Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

Demon      - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:18 am

"That is true," Colt nodded, "but it's still better then hurting someone or killing someone." She looked down at her hand in his and found herself smiling again. It was strange for her to have feelings like this for someone else. It had never happened before, cept KINDA with Villie. But it was completely different. She wasn't being forced or tricked into liking him. She just wanted to sit and talk with him, and she would be content. It was a strange feeling.
"Oh.." Colt said suddenly as if she noticed something, "I feel a lot better."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:29 am

"Oh," Zeke said. "That's good. I'm not sure what I did, but I'm willing to take credit for it." He smiled, happy to see that Colt might be feeling better. It was hard to watch a friend be sick for so long and not be able to do anything about it.

"Now you just have to actually stay that way," he added after a moment. "I kinda want to go out again, but it's harder when you're sick."
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:35 am

Colt laughed lightly, letting Zeke take the credit. Could it be just a coincidence that she happened to feel better when she was talking to Zeke? Then she looked up at him, "really? You do?" She asked, almost as if she didn't believe him.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 1:23 pm

"Well, why not? We had fun last night, even if it ended a little early because you felt sick. It'd probably be even better if you weren't sick," Zeke replied, still smiling. "So if you're well enough soon and you want to . . ."

Last edited by Common Nonsense on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 am

Colt smiled widely once again, "I would love to." She hadn't thought about it happening again. She figured it was just a fluke.
"As soon as I'm sure that I'm all better, so we don't get interrupted again."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Zeke laughed lightly. "Sounds like a plan, then," he said. "Hopefully it's sooner rather than later." He found himself unusually eager for their next date. Certainly it was exciting, but he wasn't sure why it felt different than anyone else he had dated casually before.

Then again, he had never expected his love life to come crashing to a halt due to vampirism before.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Colt nodded in agreement and leaned on Zeke again, happily thinking about what their next date would be like. She almost didn't hear a door open and someone walk into the living room. She only noticed when Vincent stopped in front of them, smiling.
"If I could pull you two apart, I would like to have a word with you, Colt." He said teasingly.
Colt blushed for a moment before letting go of Zeke's hand and nodding. "Sure," she stood up, "what about?"
"Something private," Vincent informed before heading to leave the house.
Looking confused, she glanced back at Zeke, "We'll talk later," she said before fallowing the vampire out of the house. What ever Vincent needed to talk about, it seemed important.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Zeke flushed faintly when Vincent interrupted them, but he just gave a nod and let Colt go. "See ya," he said lightly as the two headed out the door. He wondered what would be so important, but knew it probably wasn't his place to ask. Maybe Colt would tell him later.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 pm

It was strange that Vincent had pulled Colt away so suddenly, but even stranger that the two didn't return that night. Or the next day or the next. The two remained missing for over a week. With in two days of their absence Devon received a very short phone call from a unlisted number from Vincent. He was very short and seemed distracted. He only explained that they were fine and that they had to take care of some things, and to not worry about them. He also added that Ronnie was with them as well, but he didn't think Devon or anyone was going to be all that worried about him missing.
Then no word was received from them. They still hadn't returned when it started to push two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 9:35 pm

Vincent's and Colt's absence quickly wore on Devon as she waited for their return. After the second day, she was ready to mount a search party on her own and look for the two when she received the phone call, which was enough to keep her satisfied for a while. By the end of the first week, she was itching again to search for them, but had no idea where to start. Any scents they might have left would have been long gone, and that was a highly unreliable method of searching for someone, anyway. Devon was left to continue hunting as usual, hoping maybe something would turn up if she waited long enough.

Zeke, likewise, couldn't do much except wait for the small group to return. He was especially antsy about Colt, but he kept it to himself. Vincent was with her, after all--they were probably fine, even if he really wanted to know what was happening.

Plus, he never had actually gotten that second date.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 pm

Drake was worried about the two as well, but he knew there wasn't much to be done. And he knew Colt could defend herself to a point. He had never seen Vincent fight, but if he was related to Villie, and just as old, he was sure the vampire has something up his sleeve.

He decided to distract himself by hunting like he usually did, happy to hunt along side Devon as always. He packed up his guns and ammo before heading out for another night of killing beasties with her.
And the night seemed to go fine, it was a fairly normal night, killing vampires and other demons that prayed on humans in a nearby town. At one point a were wolf even came out for a fight, covered in the blood of it's victims. Drake had no remorse killing it without even thinking.
"First time in a long time that I have gotten to use my silver bullets," Drake smiled, reloading his gun just after the wolf had died, changing back into its human form on it's last breath. It was a young man, a local farmer it seemed. He glanced down at the bullet hole riddled body, "Pity he didn't try to control himself at all."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Devon, on the other hand, crinkled her nose at the body. The stench of silver came too strongly off of it for her comfort, and it covered the scent of any other demons that might be nearby.

"Shame someone couldn't show him how," she added, finally shaking her head and turning away from the corpse. She pulled her coat collar forward, trying to cover her face in the cold night weather, and checked her watch. Dawn wasn't far off. "Such is the life of a demon."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Drake turned to leave with Devon, returning his silver pistol to his side. He walked beside her, silent for a moment before he randomly asked, "does it bother you when I kill werewolves without giving them a second chance?" It was a random question, brought on by a random train of though.
"It doesn't bother me when you kill vampires.... Cause we are hunters, it's what our job is and we aren't supposed to second guess something that is harming humans and attacking us."
As they cleared out away from the body a familiar vampiric smell drifted faintly in the air. Along with blood of another werewolf and a human. Drake almost didn't catch it, but when he did he paused and glanced around the dimly lit town. Walking through town, toward home was two figures, one seeming to carry another.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 am

"I . . . " Devon sighed heavily. "I don't know. On one hand, it is our job to protect humans and anyone else threatened by an out-of-control demon. On the other hand, I don't always know how many of them are doing it on purpose and how many just haven't gotten lucky enough to find someone to teach them to control themselves. My father could teach me, but many of these people don't have that opportunity . . ."

Devon trailed off as she caught the same scent. She looked around until she caught sight of two shadowy figures down the street from which the scent seemed to originate. Curious and suspicious, Devon took a few steps toward them.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:41 am

Drake picked up his pace with Devon, watching the two figures carefully. As they came more into view he squinted lightly.
"Is that Vincent and Ronnie?" He asked, a bit confused.
It was though, and Ronnie was caring Colt who seemed to be asleep comfortably in his arms.
Vincent seemed to notice them at the same time, he smiled and waved at the two.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:55 am

"I think so," Devon said, quickening her pace to catch up to the figures until she could be sure of who it was. As soon as she knew, she let out a heavy breath of relief. "Jesus Christ, where the hell have you all been?" she asked, unable to be properly angry. "I was about to go search for you."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 am

Vincent smiled widely at his two friends, "well ello to you too, love." He teased Devon before answering her question. "We were handling some things that popped up, and I had told you there was nothing to worry about."

Drake looked everyone over. They all seemed fine, but he could smell blood. When he took a step closer he found that it was coming from Colt.
"Nothing to worry about? Then why does Colt smell like blood?" He asked, even though she looked perfectly fine, just tired.

Vincent glanced at Colt, "well I am sorry but I can not discuss what happened. If Colt feels like she would like to tell you later on, then that is her choice. But the matter is only ours to keep as a secret."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:11 am

Vincent smiled widely at his two friends, "well ello to you too, love." He teased Devon before answering her question. "We were handling some things that popped up, and I had told you there was nothing to worry about."

Drake looked everyone over. They all seemed fine, but he could smell blood. When he took a step closer he found that it was coming from Colt.
"Nothing to worry about? Then why does Colt smell like blood?" He asked, even though she looked perfectly fine, just tired.

Vincent glanced at Colt, "well I am sorry but I can not discuss what happened. If Colt feels like she would like to tell you later on, then that is her choice. But the matter is only ours to keep as a secret."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:18 am

Devon rubbed her eyes. "Disappear for two weeks, call me from an unlisted number with a vague promise that everything's fine, don't tell me what's up," she sighed. "Please don't make a habit of doing that. I guess I'll ask Colt about it later and see if she'll tell me what's been going on . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:33 am

Drake crossed his arms, visibly unhappy with the answers they were getting. But then again, he had to respect how respectful Vincent was of Colt's privacy.
Vincent smiled again to Devon, "I'm sure Colt will want to tell someone."

"Can we finish heading home now? My arms are getting tired." Ronnie interrupted.
Vincent nodded, "we should so you can get some rest as well"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:46 am

Devon shook her head. She definitely wanted more answers, but she couldn't force them out of Vincent. "Alright, well, we're pretty much done hunting for the night, so we might as well head back, too," she said, starting back in the direction of home. "Getting a bit tired too, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 4:11 am

"Well good. We can all return home together. I am sure Colt and Zeke will be happy to see each other." Vincent smiled warmly. He was pretty tired too, and it seemed like he hadn't eaten lately, and that was never a good thing. But he seemed like he could last a little while longer.
Drake turned around to lead the way, wondering where they could have been and what they could have been doing.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 am

Devon fell into step with Vincent, watching him warily. There was no scent of blood on him, aside from the lingering smell from Colt, and exhaustion tinged every movement. How long had it been since he'd last fed? She wanted to ask, but refrained--Vincent was capable of caring for himself, perhaps more so than half of the company Devon kept.

"Are you sure everything's fine?" she asked lowly. "I know you're respecting Colt, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm worried. Why did the two of you need to go with her for whatever this was? Why wouldn't she come to someone she knew more?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:12 pm

"Everything is fine now," Vincent nodded again to try and reassure Devon. But he knew she wouldn't feel like it was until she knew what had happened. But it just simply wasn't something Vincent would talk about. It was pretty personal to Colt.
"And Ronnie and I are with her because she didn't even know at first. It was something I could..." Vincent trailed off as if he was saying too much. "Well I could just tell.. And I confronted her about it."

Ronnie gave Vincent a short glare, making the vampire quickly look toward the ground, a little ashamed that he had said so much.

"You could 'tell'?" Drake asked, raising a suspicious brow.

"I am sorry but I can not say more..." He sighed lightly, losing his good natured smile.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Devon sighed in aggravation. "Fine," she said shortly, frustrated with the situation but unable to be too angry with Vincent. As much as she wanted to know, if it was that personal to Colt, Devon had to at least respect Vincent's desire to keep it low-key. Still, it was enough to make her angry and panicked at once. She swallowed the emotions and shoved her hands in her pockets for the walk home.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:47 pm

The walk home was nearly silent the rest of the way. As they entered the house Ronnie moved silently, kicking Colt's bedroom door open with his foot and taking her into it. He laid her down on her bed and then quickly left the room, and shutting himself in the room he shared with Vincent. He was so anti-social.

Vincent tiredly plopped himself down onto the couch, "she's actually been asleep longer then I thought she would be," he mentioned casually.

"Should we worry?" Drake asked, taking off his coat and tossing it over the side of a chair.

"I don't think so," Vincent shook his head, glancing toward the room where Ronnie had gone. He wondered if something was bugging him, the human always seemed so much more angry when he was around the others.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:53 pm

"If you're sure," Devon said. her voice lacking real conviction as she slipped her jacket off her shoulders but not her arms, seeming to lose interest in dressing down as she sat down on the arm of the couch instead. She glanced first in Ronnie's direction, then at Colt's door, more interested in her ill friend than the moody human boy.

Hearing the door open, Zeke was out of the bathroom faster than he normally moved. Breathless, he looked between everyone, his gaze finally settling on Vincent. "You're back," he said.

"Colt's fine," Devon said idly. "Quit panicking. Have you fed today?"

Zeke waved his hand at her. "I just wanted to be sure she was, if they came back . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Vincent smiled at the young vampire, "she is fine, resting in her room. Terribly sorry that it took much longer then I thought it would." He thought it was really quiet... adorable... that Zeke and Colt had a romance.

When Devon bugged Zeke about feeding, much like a mother, he remembered that it had been longer then usual since he had fed. And since it had been, he pushed himself back up to a stand, fixing his jacket.
"I suppose now that Colt is home I should probably take care of myself," he smiled, his fangs longer then usual due to the hunger. But Vincent was well in control. He was much wiser then to just let himself lose control like a monster. He tried to think he was far from a monster like other vampires. That was one of the reasons he held on so tightly to his sophistication. It would have been all to easy to change with the times, as the world around him had changed.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:08 pm

"Probably a good idea," Devon agreed, while Zeke looked put-upon for his worries being dismissed. "Are you good to go by yourself, or will your moody boyfriend stop sulking long enough to go with you?"

Zeke gave her an annoyed look, and she shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Vincent chuckled lightly, "I will be fine on my own. He comes along for company and to get out of the house, not because I need him to" He glanced at Drake, who had moved off into the kitchen, "I don't think Ronnie will want to accompany me, but I would love to conversation if you would like to instead. I mean, if it would not bother you that I still feed off humans."
He didn't want to make Devon uncomfortable, and he couldn't remember if he had ever told her that little fact.

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Devon laughed quietly. "I'd figured that out awhile ago," she said, tapping the side of her nose as she stood off the arm of the couch. "Kind of hard to miss. No scent of death with you, though, and I really can't imagine you killing someone every other day." She frowned and added, "Though I would like to know why you do that, if I'm going with you."

Zeke made a slight face. He couldn't imagine feeding off humans. Blood packets were nauseating enough.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 pm

"No, I wouldn't kill some one unless I truly had to," Vincent confirmed, heading toward the door. "The reason I feed off humans is fairly simple, because I can without killing, without turning or leaving a mark on them. And if the blood is stale, like in blood packs, my body violently rejects it." He explained calmly as he headed out with the werewolf, happy to explain.
"And to a aged vampire like myself each type of person and their health make their blood taste different. Blood packs taste like a really bad tofu," He chuckled, making a dramatically sickened face.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:20 pm

Devon laughed quietly. "I see," she said, her shoulders visibly relaxing. She hadn't realized how tense the idea of Vincent harming or killing humans made her--she hadn't known him long, but the idea of having to kill him if he did either of those things made her more uneasy than she expected. "I suppose that's fair. Glad I can sustain myself on coffee and jerky, then . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 pm

"It is funny that you say that because there is actually a type of European werewolf that has to dine on raw meat to live," He said, holding up a finger as if a the thought had just come to him suddenly.
"You should be even more thankful then you think," he tended to smile even more when he was around Devon, speacially when they held interesting conversations.

A few moments after Devon and Vincent left the house again Colt moved in her room, walking over to the doorway and leaning on it tiredly. She blinked rapidly, realizing that she was home and sighed to herself. She was glad to finally be home. Her throat was dry, but walking across the house to get water sounded like too much work.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:43 pm

"I'd heard of creatures like that, but I'd never done any research into that," Devon agreed mildly, unzipping her coat in favor of enjoying the cool evening air. "God forbid I were that kind, then. It'd make my job just a little bit harder." She scratched unconsciously at the burns just under her left ear--half of the reason that she got into hunting in the first place, only a few square inches visible of the red marks that covered that side of her body. "Not that killing werewolves isn't difficult as is. I was probably one step away from being like them when I was younger . . ."

Zeke had slouched on the couch, resigned to not knowing what had happened, after Devon and Vincent left. The sound of Colt's door opening immediately grabbed his attention and he was half-standing before he even saw her.

"You're awake," he stated dumbly when no other words came to mind.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:43 pm

"I can understand," Vincent said softly, "many years ago, only a few years after I was able to gain full control of myself and my vampiric instincts, I was offered a job much like what you do. It was hunting, but in a more sophisticated kind of way. Someone could call it assassinating instead of hunting. And it was only to kill vampires. But I'm not a fighter or a killer. Ronnie always said it went against my nature." He paused to think, "but I have killed a vampire before, I am capable, I just... Don't like to kill someone because they have been plagued with something they didn't ask for and don't have a chance to control. Even to this day only the very strong willed can control themselves as a vampire or a werewolf and usually only when they are taught how... Even I was taught..." He trailed off, looking at the ground as they walked as if he was remembering something. And it made him sad to remember.

Colt smiled up at Zeke, "good to see you too," she giggled. He was so cute. She was still tired and a bit pale faced, but seemed alright otherwise. She pushed herself off her doorway where she was leaning and walked over to sit on the couch, still waking up a little.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Devon nodded quietly. Vincent had just put into words what she was struggling with earlier that evening and couldn't express with Drake. Drake was the only one who knew she had killed the first night she turned--it was something she would never admit to anyone else if it could be helped. She knew the kind of struggle that a new werewolf had, and watching Zeke gave her some experience with a newborn vampire. But what else could she do?

"It's unfortunate," she agreed at last. "I was taught as well, eventually, by my dad, but not everyone gets that chance . . ."

Zeke laughed quietly and stood immediate, watching Colt as she seemed unsteady on her feet. "I was worried," he admitted, catching her gently by the arms. "Well, everyone was, really."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:43 pm

Vincent nodded in agreement, "I would like to hear more about your family sometime if you wouldn't mind telling." He lifted a hand to push back his bangs that had fallen more into his vision. "I worry for young Zeke. He... Doesn't seem very strong willed to put it rather bluntly. And I know from experience Colt has moments of weakness. But Drake seems to have everything under control."

Colt was grateful for Zeke's help as she walked across the living room and sat down.
"That's sweet, but you really didn't have anything to worry about. I was with Vincent and Ronnie after all." She smiled weakly to Zeke though her messy bangs. "I'm fine."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 3:51 pm

"Zeke's managing, though. It doesn't help he has a fear of blood, but he's getting there." Mimicking Vincent, Devon ran a hand back through her bangs, letting them flop back in her eyes. "He hasn't had a particularly bad lapse yet, and he's pretty good about downing a packet every few days or so, so I'm hoping he'll just sort of settle into it eventually. Thankfully the other two function."

She smirked a little and added, "And as for my family, they're not that interesting."

"I know, but nobody knew where you went. Devon got all angry when Vincent called and still didn't say what you were doing, even." Zeke sat back on the couch, sitting on the edge of the cushion so he could sit up and talk to Colt. "Still, I'm glad you're okay."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Vincent smiled again, "I think they sound rather interesting actually. You said your father taught you, I assume that means he was a werewolf as well?" He had never heard of a family of werewolves. Not biologically anyway.

"So Vincent didn't tell anyone?" Colt asked as if she had expected him to. She let out a sigh. That meant that she was going to have to tell them. She was sure if she really wanted to keep it a secret that she could tell everyone she didn't want to talk about it. But truth was, she hated keeping secrets, and it was hard to keep something like this bottled up. But then again, it was pretty personal. But then again, it could have effected everyone in the group. She was very unsure.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Devon blew out a sigh. "Yeah, he was," she said. "I'm . . . adopted, actually, I don't know my actual parents but I assume they were pretty human. Dad was a werewolf and Mom wasn't, but she knew about it. They wanted to take a crack at raising a kid, but they didn't dare have one biologically because Dad had no idea what would happen, so they adopted me when I was ten." She shrugged. "They did a pretty good job of keeping it from me for awhile."

"No. I guess he said it was private, so he didn't want to say anything," Zeke said. He fidgeted a bit. "So no, nobody knows what happened. If you don't mind me asking, though . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm

"Ohhh, I see." Vincent said, "I had assumed they were your biological parents. I was going to ask you a million questions into that because I have never heard of it happening. Most werewolves don't ever have children because few werewolves retain the want to. A few vampires have tried, but because we are technically dead, female vampires can not bare children. But, males can still.. Uh.. Produce children with humans and very rarely other demons or such. But that is all I really know. If you were to ever ask my brother he knows much more about it then I. But... More in a sick and twisted sort of way..." Vincent rambled a bit as if he found it slightly interesting but also very awkward. He blushed lightly and looked away from Devon. Then he tried to change the subject, "did you know I actually have a daughter?"

"I don't mind you asking if you don't mind me telling..." Colt laughed nervously, "cause it is still weird to talk about.." She looked away from Zeke, "well... I can just put it bluntly and get it out there... Vincent noticed it by smell before I ever had. But it was the reasoning behind my weird illness." She paused again, "I was... well.. I was pregnant.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 pm

"Yeah, Dad was--ah--the one who bit me," Devon said before shaking her head to ignore it entirely. She often saying that because most people assumed her father should be dead for it when it was an accident. "But anyway--no, um, I didn't know that. You didn't really strike me as one to have kids."

Zeke blinked a few times. Opened his mouth to speak, stopped, made a face when he couldn't figure out what to say.

"Was?" he eventually managed lightly.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:02 pm

"Well actually had a daughter I should properly say. She died when she was 20 in a automobile accident. That was many years ago though.." Vincent further explained, "she was human just like her mother." Then he decided to turn the subject back to her, "your father? That sounds awkward. Probably the way you found out about him I suppose?"

"Yes was." Colt nodded lightly finally looking back up at Zeke's face. "I got an abortion. It was Villie's, so that alone gave me enough reason. Plus I'm too young to be having kids and I could never raise a child when I'm a blood thirsty animal... Plus, Vincent said it could kill me since it could have been a mix of species.." She looked back down, "Vincent said that was all Villie really wanted me for... And that if a miracle happened and it lived he would have taken it and raised it to be evil."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 12:43 am

Devon bit the inside of her lip before answering, swallowing back the sympathetic "I'm sorry" she was going to give before Vincent turned the conversation back to her. It seemed they couldn't even carry a proper conversation, leaving them with an awkward, jilted back-and-forth attempt at talking like normal adults.

"Yeah," she said eventually before clearing her throat. "Yeah, normally my parents sent me out to a friend's or went on a 'date' or something during full moons so I wouldn't know, but that night my friend got sick, so I walked home without them knowing." She laughed wryly. "Don't know why his tranqs didn't work like they were supposed to, but I walked into the house to a giant ginger wolf in the living room, which then bit me. It's pretty hard to keep a secret after that."

"I . . . see." For once, Zeke had no real words to say. What were you supposed to say when your love interest told you she disappeared for two weeks because she was pregnant with a demon child and getting an abortion to save herself?

"Well, for what it's worth, I'm sorry." He laughed dryly, nervously. "Villie's a piece of work, isn't he . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:22 pm

"Well at least your father made up for it by teaching you. And I wouldn't say becoming a werewolf was all a bad thing. Colt has always told me it was the best thing that had ever happened to her. And if you were not a werewolf, then I would have never met you..." Vincent trailed off, looking away from Devon to hide a slight blush on his cheeks. They had been walking for sometime now, deeper into the city.
Vincent stopped then, falling silent as if he heard something. A young woman walked down the street a block a head of them and turned down a dark alley for a short cut home. "Excuse me," he smiled to Devon before quietly walking after the girl.

"Yeah he is..." Colt nodded. She tried to clear her dry throat but it just hurt. Although getting the words out was easy, this conversation still left her heart beating faster then normal and a sickened feeling in her gut. "The worst part is that I am terrified of doctors and hospitals... So even though I wanted an abortion Vincent had to knock me out to get me into a hospital..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Devon nodded and casually went to sit on a bench outside a store that had been closed for hours. She fiddled with her cell phone a bit, trying to not look suspicious or think too hard about her friend pouncing a random woman in an alleyway or the fact she was ninety-percent sure Vincent had blushed a bit before looking away.

Zeke swallowed hard, not knowing what to say. He wished he could have been there. He was not overly fond of hospitals or any of the messy details that likely littered Colt's story, but he wished he could have helped her get through it instead of staying at home, panicking uselessly. Unsure of what else he could do, he scooted closer to colt and pulled her into a tight embrace.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

About 5 silent minutes passed before Vincent rounded the corner back toward Devon, looking refreshed and not as pale. Though his cold skin was always a bit more pale then anyone elses. He smiled and stopped in front of Devon, "ready to head home?"

Colt didn't expect to be hugged at that moment, but she was happy to return it. She rested her head on Zeke's shoulder, relaxing into his embrace, and closed her eyes. She felt so calm and safe and happy when he hugged her tightly. She couldn't understand how one simple hug could make her feel so good. But she was sure that she wanted to just stay in his hug forever. But, she was going to have to talk to Devon about what happened sooner or later. It wasn't a conversation that she was looking forward too. It seemed like the poor girl was just barely able to move on over what Villie had done to her. She hated to add on the fact- oh by the way you should probably take a pregnancy test... But then again, it had been happening to Colt for nearly a year before she got pregnant.. Maybe that was also why it was so easy for her to let it go. If something horrible happens often enough you just simply become numb to it...
As she thought she tightened her arms around Zeke's ribs.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:45 pm

Devon stood and pocketed her phone, which really wasn't as interesting as it could be. Her thoughts were elsewhere, anyway.

Zeke absently pressed a kiss to the side of Colt's head, waiting. This was the most he could do now, after two weeks of sitting around uselessly and pestering Devon and Drake to do something when they couldn't.

"I'm just glad you're okay," he eventually sighed. "And it's done with, for now."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:01 pm

"Is there something wrong?" Vincent asked when Devon didn't say anything to him. "I'm sorry if how I feed bothers you I really had hoped that after I explained it that it would not bother you," he was quick to assume it was him that had bothered Devon. He was too gentlemanly to not.

Colt opened her eyes when Zeke kissed the side of her head and couldn't help but smile and blush lightly. His hug was comforting and calming but his kiss made her heart flutter and quickly made her unsure of what do it. She pulled away slowly after he spoke, her blush fading now. Just as she was about to open her mouth to say something Drake appeared from his room and quickly headed for the front door, not bothering to grab his jacket that held his weapons. He barely glanced at the two, seeming to have something on his mind. And before Colt could question him, he left the house, slamming the door behind him.
Colt flinched lightly when the door slammed, "whats up with Drake?" She wondered out loud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: