Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Orlain     - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:58 am

Jack smiled after Joey said that it wasn't his choice to work with Rowan. Suddenly he lept forward and roughly hugged Joey.
"I'm so glad you are back to normal!" He shouted, laughing.

Rane visibly relaxed and let out a sigh. She glanced back Damien, but the girl still hadn't moved.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 am

Joey wasn't prepared for the sudden embrace; the pressure placed on his injuries made him want to cry out, but he managed to hold it back between his teeth. Relief washed over him in a wave, and he didn't think twice before hugging Jack back as tightly as he could.

Kerian let Zakuro go and the girl sprinted forward, hugging Joey as soon as Jack let him go. Joey groaned in pain but still couldn't argue.

Taiju relaxed and lowered his sword, glancing at Damien. Somehow, he wasn't surprised by her lack of a reaction.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 am

"Zakuro kept saying that something had to be wrong!" Jack said happily, "but I have to admit, I was starting to lose hope."

Rane saw Joey in pain when the others were too happy to see it. "Are you hurt?" She asked with a worried expression.

((gawd I dunno why I am sucking so hard))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 am

((It's alright. Could be worse.))

Joey lightly rubbed his injured side. "I got in a fight with Rowan before I left," he said. "One of many things I'll have to explain, I'm sure. I've been riding for days, so it hasn't helped me heal very much."

"You should have said something!" Zakuro exclaimed, holding him out at arm's length. "I didn't know you were hurt. I wouldn't have hugged you if I'd known."

"It's fine."

Kerian smiled lightly, grateful to see the sudden happy atmosphere. She looked at Damien, who had still yet to move. "Are you not going to say anything?" she asked. "I thought you would have been happier."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 am

Damien didn't reply to Kerian, her fingers dug into her legs. She couldn't believe that Joey was back. She had hoped to never see him again. Her heart was beating hard in her chest, she couldn't tell if she was enraged or wanting to cry even more.

Rane moved forward to Joey, "You should let me heal you first... You look pale." She had a small limp as well and was still tired. Specially from riding all day, it took a lot out of her.

Jack looked over toward Damien, but decided to keep quiet about her for the moment. She seemed like she didn't want to be talked to anyway.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:30 am

Joey looked back at Rane with a halfhearted smile. "That would be nice," he admitted. "Sure you're up to it, though? You seem a bit off, too." His gaze slid to Damien, who had yet to even look his direction, and his stomach dropped. He had no idea how she would react to his return, but the reaction so far made him afraid to talk to her.

Kerian recruited Taiju to help set up camp, since it seemed the others were busy. It was hard to argue with everyone--with one exception--being so happy for the first time in almost two months.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 am

"Come sit down and I will heal you and we will all talk," Rane smiled weakly. She moved back over to where camp was being set up. Jack moved off for a moment to help unsaddle all the horses and make sure they were all happy. He let Taiju and Kerian finish up with the rest of the setting up.

Rane sat down slowly and sighed once she was sitting, feeling a little better when she stopped moving.
"I may be healing still, but I am well enough to heal you up a little," She smiled at Joey, motioning for him to sit next to her.

Jack looked back at Damien again and bit his lip. He walked over to her, she was a few feet away from the group. He knelt down next to the silver haired girl and spoke quietly to her. But she didn't respond.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:57 am

Too grateful to argue, Joey did as bidden and sat on the ground with Rane. He watched the rest of the group make preparations for the camp, almost overwhelmed by the familiar setting.

Zakuro watched Damien a moment, but decided to let Jack handle the other girl. Zakuro was far too happy to let Damien's stubbornness ruin her good mood. She sat with Joey and Rane once the camp was set.

"So what happened?" Kerian asked as she finished starting a fire. "I imagine there is much to discuss, as you said."

"Yeah." Joey's expression sobered. "There's a lot to tell you." He frowned and looked at Kerian. "You said Malak told you about what I was doing. What all did he say?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:17 am

Rane motioned at Joey, "you can talk as I heal you.. Lay down and lift your shirt," she said firmly, still smiling. It was the first time since River died that she had smiled that much.

Damien lifted her head and glared at Jack. He sighed deeply before getting up and leaving Damien to join the group again. He couldn't get through to her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:29 am

"Wish you wouldn't look so cheerful while you say that," Joey remarked, pulling off his shirt for simplicity's sake and carefully easing himself back.

"So what happened after you left?" Zakuro urged. "That's probably the best place to start."

Joey sighed heavily. "After we fought, I pretty much ran for the city gates," he said. "My head was a mess at that point. The way he did it . . . It was like this voice in the back of my head that made me want to do all this. For awhile, it just made me think of everything that was wrong. It picked at everything I did wrong, made me think about basically everything I might have thought about when I was angry or frustrated. It basically became all I thought about. Suddenly, I was getting all these ideas. Leaving, maybe fighting for someone else because maybe I could do more. Sometimes even hurting or killing people who got in my way just because I could and I was tired of hiding . . . Rowan was at the edge of town when I got there. After that, I didn't even feel like turning around to go back to you guys, and I left with him without even questioning it.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:38 am

Rane took Joey's self-applied bandages and looked at his wound. She made a little bit of a face, "it's a little infected she told him gently, so I have to clean it out first." She looked over at Taiju then, "will you get me my small blue bag from my saddle bag?"

"Sounds kinda like how Malak messes with my head. But Malak just makes me scared and go into an attack." Jack mused, after listening to Joey. He he been kidnapped by Malak before, he wondering if Joey went though the same general experience.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:51 am

"Yeah, I had to bandage it myself and I didn't have a chance to for hours after the fight." Joey sighed again. "Lovely."

While Taiju complied and stood again to fetch the bag, Joey continued. "Anyway . . . I went with him and he took me back to the mountains toward the north." His expression turned serious again. "The dragon is hiding there. Everything is. There was an estate build on the mountains, which is where we usually stayed. It overlooked a small town that we sometimes went into. The people there knew him, and they were scared of him. They were scared of me, too, after awhile.

"He got rid of my sword and started training me himself. He made me work a lot with my powers, and tried to teach me magic as well, but I couldn't quite get it. He guessed my powers wouldn't let me use normal magic, so he gave up on that. A lot of nights we went out, either into the town or another city where they knew him. Appearances were really important to him; he went to several different social things and he usually took me with him, introducing me as an apprentice." Joey laughed wryly. "In retrospect, it was all way more terrifying than I make it sound, but at the time, basically all I wanted to do was what he said."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:23 am

Rane took her bag from Taiju as Joey spoke and dug out a small bottle. She poured a small amount of the contents onto his wound and watched it bubble for a second as it cleaned out his wound. She wiped it down once and placed her hands over it gently. She closed her eyes to heal him, moving slowly as not to stress herself too much.

Jack fell silent, listening to Joey's story. He had a completely different experience with Malak. "How did you get away?" He asked finally.

Damien was listening, but she never looked over or said a word.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:35 am

Joey winced at the bubbling fluid as it stung, then relaxed again when the pain dissipated.

"One day, he decided to take me to see you guys," he continued tiredly. "Not to actually speak with you or anything, but we watched for awhile while you were training. Something sort of snapped then; I could think a lot clearer for awhile. I actually felt like myself again. When we went back to the estate, I spent a bunch of time drawing and whatnot. It helped me think straight. For a few days, I kept sort of slipping back and forth between that voice and myself and I spent a lot of time acting to make Rowan happy so he wouldn't know. Eventually, I realized the only way I could escape would be if I killed him. So I started packing some things over a couple of days, grabbed a bunch of money, and waited until he went to bed one night so I could sneak in and do it."

"Naturally, he woke up before I could actually do it. We fought pretty hard, but I actually managed to do some serious damage. He disappeared after I hurt him too badly, so I ran for the stables, found my horse, and got out. After that, an elf girl found me and helped me, then promptly disappeared the next morning. Since then, I've been looking for you. This all happened a little under two weeks ago, I think."

He rested his head back, content that the story was done. "That was rather long-winded, but . . . That's basically the sum of it."

"Wow," Zakuro said softly. "I'm surprised you got out."

"So am I."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:59 am

Rane healed Joey up till the wound was closed, but would still take some healing. Then she wrapped some bandages around him and called it good. She smiled lightly and told Joey she was done, leaning back on one hand and holding her side with the other. She needed to change her own bandages. It was hard for her to do it properly since it stretched all the way to her back. She looked at Taiju and scooted closer to him to get his help.

"That's amazing.." Jack said with a breath, "at least you finally snapped out of it. You don't think it could happen again?" He looked over at Damien and noticed her looking at the group. When she noticed Jack looking at her, she looking away again.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:11 am

"I don't think so. For a day I felt a little off--the girl who was helping me kept asking questions and I got more frustrated than I normally might--but otherwise, I haven't had any odd thoughts. I think I'll be fine." Joey carefully sat up and rubbed again at his wound, grateful for the cleaner bandages. "If not, though, please don't let me run off again."

"Trust me, you aren't going anywhere now," Zakuro replied. "I'm tired of everyone disappearing all the time."

Joey laughed weakly and reached for his shirt. He paused a moment to look at it. "I really need new clothes," he mused.

"And a haircut," Zakuro added, glancing toward the short ponytail Joey now kept his hair in.

"Rowan wanted me to keep it like that. Something about it looking more presentable. I'm pretty used to it now." Joey looked at Damien, wishing she would join the conversation. The longer she stayed out, the more he knew there was going to be an awkward talk later.

Sensing the story done, Taiju moved to help Rane. He wished her injuries would finish healing; the longer it took, the more paranoid he felt about it.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:20 am

"I don't know," Jack chuckled lightly, "I kinda like his hair..." He looked back at Zakuro, "would you make me cut my hair if it got any longer?"

Rane lifted her shirt up and held it up just above the wound with one arm. She winced lightly and started to pull the bandages off from the front, her back facing Taiju so he could take it off from the back. She pulled her hair forward over her shoulder so it wasn't in his way. She had been too lazy to braid it lately.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:26 am

"Yes," Zakuro answered without hesitation. She rested her head against Jack's shoulder. "I love you and all, but I just would not like you with long hair."

Joey laughed quietly. "Yeah, I might have to agree with that."

Taiju gingerly pulled the bandages away, trying not to look too hard at the half-healed tissue underneath. He wished there was more he could do and had to resign himself to knowing that there wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 am

Jack laughed, "why not? I think I would awesome with long waving locks or red hair..." He flipped his shaggy hair with one hand. It had become a lot longer since they came here, and since Jayce showed up, but it refused to grow any longer then what it was at. But his jaw line was much more shaggy then usual. He would haphazardly shave a couple times a week so it wasn't a lot. But before he would have never dreamed of being able to grow this much hair.

As they took off the bandages her wound started bleeding a little. She cursed lightly under her breath from pain, looking down at the part of the wound she could see. it was shallower then before, showing that it was healing, but the outside wasn't. The skin around it was irritated and purplish, but not infected.

Jack looked over when Rane cursed, had had never hear her say anything like that. He winced slightly when he saw her wound. "That doesn't look like it's healing well," he mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:43 am

Taiju frowned as he looked more closely at the wound. "I thought you were healing," he said, looking to Rane for an explanation. "Not getting worse."

Joey, who had been contemplating getting up to talk to Damien, looked over at the others did. He would hate to have to deal with more trouble so soon after finding everyone again.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:58 am

"I don't know.." Rane mumbled, "i have been putting medicine in all of them. This is the only one that is having problems and re-opening. The pain sometimes makes me kinda sick to my stomach..." She dug in her bag again, taking out a small jar and setting it on the ground, opening with one hand. In it there was some medicine in gel form.

"Well, we didn't do much exiting while you were gone..." Jack told Joey. "I mean... Rane and Taiju got into a fight with a bear... But other then training and moving around it's been pretty dull... Even Jayce has been kinda mellow."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:02 am

"Why didn't you tell me?" Taiju asked, sitting back a little as Rane started fiddling with a medicine jar. "If it's really that bad, maybe we can get some other help. We'll be in the next city tomorrow and someone there has to know something."

"That's good," Joey said, though he was obviously distracted again. He sighed heavily and extended a hand to Zakuro. "Help me up."

Zakuro got up and helped Joey to a stand. After making sure he was capable of keeping his balance, Joey picked his way across the camp toward Damien.

Zakuro just looked back at Jack. That confrontation wasn't going to end well.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 am

"I don't know... I honestly don't feel comfortable with doctors," Rane shrugged lightly. She put some of the gel in her fingers and rubbed it on her wound, wincing and almost having to stop. "Can you do that back?"

"Should we stop him?" Jack asked Zakuro very quietly, worried for how this would end up.

Damien didn't move, she starred at the ground, brow furrow in frustration.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:18 am

"You're a brilliant healer, Rane, but if you don't know what's wrong and it isn't fixing itself, maybe you should get a second opinion," Taiju said, reaching for the jar. He delicately rubbed some of the gel across the wound where Rane couldn't reach, trying as hard as he could not to make it any more painful than it already seemed to be for her.

Joey's sense of foreboding almost doubled when Damien didn't so much as look at him. "Hey," he said quietly, hoping that she simply hadn't noticed him and knowing he was most likely wrong.

"Maybe we'll luck out and she'll listen to him," Zakuro said, but her tone suggested she knew that would happen. "It was gonna happen eventually, anyway . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:33 am

Rane almost pulled away from Taiju, she let out a deep breath when he was done to calm herself. "I just don't know why it's not healing... It's not infected, and it's not any different from past wounds..." She grabbed some clean bandages and handed them to Taiju, "maybe... I have heard that if... You are depressed.... You can't heal properly.." She said quietly,

Damien still didn't respond to Joey, starring at the ground still. She blinked back tears quickly, wanting Joey to not see them. But her eyes were already red from holding back tears earlier.

"I don't know... I don't think she is ready to talk to him.." Jack sighed lightly, hooking an arm around Zakuro.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:39 am

"Depressed?" Taiju repeated, before mouthing a silent "oh" as he realized. Unsure of what to say or do, he busied himself with the bandages as an excuse to not have to think about it.

Joey uncomfortably rubbed the side of his neck. "What's going on?" he finally asked. "You haven't said anything . . ."

"I don't know if she ever will be 'ready,' but she can't ignore him forever," Zakuro sighed, leaning into Jack. "I wish she wasn't so freaking stubborn all the time . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:52 am

Rane fell silent for a moment, starring forward. She missed River so much. Once Taiju was done with the bandages she lowered her shirt and sat back to lean tiredly onto Taiju.

"That's because I don't want to talk to you..." Damien finally mumbled. She dug her nails into her pant legs and did her best to not look up at him.

"She got hurt pretty badly... I know she's stubborn. But she doesn't know how to deal with feelings like this.." Jack said softly, rubbing her arms lightly with his thumb.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:58 am

Taiju quietly wrapped his arms around Rane's middle, figuring there was nothing he could do but offer what minimal comfort he could. Having never cared for his family, with one notable exception, he couldn't imagine how she felt about the loss of her brother.

Joey was slightly taken aback by Damien's response, but it was too early to give up. He cleared his throat awkwardly before speaking again, diverting his gaze to the ground.

"I'm sorry," he said at length. "About what happened." He dared to glance up, looking for scars on Damien's arm. "That wasn't really me, I suppose, but I'm still so sorry."

"I wish she'd learn," Zakuro muttered. As much as she cared for Damien, it was frustrating beyond all belief watching her act this way.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:19 am

Rane closed her eyes to rest lightly, happy to be in Taiju's arms.

Damien had scars all over her arm, she had never let Rane heal her for a reason. So the scars were worse then usual.
"Somehow it's hard for me to believe you..." She mumbled dryly.

"Me too, but we can't push it." Jack agreed tiredly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:31 am

"Look, I know this isn't going to be the easiest thing ever. I guess I can't expect it to be perfect right away, but . . ." Joey shifted uncomfortably. "I am sorry. Even if you don't believe me. I've been thinking about it for days but all I can do is apologize. I don't want to ignore this."

Zakuro closed her eyes, frustrated. It apparently only took fifteen minutes for everything to start going wrong again.

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:18 pm

"Ignore what..." Damien asked bitterly, finally looking up at him. Tears quickly built up in her blue eyes and fell down her cheeks. "Ignore the fact that you broke my heart? Well you will never guess, but I would like to ignore you. I don't trust you. I never will again. How do we know that you weren't planning all of this? How do we know that you didn't leave on your own free will to work with Rowan, and now you are coming back and faking all this bullshit to hurt us some more." She stood up then, ignoring her tears and everyone else.
"No Joey. I hate you and I don't want you in my life anymore..." She growled before turning around and walking away from the camp.

Jack watched Damien and let out an audible sigh after she walked away. He was usually the most understand of the group, but even he was growing fed up with her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Joey opened his mouth to argue, but as Damien walked away, no words came. He watched her walk away, feeling numb. He had spent almost two weeks trying to predict her reaction; this was the worse he had thought up, and he had convinced himself that it couldn't possibly be as bad as he imagined. It seemed he had been right.

She was wrong, though. He wanted to say as much, but suddenly he couldn't figure out how to say anything at all.

After Joey had been standing there for several long moments, while most of the camp looked in his direction after Damien had left, Zakuro stood up and went over to him. She put her arm behind his shoulders and urged him to come sit with her and Jack; he followed tiredly, saying nothing as he resumed his seat by the fire.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Damien disappeared into the darkening forest, but everyone knew she wouldn't go too far. She wasn't that stupid. She sat down on a log about 50 feet away from camp. When she looked back she could still see the fire in the darkness. What was wrong with her? She didn't mean to say all those things to Joey. She didn't hate him, she never could. She just wanted to hug him and say everything was alright cause he was back now. But she had all these doubts. She couldn't stand the idea of being hurt like that again. But she also couldn't stand the idea of living with out him. But she was so angry that she just didn't know how to handle it. Every thing hurt, and she just wanted to die so she wouldn't have to feel it anymore. Malak had brought up the idea of her going with him, but she would still feel all these things. It wouldn't fix the pain. She hugged herself and rocked, quietly sobbing. She was so confused. And she had never hated herself more.

"She'll come around..." Jack reassured Joey as he sat down. "You know how stubborn she can be." He felt like his reassuring comments were hallow though. Truthfully, he had known Damien long enough to know that she didn't forgive and forget. He felt like she would never come around. It seemed impossible for her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Joey tried to speak again, then sighed instead when he couldn't say anything. He wanted to agree with Jack, but he wasn't certain that Damien would ever listen to him.

"I guess I'll try tomorrow," he said listlessly. He cast a glance around the camp; Taiju and Rane sat quietly together, and Zakuro moved back to sit beside Jack. Joey suddenly felt lonelier than he ever had with Rowan.

"She has to listen eventually," Zakuro added. "It's not like you're going anywhere and I don't think she can really hate you. She's just . . . stupid sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:05 pm

"We are all glad you are back... And I know she is do. It's the first time she has talked in a couple weeks." Jack added with a warm smile. He wrapped his arms around Zakuro, holding her closely.

Rane had fallen asleep leaning on Taiju. He was just so comfortable and she was so tired from traveling that she couldn't help it.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Joey tried to smile. He shouldn't let it bother him when he should have been so happy to find his friends again. At least Zakuro and Jack still believed in him. Instead, he felt sick to his stomach, panic creeping into his system. He drew his knees up to his chest and stared at the fire, digging his fingers into his pant legs and giving away how he really felt.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Jack could tell that Joey was upset, he had a good reason to be. But he also knew why Damien was upset. He silently thought about trying to talk to her again, but it would be later when the fire wasn't so warm and comforting. He looked over at Rane and Taiju and he could tell that she was deep asleep and then looked back at Joey.
"Uh. When they were attacked by that bear like I said before... Well River died. So try not to bring him up.." He informed Joey quietly, being sure not to wake Rane.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Joey looked up at Jack, surprised by the news, then looked around the camp. He hadn't noticed the wolf's absence until now.

"Alright," he said wearily, settling back into his former position. "That's awful . . . I didn't realize something like that had happened while I was gone."

"That's pretty much the worse of it," Zakuro said. "It's been a few weeks, but still."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 am

"It was really weird not having you around.." Jack commented after another quiet moment. "Damien cried a lot... And tried to get Jayce to kill her..." He felt like he had to tell Joey how much Damien was hurting. Not to make him feel bad, he didn't want that at all, but to help him see why she was so mad. "And... I know she will come around." He added with a smile. "I have known her long enough to know that when she loves something, she always finds away to have it..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:50 am

"Did she really?" Joey asked, looking up again. "Try to get herself killed, I mean."

Zakuro nodded her head. "She fought really hard with Jack once and was trying to get Jayce to fight, too," she said. "I don't really know what's going on in her head anymore, but she was obviously upset. I got in a small fight with her after that, but I guess that's not important."

Joey dropped his gaze to the fire, thinking quietly about the news.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:05 am

"Jayce later told us that the few times he was in control that Damien would try to make him angry as if she expected him to just lose his temper and kill her..." Jack added. "Jayce has been acting really weird lately, so I don't think he is lying." Jayce had never told Jack what he told Zakuro. About it causing him to be in pain if he got too over excited or angry and he didn't know why. He had meant not to tell Jack until he could figure out how to fix it, and he hoped Zakuro would keep her mouth shut too.

In the darkness of the forest a few meters away from the camp there was suddenly a low flash of light. No, it was more like a glow. A second after there was a shout of fear. The shout made Jack visibly jump and look up.
"That looked like Damien's powers..." He said before getting up as quickly as he could with Zak leaning against him.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:10 am

Joey was about to inquire more about Jayce when the glowing and the shout interrupted him. He immediately stood and started toward the source of the commotion, not checking whether anyone was following.

Zakuro was a little slower to move; she and Kerian exchanged looks before they both were on their feet, going to the forest.

Taiju hesitated, weighed down by a sleeping Rane.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:17 am

Jack fallowed right behind Joey, catching up to him quickly. After they passed through some bushes they found Damien standing and a figure on the ground about a foot ahead of her. Damien's hand's were glowing red as she held them out and the same glow was wrapped around the figures neck. The figure was a girl only familiar to Joey. Asha. She clawed desperately at the glowing energy as it choked her. Her bow laying in the ground next to her.
A bit harder to see in the dark and from the shadows castes by the glows, a arrow was stuck in Damien's shoulder and blood trailed down her torso and arm. She shook lightly and glared at the elf girl as she tried to choke her to death.
Jack froze at first, unable to think of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:20 am

Joey paused for a moment, startled by the scene. He recognized Asha, though he couldn't begin to predict why she was here when he had left her some dozens of miles away. More surprising was Damien--he had rarely seen her use her powers, and never like this. He had no idea she had gotten so far.

"Damien!" Kerian called, drawing her sword. She pointed it at Asha's throat and cast a look over her shoulder. "Let her go. Don't kill her."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 am

At first it seemed like Damien didn't hear Kerian. Then the glow flickered a few times before it gave out all together. She relaxed herself and took a deep breath, calming herself down.
Asha gasped for air as soon as she was free and coughed several times. She rubbed her neck but didn't move while Kerian's sword was pointed at her.
Damien then grabbed her shoulder in pain and fell to her knees, whimpering as if the pain had been numb till now and it was just now hitting her.
"Damien, you're hurt!" Jack said in a shocked voice, not noticing it before. He quickly moved over to her to see how bad it was.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 am

Seeing that Jack was taking care of Damien, Joey pushed forward to stand beside Damien. "What the hell are you doing here?!" he demanded, glaring at Asha. "And why are you attacking her?"

"You know her?" Kerian asked, casting Joey a sidelong glance.

"She's the one who helped me after I escaped, but . . ." Joey shook his head.

Zakuro went over to Damien, figuring there was more she could do than Jack to help.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 am

"She attacked me first..." Asha coughed out, still rubbing her throat. "How was I supposed to know she was your friend?" She asked sharply.

Damien was panting lightly from the pain and the energy it took to fight back with Asha. She had never used a red energy before. The arrow wasn't through her shoulder but it was bleeding a lot.
"Going to have to pull this out.." Jack said with a sigh.
Damien quickly shook her head, "no.." She was too afraid of the pain.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:42 am

Joey sighed sharply. Nothing was ever simple.

"So why are you here?" he asked, while casting a look over his shoulder at Damien. He actually wanted to be over there helping her, but everyone else already seemed to be on it. Kerian lowered her sword, eying Asha suspiciously. "And what were you doing that made her attack you?"

"We can't leave it in, Damien," Zakuro said gently. "Maybe Rane can heal it right afterward, but we can't leave it there."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:58 am

"I was passing through, geeze. Act like I was on private property. I'm just traveling. I had no idea you were around here and I wasn't doing anything. She came out of nowhere and attacked me," Asha tried to explain, sitting up a little at Kerian lowered her blade. "Are these your friends you were looking for?" She glanced between everyone for a moment, a little bit of fear in her eyes even though she was trying her best to look brave.

"Then leave it for now.." Damien said through sharp breaths. She looked at her shoulder and her eyes immediately focused on all the blood running down her body. It seemed like a lot more then it was cause it was in streams. Her eyes widened and her heart started to race. Jack instantly saw the fear in her eyes and lifted Damien head by her jaw.
"Don't look at it Damien. Look at me.." He said firmly. "You will be fine.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 am

"Yes, they are . . ." Joey grew fed up and turned to go see Damien, feeling too overwhelmed by worry to carry on a conversation with the elven girl.

Kerian sighed quietly. "I apologize on her behalf," she said to Asha. "I'm not certain what would have provoked her to attack. Do you require any healing or anything else?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 8 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: