. She was afraid of losing him forever.
"Do it..." She said firmly, "cause I will not let you leave while I can still move.."

Jack felt his own heart racing for Damien. He didn't want to doubt Joey, but he also didn't want to see her get hurt.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:12 am

Joey waited another moment longer, his jaw clenched as he decided what to do. He raised his hand as though to strike at her, then instead gestured sharply at the ground. Fire suddenly sprang up on the ground between himself and the others in a last-ditch effort to make them back away. His horse reared, startled by the flames, and he clutched to the reins and saddle to stay on, while Kerian and Taiju were forced to back off, afraid of being burned.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:20 am

Jack immidiently backed up, grabbing Zak's hand to make sure she did the same.

At first, Damien didn't move but when the horse reared, since she was so close to it's front, she was shoved harshly to the ground. She quickly got back up as to not be burnt by the flames. And without even thinking a barrier appeared around her and Joey and his horse. The barrier was rainbow like the rainbow shine that water gets when it has some oil in it, and familiar. It was the same barrier that saved then from the burning house back in Winterfell.
She glared up at Joey, hell bent on not letting him leave. "I promise you... I won't just let you leave, no matter what you do." She was crying now, but almost didn't notice it, she was too preoccupied with holding her barrier for as long as she could. With what little control that she had over her powers, it was harder then she made it seem.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 am

Joey was starting to panic now. Half of him wanted to attack her with all he had and force her to let him go--the other half just wished she would stop fighting so he wouldn't have to. In desperation, he abandoned his fire and instead pulled upon a puddle of stagnant water nearby. The liquid drew up from the ground and Joey lashed out with it like a whip--enough to hurt, but not to wound.

The others stood back, startled, unsure of what to do. Even if they wanted to react, the barrier kept them from doing so.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 am

Damien close her eyes when she saw the whip of water come at her. It hit her shoulder and she gasped lightly in pain and opened her eyes. She glanced at her shoulder and only saw w small wet stop on her clothes. He didn't even break skin. Looking back up at him she rubbed her shoulder with one hand.
"Why are you even leaving. Besides all the bullshit you said a minute ago..." She dared to ask, not believing that what he said was the truth. Joey wasn't like this...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:40 am

"I told you. I'm tired of this. I don't owe these people shit and I'm expected to turn my life upside-down for them." Growing more frustrated, Joey drew the water up into his hand, where it solidified into a sharp chunk of ice. "I'm sick of it. I'm sick of getting hurt, almost dying, having everyone decide my life for me when I couldn't care less what happens to this stupid place. I'm doing what I want now. Now let me go."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:45 am

"Then why wont you let me come with you?" Damien asked, her face softening a little. She saw the ice in his hand but still felt like he wouldn't actually hurt her. Not enough for her to actually let him go. Would he?

"Damn it..." Jack mumbled when he saw Joey form the water into ice. "She is too stubborn..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 4:51 am

"Fucking hell, why don't you know how to listen?!" Angry again, Joey threw the chunk of ice. It split into several shards, all aiming for her arm.

Zakuro gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. She couldn't be watching this. Joey would never hurt any of them. He couldn't . . .
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:04 am

Damien gasped and fell back as the ice entered her upper arm in several different spots.
"Damien!" Jack shouted, seeing her actually getting hurt by Joey. He ran forward to her as her barrier fell, collapsing to her knees from the pain. He knelt down next to her and made sure she wasn't going to die. When he saw that only her arm was hit her turned around to face Joey.
"What the hell is wrong with you!?" He yelled loudly.

Rane quickly moved over to Damien to see the extent of the damage, and was still shocked that Joey had hurt her at all. It left her breathless for a moment when she saw blood trickling down Damien's arm.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 5:07 am

Joey didn't stop to answer. He dug his boots into his mare's side, taking off out of the stables. As an extra measure, he turned back and set the ground behind him alight, trying to prevent pursuit.

Zakuro looked helplessly between Joey and Damien, then suddenly darted toward her horse. She didn't stop for the bridle or saddle, and had her hand wound into the horse's mane when Taiju grabbed her by the arm.

"You can't go after him," he said. "He'll attack you, too."

"I can't just let him leave!" Zakuro cried. "There's obviously something wrong--he can't--"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: