Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Demon      - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:45 pm

"Oh--no, not really," Devon said quickly with a shake of her head. She managed a bit of a smile. "I'm just thinking."

She shoved her hands in her pockets and looked up toward the sky. A couple of the brightest stars were just visible, white pinpricks against midnight blue, but the vast majority were drowned out by the city lights. "I don't talk about my dad a lot," she said by way of explanation. "I mean, Drake knows how I turned--he knows everything, I swear to God--and Colt probably does, can't remember if I've told her, but it's not . . ." She trailed off, searching for the right words. "I'm not ashamed of him. I know it was an accident. But other people hear it and think he's just out of control. I let it slip to another hunter once and it took everything just to keep him from hunting Dad down. So it's not something I go and say a whole lot."

Zeke couldn't help flinching too, startled by Drake's sudden turn in behavior. "I . . . have no idea," he said. "He was fine earlier, if annoyed because Vincent wouldn't say anything about what happened, but he was pretty quiet once you all got home."
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:46 am

Vincent nodded, "I can completely understand. I get defensive over my brother at times, even though I have no real reason to defend him." He paused for a moment, watching the ground. "I would never just assume something like that, even if I hadn't know it. I always assume someone to be sane and good until proven other wise." He wanted to be sure she knew.

"Weird..." Colt mumbled. She starred at the door for a minute before shaking her head lightly and looking at Zeke again.
"I want to say something, be completely honest, but I don't want to scare you...."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:58 am

Devon smiled. "Good," she said lightly. Not that she thought Vincent had a bone in his body that wasn't good-natured and incapable of prejudice, really.

Zeke smiled weakly. "I could probably guarantee someone's said something weirder to me before," he said. His smile disappeared. "But tell me. I'm sure it'll be okay."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:26 am

"But I am glad to hear that I was not the one to upset you..." Vincent trailed off lightly, "do you see your parents anymore?"

"Well I hope you are right..." Colt said smiling softly. She looked down, suddenly becoming nervous. She didn't know why this was going to be so hard to say. They had been going on dates, so it was going to be obvious that she liked him. But... She felt more then just that.
"Well I... You know that I like you.." Colt started, smiling nervously and keeping her gaze down at her hands. "But I think... I think that it's more then just that. . . No I'm pretty sure it is." She glanced back up but her smile at fallen to just a worried expression. "I want to be around you all the time. . . Like, more then we are already. The whole time I was gone I only thought about seeing you. And when I got back it made me feel really happy to know you were worried about me... I.. I don't know. I just.." She looked back down, not sure what words she wanted to say next. She was so afraid of scaring him away when he was possibly the best thing to ever happen to her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 1:38 am

"On occasion," Devon answered. She looked down at her shoes, concentrating mildly on placing one foot in front of the other, heel to toe. "When I get the time. I move around a little bit, comes with the job, but I try to go see them at least a couple times a year. They're doing well, last I checked. They keep asking if I've gotten any more scars." She smiled ruefully.

"I see." Zeke smiled again, genuine and gentle. Instead of speaking, he leaned forward. He hesitated near her, his lips barely grazing hers as if asking for permission before kissing her.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:00 am

"So they don't mind that you hang around with a bunch of vampires and hunt demons every night?" Vincent asked with a smile. He knew they would care as in, be worried for her. But he imagined that any family who knew of demons and vampires would do their best to keep their children away.

When Zeke's lips grazed Colt's a shiver or excitement quickly ran up her spine. She was quick to kiss him back, wrapping both of her arms around his neck and pulling her body close to his. She kissed him happily, her heart racing in her chest to the point where she felt like it was going to burst.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am

"I may skim back a few details," Devon said with a smirk. "They know I have a . . . variety of friends, and what I do, but they don't really know how how dangerous it is. That's probably for the best." She laughed lightly. "Not that I'm usually TOO in danger, for the most part. Unless you're dangerous and I'm just not aware of it."

Zeke let the kiss go on for a few too-short seconds before breaking away, keeping close. "It probably goes without saying, but you didn't really freak me out," he said lowly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 am

Vincent smiled widely, trying to look nefarious. It didn't work too well, just made him look goofy. "You never know, I could smile at you until your heart exploded!" He faked a evil laugh, which turned into a real chuckle at himself.

Colt smiled widely up at Zeke, "I'm glad to hear that," she breathed, her heart still racing from the kiss. "I don't know what I would do if you scared easily." She leaned in to kiss him again briefly before adding, "I'm so glad to get that off my chest."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 am

Devon laughed and stifled the noise behind her hand, not wanting to wake the entire neighborhood as they walked. "If you manage to perfect that, let me know," she said between giggles. "I'd say feel free to practice on me, but on the off chance that you somehow succeeded, I'd rather not be your first victim."

Zeke chuckled. "I'll bet," he agreed. "I'm glad to hear it, though."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:32 am

"I think Ronnie would be the first to go. He scowls so much I find myself constantly smiling at him, hoping that he will smile back, for even a second." Vincent explain as his chuckle died down. He loved seeing Devon happy. He often found himself making jokes that he would not usually make, just to see her smile.

"Are you really?" Colt asked, just wanting to hear him say it. "What could you possibly like about a girl like me?" She wasn't being hard on herself, or anything like that. She just was like any other girl who loved to hear what was good about herself. Even if she would never admit it.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 am

"Is he ever happy?" Devon asked with another laugh and a shake of her head. "He's been with you forever, as far as I can tell, but he certainly doesn't look happy about it, ever. I assume you have to like something about him to keep him around that long."

"Well, the usual reasons I guess. Funny, nice . . . helps that you're cute, too." Zeke sat back a little, rubbing at the back of his neck with one hand. "So, y'know."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:47 am

Vincent's smile fell just a little, "he has always been heard headed and sarcastic... But he has not always been this.. Angry." He said, looking forward again as they walked. "It's only in the last year or so that he has been like this, and worse since we joined you three. And all my probes into why has only made him more angry." His smiled fell completely and he looked toward the ground, slowing a bit in his stride. "He is my closest and dearest friend and I do not know why he is so unhappy. And it kills me..."

Colt blushed a furious red and she giggled, "well I think you're much cuter then I could ever be." She leaned back a little as well. "You have probably had so many girlfriends but you would be my first boyfriend.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:52 am

Devon hummed but had nothing to offer but sympathies. She barely knew Ronnie and wasn't overly fond of him. She mostly noted his existence because he was around Vincent half the time when she wanted to talk to the vampire and because she had to shop for him as well as herself and Colt whne it came to food. Otherwise, the boy's existence usually went somewhat unnoticed.

"I could not tell you," she said at length. "Sorry to hear that, though."

"Geez, you make me sound like a player," Zeke laughed. "No, no . . . couple girlfriends, a boyfriend during high school, but not that much."

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 2:59 am

"I am sorry to throw this on you," Vincent sighed lightly. "I just wish that he would tell me the truth." He looked up as they approached the house. It seemed quiet and just the way they left it. Nothing weird seemed to have happened, which was always a good thing.

Colt froze in shock, "boyfriend?" she asked, wondering if she had misheard him. She didn't know what to think for a long moment, he didn't seem like the type to be bi? It was a very odd thought. Not something that would make her upset. Just... Odd...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:32 am

"You don't have to be sorry. I'd be worried, too," Devon said with a slight smile. "Hopefully you figure it out soon, though." She looked to the house and frowned; Drake's scent was slightly stronger out here as though he'd passed by earlier. Had he gone somewhere? It was probably unimportant, but she thought he would sleep after a long night of hunting.

"Just the one," Zeke said with a nod, leaning back on the couch and finally allowing himself to get comfortable. "He was nice enough." He frowned, trying to understand Colt's reaction. "Oh geez--did I not tell you I'm--?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 2:44 pm

Vincent caught Drake scent as well but thought very little of it. He glanced around before heading inside.

"No, you hadn't-" Colt was cut off as Vincent and Devon came into the house. She was a bit relieved to have a distraction. She didn't care if people were gay or bi or lesbian. Nothing bothered her, but it made her have a odd feeling in the pit of her gut to suddenly find out Zeke was bi. . . Almost like she was scarred she wasn't going to be good enough for him, or she would have even more competition. Or what if he decided one day that he was just full out gay? New worries suddenly hit her from the news, and suddenly she felt much less confident.

"Oh Colt, you are awake," Vincent smiled at the werewolf girl as they walked into the house. Colt just smiled at Vincent with a nod. "Glad to know the sedative wore off quickly." Vincent added, taking off his over coat before continuing to his and Ronnie's bed room to put it away and see what the human was up to.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 4:22 pm

"Sedative?" Devon repeated. She whirled around to face Vincent, but he was already disappearing into the bedroom and he wouldn't have answered her questions, anyway. She sighed and started shrugging off her jacket, throwing a smile Colt's way. "Well . . . regardless, I'm glad to see you're alive. I'm hoping to get the full story soon, when you're feeling well enough for it."

Zeke shifted a little uncomfortably. The story was a lot worse than he had expected. Devon wouldn't like react violently or anything of the sort, but what happened was something Zeke would try not to think about for some time.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Colt let off a soft sigh, glancing at Zeke. She had not been looking forward to talk to Devon about this whole thing. She figured Devon would want to hear news like this alone specially when she had a possibility of it happening to her as well. Feeling well enough awake now Colt stood back up off the couch. She was still a tiny bit weaker then usual, but she was sure she could manage a short walk.
"Can we go on a walk?" She asked lightly, "I'll be able to explain but I need some fresh air."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm

Devon stopped with her jacket halfway down her arms. "But I just--" She looked at the door, hung her head, and groaned. "Fine. I've already had two soul-searching conversations tonight. Might as well see if I can squeeze in a third before I pass out." She pulled her jacket mostly back up, leaving it hung slightly so that it reached toward her fingertips and exposed her shoulder--past the point of caring what she looked like.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Zeke asked, ignoring Devon's dramatics for the moment.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Colt laughed lightly at Devon before turning to smile back at Zeke. "Yeah I will, just a short walk." She walked over and grabbed her coat out of her room and pulled it on as she headed toward the door.
It was nearly morning out now, but the air was still crisp and cool. She headed out the door, walking slowly to keep herself from over working herself.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:57 pm

Devon slipped her hands back into her now-lopsided pockets, turning her gaze toward the horizon. The edge of the sky was turning pink as the sun inched closer. When had it gotten so late?

"So," she sighed after awhile. "Vincent's too much of a gentleman to explain anything to me. What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Colt let out a long and audible sigh, "yeah that's what Zeke said. Though I have to wonder if it really is out of being gentlemanly or not wanting to break the news to you.." She admitted. She shoved her hands in her own pockets and watched the ground as they walked, heading more toward the outside of the city. She hated being in the city it self.
"I wanted to take you away from the others to tell you, cause it has as much to do with you as it does me... Vincent came to me one day, actually pulled me aside and said he could smell it on me... And well there could be a possibility... Since I didn't know... I'm not sure if you would have checked.." She bounced around the words, much more nervous about telling her then Zeke. She sighed again, determined to just spit it out.
"I was... Well.. Pregnant.. Vincent and Ronnie went with me to get an abortion since they were the only ones that knew about it. Vincent had to give me a sedative before cause I'm so afraid of doctors and such... And well... It's a good thing I got an abortion since it was Villies kid... And... You were... Well part of what he did too..." She dared to look up to see Devon's reaction. She had been rambling for some time now.. "I don't know if you have... Checked.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm

Devon listened with a stoic expression, which became strained the longer Colt went on. At the end, Devon looked down at the ground, clenching her hands into fists in her coat pockets.

"I checked," she said after a moment. She cleared her throat uncomfortably. "A while after we got back--wanted to make sure it wouldn't come up negative just because it was too soon. Came back clean, and if Vincent noticed it on you, he would have on me . . . Good thing he caught it, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 pm

"Yeah that's true..." Colt nodded to the thought of Vincent noticing it on Devon as well. She sighed again to try and calm her nerves.
"I'm really sorry..." She looked back up at Devon again, "I don't remember if I said it, but I'm really sorry. I feel like it was because of my mix up with Villie that it got you into that mess too... And... I know you're not the type to talk about it... But I think I would be the only one to remotely understand..." She stopped herself from continuing.
"I' just glad Vincent noticed.. I never thought about it..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:49 pm

"It's not your fault," Devon said coolly, swallowing down the anxiety she could feel crawling into her throat. "You're not the one who did it. I wish I could get my hands on Villie and kill him properly, but I don't think any of us are in a position to really do that. At least it's done with and everything . . . else was taken care of before it could get worse."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 pm

"Yeah.." Colt nodded lightly. "I'm sure someday we will make him pay." She slowed to a stop, feeling a bit weak. Her vision blurred for a second and she blinked rappidly until it was back to normal.
"Maybe we should head back.." Colt smiled lightly. The sun was nearly fully up by now. She felt the warmth of the sun on her back and remembered something. "Oh. Drake left a little while ago, slammed the door and seemed like he was in a rush..."
Drake could easily managed himself in sunlight, he didn't burn as easily as he used to or other vampires did. But if he was out in it for too long it could ware him out a lot. But he was usually smart enough to pull his coat up and stick to the shade.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:21 pm

"Wonder why," Devon said, half to herself, as she looked again at the sun. Drake could take care of himself, so she wouldn't bother going to look for him, but he usually did avoid doing anything during daylight hours if it could be helped. "I caught his scent while I was coming back earlier, but I never actually saw him. Guess we'll find out when he gets back."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm

"Yeah he didn't take his coat so I don't think he will be gone long.." Colt agreed. She glanced around to, half expecting to see him, before turning to head back home.
She was glad that this conversation with Devon wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. But.. She wished she had opened up a little. Oh well. She at least hoped that Devon had talked to someone instead of keeping it bottle up.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Devon, of course, had not talked to anyone, and would continue to refuse to until the end of her days. There wasn't time for her to be sobbing and wailing over a time in her life that was now over. She had others' emotional turmoil to deal with and there was no point in her own.

"Just as long as he's not doing something stupid," she said lightly as they turned to go back to the house.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 pm

((That's exactly what he's doing actually. XD But he will come back.))

"I'm sure he is," Colt laughed lightly. They walked back up to the house, and Colt was looking pretty tired again. She plopped herself back down on the couch, not bothering to take off her coat.

She easily noticed the sound of two men bickering coming from Vincent and Ronnie's room.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm

Devon defiantly shucked her coat, the movement declaring her intention to stay in the house now and God save anyone who tried to make her do otherwise. She looked toward the bedroom, briefly listening to the arguing, before shaking her head.

"Not my problem," she announced, removing her gun belt as she went for her bedroom. "If anyone needs anything, they'd better wait eight hours if they don't want to get shot."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 6:53 pm

"Good night Devon," Colt laughed as the other girl went into her room. She looked over toward the room where the argument was happening. It even sounded like Vincent was arguing, almost raising his voice above Ronnie's. This gave Colt a worried feeling in her gut. It had to have been serious.
She glanced at Zeke's room, thinking that he had gone off to bed as well. The walk to her own room sounded horrible so she merely slid down the couch until she was laying on her side. The house grew silent for a moment, then the two's arguing picked up again. At this moment she wished she didn't have heightened senses. Hearing them argue brought up old and drowned feelings from her past. She closed her eyes tightly and shifted into her wolf form, still laying over the couch. She laid her ears back and sighed deeply. She could move to her room... But it didn't seem worth it. she knew she would still hear them in there.

It wasn't more then hour after Devon went to bed that Drake came back into the house. Colt had fallen asleep by now, and didn't notice him. She twitched lightly in her sleep from a dream, still in her wolf form. Vincent and Ronnie had quieted down now as well.
Drake stopped inside to the house, leaning his back against the door and starring at the ground, his bright blue eyes saddened. He glanced at the wolf and sighed quietly. For a moment he wished he had never met her... Or Zeke, or Vincent and Ronnie... Or even Devon. Cause what he had to do now was going to be much harder then if he had just never met them at all. . .
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Devon was asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow. She was grateful; the last two hours of interaction with people had filled her head with a lot of thoughts that she didn't want to entertain. She didn't entirely know where she stood with Vincent, and the argument she could hear through the thin walls didn't help matters much. Then there was everything Colt had dredged up . . . Yes, sleep was infinitely preferable to being awake right now.

Zeke's couch had been stolen by Colt, which left him to sit by it for awhile, listening to the argument until it quieted down. He was just drifting off, head laying back awkwardly on the cushions, when Drake returned. He lifted his head to give a "welcome home" smile and slumped again, certain that Drake wouldn't want him prying.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Drake hadn't noticed the younger vampire be awake when he came into the house. He visibly jumped when he spoke, seeming almost afraid of something. Odd behavior for Drake who wasn't often startled or scared.
"Oh. Uh. yeah.." He pushed himself off the door and started to head toward the bedroom he shared with Devon, not making eye contact with Zeke.
He went into the room and didn't bother to fully shut the door behind him. He paused to watch Devon sleep for a moment before grabbing a bag from the closet and shoving it full of his clothes. He was sure to be quiet, trying to do his best to not wake her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Despite Drake's best efforts, and Devon's wish to be able to turn off her sensitive hearing when she slept, his banging around the room was enough to rouse Devon from her sleep. At first she simply assumed Drake was getting ready for bed and rolled over, ignoring him, but when the shuffling sounds didn't cease after a couple of minutes, she lifted her head and looked at him blearily through her sleep-tousled bangs. When she caught sight of the bag he was packing, she was instantly more alert.

"Going somewhere?" she asked, careful to keep her voice neutral.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Drake froze, not noticing Devon had woken up. His back turned to her his hands tightened into fists around the clothes he was holding.
"I was hoping I wouldn't wake you and a leaving a letter would be good enough..." he mumbled, his voice shaky. He continued packing, finishing with his clothes and moving over to the chest where he kept most of his weapons.
"I have to go.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 pm

"What are you talking about?" Though every muscle in her body still ached for sleep, Devon was instantly thrumming with tension. She sat up and slid off the bed, not bothering with her glasses. "Why are you leaving? Where are you going?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:54 pm

Drake finished throwing a few weapons into his bag and stopped to look up at Devon.
"I need to go," he said firmly, almost as if he was trying to convince himself as well. "There are things I have to get done... And I can't take any of you along.." He glanced back toward the bedroom door. "I think you will be fine with out me, you're pretty good at taking care of yourself." Drake seemed sure that he needed to leave, but unsure of how to make Devon understand.
"There is this thing... With my real dad... And... You can't go.. We need to split apart for a little while."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Devon shook her head. "And what exactly is it that you're doing that you can't tell me what it is?" she asked. "Or that I can't go with you? You make it sound like it's dangerous and--what does your dad even have to do with this--"

She made a frustrated noise, torn between anger and panic.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:12 pm

"Devon please..." Drake said softly, his shoulders slouching. "My real dad, you know hes... A demon. And... I am too. And there is a thing or something that Chance can use against me..." He ran his hand roughly over his face. "Telling you could get you killed. But I have to change it and you can't... Can't go into the demon world with me.."
He grit his teeth heavily. When he was turned into a vampire he had to learn how to deal with hating the thing he had become. He distracted himself with hating demons, hunting them down. But when all signs pointed to him being something he hated to much he shut it down and never spoke about it. But it was true. Everyone around knew it, but he refused to mention it unless it was needed. He never thought he could hate himself so much for something he couldn't control. Admitting only a demon could get into the demon world, and that he could go was like admitting he was evil scum of the earth. It was admitting that he should be hunted down like a animal just like the ones he had hunted down.
"I'll come back... I just don't know when.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Devon clenched her jaw. A muscle in her throat worked under her skin as she bit back all the things she thought of saying. Part of her said to stop him at all costs; another advised simply saying "see you later, then" and going back to bed, because if he couldn't trust her, why should she bother caring?

But she could neither throw herself at his feet to beg nor act indifferent, so she was silent.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Drake jumped as if he heard something from far away, but it seemed to be simply in his head. He took a few steps across the room and sat on the bed next to Devon.
"I'm sorry. If I don't do this Chance could control me..." Drake added quietly, a bit of sweat sliding down his jaw line. He seemed so nervous and tense. And he was. He grabbed Devon's hand, "I will come back... There is no possible way I can take you with me. And the others need you... I don't want to go... But I must.." Tears started to burn his eye lids as he looked at her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Devon quietly took her hand out of Drake's grip. "You'd better," she said, glaring down at the floor. "I swear I will hunt you down if you take too long to get back here." Not that she wasn't considering doing so five minutes after Drake left, but it would likely be pointless, and a tiny voice of reason pointed out that doing so might make it more dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 pm

"Please don't be mad.." Drake said quietly. Leaving Devon was hard enough, having her be mad at him for it was even harder. It was completely out of his control if she could tag along. And he had to go to keep everyone safe. If Chance controlled him he would kill hundreds.
"I don't know how long it will take.. But I will get in contact when I can... And I will be sneaking around so I wont be in immediate danger.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm

"Fine," Devon said tersely, folding her arms tightly to her chest and leaning over her knees. She almost wished she had slept through this, that Drake had left a letter like he said he wanted to and she would find it when she woke up that afternoon. "Just . . . be careful. And get in contact with me whenever you can. I don't care if you have to send a carrier pigeon to do it, just let me know what's happening."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:59 pm

"I will.. When ever I can, I promise." Drake agreed quietly. He leaned in and planted a quick kiss on Devon's cheek before standing again to grab his things and leave. As much as he wanted a longer goodbye- kiss it didn't seem like Devon was up for it. And despite not knowing how long he would have to be gone, he was determined to come back to her.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Devon flinched a little at the kiss but otherwise didn't react, choosing to glare off to the side. It was all she could do and she felt utterly helpless. Nothing would make Drake stay and acting like a child about it wouldn't make it better.

"Good luck, then," she said at last.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Drake hesitated a moment before leaving the room, clenching his jaw tightly. He continued out the door and then out the house as a fast paced walk. He didn't bother closing the door behind him quietly. When the door shut Colt jumped out of her sleep, quickly glancing around to see what the noise was from.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:14 pm

Devon sat for awhile, clenching and unclenching her fists, until she realized her body's too tense now for sleep. Woken by that kind of news, she was unlikely to sleep again until her body physically gave out, so she gave in and went to start a pot of coffee. Maybe she could get something around the house done, or clean her guns, or sit in silence until something in her brain clicked and she either had an emotional breakdown or managed to kill those emotions thoroughly.

She would prefer the latter.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm

As Colt glanced around she noticed Zeke sitting off the side and quickly changed back to her human form. "Oh, I must have not seen you there when I fell asleep," she mumbled tiredly. She stifled a long yawn, still unsure where that noise had come from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: