Completely Useless Information
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay, roleplay everywhere.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

Demon      - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 am

Two days later, the group found a suitable, out-of-the-way house far enough from a city to avoid attracting attention. The end of the trip was an immense relief, and everyone looked forward to getting proper rest and being able to stretch their legs for more than fifteen minutes at a time.

Devon especially looked forward to sitting down and doing nothing. When they finally found a motel and slept through the day on their second day on the run, she had read the letters from Drake and been disheartened by their contents. She was grateful to hear that Drake was alive, but the implications of his news were more than concerning. She was convinced Thanos was somehow connected to the disturbances in the demon realm, but she had no way of knowing, and for now could do nothing else.

Once everything was moved into the house, she collapsed on the sofa, closed her eyes, and refused to move. Her sleep had been sporadic at best, and between that and everything going on, she was surprised she still functioned in any capacity.

Zeke couldn't help a small laugh at seeing their unofficial leader unceremoniously drop. "It has been a long few days," he observed.
Back to top Go down
https://comuseinfo.forumotion.com
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 am

Colt fallowed in behind Zeke tiredly, dragging her feet a bit. She hadn't been able to sleep well since they left. She felt like she should keep a eye open for Villie at all times. She was probably just being paranoid though.
"Oh man laying down sounds so amazing," she mumbled, looking at Devon.

Vincent was like wise just as tired, but even more thirsty. He hadn't had any time to find a source of blood so he vanished as soon as they got to the house, leaving Ronnie behind as well.

Ronnie just started unpacking the truck, feeling pretty well off since Colt had been driving a lot.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 am

"By all means," Devon mumbled to Colt. "Now that we're here, I have no desire to do much of anything, either." She lifted her head to look at everyone in the house, noting Vincent's absence. She hoped he would be alright. She felt awful that there was nothing she could do to help during the last few days.

"So do you think we'll be alright here?" Zeke asked, pushing aside a box without actually bothering to open it. "I haven't really seen the news the last couple of days . . ."

"I don't know," Devon said. "I hope so. I don't want to do that again."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:24 am

Colt thought momentarily about flopping down onto Devon but then thought it was better. She was thankful, though, that they always found a furnished home.
"Which room is mine then?" She asked, glancing over to the hallway where it led to the bedrooms. This house was a little more dingy then the last one, but it didn't bother Colt.

"I call the biggest one since I have to share with a prissy vampire," Ronnie interjected while he was bringing in boxes. He quickly left to grab another one though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:31 am

"How truly awful it must be to share a room with a gentleman," Devon said, only able to muster half of her usual sarcasm. "Speaking of, is he alright? I know he's been waiting a couple days to . . ." She lifted her head, saw Ronnie had already left, and groaned. "Fine."

"And what about Drake?" Zeke inquired, sitting on the couch. "Will he find us okay?"

"I don't know," Devon moaned. "Please, Zeke, I know you're worried, but I've been thinking about this shit for days."

"Sorry," he said meekly. He got up to go unload boxes, figuring that would be more useful than accidentally antagonizing Devon.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:35 am

Ronnie came back into the house and dropped another box off. "Vincent will be fine. I'm sure he will be back in a couple hours," he answered her question. He had heard her as he walked out of the house. "He's been worse off before and has been fine."

Colt went and glanced at the bedroom, deciding to go with the smallest. Once she decided she started moving her boxes into it. It was only about 5 boxes and once she was done she stopped next to Zeke.
"Would you like to lay down with me for a while?" She asked with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Devon hummed in response to Ronnie, but wasn't particularly relieved. With everything else going on, knowing that Vincent was alright would be a significant boost to her morale--not to mention having him to talk to helped a bit to keep her grounded. She said nothing of it, though, and just sighed before reaching for the TV remote.

Zeke set down a box and drew the back of his hand across his brow, though the night was a bit too chilly to actually sweat, and smiled tiredly at Colt. "That sounds great, actually," he said. "Could use some time in an actual bed."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Colt smiled a bit wider, though she was too tired to be anymore emotional then that. She moved into the bedroom where the soft bed waited for them. She sat down and quickly kicked off her boots, wiggling her toes at the new freedom.

Ronnie finished up with everything he was up packing, setting Vincents things up carefully in the corner of the room he chose. He wouldn't dare touch his things if he didn't need to.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Devon flipped through the channels until she found a news station, which she settled on with a grim sort of expression as she propped her chin in her hand. For ten minutes or so, it was uninteresting, the regular tales of car crashes and America's rising obesity epidemic, until they switched to a story that made her sit immediately upright and swear loudly.

The story went on to talk about an uprising threat of demons, citing the attack in the city that the group had just left as well as several more minor incidents in the surrounding area and near where they currently were. More threatening, though, was a blurry picture that had been attached to the story: a smudgy but obvious shot of Devon, with Colt nearby, clearly from a few days ago.

"I thought we'd be okay here," she said to whoever was listening. She dropped her head back. "Fuuuck."

Zeke collapsed face-down on the bed, not bothering to remove his shoes or jacket. It took far too much effort to dress down and undo shoelaces.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Ronnie had been listening to Devon, since he had stopped to drink some water and watch the news. The news was something he hardly trusted, but he could easily understand how bad their image in the news could be. He leaned forward a little more to get a better look at the picture.
"I think you will be fine, that picture makes you look like a dude," he snarked.

Colt laughed lightly at Zeke and flopped over him, trying to be tiredly playful.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:44 pm

"Yes, thank you," Devon said, lifting her head to give Ronnie a glare without heat. She looked at the image on the screen again, running her fingertips along the burn scars on her face. "Great. It had to be me, since I'm the recognizable one . . . Couldn't've gotten a picture of freaking Zeke or anything, since nobody would actually notice him."

"Whyyyyy," Zeke groaned into the blanket, making absolutely no effort to move. He squirmed slightly, then resumed his motionlessness.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

"I could always give you more scars," Ronnie added lightly, almost smiling. It was rare that Ronnie was out of his room unless Vincent was around, so conversations with him usually didn't last long. And when they did someone could easily tell he didn't hate anyone here, he was just a angry person with a love for sarcasm.
"Or you could get plastic surgery and actually try to look like a girl."

"Why not?" Colt asked back. "It's not like I can suffocate you, and you are pretty comfortable." She rolled off to the side of Zeke and laughed lightly, too tired to do much else.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:01 pm

"Oh, please, don't act like it doesn't get you all hot and bothered," Devon said, letting a faint smirk pull up the corner of her mouth. "But sure. When you stop acting like an obnoxious tool, I will make some sort of effort at being a woman. Shall I wear a miniskirt and halter? I'm sure I can hunt well enough in that." She ran a hand backward through her hair and let out a heavy breath. On a more serious note, they couldn't move again, not so soon, but would happen if they stayed here?

Zeke laughed and rolled onto his back. "I guess I don't technically have to breathe, yeah," he mused, looking up at the ceiling. "Hm."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Ronnie smiled and chuckled a little. Though he wanted to tell Devon how wrong she was, it didn't seem worth it at the moment.
"The day you wear a halter top and a mini skirt I will be perfectly polite and sweet like Vincent and maybe even quit drinking." He chuckled again at the thought of that ever happening.
Seconds later Vincent came into the house quietly, thinking everyone would be resting. He smiled to his friends, seeming much well off.

Colt scooted in nice and close to Zeke when he flipped over. "That's always weird to think about, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 pm

Devon laughed. "Like hell you will," she said. "I don't take bets I know I can't win."

When she heard the door open and close, she sat up and didn't bother hiding her immense relief at seeing Vincent. "Welcome back," she said wearily. "Glad to see you're okay, considering all the shit that's happening now. Where've you been?"

"Just a little," Zeke confessed. "It's like . . . I CAN breathe, but I don't need to, and I don't unless I'm thinking about it. Hm."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Ronnie was also slightly relieved to see Vincent as well, though not as much as Devon.
"Just taking care of myself," Vincent answered Devon with a cheerful smile. Hunting and feeding off young girls wasn't something he was proud of, but much needed.
"Have you two been finally getting along?" He asked, but before anyone could answer Ronnie quickly went to the bed room, shutting the door behind him. Vincent just laughed lightly, "I think you are growing on him."

Colt frowned a bit and put her arm over Zeke, "i like you, breathing or not. At least you don't snore."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:35 pm

"Really? Damn. I just called him a tool and accused him of being aroused by a news photo where I look more like a guy than a girl and I'm still growing on him? I need to step up my game a bit." Devon stood up and stretched her arms above her head. "Maybe next time I'll insinuate that he hires male prostitutes or something. Anyway . . ." She dropped her hands to her pockets, looking more solemn. "Did you go through town at all? How'd it look?"

Zeke laughed quietly. "I guess that's a perk, yeah."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Vincent chuckled lightly before losing his smile and sighing a little.
"Yes I did, and they all seemed to be scarred. Buildings were boarded up and there were posters telling citizens what to watch out for and what to do. Also who to call if they saw you or Colt. I got a little more attention then I usually do, but I don't think I scared anyone. But a news station stopped me and I gave them an act, telling them that I saw you and Colt head into Canada." He smirked again, thinking about the show he put on for them.
"Though things are grim right now, I think if we all keep low we will be alright for at least a little while."

Colt wished she could make Zeke feel better, but she didn't know what else to say. They were both cursed, and Colt loved her curse, she wished Zeke could too. She leaned in quietly to kiss his cheek, running out of things to say.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:52 pm

"The irony in that is that I don't even have a passport." Devon laughed humorlessly. "We'll have to keep our heads down though, yeah. I'm afraid to go out. Didn't mind the scars before, but I don't know how well I can hide them." She scratched lightly at the scarred side of her neck. "If only I'd been a little faster as a fourteen-year-old . . . But anyway." She smiled dryly. "I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to leave. You and Ronnie could probably pass alright on your own."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:03 am

"I have no reason in the world to leave unless you wish me to," Vincent said firmly, though he had a worried expression on his face. If Devon really wanted him to leave, he would, though he would hate it more then anything.
"I would honestly hate to leave," he added in a effort to convince her to let him stay. He couldn't say the same for Ronnie though.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 am

"Well, it's not that I want you to, just that I wouldn't be surprised if you chose to. You guys aren't the ones getting caught on camera and blamed for widespread panic and the murders of dozens of people. I honestly don't know how bad this thing is going to get or what Thanos is doing, so . . . " Devon trailed off and shrugged, then gave a faint smirk. "Won't tell you to leave by any means, but I wouldn't be surprised. That's all."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:22 am

"No matter what happens I would never have a good enough reason to abandon my friends," Vincent said firmly with a wide smile again. He was so relieved to know Devon was not trying to make him leave.
"I am here to help in anyway I can, though I am not such a good fighter, I can support you in anyway that you need."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:31 am

"Well. Your funeral, then." The smile on Devon's face removed any seriousness from the remark, however. She turned her attention back to the TV, which had moved on to other topics still related to the nearby demon attacks. "Not sure what to do from here, though. It's clear we can't do much about Thanos yet, but . . . Well, I can't just sit around and let him do this stuff, can I?" She ran her hand through her bangs again, letting them flop back into her eyes. "I'm feeling like a pretty useless hunter at this point. And Drake's gone and everything, and he has to know something about what's going on, but since we're not hearing anything . . ."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 am

Vincent sat down next to Devon on the couch, his back straight. "Well we know Drake was sending letters, but my brother stopped them, so I'm sure he will find us." He took in a short breath, "but about all this, I know you well enough to know you will not just stay home and let it pass. So I am sure you will end up doing something. And I am here to help if you need it." He let out his breath, not sure what else to say to make her feel better. Of course he wanted her to stay out of harms way, but he knew better then to expect that.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 am

Devon tilted her head against the back of the couch. "Thank you," she said sincerely, though she didn't look at him. She truly was grateful that he was choosing to stay, though she couldn't quite articulate it; without someone sane to keep her grounded, she had no idea how she would deal with everything that was going on.

"I wish I knew what he was up to," she said instead. "Just . . . what are his goals? I don't get it."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 12:39 am

"I don't know of anyway that can happen unless we were to find him and maybe... I don't know, spy on him?" Vincent suggested lightly with a short shrug. He knew that if Drake were here he would have better ideas. In that way, Vincent was envious of the demonic vampire.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 1:03 am

"If he has powerful demons like Saizel helping him, though . . ." Devon trailed off and blew out a heavy breath. Before anything else could be said, there was a knock at the front door. Devon frowned immediately and lifted her head; they had just gotten here. Nobody should be looking for them here, even if they had been there for a year.

She drew one of her guns as she stood up and went to answer. When the door swung open, behind it stood a man none of them had met before. He was tall, towering even over Devon, with broad shoulders and a perfectly straight stature. His black hair was slicked back close to his head, and he wore a dark, closely-fit suit. A strong scent--like corroded metal and something burned--mingled with cologne met Devon's nose just before she noticed his eyes: brilliant green, surrounded by black.

Immediately, Devon took a step back, leveling her gun with the tip of the man's nose. "What do you want?" she demanded coolly.

He seemed unperturbed, clasping his hands behind his back. "That is unnecessary," he said. "I only came to speak."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:16 am

Vincent stood up quickly with Devon when there was a random knock on the door. The scent of the visitor hit his nose like a ton of bricks before she even opened the door and he was immediately on edge. Well, the bit more he could be after they weren't expecting anyone to know where they were at.
"Speak of what?" He asked, his tone much harsher then usual.

In the next room over Colt and Zeke had fallen asleep peacefully, and they had been asleep for sometime when the visitor arrived. The smell of him creeped through the house quickly and snapped Colt from her dreams. She sat up quickly, shocked by the smell, the hair on the back of her neck standing on end.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:30 am

The stranger lifted his hand and attempted to gently push the gun away. Devon's grip was firm, however, and the weapon's muzzle barely budged a fraction of an inch.

"I'm not very fond of demons waltzing into my house," Devon said. "What do you want? Talk about what?"

The man breathed out a long, slow breath from his nose. "You recently had an . . . altercation with my employer," he began, regarding Devon and Vincent with a calculating expression. "I believe you attempted to kill the demon with him and have become somewhat renowned for your efforts."

"Thanos?" Devon asked. When he nodded, she rested her finger on the trigger. "So you're working with him. Why? Why are all these powerful demons suddenly frothing at the mouth to follow some human around?"

The man frowned, the barest turning-down of the corner of his mouth. "I would hardly say anyone is that eager," he said.

Zeke was out cold, content to continue sleeping without interruption. He flinched a little when Colt got up, then nuzzled back into the pillow that he had monopolized.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 2:55 am

Vincent's brow furrowed when the demon mentioned that none of the other demons were happily fallowing Thanos.
"If you work for Thanos then why are you here?"

Colt glanced at Zeke and decided to let him sleep. She could still smell the others in the house so she figured it would be alright to let him stay asleep. He had been really tired from the move. She got up out of the bed as carefully as she could and quickly left the room. She came up behind Vincent, glaring at the demon.
"Whats going on?" She asked with a growl in her throat, feeling defensive.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:14 am

"There's no reason to make this violent," said the man, still eying Devon's gun. "At least, not yet. I would much rather leave without having to come to blows."

"Then get out," Devon said.

He ignored her, instead glancing at the other two in the room. "Bit of an odd collection in this house," he remarked. "That aside, I came on behalf of Thanos, as you said. Your interference did not go unnoticed, despite the failed attempt."

"Please, keep insulting me, I love parlaying with people who do that."

"He wishes to extend to you an offer," the man continued. His bright irises seemed to flash. "In spite of your transgression, he has offered a second chance of sorts. He knows who you are, Devon. A rather famed hunter in spite of your young age." Devon scowled at hearing her name. "However, that will not save you should you decide to fight against him. He has recognized how valuable your skills, as well as those of your companions can be." His gaze flickered doubtfully over Vincent.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 3:52 am

"No way!" Colt quickly growled, taking a step forward. But Vincents mind moved quickly, "wait, hold on Colt.." He said, his gaze dropping from the other demon.
"Do not act so quickly... We may have no choice." He looked at Colt who was obviously shocked at what the vampire said. He looked toward Devon, hoping she could pick up on what he was thinking. This could be their one chance to get close to Thanos like they needed.
Colt didn't get it, but she also knew it wasn't like Vincent to give up, so she waited to see what Devon would say, still shocked.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 am

"Are you kidding me?" Devon stared incredulously at Vincent over her shoulder, her grip tightening on her gun. He couldn't be serious, that much was certain, so why--?

She turned back to the man--or demon, she supposed, he clearly was nothing close to human--as she thought. "Why would I trust you?" she asked. "Or him? And why would I want anything to do with any of this?"

He merely blinked. "Because it is your only option," he said. "I assure you, I'm more than capable of killing you myself should you refuse, but even if that was not enough, he would not leave you be in the future, especially if you attempted to interfere further. You would be killed either way. Your talents make you valuable, however. Should you choose to aid Thanos, rather than fight, you would be aiding something great."

Devon took a deep breath. Under normal circumstances, she would have shot him already. She had a feeling, though, that she knew what Vincent was hinting at.

"And if we agreed?" she asked. "What would that entail?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Colt watched Devon talk with the demon before forcing herself to calm down. Now she could tell that they were up to something, but she couldn't figure out just what. She cast a short, worried look to Vincent and he gave her a soft look back. She was worried about what was going to happen if they worked for Thanos. But something about Vincent seemed confident.

Then she wondered if this demon knew Zeke and Ronnie were here. She silently hoped he didn't.

"And would Thanos guarantee not to just kill us when he is done with us?" The vampire asked after Devon finished her question.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

The demon cast a brief glance around the rest of the house. When none of it seemed to interest him, he returned his gaze to the group in front of him. "He would not," he agreed. "There would be no point in it. Indeed, if you were to help him achieve his goals, I am certain he would reward you well."

Devon stared him down for a long moment, then finally lowered her gun. "Fine," she said. "Fine. Give us an hour. To talk and get ready."

He narrowed his eyes. "Do you think me foolish?" he asked. "An hour unattended?"

"Yeah, well, it's either that, or you can kill me now and go tell your boss you did that after I said yes."

The demon glared, but nodded. "One hour," he said. "I will be outside. I do not recommend that you change your minds." He stepped outside, and Devon kicked the door closed behind him.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Colt waited until she figured the demon couldn't hear them, "so what are you two planning?" She whispered, since she was still unsure if he could hear them or not.
"I certainly hope we are thinking the same thing," Vincent said quietly to Devon with a small smirk. "I could never see you giving up with out having a plan."

Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Devon pocketed her gun and glanced toward the door, where she knew the unnamed demon was keeping watch just outside. "More or less," she replied. "You started it, so maybe it's best you tell me what you were thinking first. Meanwhile, we need to get ready. Try not to talk too much; don't think he can hear us too well, but I don't want to risk it. Write it down if you have to." With that, she swept into another room, grabbing an old hiking backpack to throw supplies into.
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Vincent nodded and quickly grabbed a piece of paper and pen. He wrote down how he wasn't sure how it would work, but this could be their chance to get close to Thanos and figure out what is going on and how to kill them. He showed the paper to Colt, she had a hard time reading his hand writing since it was so old fashioned and fancy. Then he began to write a note to leave for Ronnie, whom he had hoped had fallen asleep by now.

Colt grabbed the note that Vincent wrote to her and Devon and took it to Devon before heading back to her bedroom. She had to wake up Zeke and tell him. She couldn't just leave a note. She shut the door quickly went over to the bed and sat on it, putting a hand on Zeke's arm.
"Wake up, Zeke" She said softly, still unsure of how loud she should be. The demon was at the front door and her room was in the back of the house, but she was still careful.

Vincent went quietly into his and Ronnies room to pack and leave his friend the note. That human could sleep through anything.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Devon read through the note as she shoved some extra clothing and ammunition into her backpack. So she had managed to pick up on Vincent's idea after all--good.

There was, of course, the possibility that this entire thing was a trap, and they would be killed within the hour, but it was a risk they'd need to take.

Zeke mumbled as he was pulled--very much against his will--back into the realm of the living. He lifted his head just enough to look up at Colt through bleary eyes, and smiled faintly. "What?" he slurred. "S'much as I like you, I hope it's s'mething 'mportant."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:10 pm

Vincent gathered what he could, and thought he would need, as quietly as he could. Trying not to wake Ronnie up was always easier then he thought. And he knew if his friend were to wake up he would want to come with them. But it was much too dangerous for a human.

"Aren't you sweet," Colt smiled lightly down at him. "I didn't want to wake you, but we are leaving.... Devon, Vincent and I are being taken to Thanos... This demon showed up suddenly and want's us to work for Thanos or be killed. He doesn't know that you and Ronnie are here so you two will stay. Devon and Vincent has some sort of plan to use this to find out how to kill him.." Colt explained, her voice obviously showing that she was a little scared. She could hold her own better then Zeke, Ronnie, and Vincent. But she was never as good as Drake or Devon of even her own mentor. And if all these powerful demons were being controlled by Thanos, it would be a lot more then she could easily handle.
"I didn't want to just leave you a note..."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:34 pm

When Devon finished her packing, she went out to the living room and stood, looking over the rest of the house. They hadn't even had a chance to unpack their belongings, and already they were leaving again.

"Ready?" she asked when she saw Vincent again. She wanted to tell him to leave; this wasn't his fight. She doubted the demon outside would allow it, though, and Vincent was showing a stubborn streak Devon wasn't aware he had before.

Zeke blinked a few times as he propped himself on his arms. Colt's words took their time sinking into his sleep-addled brain, but when they did, he nearly shot out of the bed.

"Are you crazy?" he hissed. "You have to be, all of you. You can't just run off to see that madman, and you can't leave me here while you do it!"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Vincent nodded to Devon, "I just hope I can be useful. Maybe Thanos doesn't know how I am not much of a fighter." He smiled at himself, he didn't mind that he wasn't a fighter. He had a few tricks up his sleeve that could come in handy. Things he didn't like to do, but would if he must.
"He is summoning pretty old demons, maybe I could make him believe I am powerful too, since I am the second oldest vampire. Only beat by my own brother. We will just have to try and keep up the charade" He was half joking of course. The other demons could probably see right through him. In a sense, he was more powerful then his brother. But none of those powers were really useful in a fight.

Colt reached out and put her hands on Zeke's arms, "we have to. The demon said if we don't he will kill us, and if we manage to beat him Thanos will just keep sending more and more powerful demons to kill us. And this our only chance to try and stop this before it gets worse. . . " Colt said quickly, her fear showing more and more in her voice, making it shake just a little.
"I can't let you come and put yourself in danger too. They don't know you are here, you will be safe."
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:01 pm

"I'd rather you weren't here at all," Devon confessed with a sigh. "This isn't--I don't know. I don't think this is something any of us should have to do, but at least Colt and I volunteered for it. You and Ronnie and Zeke didn't."

She shook her head sharply. "Sorry. I know you've told me twice already where you stand. Ignore me. Let's just . . ." She gestured toward the door, a signal that they had other things to worry about.

"But I can't just let you run off, either!" Zeke protested, grasping her by the shoulders. "What am I supposed to do, then? Sit here and wonder if the three of you will come back intact, or wait to see if I have to watch you destroying everything because he told you to?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 pm

Vincent smiled softly at Devon, to try and make her feel better. "Please do not worry yourself with my well being. I assure you, I will not die, and there is no where else in the world I would rather be then by your side, in danger or not..." He said in a soft but stern tone as he starred at the wolf girl, his violet eyes never leaving her face.

Colt's eyes had to look away from Zekes face. She felt guilty for leaving him here like this, but he just couldn't come along. She quickly embraced the vampire, holding him as tightly as she could.
"I'm scared too Zeke, but you cant come and I have to go," she mumbled into his shirt. She wanted so badly to not have to go. She should have stayed in bed when she smelt the strange demon.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Devon seemed unsure of how to react at first, but eventually a smile crept onto her face. "Alright," she said. She took a deep breath and held it for a second, then let it out slowly. "Alright," she repeated, feeling more composed. "Really should know better then to question that by now." She looked in the direction of one of the bedrooms, where she knew Zeke and Colt were talking, and fleetingly wondered what Drake would think if he came back to a house of two people.

Zeke embraced her tightly, wishing he could keep her there through sheer force of will, that everything else would just stop and work itself out without any of them having to interfere.

"I won't sit here," he mumbled into Colt's shoulder. "I can't. Maybe I can't do anything right now, but I'm not going to sit here the whole time."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 11:52 pm

"You will learn sooner or later," Vincent chuckled lightly at Devon. He didn't mind waiting for Colt and Zeke to say goodbye. Considering what could happen, he didn't blame them.

"What will you do then?" Colt asked, pulling away to look at Zeke again, "you can't put yourself in danger... If something happened..." Her voice caught in her throat and she looked down, trying her best to not let her fears overwhelm her.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 am

"Normally I'm a quick learner," Devon said with a self-deprecating smirk. She occupied herself with checking the magazines of her pistols as she waited on Colt, though she knew her guns were already filled and functioning perfectly. They still had time before the demon would demand they leave, which only gave Devon more time to wonder how this could all go wrong.

"I don't know. Probably not anything right away, but if you guys don't come back soon, I can't just keep waiting. Frankly, if you guys don't come back, I'm probably screwed either way. Might as well try to do what I can." Zeke sighed heavily. "Not right away. Just . . . try to hurry up and get back safe, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 am

Colt remembered that she was supposed to be packing and got up from the bed when Zeke was talking. She quickly packed her back, shoving any weapon she had into it and covering it with clothes and a extra coat.
Once she was done, which didn't take more then just a couple minutes since they hadn't even unpacked yet, she stopped and faced Zeke again. She was silent for a moment while she thought about what would happen if she died. But she wouldn't, she couldn't.
She leaned forward to get closer to him again, "I promise I will come home as long as you stay alive too.." She said firmly, looking straight into his green eyes before planting a firm and loving kiss right on his lips.
Back to top Go down
Common Nonsense
Admin
Admin
Common Nonsense

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 pm

Zeke quietly watched Colt pack, mind racing to figure out what he could do in this situation. Nothing came to him. As much as he hated sitting around uselessly, he wasn't a hunter and was the most mundane vampire one could be. How useful was he going to be if he ran out after them and got killed in a second?

When she kissed him, he grabbed at her arms as though that would keep her in place, returning it as though he'd never see her again. For all he knew, he might not.

"Just be careful," he said when they parted. "Let us know what's happening, if you can."
Back to top Go down
Almost Easy
Admin
Admin
Almost Easy

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:29 am

Colt nodded to Zeke, "I will, you stay safe." She kissed him one last time before forcing herself grab her bag and walk out of the room with out looking back. She had to force herself not to stop and say good bye again, it was just too hard.

She took a deep breath to steady herself as she walked into the living room to meet Vincent and Devon.
"Are you ready?" Vincent asked, giving her a short concerned look.
Colt nodded and flashed a smiled, "nervous but ready."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon    Demon      - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Completely Useless Information :: Roleplay :: IC Threads-
Jump to: