Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Demon      - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:56 pm

"Well, you can get something to eat. I can stand around and look sort of forlorn," Zeke said with a laugh. "I do miss proper food. But yeah, we can stop somewhere instead of wandering around stupidly."

"I would let you, Vincent, except you're not going to be much help tying up your own shoulder," Devon pointed out with a faint attempt at a smirk. She took her hand back and worked quickly with the bandages, wrapping them with practiced swiftness around his shoulder and arm.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:51 pm

"Oh right," Colt laughed nervously, "I forget a lot since you don't... Well you don't act like a vampire. Not the ones I'm used to anyway." She turned to head into town where there was a burger place that she really liked.

Vincent paused but then reached up for Devon's hand again, more quickly and convicted. He pulled her hurt arm over and moved her sleeve out of the way of the cut. Without speaking he held her still with his hurt arm and reached back to his wound with his good arm. he touched some of his blood with his finger tips and brought his hand back to her wound, touching his blood to her cuts. After a short second of burning the cuts healed quickly, leaving no trace but blood that it was ever there.
This was all after she finished up on his own wound. Once she was healed he let her go again and looked away sadly, giving Ronnie a short glance.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Zeke laughed again. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, letting Colt take the lead to wherever it was they were going. "Is it because I'm not scary enough? I can try to be."

Devon winced at the burning feeling, and when Vincent was done, she took back her arm and turned it over, looking for some sign of injury. Other than a mix of wet and drying blood smeared and streaming on her skin, there was none.

"That's a neat trick," she said approvingly, then blew out a heavy breath. "Well, since we're patched up, up you get." She took Vincent under the arm to help him to his feet.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Colt laughed out loud, "you couldn't be scary if you tried," she teased. "you couldn't hurt a fly." This was a nice turn of mood for her. She was happy to have it.

Vincent helped bring himself to a stand but kept his gaze low. "I can't heal bones or anything I didn't inflict sadly.." He mumbled, glancing at Ronnie again.
"Don't worry about it, I'll be fine as long as you will be too.." He said firmly, helping Vincent steady himself with his good hand. "I guess it's time to go on another practice hunt."
Vincent nodded tiredly, "I am very so-"
"Just don't," Ronnie cut him off, "I'm fine."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 pm

"Yeah, you're right." Zeke pretended to be disappointed, but he honestly was glad that he didn't come across as particularly frightening. Personal experience taught him that vampires could be perfectly civil, of course, but his new life was difficult enough without accidentally scaring small children.

"More worried about you," Devon said idly, scrubbing her arm on her pant leg again. She would need to wash it properly, but until then, her jeans would suffice. "Ignoring the knife wound, you'll be alright, right?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:36 pm

"I could teach you how to fight? Just for defensive purposes, I mean I was a hunter too. Been kinda thinking about taking it back up. I have been bottling up my wolf side too much." Colt offered lightly. She mostly offered because she would hate for something to happen to him and he not be able to defend himself. She wasn't sure if he could fight, she had never seen him fight. And with him being with this group he was bound to get into trouble, it always had a way of finding them.

Vincent nodded lightly. "I just let myself go, need to use some of my powers and let it out a bit.." He fumbled around his words a little, as if he was afraid to say anything to just make it worse.
"Well let your wound heal and we will go do that, maybe Devon could help since I have one bum arm.." Ronnie said, glancing up at Devon.
"It has been a long time since I have chased a wolf," Vincent agreed, "if you do not mind Devon."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 9:46 pm

Zeke was quiet for a minute, thinking. Out of all the others, he was the most defenseless, and he knew it. All the others had some form of fighting experience, and Drake and Devon kept weapons to back them up, but he wasn't certain he could even throw a proper punch.

"Maybe," he said. "It might be better to learn at least a bit. Can't rely on everyone else to take care of me all the time."

Devon frowned, uncertain what they were talking about. When it clicked, she just gave a smile. "Sure," she said. "I generally make it my policy to be the hunter rather than the other way around, but I'll let it slide one night."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:11 pm

Colt kept a light smile, "I don't want to see you get hurt," she added softly. "Devon could probably teach you better then I could, or even Drake since he's a vampire too, but you can do whatever you want."

"I will not hurt you, I can promise that," Vincent said firmly, "not ever again." He ran a hand through his bangs, straightening them. He looked back up at Ronnie, "you explain and I will go get ready please." The human nodded and he carefully walked back into the bedroom, seeming to feel a little better.

Once he was gone Ronnie sighed, "you are going to see a different side of Vincent, one his brother would love to see all the time. And I'm sure you will be fine, but I wanted to warn you. Basically it will be like a game of tag. He will give you a head start and you can run to the forest, the city or where ever you want. Hide if you want. Just do everything you can to get away. If he catches you then it will be your turn to chase. Basically it's a way to heighten his powers, and be able to use them the way they are meant to. And it brings out a lot of vampire instincts, so... He will be different like I said." Ronnie paused for a moment, "but he will be able to control himself, so don't be scared of that."

((Basically I imagine this long epic chase scene and then Vincent talking Devon or them running into each other just some how both of them falling into the ground, and then Vincent ends up over her, and kisses her. cause cause... FLUFF AND DRAMA THATS WHY.))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:19 pm

((I imagined that too. Like after they've done this a few times and it's sort of fun as well as necessary . . . GODDAMN we have issues))

"I suppose I can ask them. Not that I'm really eager to handle a gun or anything . . . " The very thought of it made Zeke uneasy. He supposed it was a necessary evil, given who he lived with and their professions, but he would still rather avoid it if he could.

Devon nodded. "Seems simple enough," she said, her mind already turning over her options. The city was out--she didn't want to risk exposing any humans to a large brunette wolf sprinting in the streets, being chased by what would look like a deranged man in Victorian wear. The roads let out toward the country, though, where it gave way to forest and she could probably hide as well as have plenty of space to run. That would do.

If only she could take her motorcycle, but it simply was not made for anything but the road.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:33 pm

((yeah I would have done it sooner, but I would make sense to happen a few times from now. XD I just like jumping the gun. And also, I dunno how well I would be able to rp this thing, I can describe it later, but i dunno about actually rping it.... So I'm gunna do a time skip over this time. I'm sure you get the idea of what happens though.))

"I don't think you should learn weapons that fast, cause if you learn to rely on that weapon and you lose it in a fight, you have nothing..." Colt explained softly as they came up to a small family owned dinner. "I have never been good with guns, actually shot Zack when I tried guns. I can use knifes, but I am better with just my wolf form."

Vincent came out a moment later, with new clothes and his hair fixed. Is outfit was much more simple then usual. He had boot, black fancy pants and a buttoned blouse, tucked neatly into his pants. But he left the top three buttons undone as if really didn't care right then.
"You're shoulder alright?" Ronnie asked.
"Just fine now."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:51 pm

((Works for me.))

"True," Zeke agreed, moving forward so he could open the door to the diner for Colt. "I'll ask and see what they say, then, unless you know anything better. I have no idea about any of this." He laughed nervously.

Devon went for her coat and her guns and came back out, pulling her jacket on as she went. She glanced over Vincent--her gaze lingering for the smallest fraction of a second at the skin under the undone buttons--before clearing her throat. "Ready then?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:10 pm

"I only know hand to hand fighting," Colt said as she walked down the dinner and sat at the table furthest from the door. There was only one other person eating there, a shady looking fellow who had barely touched his food. And there was only one waitress and one cook at this time of night.

"Yes, would you like to just start here? You will get a 3 minute head start," Vincent asked,looking over at Devon. His mood was still pretty solemn but he knew he would feel a lot better after this exercise was over. But he could still not apologize enough. His eyes still had a underlining glow of red in them.
Ronnie moved away from the two to tend to arm.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 pm

"Still, it might be something to start with," Zeke said as they took their seats. He glanced at the other three occupants of the diner, thinking little of them. "We'll figure it out."

"Works for me," Devon said, already moving to the door. Once outside, she changed to her wolf form and gave a shake, ruffling out her fur. After shifting on her paws, testing her body, she sprinted off down the dirt road and turned sharply away, running for a copse of trees.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Colt smiled and ordered a bit of food when the waitress came by, "well we can get started whenever you want." She thought she smelt wet dog when they came into the dinner, but she ignored it, thinking ti was just a random smell hooked to someone there.

Vincent closed his eyes and waited for Devon to have the three minute head start and then left the house, vanishing into the darkness and fallowing her scent.

((welp thats pretty much it for Vincent right now. But I have other things))
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am

Zeke nodded and sipped idly at a glass of water--not that he was very thirsty, but he wanted to at least pretend that he belonged in the diner.

((Alright. I have nothing.))
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:08 am

((YOUR. REPLY. WAS. THE. BEST. REPLY. EVER.))

Colt sat and talked with Zeke until her food came, around then the hooded guy left the diner. She finished her food quickly to make it less awkward for Zeke and also because she had a wanted to get away from the waitress who was smiling at Zeke all too much and being way too nice.

Once she was done they got and up and left, and colt left some money on the table. They headed outside into the darkness, "you think they are all calm by now?" She wondered as they headed toward home.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 am

((Shut up. =3= I'm aware it was shit.))

"Have to be by now," Zeke said with a shrug. "We've been out for at least an hour and a half. If they're not done fighting or whatever by now, then I'm pretty sure we should just consider finding somewhere else to live." He cast a cautious glance around, feeling a little on edge from the strange man in the diner. It was likely nothing, but some instinct told him to be careful, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:22 am

Colt laughed lightly, "you are probably right." The two of them walked down the street for a while before turning down a dirt path that was a short cut home.
After a moment Colt picked up on the scent of wet dog again, but this time it was much stronger. She glanced around as they walked, "weird.." She mumbled. She couldn't tell if the smell was fallowing them or not, she was out of practice. "I think someon-" before she could finished her sentence a large black wolf moved out of the bushes in front of them. The wolfs fur was ratty and unkept, it was larger then Colt's wolf form and covered in small wounds.
Colt froze when she saw the wolf instantly knowing it was not a sane werewolf. Saliva and blood from a victim dripped from it's mouth. It growled at them, only seeing the two as it's next meal.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:26 am

Zeke froze as well, startled by the sight. The only wolves he had seen before were Devon and Colt, both of whom were nothing like this--smaller and very obviously in control of themselves.

He inhaled a sharp breath and grabbed Colt's arm, turning them both around. "Run!" was all he could shout, pulling her with him as he tried to sprint away.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:37 am

Zeke didn't even have to tell Colt, she started running just as fast as he did. And the wolf instantly gave chase. She glanced back to see it catching up quickly.
"We aren't going to out run it!" She shouted as she ran. She glanced back again to see the wolf jump. She grabbed onto Zeke and yanked both of them to the side so it would miss them. They tumbled into the bushes and she quickly jumped up, "do you have anything that is silver on you?" She whispered quickly as she got back up, not bothering to dust herself off.
The wolf looked confused when it didn't land on them. It quickly recovered and ran toward them again.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:41 am

Zeke stumbled into the bushes with Colt, wincing as a branch cut open his cheek. At her inquiry, he patted down his pockets, but he had nothing. He didn't wear jewelry and had no other reason to carry silver on him.

"Nothing," he whispered back hurriedly. "So what now?" He fervently wished someone would show up, though the likelihood of that seemed slim.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:48 am

Colt rushed to find a solution, but could only think of one. "Run home and find Drake and Devon. I will distract it-" she was cut off as they had to start running again. The wolf growled loudly in anger as they were harder to catch then all it's other prey.
The wolf was in a rage and so was slower to respond to their quick turns. And Colt pulled Zeke around a large tree, "I'm faster in my wolf form but I can't leave you behind, and if you get bit your dead..." She whispered once they were stopped and the wolf rushed by the tree they hid behind, stopping quickly to turn around, not far from them.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 12:53 am

"But I can't just leave you here!" Zeke protested fearfully. Logically, he knew Colt had a better chance of surviving this than he did--but that didn't change the fact that he couldn't just leave her behind. Who knew how long it would take him to find someone to help them?

Then again, he was probably slowing her down this way . . .
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:02 am

colt grit her teeth as the wolf came at them again. She quickly changed into her red and black wolf form and ran toward the other wolf. She jumped straight over it's head, flipping over and grabbing it's ear. The force yanked the wolfs head back and it tripped and skid into the ground.
"Come on!" Colt shouted as she stumbled back into her human form and sprinted away from the wolf while it took a moment to get up and shake off the pain.
Colt remembered a lot of tricks, but she was out pf practice and already running out of breath as she ran. This time she ran back toward the city, knowing where she could find a weapon. Maybe silver, maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:05 am

Zeke was helpless to do anything else but follow, fumbling to find something else that he could do to help. Without a weapon, he was useless, and if the werewolf so much as grazed him with a fang, he was dead. Damn it, what were they supposed to do?
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:15 am

Colt lead Zeke back into the city and pushed him down a alley and into a corner, pushing his against the wall and blocking his body with hers. They were silent for a moment as the wolf rushed past again. When it went by Colt let out a breath and looked up at Zeke.
"I can't let it find you..." She breathed. "A scratch might not kill you, but even the tiniest bit of its saliva would..." She pulled away from Zeke, "please stay here," she begged as she backed away from him to leave the alley.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 1:25 am

Zeke tried to protest, but his throat closed around the words and he was silent. Eventually, he nodded his agreement and backed further into the alleyway, trying to hide himself in the darkness. It was the best he could do.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:33 am

Colt changed into her wolf form and quickly ran after the wolf, away from Zeke's view. After a few minutes of silence a yelp filled the night air, it could have been either one of them. Then gun shots fallowed, like there was more then one gun firing. There was a tense moment of silence and then Colt's wolf form slid into view as if she tripped during a sharp turn. She ran back down the alley way toward Zeke, limping on her front paw.
Just as she got to Zeke she changed back into her human form and fell to her knees in pain, holding a thick blade cut on her forearm. She grunted in pain, holding it tighter then she should, the skin around the cut a bit blackened and dying quickly.
"S-Silverr..." She hissed in pain through gritted teeth. The pain made her want to tear her arm off.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:37 am

The minutes Zeke spent waiting in the alley crawled by agonizingly slow. He was contemplating running anyway when the gunshots sounded, and when Colt limped back into the alley with a knife wound, his legs nearly gave and pitched him to the ground.

"Colt! Oh-oh god--" The sight of the blood made his stomach roil with nausea and it was all he could do to swallow it down. He ran to her and took her good arm, slinging it over his shoulder. "No, come on--we have to go find the others, there has to be something they can . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:53 am

"No, Zeke!" Colt protested as she was lifted up again. She had a few other bumps and scratches on her but the cut was the worst one by far. Her vision blurred a little, though the silver was not in her blood or body the way a bullet would be it still made her weak.
"There are hunters, you can't.." She tried to explain, putting her weight into making sure he couldn't move her once they were standing.
"They killed that wolf..." As she continued to try to explain between heaves to catch her breath three figures rounded the corner and into the alley. All of them were dressed darkly and stank like the smell of the things they had been hunting that night. The werewolf that had attacked then was one of their prey. They all three seemed to be human though, but they blocked the way out of the alley with a arsenal of weapons.
"Looks like the mutt has a friend..." The man in the center smirked. In his hand was the blade that had cut Colt.
In the tie before these three random hunter showed up she was able to get to a pay phone and dial Devon's cell number. She had to leave the phone hanging though and hoped their friend would know where to find them...
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:07 am

Zeke stood stock-still, unwilling to twitch so much as a muscle for fear that the hunters would mistake it for aggression and attack. Nervously he licked his lips, feeling nausea and dizziness threatening to overwhelm him. "What do you want?" he asked. "We haven't--we haven't done anything. You can't kill us."

One of the other hunters scoffed openly. "Who said we couldn't?" he asked with a sneer.

---

Meanwhile, Devon received a phone call from Colt that, at first, seemed perfectly timed to ruin everything. Vincent had caught her once and she had found him in return, and now she was on the run again, halfway up a tree closer to town. Not a leaf on the tree rustled from a breeze and every breath she took was painfully slow and deliberate--and her stupid ringtone would be her damnation.

She answered it in a hissed "What? I'm really busy," but received no response. She frowned and was about to dismiss it when she heard a wolfish snarl, followed by a pained yelp, distant but distinct. The game immediately ended.

Devon shoved her phone in her pocket and fell as much as descended from the tree. The bark cut open her palms as she swung down to the forest floor and sprinted, transforming in mid-run.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:24 am

"I was a hu-hunter too once.. My friends.. Zach trained me.." Colt stuttered out, if Zeke hadn't been holding her up she would have been back on the ground.
The man in the center had black hair and a face covered by scars. "Your kind can't be a true hunter, the only thing you are good for is being killed.." He scoffed. It was obvious that these three were from the small society of human hunters that believed anything not human should just die. Not one could ever be good.
Colt struggled to keep herself standing, leaning on Zeke, "we haven't killed anyone.. We j-just want to go home.."
The man grabbed a hand gun from his hip and aimed it straight at Colt. She tense up, closing her eyes tightly as she waited to be shot.
"Save it for when god judges you.." He mumbled, "I don't want to hear it."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:32 am

Zeke cringed and squeezed his eyes shut. There was nothing he could do. Nothing either of them could do.

There was a thump and a groan of pain, then the sound of a body collapsing to the ground. Zeke hesitantly opened his eyes to see a fourth figure at the end of the alley, standing over the unconscious form of the second human who had spoken. Her demeanor was cold as she stood, one pistol pointed at the leader's head. Blood spattered the butt of the other gun at her side.

"Tell me again how I can't be a real hunter," she said with an urging note, as though she truly wanted to hear his reasoning. "And get the fuck away from them."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:49 am

Colt opened her eyes when she heard Devon's familiar voice and relaxed again. Though the humans gun was still pointed at her.
He scowled as he shifted his eyes back to Devon.
"You shoot me and the whole system will be after you.." He threatened, "and either way, I kill the , mutt." He kept his gun aimed firmly at Colt, seeming to not be too afraid of Devon.
The third human that had stepped back when Devon showed up swung a long silver chain riddled with blades at her. If he missed he was smooth and quick enough to strike several more times at her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:56 am

Devon scowled and was forced to duck away from both of the men, dodging the silver chain--who the hell carried that kind of weapon in this day and age, anyway--and backing from the alleyway. The system, hell, decent hunters knew how to duck the system. She wasn't worried about that, though she would like to avoid killing any humans if it could be avoided. As such, she brought her pistol to bear on the hunter attacking her, shooting at his shoulders. Not lethal, but crippling.

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:04 am

As Devon was bringing up her gun to shoot him, the human dodged the bullets at first, and jumped around to get a better shot at Devon. The first guy turned his aim to Devon and shot at her several times, pulling another gun with his free hand.
Just as the second guy tossed the chain back at Devon one last time one of her bullets finally hit, making him cry out in pain and fall to the ground.

Colt's knees gave out under her from the silver and she groaned in pain from it. Nothing had ever hurt more then her arm did from one little cut.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:17 am

The silver chain caught the back of Devon's wrist through her coat and ripped skin and cloth alike. It felt as though fire burned from the wound, spreading to her fingertips and shoulder through every nerve, but she grit her teeth and forced herself to fight through it. A bullet from the leader's gun tore through her coat, too close to the side of her abdomen for comfort, and as soon as the other man went down, Devon brought both of her weapons to bear on the only one left.

Zeke let out a swear and dropped with Colt, wracking his brain for something, anything that could be done. He didn't know how bad her wound would be, but he could smell the silver on it and knew it would get worse if something wasn't done.

"Devon!" he shouted uselessly, trying to get her attention.

Devon only glanced their way, focused on keeping her aim. She didn't care if she killed him now.

Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:37 am

The leader had brought up his second gun to aim one at Zeke and Colt, mostly aiming for Colt, and one aimed at Devon's head. He grit his teeth, the only way he would get out of this alive would be to shoot Devon before she could shoot or to threaten her and scare her into dropping her weapons.
"My bullets are pure liquid silver, developed by scientists in Russia..." he said in a mocking tone. "You can either drop your weapons or shoot me and I will shoot your friend. And she wouldn't die quickly, but there sure as hell wouldn't be anything you can do about it." He paused for a moment. "If you drop your weapons I will take you into custody instead of killing you and you can plead your case to a judge..."

Colt was able to land on her knees and just hunch over into Zeke's arms, opening her eyes just enough to watch Devon. Though her vision was blurry.
The leader decided to just go for it and shoot both of the wolves at once.Just as his finger muscles started to flex to pull the triggers Vincent jumped down from top of a building, landing on the mans back and making him crash to the ground. The guns went off but both were way off target by then. Vincent didn't land very gracefully either, rolling off to the side and having to pick himself back up.
"Found you again," He smiled, seeming pretty much back to his old self again.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:45 am

Devon was only half-listening to the hunter leader. She should be able to get a bullet in him before he so much as pulled the trigger--but he was volatile, obviously didn't care what happened, probably would be shooting before she decided to kill him, but like hell she was going to surrender--

When Vincent dropped from seemingly nowhere, tackled the man to the ground, and calmly got back up with a smile, she could only let out a disbelieving breath of laughter.

"Jesus, Vincent," she said between laughs, bringing one pistol-bearing hand to her forehead. "I totally forgot you were even looking for me. Could you be more ridiculous about it tackling a man or--?"

"Colt's still hurt," Zeke interjected angrily.

Devon shook her head as she moved into the alley, sheathing one gun and pulling a small glass bottle full of clear liquid from her coat. "No, no, I see it--the guy nailed me too, my arm's on fire . . ." She cleared her throat and put on an expression of utmost seriousness as she knelt by Colt.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 am

"I am sorry, but I thought you could use some help when I got here," Vincent smiled, kicking the man he landed on to check if he was alive. He was, barely, and that brought him great relief.

Colt could barely look at Devon as she knelt by her, "I'm so tired..." She mumbled. Colt had never been hit by silver before in anyway. Zach had only describe how painful it was, but he failed to mention how it would drain your energy and so quickly.
"I... How.." She had to stop talking and focus on breathing normally.

Vincent moved over behind Devon, "will you two be alright?" he voice was concerned and so much more Vincent-like again.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 am

"I . . . I think so," Zeke said reluctantly, pointedly looking away and at the ground as Devon came over. Everyone around him seemed to be bleeding, but at least they would all live. It seemed certain he and Colt were going to die, and Devon as well . . . Dear God, but he just wanted to go home and forget about everything that had happened tonight.

"Relax," Devon murmured, taking Colt's arm gently in one hand and working the screw cap off the bottle with the other. "It stings like a bitch, but it'll heal eventually." She carefully dripped the majority of the bottle's contents over Colt's injury. The liquid brought an instant feeling of relief, an icy cold countering the silver's burn. When she was done, she poured what remained of the serum over her gashed wrist. "We'll bandage it up and treat it again when we get home."

She sighed and stood, pocketing the empty bottle and pulling off her jacket. "Wish I could fix my coat that easy, too," she said wistfully. "Bullet hole and a torn sleeve, think this one's done for. Asshole." She cast a halfhearted glare at the man on the ground, then went to take his weapons as a precautionary measure.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:17 am

Colt watched Devon pour a strange liquid on her wound, expecting it to hurt like peroxide but she completely relaxed into Zeke as relief his her. It was quick to work its way up her arm and she let out a tired sigh.
"I can fix it," Vincent offered Devon, "I have picked up quite a few traits over the years and sewing is one I am rather proud of." He smirked lightly. "But of course we should get home first."

After resting against Zeke for a calm and pain free moment she got back a little of her energy and moved to stand up with his help, just wanting to get home. "How's your stomach?" She murmured to him in concern, trying to hide her blood from his sight.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 am

"It's been better," Zeke said between grit teeth, but he didn't hesitate in helping Colt stand and letting her lean against him. "I'll live. Home's not that far and everything will get cleaned up. I'll just not think about it." He tried to shake off the shame he felt in it. He was a vampire now and still couldn't handle a cut. One of many things he would have to fix.

Devon popped the magazines out of the hunter's pistols and emptied the bullets into her coat pocket. The caliber was different from the bullets she used, so they were of no practical use to her, but they were worth looking at. "I'll take you up on that, then," she said to Vincent. "Payment for chasing me around a forest for an hour." She watched Colt warily, making sure she could move well, before leading the way back toward home.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 am

"I'm sorry.." Colt mumbled as they walked. She couldn't imagine how tormenting blood was for a vampire, even one that could easily control them selves. Then to add hemophobia on top of it, it had to have been horrible. Colt smiled just a bit though,"hey, I said I wouldn't let you get hurt," she teased very lightly as she walked along with him.

"Oh come now, I know you had a little fun, I saw you smile a few times," Vincent insisted, "it is good for you."

Last edited by Almost Easy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 5:43 am

Zeke smiled grimly. "I don't think you're supposed to almost get yourself killed too, though," he pointed out. "That's not really how it works."

"Never said it wasn't," Devon replied with a smirk, folding up her coat carefully to make sure the pocket with the silver-loaded bullets was tucked under several layers of cloth and completely away from her skin. "It was . . . an interesting exercise."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:10 am

"Well whatever keeps you safe," Colt laughed tiredly.
"That is probably the best way I have heard it described, Ronnie is not all that fond of the exercise. And he was not nearly as fun to chase as you," Vincent joked happily.

It didn't take them long to get home and once they were home Colt had Zeke just take her into her room to lay down. If she went to the couch she was concerned that she wouldn't be able to get back up again any time soon.

Vincent went to check on Ronnie and changed his dirty clothes.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 am

Devon dumped her coat on the table and immediately went to find the first-aid kit--again--and tied a bandage around her wrist, foregoing any extra treatment for the silver. She took the supplies into Colt's room, knowing the other young woman's injury was considerably worse than her own.

Zeke, after making sure Colt was situated, excused himself to the bathroom to scrub his hands raw, forcefully washing the smears of blood from his skin. He didn't come back out for ten minutes after he finished.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:27 am

While the boys were gone Colt carefully took off her coat and shirt, having a lose tank top underneath. She made sure to take off any clothes that had blood on them, changing into her tank top and shorts. She finished up and sat back down on her bed just in time for Devon to come in. She held her arm out for Devon and tiredly rubbed her eyes with her free hand.
"I'm sorry we got into trouble.. We just went out to get some food and on the way home this wolf attacked us.." She explained, still tired but not nearly as bad off. "I was trying to get it away from Zeke and those hunters showed up.."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:34 am

"It's not your fault," Devon said, dabbing a cotton ball with more cold liquid from a larger glass bottle in the kit. She swiped it over Colt's wound gingerly, paying special attention now that her life was no longer in danger. "Those men were insane. I hate finding hunters like them. We do our work because we're trying to keep peace between the two sides, not because we're superior." Devon shook her head and made a disgusted sound as she reached for a fresh roll of bandages to wrap Colt's arm. "Anyway, this'll take a few days to heal, and it'll probably hurt, but you'll live. Keep an eye on it. I'm sure you know that."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:41 am

"I'm actually really bad with wounds, everyone has always taken care of mine for me. But I'm not going to let it get infected or anything like that," Colt nodded lightly, "I have a general distaste for human hunters because they can not smell if some one like us had killed any humans or not..." She glanced out toward the living room, hoping Zeke was doing alright.
"So is Vincent okay?" She finally asked at length when Devon finished up and was gathering her supplies to leave. "I mean, I was trying not to listen, but it worries me.. I didn't know he could ever get like that.." She took her arm and held it close to her body, as if that was going to help it or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: