Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Orlain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Orlain     - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:59 am

Joey nodded as he looked everywhere but at Damien. "I'm sorry, this is--this is a fucking stupid time to say that, it really is, I'm an idiot, but I've been sitting on that for ages and I kept thinking maybe if I told you, it'd fix everything, but I never had a chance . . ."

He rubbed his eyes tiredly. He felt like a moron. Could he not have waited until tomorrow at least?
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:03 am

Damien pushed herself up to a sitting position tiredly, so she was face to face with Joey. She couldn't help herself, her blush faded quickly and she leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on his lips. After a second she pulled away just enough to look into his hazel eyes.
"I love you too Joey... More then you could ever know.." She said softly, her blush returning just faintly.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 am

Joey managed a crooked smile, hoping it wasn't too obvious that his heart was pounding and his breath was catching and everything else that could stereotypically happen in the situation. "Glad to hear it," he said before leaning forward to embrace her, resisting the urge to hold her as tightly as he could.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 am

Damien happily embraced Joey back, no longer thinking about what had happened that night. How could she with such news on her mind? She closed her tired eyes and rested her head on his shoulder, glad to be back in his arms. She didn't know what else she could say to him at this moment, what else was there to say? She repeated his words over and over again in her head, loving the sound of it more and more.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:22 am

Joey let the moment stretch another blissful moment before, reluctantly, he pulled away, holding Damien by the arms. "Much as I'm enjoying this, you're still sick," he said. "I should let you rest."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:27 am

"I am tired, " Damien reluctantly agreed, a soft smiled gracing her lips. Then it quickly fell as things in her mind became more serious. She glanced around the room, eye lingering on Malak's blood.
"I'm scarred though.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:31 am

"He won't be coming back," Joey assured, following her gaze toward the small bloodstain. "Especially not so soon. And I'll be in the next room over, and everyone else is in the house . . . You'll be fine."

He thought briefly of offering to stay, but was it too soon for that? He was never certain. Everything was going well enough so far, though.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:36 am

Damien just nodded quietly, trying to stay strong and not push it too far or too fast. She blinked back fear tears, trying to make it unnoticeable by moving to lay down again. She was very tired, her eyes instantly wanted to close and sleep as soon as her head touched the pillow.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 am

Joey lingered for a moment, uncertain. He wanted to make Damien feel better, but there was only so much that he could do now. Reluctantly, he stood and started back to his own room, as ready as she was to sleep again.

For the first time in quite awhile, he looked forward to the next few days.

((MSN's being a pain in the ass, and I'm taking all of this as a sign that I should go to bed. =3= So I'm off.))
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 am

((Nooo lol))

Damien watched Joey leave her room seeming like she would fall asleep quickly. But once her door was closed her looked down at Malaks blood on the ground. She starred at it for several minutes, trying to convince herself that he was gone. But it didn't work and soon she just passed out from pure exhaustion.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 3:45 pm

A few more days passed uneventfully. As Rane and Damien recovered, Kerian began making plans to leave Aegon's home and return to the cities. For now, all they could really do was train. They still weren't ready to even think of scouting out the dragon, and with Malak gone (for the moment) and Rowan missing entirely, it was time to settle back into some routine of normalcy.

Joey tentatively began spending more time with Damien, checking on her a couple of times as she recovered and treading carefully when she was well enough to be up and about. He was glad that they could finally begin repairing their relationship, but there was still much to talk about and he didn't want to move too quickly. It was little things at first: being able to greet her when they passed, staying around when he knew she was worried about something, walking down the beach so they could talk in private. It was a process, but he was enjoying it.

The others were left mostly to their own devices and enjoyed a bit of quiet. Aegon, as promised, tutored Rane in some finer points of healing once she was well, and Taiju supervised (and sometimes ended up being the guinea pig for the lessons). Zakuro enjoyed the peace, spending time between her friends and pestering Joey to let her start practicing on him again.

After half a week had passed, the house was left nearly empty one evening. Joey had left with Damien for a walk, though just for the sake of it this time rather than any need to discuss anything--and Zakuro had insisted upon going and bringing Jack because the four of them hadn't spent time together in ages. Aegon wanted to find some plants that he told Rane were very beneficial in healing, and Kerian was scouting the area, as she did most evenings now.

Rowan chose this time to pay the healer's home a visit.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 4:32 pm

Damien recovered from her poison caused illness with a much better attitude. She apologized repeatedly to everyone, and tried to best not to make excuses. She also apologized to Jack a lot about throwing him through a couple walls, and he just laughed and told her it was okay. She tired her best to not push things too far or too fast with Joey but it was pretty easy to tell that she was very happy to be around him. When she practiced with the others her powers seemed to be much harder for her to control then they had in the past few months. At one point she even sparred with Jack like she used to and almost got hurt because he was expecting her to be able to block his attacks. But it seemed that no matter how hard she tried, it just wasn't like before. This discouraged Damien and lead her to think that Malak may have been purposely enhancing her powers. And Jack tried to convince her it was a state of mind. But she didn't think it could be that simple. She also took to never being alone if she could help it, usually sticking around one of her friends, but if they were all busy she would stick around Kerian or Taiju and Rane. She never said why it was that she did that, but it was pretty clear that she was terrified of being alone, no matter how much she tried to cover it. The bigger the group she was in, the better she felt.

Jack enjoyed the peaceful time with his friends, joking around whenever he could. He enjoyed it even more because during this time Jayce was dormant, Jack couldn't even tell her was there at all. And the rest of his mind was oddly calm, save a few nightmares. Jack moved pretty well between training his powers to sword fighting with Taiju. Although Taiju could beat him hands down. He was making good progress. He always carried the two swords, his own and Jayce's although he only ever used his own. It was out of a comfort, thinking that if he changed anything that Jayce would stop being dormant.

Rane loved being taught by Aegon. She was always so eager to learn and was a fast learner at that. Though she was no where near to perfecting what he had been teaching her, she caught onto it quickly. And during her down time, when she wasn't spending time with Taiju, she was reading out of Aegon's vass collections of books. Sometimes staying up late into the night.

On this evening Rane was eager to go out and find plants with Aegon, and as always taking Taiju along. And both Jack and Damien loved the sound of a nice relaxing walk. It was relaxing and fun, Jack planned on possibly turning it into a big water fight if he could. Someone could speculate that Jack was always goofing around because he didn't have much of a childhood. But it was mostly to just have fun and unwind, act their age for once.

Asha was invited to come along with Rane, Aegon and Taiju but she had decided to stay home to pick up. She was always the quiet one, picking up after everyone and helping her father. During the time that the others were training she would sometimes watch from a distance. But she never joined, even when offered once. She couldn't really fight, the only thing close that she could do skillfully was shoot a arrow.
She hummed to herself as she picked up a few book Aegon and Rane had been using earlier. She was completely unaware of any danger.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Shortly after everyone left, Rowan approached the house. Despite his typical flare for the dramatic, or perhaps because of it, Rowan simply walked through the front door. The house was warded for protection, but he dispelled the wards with some ease and entered the house.

Joey, who was in the middle of yelling at Jack for starting a water war, abruptly froze as though he'd heard something.

"Something wrong?" Zakuro asked.

"I . . . don't know."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Asha had been taking the book back into Aegon study when the elf walked into the house. She froze in her spot, looking at him, no one who was unwelcome could have just walked into the house as if it were their own. The elf girls heart pounded in her chest. She didn't know it was Rowan, she never knew what he looked like, but she could sense that this was not a good thing.
"Who are you.." She asked, forcing her voice to be steady. She gripped the books in her hands, trying to not let her fear show. At this moment she wished she hadn't been alone.

Damien stopped and looked a Joey with a concerned expression. "What's going on?" She asked as she walked over to him, partially soaked from Jack.
Jack, who was much more wet then everyone else moved in closer as well, glancing around to try and find what Joey was listening to.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Rowan just grinned. "I'm looking for you," he said, holding his hands out to his sides. "It'd be quickest if you came with me without a fight. I can guarantee I would win in a fight."

"Did you hear something?" Zakuro questioned, glancing around the empty beach. The only sounds came from them and the sound of the surf washing against the beach.

"No--not really," Joey said slowly, looking back in the direction of the house. He felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. He could sense a presence, one that he hadn't felt in a couple of months, and he didn't want to be right.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Asha starred at the elf for a tense moment before making a decision and suddenly and quickly, dropping the books and bolting deeper into the house. She didn't know who he was, but she knew she had to run, it's not like she could fight him. As she ran by a table, heading toward the back door, she snatched her bow and arrows off of it. She was very fast for her size and strength, but she had a horrible feeling that it wouldn't be good enough. But if she could just get outside and onto her stag, she might have a chance.

"Then whats wrong?" Damien pressed softly.
"Maybe we should head back?" Jack asked, glancing toward the direction of the house.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Rowan laughed and disappeared from his spot, reappearing in front of the back door.

"You're not going to be able to get away all that easily," he said as though chiding a small child. "And I need you to answer some things for me. I won't be allowing you to run."

"We need to get back to the house," Joey said suddenly. "I think Rowan's here."

"What?" Zakuro gasped. "How do you know?"

"I don't think--I don't know. I can just feel him nearby," Joey said, already taking off toward the house. "It's been a long time since I felt it but he's here now."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Asha froze when Rowan suddenly appeared on front of the back door, almost tripping on herself. Knowing she was unable to run she quickly place a arrow on her bow and aimed it at his heart. She shook lightly, growing more afraid by the moment. This guy was strong, and by the fact that he was strong, dressed nicely, a elf and wanted information from her, she was starting to guess who it was. And she hoped she was wrong...
"My father is very powerful! If you harm me he will kill you," she warned, hoping it would scare him off.

Before questioning Jack quickly darted back toward the house, knowing Asha was there alone. Damien hesitated out of fear for a moment, but then ran after the others.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 5:59 pm

Rowan laughed quietly. "I'd love to see him try," he said. He tapped the left side of his jaw, where a jagged burn scar stretched from the side of his chin up to the point of his ear.. "Kid came close, once, and he was a little more threatening than a healer. Now, we'll try again."

He disappeared again and reappeared behind Asha, seizing her by the arm. His grip was firm, but not painful. "You're not getting away," he said. "Now put the bow down so we can leave, hm?"

Joey was swearing under his breath the entire sprint. "I'll be honest, I have no idea what might happen to me if he gets close to me," he said between grit teeth. "I thought I was out but I shouldn't even be able to tell he's here. If something happens . . . Just don't let me do anything."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Asha gasped in fear as Rowan suddenly appeared behind her. She quickly pulled to get away, quickly dropping her arrow, but keeping a hold of the bow she whacked him as hard as she could with her bow, breaking it in the process. As she lost her weapon she quickly reached back to take an arrow from her quiver, planning on stabbing him with it.

"I will," Jack said to Joey, knowing what it was like to not be able to control yourself. Being the one that could bend metal, he figured he would be the one best to hold Joey back if needed. But he hoped he wouldn't need to. Damien didn't say anything as she ran, just worried now.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:15 pm

The bow cracked across Rowan's shoulder and head. He grimaced, then scowled. "That was a poor decision," he said, reaching over and grabbing the arrow as she did. The shaft splintered in his hand, and he seized her again by the arm. His grip was unusually strong, and he didn't care if he broke bone.

Spurred on the knowledge that he might get another shot at Rowan, Joey was the first to reach the door. It was already open, which was a bad sign.

"Asha?!" he yelled into the house, seeing it empty.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Asha gasped again as her other arm was grabbed by the elf. His grip instantly hurt, and she grit her teeth at first, trying not to cry out. But she couldn't help it, as she tried to pull away again she let out a short, pained cry. She thought she had heard Joey call her name just before she cried, but she wasn't sure. She looked up at Rowan and had to stop fighting to get free, it cause even more pain then just his grip alone. She thought about screaming for help, but her breath was already is heavy gasps from fear, pain and fighting to get away. She wasn't sure if she could muster enough air.

Jack came into the house after Joey and when there was no sign of the little elf girl he called her name again.
This time Asha was sure she heard her name.
"H-Help!" She finally cried, tears streaming down her face. Her small bone cracked under Rowans grip and she cried out again, her knee buckling under her from the pain.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Joey grit his teeth; Rowan's presence was almost painful. This had never happened before. He summoned flames as he ran into the house, guided by Asha's shouts and the sense.

He reached the back room just in time to see Rowan disappear with Asha.

"Fuck," he breathed, leaning on a nearby chair. The pain was dissippating and he couldn't feel Rowan at all now; the elf was too far away to chase. Yet thoughts still raced through his head--following after Rowan, helping him, giving him whatever information that Asha couldn't, fighting away the others if they tried to stop him.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Jack fallowed Joey back to the back of the house closely, also seeing Rowan vanish with Asha.
"Damn it!" He shouted, then he looked back at Joey, "do you know where he went?"

Damien finally caught up to the group and had to take a minute to catch her breath. She went to put a hand on Joey's shoulder, sensing that he was having a hard time. She didn't know the extent of it though.

Asha closed her eyes tightly as they were teleported, fear racing through her. She cried to her father, wishing more then ever that she had gone with him and the others. She pulled lightly again, trying to get away without hurting herself more. She knew it wouldn't work though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Joey shook his head to Jack's question. When he felt Damien's hand on his shoulder, he whipped around, swatting her hand away with flames streaking from his own.

"Don't touch me!" he hissed.

"Joey!" Zakuro said sharply, grabbing him by the shoulders. He glared at her, and then his eyes went wide as he realized what he was doing.

"Shit--I'm sorry," he breathed, backing away and leaning again on the chair. "I didn't mean . . ."

"We need to get the others," Zakuro said. "But I don't know where they are. Kerian might not be back for at least an hour if she's scouting."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Damien quickly pulled her hand back and took a step back away from Joey. She was was ready for a reaction like that, she had to remind herself that it wasn't Joey. She took a deep breath and moved in close again, reaching out for his hand, hesitating a moment, and then picking it up.

"We have no idea where, they went..." Jack said a bit discourage. He grabbed Zakuro by the arm and gently pulled her a couple steps away from Joey and Damien.
"If you think you will be okay here with Joey I will go out and look for them on my horse. He's the fastest anyway." He said softly. He didn't want to scare Damien and so didn't want her to hear what he said. And he didn't want to offend Joey in anyway. He knew as well as the others, that it wasn't his fault.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Joey gripped Damien's hand tightly, the comforting familiarity of it helping to clear his thoughts. In a minute or so he felt like himself again, but the feelings still lingered.

"We'll be fine," he said after a minute. "Go find them. He's probably long gone by now, I can't feel him, and god knows where he went, but the longer we stick around here, the worse off Asha will be."

Zakuro nodded and turned to go with Jack.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Jack quickly left with Zakuro, heading out to the horses. He grabbed the grey stallion and pulled a bridle onto his head before pulling himself up onto his bare back. He looked over at Zakuro, "Come on, just ride with me," he said, extending a hand out to help her up.

Damien watched the others leave, and couldn't help the sting of fear that passed her heart. But she had to keep herself calm. She looked back at Joey and squeezed his hand gently, "are you alright?"

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Zakuro looked briefly doubtful, but she took Jack's hand and pulled herself up behind him with his help. She supposed it didn't relaly matter whether they rode together or separately; even if she took her horse, she wouldn't want to ride anywhere but beside him in case there was still danger around.

"I'll be fine," Joey sighed, straightening. "I didn't . . . expect that, I guess. He doesn't have a real hold on me, not anymore, but I didn't think there would still be any effect at all." He hung his head in shame. "I'm sorry. I really . . . I don't want to hurt you again. I didn't meant to do that."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Jack quickly kicked his horse into a quick run once he knew Zakuro was hanging on. His legs hung on tightly to the barrel of the horse, keeping him stead as the stallion ran and jumped some of the rocks. he remembered them saying something about going to a meadow near a waterfall, so he headed in the direction he thought it would be.

"It's okay," Damien said firmly, moving her free and to move some of Joey's hair out of his face. "I'm not hurt. And I know it's not you." She spoke softly but firmly to try and convince him that things were alright.
"I'm just worried about Asha... Do you think he will hurt her?""
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Zakuro clung tightly to Jack, not as accustomed to riding this way as he was. For her sake as much as Asha's, she hoped they would find the others quickly.

As Jack has thought, Aegon had led Rane and Taiju out to a small waterfall near a craggy meadow and was gathering plants there. Taiju, less interested in the process than the other two, was the first to notice.

"What brings you out here?" he called as the horse came closer. The expressions on the riders' faces made him worried even before they spoke.

"I don't know," Joey sighed. "I never knew with him. He wants something from her, but I don't know what. Information? He won't kill her if that's what he wants, at least not immediately, but I don't know how much time we have. He never mentioned Aegon when I was with him, so I don't know if that's what he's interested in."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Jack ran his horse all the way up to the others, bringing it to a abrupt stop just before it was too late.
"Rowan showed up while we were at the beach.." Jack explained quickly, "he took Asha."

Rane had looked up when Taiju called to them and immediately grew worried as well. Her eyes widened a bit when she heard Rowan's name.
Jack's horse stomped a bit in its stop, a bit upset that it had to stop running after getting worked up. Jack managed to keep him still though.

"Asha doesn't exactly seem the type to just hand out information about her father to anyone who intended bad with it," Damien mused, thinking about the things Rowan might do to get her to talk.
"How are we going to know where to look?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:08 pm

"He disappeared before we could do anything," Zakuro added. "We have no idea where he went at all."

The change in Aegon's demeanor was immediate. His expression darkened and his body stiffened with anger. Taiju cast him a sidelong glance, slightly startled by the uncharacteristic behavior.

"He will be found," the healer said lowly, turning sharply toward the house.

"Have you seen Kerian?" Zakuro asked, and Taiju shook his head. "Damn."

"I don't know," Joey said again. "He won't take her to the estate. It's too close to the dragon's army. Maybe one of the places he keeps in major cities, but that might be too noticeable." He shook his head. "And I've never sensed him when he wasn't within a mile or so of me, and even that's weak. I don't know if I could do anything."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:31 am

"Then we will go look for her, you guys head back up to the house," Jack said with a quick nod before taking off again in the direction they saw Kerian first go off to.

Rane quickly fallowed after Aegon. She had never seen the other healer like this. She was worried for Asha, she really hoped that Rowan wouldn't hard her.

"It's alright, I'm sure we will find her," Damien said to reassure Joey that he didn't HAVE to do anything. But she doubted her own words. Even if they did find her, would it be too late by then?
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:54 am

"Do you know of any ways we can track Rowan down?" Taiju asked, having to quicken his pace and take long strides in order to keep pace with the angered healer.

"Unfortunately, no," Aegon growled, "but that will not stop me from finding him."

"I hope so," Joey muttered. He remembered the time he and Zakuro had been taken by Rowan for very similar purposes; Rowan had not been as abusive as he could have been, but that said little in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:19 am

Rane quickly searched through her brain to see if she could remember anything about tracking spells, or anything. She wasn't good with magic, but she did study it from time to time.
"Knowing Rowan he just transported them, so there would be no tracks or anything..." Rane half mumbled to herself, half spoke aloud.

"You feeling better?" Damien asked after there was another moment of silence. She didn't like Joey feeling like crap, or having to fight off whatever though Rowan had put into his head. And she wasn't sure what she was supposed to do to help.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 am

"No. We'll have to find a better way of find them," Taiju said. He was nervous, though, that there may be no way at all. The last time Rowan had pulled this stunt, he had deliberately left a hint to his location. They would never have found him otherwise. Now, however . . .

"Perhaps Kerian will know of something," he suggested, though he didn't think so at all.

Joey ran a hand back through his hair. "Yeah, I think so," he said. "I just need to work on that, I guess. God, I don't want him getting back into my head . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:56 pm

"Then I hope Jack and Zakruo find her soon," Rane said, "at least she has her horse with her." She hadn't thought something would come up while they were out, so they wouldn't have a reason to rush back.
By the time the three made it back to the house Jack and Zakuro had found Kerian, explained what happened and were on their way back.

"You just have to try and be strong when he's around," Damien told Joey softly, she squeezed his hand again, "and I'm confident that you, of all people, can do it."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:26 am

Joey managed a weak smile. "I think you're more confident in me than I am," he remarked lightheartedly.

The door slammed violently open as Aegon entered the house, tailed by Taiju and Rane. His normally calm composure had shattered, leaving behind a permanent scowl and no indication that the healer was calming anytime soon. Kerian and the others were shortly behind, leaving everyone grouped in the main room.

"So now what?" Zakuro asked, daring to break the tense silence. "We have to go find her, obviously, but where do we even start?"

Kerian looked to Joey. "I don't suppose you have any clues?" she inquired, which merited a shake of the head from him in response.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Damien let out a slow sigh, looking at the ground. There was nothing she could think of. If Malak were alive he might know something since he tried to keep close tabs on Rowan. But she still didn't regret him dying. Her head had felt so clear since he died and the leaches were expelled from her body. And what he had done... She shook her head lightly to try and break her train of thought.

"There's no sort of magic or anything that can help?" Jack asked, looking at Aegon then Rane and Kerian. Even if the last two didn't perform magic he figured they at least knew a little about it.

Rane shrugged helplessly, feeling so useless. There wasn't a single thing she could thing of. But she half wondered if she was just forgetting something.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Aegon was quiet awhile, looking between the members of the group as he thought. His gaze soon settled on Joey. "Kerian mentioned that you once worked under Rowan," he said slowly.

Joey blinked. "Not willingly, but yeah, for a couple months or so," he said. The thought of it made him feel ill. He just wanted to put that part of his life behind him, but it seemed impossible to actually let it go.

"Have you any idea where he might have taken Asha?"

"We came back to the house because I . . . felt, for a lack of a better word, Rowan here. But he's miles away now, so I don't know."

Aegon's frown turned thoughtful. "You could sense him?" he asked.

"Briefly. Not anymore. The link we had is pretty dead." Joey shifted uncomfortably; the fact that Aegon was pursuing this made him uneasy.

Aegon shook his head and stood in front of Joey, seeming to be examining him. "I can augment it," he said sharply, already raising a hand toward Joey. "If a link already exists, I can make it stronger. You can--"

Joey swatted away the healer's hand. "No," he said. "He's messed with me too much. I don't want to make it stronger on purpose."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:24 pm

"I would have to agree that we should try to find some other way," Damien said quickly after Joey spoke. The idea of making that tiny link, that was already strong enough to be so hard on Joey, stronger scarred her.

Jack was quiet, as much as he wanted to find Asha he didn't want to put Joey at risk.
"Is there anything you can do to break the link afterward?" He asked carefully. If they could break it after they found Asha it could work. . . But he worried too.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:36 pm

"It is the only solution I can think of," Aegon said firmly. "As for breaking the link, I do not know, but unless anyone has any other solutions, our only other option is to begin searching on foot, which could take us weeks or months."

Joey swallowed thickly. "I . . . I don't know," he said. "I can't--just when he was here for a few seconds, I felt like I was losing my head. It wasn't nearly as bad as it used to be, but . . . "

"Certainly there must be something else," Kerian interjected. "We already lost him once to Rowan, and I am a bit tired of losing my charges."

"It's either this, or we don't find her at all," Aegon replied coldly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:43 pm

"What if it doesn't work?" Damien asked quickly, "what if he still can't find Rowan and he just lose him too?"

Jack was torn between the safety of his friend and a innocent girl that had helped them so much. There was a small part of him that just wanted to forget about her, like it never happened. But he knew it was wrong.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Aegon regarded them all with a dark look. "I cannot guarantee my aid in any other matters unless we at least attempt to find my daughter," he said.

Taiju bristled. "You can't do that," he said. "We can't just risk a part of the prophecy for her!"

"I doubt this elf would have come to my home without you all being here," Aegon said. "I am sorry, but right now, she is just as important to me as anything else."

Joey glared down at the ground. "Fine," he muttered. "I guess we don't have much of a choice. She helped me after I got away from Rowan. I can't just let him hurt her."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:06 am

Damien bit her lip to hold back her urge to argue with Joey and beg him not to do it. But she had a feeling that she wouldn't win and it would just make her look like she didn't care. She did care about Asha getting hurt. But probably not as much as the others.
She instead took Joey's hand again in a silent effort to comfort him.

Rane never had much to say, everything was being said for her. And Jack fell silent a few moments prior.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

Joey took a deep breath and tensed as Aegon pressed the palm of his hand against his forehead. Joey let go of Damien's hand, uncertain what the magic might do if their hands were joined.

Aegon mumbled a few words that Joey didn't understand. There was a brief second of warning in which Joey felt the magic trickling in. Then it seemed to flash violently through his head and he gasped out, not quite pained but startled. He stumbled back from Aegon and grasped at the back of the chair for balance.

"Joey!" Zakuro gasped, pushing forward and grabbing his arm to help him up. He grimaced, putting a hand to his head.

Kerian frowned disapprovingly at Aegon, who just looked on expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:24 am

Damien quickly moved to grab Joey with Zakuro, concerned for him, and for what he might do. She remained silent for a moment, hoping he would be able to collect himself.

Jack couldn't help but feel nervous when Zakuro went to go help her friend. He couldn't stop her, and he was sure she could see the concern etched on his face. Joey had lashed out a few times, never anything too bad lately, but he was worried. The link hadn't been this strong lately according to Joey. Despite the want to not have to do it, he moved himself in a ready position to help the girls if need be. Or to get them away.

"Did it work?" Rane dared to ask, her voice concerned.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 am

It was a moment before Joey reacted. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "I think . . . I think so. It's--shit, it's a mess, but I can tell. Sort of. He went east." He tensed and yanked away from Zakuro and Damien. "And quit touching me, goddamn."

Zakuro took her hand back, startled, but Joey did nothing else.

"Then it worked," Aegon said approvingly, already starting for the door.

Kerian grabbed him by the shoulder before he got far. "You should remain here," she said. When he started to protest, she spoke over him. "As powerful as you are, I do not think you should travel with us. You have said yourself how busy and weary you are. Remain home. We will find Asha."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 am

Damien pulled away for a second but came right back to Joey, hooking a arm around his to help him and be close without being suffocating. She was sure it was just the Rowan thoughts talking.
"I'm not going anywhere... Not this time.." She said firmly, but in a very caring voice.

"Kerian is right," Rane added to Aegon, "if she is hurt I will take care of her. Don't worry. We will get her back..." She spoke firmly, looking the other healer in the eyes to let him know that she spoke the truth. And she did, even if it killed her she would bring his daughter back. It would only barely begin to pay him back for saving her own life.

Jack motioned to Zakuro to move away from Joey. If anyone was going to push his buttons it should just be Damien.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlain    Orlain     - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orlain
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: